Abdoulie’s Chu is a simple sauce recipe from Gambia, made with meat and lots of vegetables of your choice. Quite delicious and we really enjoyed it.
- For: 8
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 42 min
- Ready in: 52 min
- Wash and cut the vegetables in small pieces, such as shown
- Pour some oil in a large sauce pan and heat it.
- Add the vegetables and on low heat, let them cook, while you stir them now. Add the spices, salt and tomato puree. Mix well and continue to stir fry until the vegetables turn glassy.
- Peel potatoes and cut each into quarters and add them
- Cut the meat into smaller pieces and add them too and cook until they start boiling.
- Add the pre-cooked meat soup or some water and let this cook on low heat, covered, until the potatoes are cooked. Remember to stir now and then.
Using pre-cooked meat (mutton, pork and especially beef… like left over from yesterday) considerably shortens cooking time.