AllAfrica News: Travel and Tourism All Africa, All the Time.
- Ethiopia: Unesco Heritage Sites Inspiring Tourism Revolutionon 30/09/2023 at 07:44
[Ethiopian Herald] When United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) enlisted 12 heritages in its first version sites in 1978, Ethiopia was amongst the seven countries including Canada, the U.S., Senegal, among others, which inscribed two heritages. In fact, the world heritages list has over 1,000 sites across the world now.
- Uganda: Private-Sector Tourism Players Raise Red Flags On Persistent Government Underfunding of the Sectoron 29/09/2023 at 14:09
[Nile Post] Persistent funding gaps by the Government of its Tourism Development Programme (FY 20/21 to FY 24/25) are slowing down the sector's post-Covid-19 recovery and if not urgently addressed, Uganda risks failing to meet all of the programme's targets, Herbert Byaruhanga the President of the Confederation of Uganda Tourism Associations (COUTA), has warned.
- Uganda: Turkish Tour Operators Thrilled By Uganda's Tourist Attractionson 29/09/2023 at 14:09
[Nile Post] A group of 20 guests from the Republic of Turkiye are currently on familiarisation trip to Uganda to visit the country's tourist attractions.
- Ghana: Delta Airlines Sales Manager Inspires Girls in Aviation Day Celebration in Accraon 29/09/2023 at 10:48
[Ghanaian Times] More than 200 senior high school girls participated in this year's Girls in Aviation Day celebration held at the new auditorium of the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) in Accra.
- Ghana: 1,433 Die, 10,367 Injured in Road Crashes This Yearon 27/09/2023 at 15:08
[Ghanaian Times] At least 1,433 people died from road accidents across the country, from January to August, this year, the National Road Safety Authority (NSRA), has said.
- Uganda: Tour Company Names 16 Year Old As Its Brand Ambassadoron 27/09/2023 at 11:06
[Nile Post] Home To Africa Tours, a leading travel agency in Uganda has announced the appointment of 16 year old Nicholas Tukwasibwe as its brand ambassador, in partnership with Bravo Shoes Community Support Organisation.
- Ghana: Collapsed Doli Bridge - Commuters Forced to Pay More!on 27/09/2023 at 08:14
[Ghanaian Times] Wa -- Commuters in Wa in the Upper West Region say they are compelled to pay astronomical hikes in transport fares by transport operators and a stressful travel ever since Doli Bridge in the Savannah Region was washed away by torrential rains nearly a week ago.
- South Africa: South African Tourism - Informal Traders Need Support, Not More Red Tapeon 26/09/2023 at 04:36
[The Conversation Africa] South Africa is an attractive tourist destination for foreign travellers on the African continent. It ranks 27th out of 128 countries in the world when it comes to visitor arrivals.
- Tanzania: Precision Air to Introduce New Aviation Subjectson 25/09/2023 at 12:41
[Daily News] TANZANIA : PRECISION Air plans to introduce three new courses at its training centre including pilot simulators training in efforts to produce more competent professionals to benefit the aviation sector and the economy.
- Mauritius: Tourist Arrivals Exceed Target of Two Millionon 25/09/2023 at 06:33
[Government of Mauritius] Tourist arrivals have exceeded the set target of two million since the opening of the frontiers following the COVID-19 pandemic from October 2021 to September 2023.
- Tunisia: Goulette Port to Welcome 'Costa Favolosa,' Sep. 26on 25/09/2023 at 05:20
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- La Goulette Port will welcome on September 26 over 4,500 people (tourists and crew) on board the "Costa Favolosa" from Palermo (Italy).
- Seychelles: Air Seychelles to Add Flights to Tel Aviv Due to Passenger Demand Increase for Sukkot Celebrationson 21/09/2023 at 15:43
[Seychelles News Agency] Air Seychelles will be operating 20 flights on the Tel Aviv route between Thursday, September 21 and Friday, October 6, to accommodate the increase in passengers for an upcoming Israeli holiday.
- Ghana: 100 Hospitality Front Desk Workers Undergo French Literacyon 20/09/2023 at 13:23
[Ghanaian Times] About 100 front desk workers of hotels and hospitality institutions are undergoing training in the French language in Accra as part of efforts to enhance hospitality service delivery in the country. The three-month training programme is aimed at enabling the workers provide the needed service to French-speaking tourists.
- Kenya: Kenya Targets Asian Golfers to Grow Visitor Arrivalson 19/09/2023 at 08:57
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Kenya is relying on Malaysian golfers to grow its tourism market share from the Asian market that has continued to grow in the recent past.
- South Africa: West Coast Flower Season Blossomed With Joy and an Influx of Tourismon 19/09/2023 at 06:06
[Daily Maverick] This year's flower season along the West Coast has brightened up the landscape, and an influx of tourists has been good for local businesses.
- Nigeria: Nigerian Airlines Can Fly to UK, Europe After NCAA Interventionon 18/09/2023 at 09:33
[Daily Trust] The coast is clear for Nigerian airlines to fly to the United Kingdom and Europe following the Third Country Operator (TCO) certificate obtained by the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) for the affected airlines.
- Zimbabwe: Passports to Be Made Fool-Proof Against Forgeryon 18/09/2023 at 08:03
[The Herald] Parliament yesterday approved the vote, or budget of $452 720 000 for the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- West Africa: Air Peace Orders Five New Embraer E175 Aircraft Worth Over U.S.$11 Millionon 18/09/2023 at 07:21
[Daily Trust] Air Peace, West Africa's largest airline, yesterday placed a firm order for five Embraer E175 aircraft.
- South Africa: Gain Free Access to National Parkson 18/09/2023 at 05:29
[SAnews.gov.za] Minister of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment Barbara Creecy has urged South Africans to take advantage of the free access granted to the country's National Parks during SA National Parks Week.
- Ghana: Oxygen Malfunction On Delta Airlines Flight Forces Emergency Landingon 15/09/2023 at 08:22
[Ghanaian Times] Atlanta-based Delta Airlines (DL) flight 157 from Ghana to New York had to do an emergency landing last Friday five hours into the flight due to a mechanical malfunction with the backup oxygen system on the plane.
- Rwanda: New Israel Envoy to Establish Stronger Tourism Ties With Rwandaon 14/09/2023 at 11:47
[New Times] The new Ambassador of Israel to Rwanda, Einat Weiss, seeks to establish strong bilateral relations between both countries, spurred by the tourism industry and investments.
- East Africa: Kenya Set to Host Regional Tourism Expo in Novemberon 14/09/2023 at 05:49
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- It is Kenya's turn to host the 3rd edition of the East Africa Regional Tourism Expo (EARTE) slated for November as the country roots for regional tourism.
- South Africa: Club Med Brings Not One, but Two Resorts to South Africaon 13/09/2023 at 06:12
[Daily Maverick] The beach and bush resorts are described as setting new standards in experiential travel.
- Mauritius: Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority Embarks On a Three-City Road Show in Indiaon 12/09/2023 at 16:28
[Mauritius Tourism] Port- Louis -- The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority's (MTPA) Director Mr Arvind Bundhun led a delegation comprising 24 operators from Mauritius to conduct a 3 cities road show in Mumbai, Chennai and Ahmedabad.
- Mali: Commercial Flights Suspended to Timbuktu Over Insecurityon 12/09/2023 at 14:21
[allAfrica] Harare -- Sky Mali, the sole commercial airline serving Timbuktu in the interior of Mali, has announced that it canceled travel there due to safety concerns, further isolating the northern city, which has been under a militant blockade for more than a month, Reuters reports.
- Ethiopia: Ethiopia Orders 1.5 Million Passports to Clear Citizen Backlogon 12/09/2023 at 10:01
[Reporter] New Director vows to clear 300,000+ passport application backlog within a year
- Kenya: Anti-Government Demos Pushed Up Healthcare Expenses, New Report Revealson 12/09/2023 at 06:20
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Opposition-led civil unrest that occurred between the months of March and July this year pushed up the cost of healthcare in the country, a new report has revealed, squeezing already struggling Kenyans amid high inflation.
- Angola: New Airport Completes First Phase of Certificationon 10/09/2023 at 17:22
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The new Luanda International Airport Dr. António Agostinho Neto (AIAAN) completed this week the first phase of the certification process, after the publication of aeronautical data and information in the world civil aviation circuit, ANGOP has learnt.
- South Africa: Comedian Trevor Noah to Get R33 Million for Tourism Advert - South African News Briefs - September 8, 2023on 08/09/2023 at 05:51
[allAfrica] Cape Town --
- South Africa: 2,000 Southern White Rhino to be Released into the Wild Over Next 10 Yearson 05/09/2023 at 16:15
[African Parks] Johannesburg -- African Parks has purchased the world's largest captive rhino breeding operation in a bid to rescue and rewild the rhino to safe and well-managed protected areas across Africa.