AllAfrica News: Travel and Tourism All Africa, All the Time.
- Liberia: Lawsuit On Freedom Day Seeks U.S. Visa Waiver for All Liberiansby FrontPageAfrica on 22/09/2021 at 11:50
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- Human rights activist, Rev. Torli Krua, a Liberia native of Boston, Massachusetts has filed a lawsuit against the United States Government seeking a court to declassify unlawful and racist secret message from Washington, DC in 1990 to the US Embassy in Monrovia ordering visa denial to all Liberians.
- Uganda: Construction of Uganda Tourism School Nearly Completeby Monitor on 22/09/2021 at 11:25
[Monitor] The Uganda Tourism School is due to be handed over to the government following the completion of physical works which stand at 89 per cent, officials have said. Works on the Shs24b facility started in 2018.
- Nigeria: Ebonyi Seeks N10 Billion From Govt to Acquire Airport Equipmentby This Day on 22/09/2021 at 07:31
[This Day] The Ebonyi State government has made a request for a loan of N10 billion from the federal government, which it would use to acquire airport equipment, as it does not have enough funds to complete work on the airport project.
- Ghana: Ghana President Heralds Historic Agreement to Build A World-Class W.E.B. Du Bois Museum Complexby W.E.B. Du Bois Museum Foundation on 22/09/2021 at 00:27
[W.E.B. Du Bois Museum Foundation] New York -- The H.E. Nàna Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, President of the Republic of Ghana, heralded plans to construct a state-of-the-art museum complex honoring the legacy of world-renown black intellectual and civil rights pioneer Dr. W.E.B Du Bois as an important symbolic monument.
- Ghana: Government Partners Du Bois Foundation to Transform Du Bois Centre Into a Museum Complexby Ghana Presidency on 21/09/2021 at 23:47
[Ghana Presidency] The President of the Republic of Ghana, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has urged the African Diaspora to follow in the footsteps of W. E Dubois by making Africa their home, and contributing to the development of the continent.
- South Africa: Africa Ramps Up Drive to Revive Tourismby SAnews.gov.za on 21/09/2021 at 15:53
[SAnews.gov.za] Tourism Minister Lindiwe Sisulu says she is pleased that discussions are underway to find ways of getting the country and the continent out of the pandemic and revive the tourism sector.
- South Africa: South Africa's Tourism Income Wobbles As Strict Lockdowns and UK Red List Biteby Daily Maverick on 21/09/2021 at 15:52
[Daily Maverick] South Africa's tourism remains on its back after the strict Covid-19 lockdowns during the Northern Hemisphere summer and violent riots in July, worsening the hit the labour-intensive sector has taken from the country remaining on the UK red list.
- South Africa: Minister Lindiwe Sisulu - African Travel and Tourism Summitby Govt of SA on 21/09/2021 at 15:34
[Govt of SA] Opening and key note address by Honourable, Lindiwe Sisulu - Minister Of Tourism at the African Travel And Tourism Summit, Johannesburg, South Africa
- South Africa: Minister Sisulu Welcomes Germany's Decision to Remove SA From the 'Red List' Countriesby SAnews.gov.za on 21/09/2021 at 15:09
[SAnews.gov.za] Tourism Minister Lindiwe Sisulu has thanked the German government for removing South Africa from the COVID-19 red list.
- Ghana: Use Your Expertise to Turn Around Fortunes of MMTL - Ministerby Ghanaian Times on 21/09/2021 at 14:31
[Ghanaian Times] The Minister of Transport, Kwaku Ofori Asiamah, has urged the newly constituted Governing Board of the Metro Mass Transit Limited (MMTL) to bring their expertise to bear to help turn around the fortunes of the transport company.
- Gambia: Afro-Euro Airlines Trains Over 40 Youth On Aviation Securityby The Point on 21/09/2021 at 14:25
[The Point] Amidst the growing need for safety in the aviation sector, Afro-Euro Airlines Security Services on Wednesday convened a ten-day training for over 40 youth on aviation security and protection.
- Libya: SNTRI - Tunis/Tripoli Bus Service to Resumes Operations September 24by Tunis Afrique Presse on 21/09/2021 at 13:50
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The National Company of Intercity Transport (SNTRI) announced Monday that its international Tunis-Tripoli, Libya bus service will resume operations on September 24, while maintaining the old schedule.
- Liberia: Drivers Protest Against Fares Reductionby New Dawn on 21/09/2021 at 13:17
[New Dawn] Several commercial drivers staged a peaceful protest early Monday, 20 September 2021 in Monrovia, expressing their opposition to the reduction in transport fares by the government here.
- Malawi: Fama Partners Amaryllis Hotel Featuredby MBC on 21/09/2021 at 12:47
[MBC] The Film Association of Malawi (FAMA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Amaryllis Hotel that will see the hospitality facility offering space for Movie Nights for Malawian movies.
- Seychelles: Seychelles' Tourism Festival to Focus On the Future, Integrate Children's Interviewsby Seychelles News Agency on 21/09/2021 at 11:25
[Seychelles News Agency] Seychelles' Tourism Festival this year will take place from September 27 until October 3 under a theme focusing on the future of the industry, a top official said Monday.
- Tanzania: U.S. Travel Agents Arrive to Sample Tourist Attractionsby Citizen on 21/09/2021 at 11:19
[Citizen] Arusha -- The first group of international travel agents has arrived to explore and experience the Northern Tourism Circuit as part of tour operator's grand plan to reboot the multi-billion dollar tourism industry post-the-Covid-19 pandemic.
- Kenya: Kenya Is Off UK 'Red List', but Vaccine Certification Question Lingersby Nation on 21/09/2021 at 06:14
[Nation] Kenya says it is happy the 'red list' nightmare for Kenyan travellers to the United Kingdom (UK) is over, even though authorities must now quickly negotiate an acceptable type of Covid-19 vaccine certificate.
- Kenya: Direct Flights From Wilson to Nyeri to Boost Tourismby Nation on 21/09/2021 at 06:14
[Nation] Tourism players are banking on the introduction of direct flights from Nairobi's Wilson Airport to Nyeri's Nyaribo Airstrip to boost the sector's dwindling fortunes.
- Kenya: Tourism Sector Lauds Removal of Restriction for Travel By UK Govtby Capital FM on 21/09/2021 at 06:14
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The country's tourism sector has vowed to upscale measures in the fight against coronavirus in the country to ensure the country is ranked among safe destinations across the world.
- Namibia: Hosea Kutako Airport Expansion Nears Completionby Namibia Economist on 20/09/2021 at 15:50
[Namibia Economist] The short term expansion project to address the current congestion and ICAO compliance shortcomings at the Hosea Kutako International Airport (HKIA) is well on track for completion, the Namibia Airports Company announced.
- Tunisia: Tabarka-Aïn Drahem Tourist Area Sees 35 Percent Jump in Number of Bed Nightsby Tunis Afrique Presse on 20/09/2021 at 14:33
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The number of bednights in Tabarka-Ain Drahem tourist area, Jendouba, rose 35% by late August compared to summer 2020, local tourism commissioner Aissa Marouani told TAP. A 23% rise on the same period last year was also reported.
- Africa: Kimberley - South Africa's Tourism Diamond Needs a Desperate Polish in Local Governmentby Daily Maverick on 20/09/2021 at 14:13
[Daily Maverick] South Africa has much to offer domestic and international tourists, but the country falls short in being a full-package destination, primarily because municipalities are often badly run and fail to deliver basic services. Kimberley, the home of the Big Hole, is one such example.
- Liberia: LCAA, Ministry of Transport and Roberts Flight Region Signs Agreement With BAGAIA to Establish Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureauby FrontPageAfrica on 20/09/2021 at 11:00
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- The Liberia Civil Aviation Authority (LCAA), Ministry of Transport and the Roberts Flight Information Region, has signed a resolution with BANJUL Accord Group Accident Investigation Agency (BAGAIA) to establish Liberia's first Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau by July 2022.
- Mauritius: Mauritius Welcomes Inclusion on UK 'Clear for Travel' Listby Government of Mauritius on 20/09/2021 at 09:54
[Government of Mauritius] The Government of the Republic of Mauritius welcomes the United Kingdom government's decision to include Mauritius on the 'Clear for travel' list, ensuring that fully vaccinated travellers from the UK to Mauritius will continue to be free from quarantine restrictions on their return.
- Kenya: Kenya Removed From the UK Red List in Revised Covid-19 Travel Regulationsby Capital FM on 20/09/2021 at 09:18
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Kenya has been removed from the UK red list in revised coronavirus travel regulations.
- Egypt: UK Removes Egypt From Travel 'Red List'by Egypt Online on 20/09/2021 at 08:54
[Egypt Online] The UK government announced on Friday 17/09/2021 that it has removed Egypt and seven other countries from its travel "Red List".
- Nigeria: United Airlines Deploys Dreamliner, Begins Washington DC to Lagos Flightsby This Day on 20/09/2021 at 08:47
[This Day] United Airlines has announced that new service between Washington, D.C. and Lagos, Nigeria would begin November 29 (subject to government approval).
- Uganda: Testing Mess At Entebbe Causes 90 Percent Tourist Cancellations - Tour Operatorsby Monitor on 20/09/2021 at 08:24
[Monitor] Across -- section of tour operators have cried out to government to clean up the Covid-19 testing mess at Entebbe International Airport, saying it is costing the country 90 per cent of tourist booking cancellations.
- Tunisia: Tourism Receipts up 4.7 Percent in Dinar and 7.5 Percent in Us Dollarby Tunis Afrique Presse on 20/09/2021 at 07:54
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Tourism receipts posted a 4.7% rise in Tunisian dinar to 1.674 billion dinars and 7.5% in US dollar to $605 million till September 10, compared to the same period last year, according to figures released by the Tourism and Handicrafts Ministry.
- Ethiopia: Nation Foresees World Tourism Day Revitalize Sectorby Ethiopian Herald on 19/09/2021 at 10:10
[Ethiopian Herald] Sidama State hosts grand event