AllAfrica News: Travel and Tourism All Africa, All the Time.
- Zimbabwe: Drying Victoria Falls Sparks Concern on 08/12/2019 at 10:44
[Zimbabwe Standard] VICTORIA FALLS -- For decades Victoria Falls, where southern Africa's Zambezi river cascade down 100 metres into a gash in the earth, have drawn millions of holidaymakers to Zimbabwe and Zambia for their stunning views.
- Tanzania: Airport Project Given Priority, House Told on 07/12/2019 at 10:02
[Daily News] THE Minister for Finance and Planning, Mr Mohamed Ramia Abdiwawa, says the government had been prompted to reallocate funds to ensure the ongoing construction of Terminal III at the Zanzibar airport was complete.
- Kenya: Balala - Kenya Open Big Boost for Tourism on 06/12/2019 at 12:54
[Nation] Tourism Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala said the ongoing Magical Kenya Ladies Open presented by M-Pesa will boost Kenya's tourism prospects among global audiences who will be following the tournament on live TV.
- Seychelles: Sunshine, Sand and Water - 6 Beaches in Seychelles On Africa's Top 50 List on 06/12/2019 at 09:47
[Seychelles News Agency] Have you ever dreamt of being on a beach....not just any beach but one of the best, enjoying crystal clear sea, white powdery sand, a pristine green environment and an abundance of sunshine?
- Nigeria: Wells Carlton Wins Hotel of the Year At Nigeria Entrepreneurs Award on 06/12/2019 at 08:36
[This Day] Abuja -Popular hospitality brand, Wells Carlton Hotel and Apartments, bagged the Hotel of the Year Award at the sixth edition of the Nigeria Entrepreneurs Award which held at Oriental Hotel, Lagos, recently.
- Kenya: Retreats, Costly Hotel Meetings Banned in Kajiado's Austerity Measures on 06/12/2019 at 08:36
[Nation] The county government of Kajiado has taken steps to adopt austerity measures in all its operations in a bid to save much needed resources.
- Zimbabwe: Sashing Ceremony for Miss Tourism Zim on 06/12/2019 at 07:28
[The Herald] Preparations for this year's Miss Tourism Zimbabwe have gathered momentum, with a sashing ceremony slated for tomorrow night at Montclair Hotel and Casino in Juliasdale, Nyanga.
- Rwanda: PSG Reveals Why They Chose to Work With Rwanda on 06/12/2019 at 06:15
[New Times] Officials from French football club, Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) have said that the decision to pursue the recently signed three-year sponsorship deal was informed by Rwanda's attributes driven by innovation and youth-focused.
- Nigeria: Saudi-Based Pullman Zamzam Hotel Woos Nigerian Pilgrims on 06/12/2019 at 06:14
[Vanguard] A Saudi Arabia-based Pullman Zamzam, a 5-star hotel that prides itself on the quality of its premium hospitality and service through its warm Arabian welcome, recently embarked on a roadshow to Abuja and Lagos.
- South Africa: SAA's Fate Lies in Hands of Corporate SA on 06/12/2019 at 05:15
[Daily Maverick] The future of SAA is now out of government's hands and firmly in those of the private sector, for better or for worse.
- South Africa: What Next for National Airline SAA in Business Rescue on 06/12/2019 at 04:50
[The Conversation Africa] South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has taken the decision to put South African Airways, the cash-strapped national flag carrier, into voluntary business rescue. Caroline Southey from the Conversation Africa asked Professor Marius Pretorius to explain how the process works.
- Kenya: Rwandair Face Competition From Kenya's Budget Carrier on 05/12/2019 at 13:50
[The Exchange] Kenya's low cost carrier Jambojet on Monday made its first trip to Kigali International Airport as it launched scheduled flights between the Rwanda's capital and Nairobi, bringing competition to RwandAir.
- Rwanda: Rwanda - PSG Deal - How Social Media Reacted to the Partnership on 05/12/2019 at 12:53
[New Times] Rwanda and French Football club Paris Saint Germain (PSG) on Wednesday announced a three-year sponsorship deal. This was Rwanda's second partnership deal with a football club following on a three year deal with Arsenal FC last year.
- Tanzania: Mwakyembe Lauds Kili Marathon for Promoting Sports Tourism on 05/12/2019 at 10:23
[Daily News] Minister for Information, Culture, Art and Sports, Harrison Mwakyembe has lauded organisers of the Kilimanjaro Premium Lager Marathon for promoting sports tourism in the country and called on other local marathons to follow suit.
- Uganda: Tourism Board Kicks Off 'Back to the Source Tours' on 05/12/2019 at 07:29
[Monitor] Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) on Wednesday kicked off "Back to the source tours" initiative as a way of promoting tourism. This initiative was kicked off at Murchison falls National Park in north-western Uganda.
- Nigeria: Illusion of a Food Pack Economy on 05/12/2019 at 05:53
[This Day] On 7th November, I was in Afiesere, Ughelli for the Service of Songs for late Pa James Okpako Edevbie, father of Olorogun David Edevbie, Chief of Staff to the Delta State Governor. At the end of the ceremony, each guest was handed a take-away food pack. Congregated outside the venue was a large crowd, a common sight at public ceremonies in our country where people mill around for crumbs. As I made my way to the vehicle, a lady accosted me and said, "Please dash me your food pack."
- Rwanda: How Local Brands Will Benefit From the PSG Deal on 05/12/2019 at 05:26
[New Times] Rwandan brands are upbeat on the opportunities that will stem from the newly signed partnership agreement between the government and French football club, Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).
- South Africa: South African Airways Placed Under Business Rescue on 05/12/2019 at 05:03
[Daily Maverick] SAA is in business rescue as of right now - with a price tag totalling R4-billion in cash and government guarantees, even if some of the T&Cs remain outstanding.
- Botswana: Local Tourism Businesses Decry Short Leases on 04/12/2019 at 17:35
[The Patriot] Batswana operating tourism business in Ngamiland (North West District) have expressed grave concern about the short leases they are given to operate camp sites in national parks while their foreign counterparts enjoy longer leases.
- Tanzania: U.S. Warns Gays On Tanzania Travel on 04/12/2019 at 13:23
[Citizen] The US State Department on Tuesday urged travelers to Tanzania to "exercise increased caution" due in part to threats that gay people may experience there.
- Sierra Leone: Stakeholders Validate New Road Safety Strategy on 04/12/2019 at 09:57
[Concord] (L-R) RSA Augustine Kai Tongi, World Bank Consultant Matin Small, RSA Deputy Executive Director, Ibrahim Sannoh & NTC Supt. Zainab Cline-Thomas
- South Africa: Free State Economic, Small Business Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs Embarks On Tourism Service Excellence Campaign During Festive Season, 6 Dec on 03/12/2019 at 14:29
[Govt of SA] Customer satisfaction, like in all other sectors, is critical for the sustainability of the tourism sector. Quality service is therefore at the centre of the delivery of tourism products. Service Excellence has been identified as one of the important programmes for the sector to develop and create much needed jobs.
- Tanzania: Namibia, Tanzania Ink Agreements Targeting Tourism, Art, Culture and Youth Development on 03/12/2019 at 12:02
[Namibia Economist] Namibia and Tanzania Agreed to Revive the Tanzania -Namibia Joint Commission for Cooperation to boost trade and investments in the two countries, according to a report from Xinhua in Tanzania.
- Seychelles: Seychelles' Anse Source d'Argent and Anse Lazio Ranked Near Top On 50 Best Beaches List on 03/12/2019 at 11:39
[Seychelles News Agency] Anse Source D'Argent and Anse Lazio of Seychelles' third- and second-most populated islands of La Digue and Praslin have been voted eighth and fifteen on the World's Top 50 best beaches.
- Tanzania: TTB, Nas Agree to Boost Tourism Sector on 03/12/2019 at 10:57
[Daily News] THE number of tourists who visit the country is expected to increase following the successful signing of an agreement between the Tanzania Tourist Board (TTB) and National Aviation Services (NAS), which offer services at airports in Africa and Asia. The agreement was signed recently in Dar es Salaam.
- Liberia: The Consequences of Liberia Losing the IMO Seat on 03/12/2019 at 10:10
[New Dawn] Liberia will not sit on the 40-member Council of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) in the next two years after the country was defeated and relegated to floor membership in London.
- Gambia: Tourism and the National Economy on 03/12/2019 at 08:57
[Foroyaa] The forecast of the minister of finance is that tourism will suffer setback as a result of the financial difficulties of a company engaged in chartered flights for tourists, namely, Thomas Cook. Apparently he attributed the lowering of arrivals on the collapse of the company. He did not allude any setback in tourism to any political threat.
- East Africa: What's Been Done to Fight Cybercrime on 03/12/2019 at 07:50
[The Conversation Africa] East Africa attracts millions of tourists every year. Over the past 10 years, its earnings from tourism have doubled. Compared to the rest of Africa, the region is experiencing healthy economic growth. This makes it a promising investment destination.
- Nigeria: No Date Yet For Open Borders - Buhari on 03/12/2019 at 06:55
[Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari says he has not given any date for the reopening of Nigeria's land borders.
- Cameroon: Passenger Plane Shot At As Violence Escalates on 03/12/2019 at 04:43
[East African] Yaoundé -A Cameroon Airlines Company (Camair-co) passenger plane has been grounded after gunmen fired at it on Sunday as it approached landing at an airport in the restive English speaking Northwest region.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”5″ maximgwidth=”100″]