AllAfrica News: Travel and Tourism All Africa, All the Time.
- Zimbabwe: RTG Optimistic of Tourism Recoveryby The Herald on 13/04/2021 at 10:14
[The Herald] Business Reporter
- Ghana: Efficient Mobilization of Non-Discriminatory Road Fund Revenue As Against the Age-Old Toll Booth Concept -by Ghanaian Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:36
[Ghanaian Times] As a nation we have over the years wholeheartedlyaccepted the concept of revenue mobilization by way of road tolls to maintain and develop the much-desired road networks to enhance effective movements for all manner of motorized vehicles.
- Egypt: Karnak Hospital to Turn to Key Medical Tourism Destination in Egyptby Egypt Online on 13/04/2021 at 08:12
[Egypt Online] Health Minister Hala Zayed said on Monday Karnak International Hospital in Luxor will turn into a key destination for medical tourism in Egypt.
- Seychelles: Seychelles Tourism Board Launches Digital Platform to Increase Visibility, Support Local Tourismby Seychelles News Agency on 12/04/2021 at 15:55
[Seychelles News Agency] The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) on Monday launched a digital tourism platform in an effort to increase the visibility of the island nation through the internet and support the local tourism industry with online and digital marketing.
- Tanzania: Tanzania Tourism Board's Devotha Mdachi Suspendedby Citizen on 12/04/2021 at 08:13
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- The Minister of Natural Resources and Tourism, Dr. Damas Ndumbaro has suspended the Director General of the Tanzania Tourism Board (TTB), Devotha Mdachi, pending an investigation into allegations of misuse of public funds and resources.
- Tanzania: Minister Ndumbaro Suspends Tourism Board Bossby Daily News on 12/04/2021 at 07:01
[Daily News] The Minister of Natural Resources and Tourism, Dr. Damas Ndumbaro has suspended the Director General of the Tanzania Tourism Board (TTB), Ms Devotha Mdachi over embezzlement claims.
- Tanzania: Airlines Back to Kia As Tourism Picks Upby Citizen on 12/04/2021 at 06:37
[Citizen] Arusha -- Some foreign airlines to the Kilimanjaro International Airport (Kia) have resumed flights after recent suspensions following reduced traffic because of the global Covid-19 pandemic.
- Zimbabwe: Tourism Sector in Kariba Gets Covid-19 Jabby The Herald on 09/04/2021 at 11:07
[The Herald] People in the tourism sector in Kariba have begun receiving their Covid-19 jabs as the town prepares for the recovery of its mainstay industry.
- Namibia: Recycling Lab Wins Africa Youth in Tourism Innovation Awardby Namibian on 09/04/2021 at 10:07
[Namibian] A LOCAL recycling initiative, known as the Recycling Lab, was recently awarded the Africa Tourism Leadership Youth Innovation Award in Rwanda's capital Kigali for its initiative in sustainable architecture and waste management.
- Tanzania: Video - How Tourism Top Officials Squandered Sh35 Billionby Citizen on 09/04/2021 at 09:51
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- For a moment, let's put aside the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on tourism and, instead, focus on how top officials at the Tourism ministry misused funds that were meant for the promotion of the sector.
- Zimbabwe: Vaccine Boost for Kariba Tourismby The Herald on 09/04/2021 at 09:40
[The Herald] Kariba Bureau
- Zimbabwe: RTG Hotels Forks Out U.S.$4.4 Million On Room Renovationsby New Zimbabwe on 09/04/2021 at 09:12
[New Zimbabwe] Leading hotelier, Rainbow Tourism Group (RTG) has forked out a staggering US$4.4 million to refurbish its star hotel, Rainbow Towers to meet world class standards.
- Zimbabwe: Fastjet Increases Frequency Flights Between Vic Falls, Jo'burgby The Herald on 09/04/2021 at 08:41
[The Herald] Fastjet Zimbabwe says it will increase its current schedule to daily services between Victoria Falls International Airport and Johannesburg, OR Tambo International Airport with effective from May 30, 2021.
- Nigeria: Nigeria-UAE Travel Face-Off - Who Blinks First?by Daily Trust on 09/04/2021 at 08:22
[Daily Trust] It all started when the United Arab Emirates (UAE) alleged that some Nigerian travellers to Dubai or passing through it in transit were presenting fake COVID-19 test results.
- Tanzania: Tourism Ministry Paid Wasafi Over U.S.$59,980 Without Any Agreement Says CAGby Citizen on 09/04/2021 at 07:53
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- The Controller and Auditor General (CAG) has shown discrepancies in the payments which were made by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism paid to Wasafi Media saying there was no signed agreement between the two parties.
- Mauritius: Sherin Francis - "We attracted 3,321 visitors in the first six days of border reopening"by L'Express on 08/04/2021 at 22:27
[L'Express] After 65% of its population had received one dose of anti-Covid-19 vaccination and nearly 40% both doses, Seychelles reopened its borders on March 25th. Its CEO for tourism and hospitality discusses the issues of surviving with traditional markets hit by a third wave of the pandemic...
- South Africa: Mordor At the Gates - the Ploy to Strip-Mine Selati Game Reserveby Daily Maverick on 08/04/2021 at 08:47
[Daily Maverick] In August 2020, out of the blue, the owners of the 28,000-hectare Selati Game Reserve received word that a company called Tiara Mining had plans to excavate a series of open-cast pits on their land. The mining application was at an advanced stage, it seemed, which was strange -- no one from Tiara Mining had ever set foot on the conservancy. And so began a battle that would unearth a litany of contradictions.
- Uganda: Tourism Board to Employ Local, International Influencers to Market Ugandaby Monitor on 08/04/2021 at 08:43
[Monitor] Officials at the Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) say they will work more with local and international influencers to boost Uganda's tourism sector.
- Zimbabwe: First Lady Boosts Community Tourismby The Herald on 08/04/2021 at 07:33
[The Herald] THE traditional meal cook-out competition being spearheaded by First Lady Auxillia Mnangagwa and her Angel of Hope Foundation bodes well for the growth of community-based tourism and fostering unity in Zimbabwe, an expert in tourism and hospitality has said.
- Zimbabwe: Vaccine Rush Could Make Victoria Falls the World's Safest Tourist Destinationby 263Chat on 07/04/2021 at 10:34
[263Chat] More than 65 per cent of the eligible population in Victoria Falls have been vaccinated against Covid-19 in less than a week, and the initiative is ongoing, as Zimbabwe's top tourist city strives to become a safe destination.
- Tunisia: Tourism Minister in Russia to Promote Tunisia's Destination and Scale Up National Vaccination Strategyby Tunis Afrique Presse on 07/04/2021 at 08:30
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Minister of Tourism Habib Ammar is on a 3-day visit to Russia (April 5-7) together with Secretary of State to Minister of Foreign Affairs, Migration and Tunisians Abroad Mohamed Ali Nafti and Director General of the National Observaory of New and emerging Diseases Nissaf Ben Alaya, to promote the Tunisia destination.
- Tunisia: Zaghouan - 14-Day Ban On Events and Tourist Excursionsby Tunis Afrique Presse on 07/04/2021 at 08:30
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The Regional Committee to Combat the Spread of COVID-19 on Tuesday decided to ban all cultural and sports events, tourist trips and wedding ceremonies for 14 days in the governorate of Zaghouan.
- Zimbabwe: Unwto Projects Rebound in Tourismby The Herald on 06/04/2021 at 08:43
[The Herald] Senior Business Reporter
- Kenya: How Lockdowns Just Before Easter Choked Tourism Recoveryby Nation on 06/04/2021 at 07:41
[Nation] Recovery hopes of millions of people employed in the tourism sector as well as operators during Easter Holidays literally died with the announcement of fresh travel restrictions.
- Eritrea: Partial Flight to Resume From and to Asmaraby Shabait on 06/04/2021 at 07:35
[Shabait] The Ministry of Transport and Communications announced that partial flight from and to Asmara will resume in mid April.
- Tanzania: Covid-19 - Tanzania's National Hospital to Keep Steam Therapy Machinesby Monitor on 06/04/2021 at 06:12
[Monitor] Tanzania's national referral hospital, Muhimbili, has stated that the steam booths that were placed at its facility in Dar es Salaam will remain intact, an indication that the key hospital may continue to provide steam therapy as one of the ways to help fight Covid-19.
- Zambia: Ethiopian Airlines Pilot Mistakenly Lands At Unfinished Airportby DW on 06/04/2021 at 05:27
[DW] The plane's nonappearance took its original destination in Zambia by surprise. As the pilot informed air traffic control that he was about to land, they told him: "We can't see you."
- Zimbabwe: A Proposed Framework of Success for the Nationby The Herald on 05/04/2021 at 08:50
[The Herald] Tourism destination branding largely depends on the partnership of the public sector and private sector.
- Cape Verde: Authorities Allegedly Deny Entry to Nigerians While Allowing Western Travellersby Premium Times on 05/04/2021 at 05:32
[Premium Times] A Twitter user in South Africa, Khrist, said she had similar experience when she travelled to Cape Verde.
- Kenya: You Are Way Off the Mark, Kenya Tells UK Over Covid-19 Travel Banby Nation on 04/04/2021 at 07:44
[Nation] Kenya came out fighting last night, reciprocating the ban by the United Kingdom on Kenyan visitors by introducing its own stringent measures and accusing London of betrayal.