AllAfrica News: Travel and Tourism All Africa, All the Time.
- Egypt: Health Minister - Egypt Ranks 26th Worldwide for Medical Tourismby Egypt Online on 03/12/2022 at 16:12
[Egypt Online] Minister of Health Khaled Abdel Ghaffar said on Friday 02/12/2022 that Egypt ranked fourth regionally and 26th globally in the Medical Tourism Index.
- Ghana: GRA to Focus On Hospitality, Tourism Sectors During Festive Season to Rake in Revenueby Ghanaian Times on 02/12/2022 at 11:13
[Ghanaian Times] The Compliance and Enforcement Unit of the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) says it has turned its attention to operators in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry to ensure that the right taxes are paid during the festive season.
- South Africa: 'Durban Beaches Safe' - South African News Briefs - December 2, 2022by allAfrica on 02/12/2022 at 08:04
[allAfrica] Cape Town --
- Gambia: Imam Sait Matty Tomb - Most Visited Tomb in Destination Gambiaby The Point on 01/12/2022 at 14:28
[The Point] The tomb of Jihadist Imam Sait Matty Bah, which is located in Bakau is one of the most visited Senegambian tombs.
- Africa: Open Skies - African Nations to Pilot Single Air Transport Marketby Independent (Kampala) on 01/12/2022 at 13:36
[Independent (Kampala)] Dakar, Senegal -- Intra-African air travel under the Single African Air Transport Market (SAATM), an initiative of the African Union to create a unified air transport market in Africa, is edging closer to reality, after 17 countries committed to a pilot programme.
- Uganda: Uganda to Showcase Tourism Potential At Ibtm 2022 in Spainby Independent (Kampala) on 01/12/2022 at 07:20
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala, Uganda -- Uganda Tourism Board is participating in this year's IBTM, the biggest Marketing Incentives Conferences and Events (MICE) expo in the world from November 29th to December 1st, 2022, in Barcelona, Spain.
- Kenya: Dial *254# to Access Hustlers Fund Starting Tomorrowby Capital FM on 30/11/2022 at 13:49
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Kenyans will only need to dial star 254 hash, to access Hustlers Fund starting Thursday, following its official launch by President William Ruto
- Nigeria: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory to Citizens in U.S., Europeby Premium Times on 29/11/2022 at 06:32
[Premium Times] Mr Mohammed said he was not issuing a travel advisory but merely giving a piece of advice to Nigerians who may be visiting these countries.
- Zimbabwe: Zimbabwe, Malawi Exchange Notes On Tourismby The Herald on 25/11/2022 at 11:46
[The Herald] Zimbabwe and Malawi yesterday concluded the Third Joint Tourism Technical Committee (JTTC) meeting meant to assess progress on the areas of cooperation agreed to by the two governments.
- Kenya: Kenyan Tourism Stakeholders in Uganda As the Two Countries Seek to Build Synergiesby Nile Post on 25/11/2022 at 10:47
[Nile Post] A team of stakeholders including tour operators from Kenya is in Uganda for a five day familiarization trip to explore the Pear of Africa as both countries move to build synergies in promoting tourism.
- Zimbabwe: 2023 Budget Cruel and Anti-People' - Says Bitiby New Zimbabwe on 25/11/2022 at 10:21
[New Zimbabwe] Spread This News
- Liberia: Liberia Tourism Season to Kick Off With First-Ever National Tourism Festivalby FrontPageAfrica on 23/11/2022 at 12:52
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- On Saturday, December 10, 2022, Liberia tourism sector will come alive as the Country hosts LIBFEST, the first annual and national all-inclusive tourism festival celebrating Liberia's amazing beauty, sites, resources, events, and discoveries.
- Liberia: President Weah Extends Trip Abroad By Additional 25 Daysby FrontPageAfrica on 23/11/2022 at 12:51
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- President George Weah has extended his trip abroad by additional 25 days. The notice of the extension was contained in a letter he dispatched to the Liberian Senate on Tuesday, 18 November.
- Tunisia: Alternative Tourism - Launch of Project 'Hiking Trails of Tunisia'by Tunis Afrique Presse on 23/11/2022 at 11:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The project of the Ministry of Tourism "Hiking Trails of Tunisia" was launched Tuesday. It is an initiative launched as part of the diversification of the tourism product and the promotion of alternative and sustainable tourism, the ministry said in a statement.
- Rwanda: RwandAir Breaks Another Record - Its Ownby New Times on 23/11/2022 at 09:32
[New Times] When RwandAir started flying to London 5 or so years ago, I shared my excitement and optimism through this esteemed publication. I shared how people used to traverse many geographical territories to reach this beautiful land of ours. I wrote how I felt it would open up new opportunities, a new market for Rwandan products, new connections, new networking opportunities between Rwandans, the British people in particular and Europeans in general.
- Nigeria: A Questionable National Carrierby This Day on 23/11/2022 at 06:43
[This Day] The ownership structure of Nigeria Air is curious
- Kenya: Kenya, Uganda Seek to Build New Synergies in Tourism Sectorby Independent (Kampala) on 18/11/2022 at 10:19
[Independent (Kampala)] Mombasa -- With up to 60% of tourism arrivals in Uganda originating in Kenya, the country's Consulate General in Mombasa has called for new synergies to reap even more for the sector.
- Ghana: 'Endorsed Events for December in GH Campaign Launched'by Ghanaian Times on 18/11/2022 at 10:01
[Ghanaian Times] The Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Dr Ibra-him Mohammed Awal, has officially unveiled the endorsed events scheduled for the 2022 'December in GH' campaign.
- Uganda: Tourists Canceling Trips Over Ebola Fearsby VOA on 18/11/2022 at 07:59
[VOA] Kampala -- Uganda's tourism sector is once again being hit by effects from a deadly disease. In 2021, it was the COVID-19 pandemic. This time, it's the Ebola outbreak, with 141 confirmed cases and 55 deaths.
- Liberia: Brussels Airlines Organizes Familiarisation Tour of Aircraft and Airport Facilities for Members of Travel Agencies in Liberiaby FrontPageAfrica on 17/11/2022 at 13:50
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- The local team of Brussels Airlines in Monrovia invited 14 sales representatives from travel agencies to visit the facilities of the Roberts International Airport and a long-haul aircraft (A330) of Brussels Airlines.
- Uganda: Uganda to Leverage on MTN Kampala Marathon to Market Tourismby Independent (Kampala) on 17/11/2022 at 08:39
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala -- Uganda plans to leverage on the Kampala Marathon to market the East African nation as an ideal tourism destination.
- Gambia: Gambia Attends UNWTO Global Conference On Linking Tourism, Culture & Creative Industryby The Point on 16/11/2022 at 14:27
[The Point] The Gambian delegation led by the minister of Tourism and Culture is currently in Lagos, Nigeria, attending the UNWTO Global Conference on linking tourism, culture, and creative industry pathway for recovery and inclusive development.
- Uganda: Over 190 to Graduate From Jinja's Hotel and Tourism Instituteby Nile Post on 16/11/2022 at 12:25
[Nile Post] A total of 199 graduands will on November 25, walk away with diplomas and certificates in various tourism-related disciplines at the Uganda Hotel and Tourism Training Institute (UHTTI).
- Uganda: Uganda is Safe, Museveni Assures Visitors on Ebolaby Nile Post on 16/11/2022 at 12:13
[Nile Post] President Museveni has assured visitors that Uganda is safe for everyone to visit, despite the outbreak of the Ebola virus which he said is in a few districts but also easy to avoid.
- Uganda: Govt Urges Tourists Not to Cancel Plans on Ebola Fearsby Capital FM on 16/11/2022 at 09:20
[Capital FM] Kampala -- Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni on Tuesday urged foreign visitors not to cancel their plans over fears of the Ebola outbreak in the East African nation, insisting that the disease was under control.
- Ghana: Ghana Opens Premium Passport Application Centre in Londonby Ghanaian Times on 16/11/2022 at 07:53
[Ghanaian Times] The Minister for Foreign Affairs and Regional In-tegration, Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey, last Tuesday, officially inaugurated the Premium Appli-cation Centre (PAC) in London.
- Kenya: Kenya, Japan Set to Introduce Direct Flightsby Capital FM on 15/11/2022 at 11:18
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Kenya could soon enjoy direct flights to and from Tokyo, Japanese Ambassador to Kenya Okaniwa Ken has hinted.
- Gambia: Maiden Flight From Poland Arrives With 189 Touristsby The Point on 15/11/2022 at 10:52
[The Point] As this year tourist season promises a good number of arrivals, the first maiden flight from Poland on Friday arrived in The Gambia with 189 on board.
- Tanzania: Govt Insists On Use of Arts, Sports Sectors to Boost Tourismby Daily News on 15/11/2022 at 08:45
[Daily News] Bagamoyo -- THE government has pledged to increasingly strengthen the culture, arts and sports sectors following its immense contribution in boosting tourism and the national identity.
- Kenya: Twiga Tours Named World's Leading Safari Companyby Capital FM on 15/11/2022 at 05:20
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Kenyan tour company Twiga Tours has been named the World's leading tour company by the World Travel Award (WTA) in Muscat, Oman.