AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Zimbabwe: Songani Back in Training At FC Platinumby The Herald on 27/10/2020 at 11:36
[The Herald] FC PLATINUM have received a major boost ahead of their CAF Champions League campaign next month after the return of experienced forward Silas Songani.
- Zimbabwe: False Start for PSL Clubs Group Trainingby The Herald on 27/10/2020 at 11:34
[The Herald] The Premier Soccer League say they are still waiting for a signal from ZIFA to get down to business after the clubs failed to get the mandatory Covid-19 testing to pave the way for group training.
- Zimbabwe: National Athletics Boss Tagara Seeks Another Termby The Herald on 27/10/2020 at 11:32
[The Herald] INCUMBENT National Athletics Association of Zimbabwe president, Tendai Tagara, wants another term in office when they hold elections this weekend in Gweru.
- Zimbabwe: Hope for Young Tennis Playersby The Herald on 27/10/2020 at 11:29
[The Herald] As Tennis Zimbabwe expect to host three International Tennis Federation 18-and-Under tournaments this year, coaches have welcomed the development.
- Zimbabwe: Golfer Vincent Misses Cutby The Herald on 27/10/2020 at 11:18
[The Herald] Top Zimbabwe professional golfer, Scott Vincent, missed the cut for the second consecutive week when he took part in the Italian Open, at the weekend.
- Zimbabwe: Bhasera Excited With New Roleby The Herald on 27/10/2020 at 11:01
[The Herald] MIGHTY Warriors team manager, Tafadzwa Bhasera, is excited after getting her new role to manage a national football team.
- Botswana: Gaborone, Palapye Host Open Chess Championshipby Botswana Daily News on 27/10/2020 at 10:59
[Botswana Daily News] Gaborone -- Botswana Open Chess Championship 2020, initially scheduled for independence holidays and later postponed due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, has been rescheduled to October 30 to November 1.
- Botswana: Rakgare Calls for Commercialisation of Sportby Botswana Daily News on 27/10/2020 at 10:44
[Botswana Daily News] Francistown -- Minister of Youth Empowerment, Sports and Culture Development, Tumiso Rakgare has called for commercialisation of sport.
- Namibia: Fleidl, Saunderson Win Windhoek Open Titlesby Namibian on 27/10/2020 at 10:19
[Namibian] Heiko Fleidl and Reese Saunderson clinched the senior men and women's singles titles at the Windhoek Open Table Tennis Championships which recently took place at the Wanderers hall.
- Namibia: Saints Complete Dominant Seasonby Namibian on 27/10/2020 at 10:11
[Namibian] SAINTS completed another dominant season when they thrashed the X Team 18-1 in their final Bank Windhoek Men's Premier Indoor League match on Saturday.
- South Africa: Contest With Williams Excites Returnee Chigovaby CAJ News on 27/10/2020 at 09:54
[CAJ News] Johannesburg -- DURING his five-year stint at Polokwane City, George Chigova was an ever-present figure in goal but that is all set to change now that he is back for a second spell at SuperSport United.
- Angola: Joaquim Dos Santos Elected Swimming Body Headby ANGOP on 27/10/2020 at 09:08
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Joaquim dos Santos was elected on Saturday head of the Angolan Swimming Federation (FAN) for four-year term 2020/24.
- Ghana: GFA, Decathlon Sign 4-Yr Agreementby Ghanaian Times on 27/10/2020 at 08:18
[Ghanaian Times] The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has signed a four years agreement with sports retail outfit Decathlon Ghana as its official sports retail partner.
- Ghana: Boxing Prospect Gorsh Joins L&b Boxing Management Stableby Ghanaian Times on 27/10/2020 at 08:18
[Ghanaian Times] A young and promising Ghanaian boxer, Selassie Gorsh, has on Thursday signed a three-year contract with L&B Boxing Management Syndicate.
- Ghana/Tunisia: Top Tunisian Club Suffer Ban ... for Failure to Pay Sasraku Transfer Feeby Ghanaian Times on 27/10/2020 at 08:18
[Ghanaian Times] FIFA has splashed a hefty transfer ban on Tunisian side, Club Africain, for failing to settle Aduana Stars over the transfer of Derrick Sasraku.
- Kenya: Mudanyi in Pole Position at Sigonaby Nation on 27/10/2020 at 08:09
[Nation] Vet Lab Sports Club's Edwin Mudanyi Monday missed several birdie putts, but still managed to level the course and grab a one shot lead half way through the fourth leg of the 2020 Safari Tour golf series at the par 72 Sigona Golf Club course.
- Kenya: FIFA Orders Wazito to Pay Sacked Players Over Sh6 Millionby Nation on 27/10/2020 at 08:04
[Nation] The Fifa Dispute Resolution Chamber has ordered Football Kenya Federation Premier League (FKFPL) side Wazito FC to pay five players it sacked over six million shillings cumulative within 45 days.
- Cameroon: CHAN 2021 - CAF Mission Arrives Tomorrowby Cameroon Tribune on 27/10/2020 at 07:59
[Cameroon Tribune] The delegation led by CAF's Vice President, Constant Omari, will inspect facilities to host the 2021 Total CHAN scheduled to take place in January 2021.
- Kenya: KVF Welcomes 'New Tune' at CAVBby Nation on 27/10/2020 at 07:30
[Nation] "It's a huge relief that Amr Elwan is now out of the way and volleyball in Africa will take a fresh trajectory. He had become a burden," said Kenya Volleyball Federation (KVF) chairman, Waithaka Kioni, after the virtually conducted Confederation of African Volleyball (CAVB) elections on Sunday.
- Kenya: Ex-Kenyan Paralympian Among UK's 100 Influential People With Disabilitiesby Nation on 27/10/2020 at 07:14
[Nation] Kenyan-born former Paralympian with British Athletics, Anne Olympia Wafula, has added another feather to her already heavily garlanded cap - being named among the 100 most influential disabled people in the United Kingdom.
- Kenya: Bouchra Hajij Elected New CAVB Presidentby Nation on 27/10/2020 at 07:14
[Nation] Moroccan Hajij Bouchra is the new African Volleyball Confederation (CAVB) president.
- Kenya: Big Plans for Safari Rally Legacy Projectby Nation on 27/10/2020 at 07:11
[Nation] The Sports Ministry intends to plant 19 million trees over the next three years to commemorate the 19 years that the Safari Rally was out of the World Rally Championship (WRC) circuit.
- Rwanda: Kiyovu Begin Preps for 2020/21 Seasonby New Times on 27/10/2020 at 06:21
[New Times] SC Kiyovu reported to their training in high spirits over the weekend as the club prepare to challenge for the 2020/21 Rwanda Premier League title.
- Rwanda: APR Held By AS Kigali in Second Warmup Matchby New Times on 27/10/2020 at 06:21
[New Times] Rwanda Premier League champions APR were held by AS Kigali 1-1 in their second friendly match at Kigali Stadium on Sunday.
- Rwanda: Basketball - Champions Patriots Shift Focus to Bal 2020 Finalsby New Times on 27/10/2020 at 06:21
[New Times] Patriots have turned their attention to the 2020 Basketball Africa League (BAL) finals tournament after retaining the domestic league title for the third year running over the week.
- Kenya: Kenyan Winger Bwana Switches Clubs in the U.S.by Nairobi News on 27/10/2020 at 06:11
[Nairobi News] Kenyan winger Handwala Bwana has joined Major League Soccer (MLS) side Nashville SC from Seattle Sounders.
- Kenya: Youngster Naomi Makes Safari Tour Cut as Mudanyi Tops Sigona Day 2by Capital FM on 27/10/2020 at 05:29
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Youngster Naomi Wafula made history as the first lady golfer to make the cut at the Safari Tour Golf Series after producing a wonderful performance in the second day of the Sigona leg.
- Kenya: Asuza Savours One Stroke Lead as Naomi Makes Safari Golf Tour Cutby Capital FM on 27/10/2020 at 05:29
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Edwin Inana Asuza has moved to the summit on Day Two of Safari Tour Golf Series contrary to all expectations.
- South Africa: Cricket SA Board All Out, but What Next?by Daily Maverick on 26/10/2020 at 15:12
[Daily Maverick] Cricket South Africa's entire board has resigned, even though some will roam the game like zombies until an interim structure takes over. What made the board go after months of bloody-mindedness, and what happens now?
- South Africa: Will New Evidence Nab National Soccer Captain Senzo Meyiwa's Killers?by allAfrica on 26/10/2020 at 13:04
[allAfrica] Cape Town -- Every year since Senzo Meyiwa's death, a new lead surfaces, pointing to possible arrests.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”3″ maximgwidth=”100″]