AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Nigeria: Nigeria Women's Cricket Coach Confident of Good Outingon 27/03/2023 at 15:06
[This Day] Nigeria's National Female Cricket Team Coach, Leke Oyede, has assured stakeholders that the team is filled with confidence going into their first match at the 3rd NCF Women's T20i Invitational Tournament starting today in Lagos.
- Africa: Namibia's Sports Minister Disappointed Over Rules Targetting Women Athletes with High Testosterone Levelsby [email protected] (New Era) on 27/03/2023 at 13:19
[New Era] Sports Minister Agnes Tjongarero has expressed disappointment with the World Athletics (WA) over its new rule, banning athletes with high levels of testosterone from competing.
- Congo-Kinshasa: DR Congo Qualify for 2023 Women's Afrobasket Finalson 27/03/2023 at 12:53
[New Times] The Democratic Republic of Congo on Saturday night booked their ticket to the 2023 FIBA Women's AfroBasket finals due in Kigali from July 26 to August 6 at BK Arena.
- Angola/Ghana: Stars Target Double in Luanda Todayon 27/03/2023 at 12:18
[Ghanaian Times] As massively predicted, the Black Antelopes of Angola gave Ghana's Black Stars a good run for their money in the third-round tie of the 2024 Nations Cup qualifiers at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi, last Thursday.
- Ghana: Karela United Stun Hearts, Lions, Bechem Drawon 27/03/2023 at 12:17
[Ghanaian Times] Accra Hearts of Oak suffered their biggest defeat of the season on Saturday in the Ghana Premier League - a 3-0 demolition in the hands of Karela United in their match day 23 game at the CAM Park in Ayinase.
- Tanzania: Union Volleyball Cup Gathers Stormon 27/03/2023 at 11:24
[Daily News] TANZANIA Volleyball Association (TAVA) has unveiled April 10th as a registration deadline for the teams wishing to participate in this year's Union Cup ahead of its official start on May 4th this year.
- Rwanda: Cricket - Nhamburo Confident As Rwanda Begins Nigeria T20 Title Defenseon 27/03/2023 at 11:22
[New Times] Leonard Nhamburo will be hoping to help Rwanda women win the Nigeria T20 Invitational Women's Cricket tournament for the second time in a row.
- Nigeria: Nigeria's Women's Cricket Team Eye T20i Gloryon 27/03/2023 at 11:19
[Premium Times] The team's coach said he trusts the ability of the assembled players and equally believes they've learned from past experiences.
- Nigeria: Afcon Qualifier - Adepoju Urges NFF, Peseiro to Look Deeperon 27/03/2023 at 10:58
[Vanguard] Nigerians have been reacting to Super Eagles last Friday's defeat by the lowly rated Wild Dogs of Guinea Bissau in the AFCON qualifying match played at National Stadium, Abuja.
- Rwanda/Benin: Ferrer Sees No Home Advantage in Playing Benin Behind Closed Doorson 27/03/2023 at 10:56
[New Times] Rwanda national team head coach Carlos Alos Ferrer insists that hosting Benin behind closed doors won't be helping his team at all.
- Ghana: NSA, GOC Congratulate Herbert Mensahon 27/03/2023 at 10:56
[Ghanaian Times] The National Sports Authority (NSA) and the Ghana Olympic Committee (GOC) have sent congratulatory messages to Mr Herbert Mensah on his election as President of the African Rugby Union (ARU) on Saturday, in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Africa: Black Meteors Face Fennec Foxes Today ...in Africa U-23 AFCON Qualifieron 27/03/2023 at 10:55
[Ghanaian Times] Ghana's Africa U-23 side, the Black Meteors, will continue with the quest to make a second appearance at the African Cup of Nations when they face-off today with the Fennec Foxes of Algeria at the Stade 19 Mai Stadium in Annaba.
- Ghana: Semenyo's Late Strike Saves Day for Starson 27/03/2023 at 10:55
[Ghanaian Times] The senior national football team, the Black Stars defeated their Angolan counterparts, Palancas Negras, 1-0 in their first leg Group E Nations Cup Qualifier at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium, yesterday.
- Ghana: Ghana's Vincent Torgah Wins Top Prize At Custodian Classic Golf Tournamenton 27/03/2023 at 10:36
[Premium Times] Torgah scored 70, 72, and 73, finishing with a total of 215, two over par, which secured his victory over Willy and Olapade after the playoff.
- Rwanda: Handball - Rwanda U19 to Face Burundi in World Champs Buildup Gameson 27/03/2023 at 10:33
[New Times] Rwanda U19 will play two buildup matches against neighbors Burundi on April 1 and 2 as part of the pair's preparations for the upcoming 2023 IHF Men's Youth (U19) World Championship that will take place in Croatia from August 2-13.
- Rwanda: Basketball League Returns On April 21on 27/03/2023 at 10:32
[New Times] The second round of the Rwanda basketball league will start on April 21, local basketball governing body (FERWABA) has announced.
- Namibia/Cameroon: Warriors Put Song Under Pressureby [email protected] (Namibian) on 27/03/2023 at 10:24
[Namibian] THE Brave Warriors may yet get Cameroon coach Rigobert Song fired after "stealing a point" in Yaounde following a 1-1 stalemate on Friday night.
- Namibia: Erongo Wins Amateur Boxing Champs for Fifth Timeby [email protected] (Namibian) on 27/03/2023 at 10:22
[Namibian] THE 2023 National Amateur Boxing Championships concluded on Saturday, with the Erongo region taking its fifth consecutive win.
- Tanzania: Presidential Package Goes to Starson 27/03/2023 at 10:17
[Daily News] PRESIDENT Samia Suluhu Hassan has pledged to buy each goal scored by Taifa Stars in the unfolding Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers campaign for 10m/- as a motivation to players.
- Tanzania: Coach Hails Stars for Elating Tanzanianson 27/03/2023 at 10:17
[Daily News] TAIFA Stars Head Coach Adel Amrouche has congratulated his charges for putting smiles on Tanzanians while his Ugandan counterpart Micho has challenged his players to bounce back.
- Nigeria: Super Eagles Must Have Change of Attitude, Mentality - Aghahowaon 27/03/2023 at 08:30
[Vanguard] Says first leg match disappointing
- Rwanda: Mukansanga Scoops Top Continental Awardon 27/03/2023 at 07:55
[New Times] Rwandan international referee, Salma Rhadia Mukansanga, on Saturday, March 25, received the Forty under 40 Africa Award in the sports category in an awarding ceremony held in Sandton City, South Africa.
- Rwanda: Kalisa Returns After Six-Week Injury Lay Offon 27/03/2023 at 07:55
[New Times] Rwanda international Sven Kalisa has returned to training after six weeks in the treatment room with an injury.
- Tanzania/Uganda: President Samia Suluhu Buys 7,000 Tickets Ahead of Taifa Stars Vs Uganda Craneson 27/03/2023 at 07:37
[Daily News] President Samia Suluhu Hassan has contributed 7,000 tickets ahead of Taifa Stars versus Uganda match.
- Africa: Keister Lauds Improved Approach As Sierra Leone Put TotalEnergies Afcon Hopes On Trackon 27/03/2023 at 07:37
[CAF] Sierra Leone head coach John Keister has lauded his team for an improved approach after a 2-0 win over Sao Tome put their hopes of qualifying to the 2023 TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations on track.
- Africa: Gabon Edge Out Cameroon to Draw First Blood in TotalEnergies Afcon U23 Raceon 27/03/2023 at 07:36
[CAF] Gabon drew first blood against Cameroon, beating the Indomitable Cubs 1-0 in the first leg of the qualifiers for the 2023 TotalEnergies Under-23 Africa Cup of Nations, in the final round of qualification matches.
- Liberia/South Africa: It's Do or Die for Bafana Bafana When They Face Liberia in Monroviaon 27/03/2023 at 07:05
[Daily Maverick] It won't be easy to trump the Lone Stars on home soil -- especially considering that Bafana Bafana failed to do so on their own turf.
- South Africa: Proteas Cricketers Stun West Indies With T20 Record Chaseby [email protected] (Scrolla) on 27/03/2023 at 06:01
[Scrolla] The Proteas delivered a brilliant run chase in front of a Centurion faithful that certainly would not have expected to see 500+ runs on Sunday afternoon.
- Kenya: It 'Hurts' Watching Other Teams Play Afcon Qualifiers, Says Olungaon 27/03/2023 at 05:53
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Harambee Stars skipper Michael Olunga has admitted it has been hard watching other national teams play qualifiers for the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, while they sit out after being omitted from the matches.
- Liberia/South Africa: Liberia Coach Keita Promises Bafana Will 'Suffer' in Monroviaby [email protected] (Scrolla) on 26/03/2023 at 14:13
[Scrolla] Liberia coach Ansumana Keita has declared Bafana Bafana will endure a torrid time when the two teams clash in Monrovia on Tuesday.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”3″ maximgwidth=”100″]