AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Tanzania: Zanzibar Football Federation Kicks Out Vice Presidentby Daily News on 24/01/2021 at 09:31
[Daily News] Members of Zanzibar Football Federation (ZFF) attending the federation's Annual General Meeting here have opposed the Vice President of ZFF Salum Abwe saying he doesn't deserve to hold the post.
- Africa: Heroes Intensify AFCON Drillby Daily News on 24/01/2021 at 09:30
[Daily News] The National Under-20 side Ngorongoro Heroes have stepped up preparations for the oncoming 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) finals set to begin from February 14th to March 4th in Mauritania.
- Africa: Why Uganda's Cranes Need to Correct Results on CHAN Final Straightby Monitor on 23/01/2021 at 08:54
[Monitor] Uganda, Togo, Morocco and Rwanda were all heading to the pitch for their second Group C games of the African Nations Championship (Chan) last night as we published this.
- Uganda: CHAN Success Will Breathe Life Into 'Project Restart'by Monitor on 23/01/2021 at 08:49
[Monitor] The world is in terrible times, with the prospect of returning back to normalcy still uncertain, we need to dream for better days ahead. The globe needs a unifier and source of hope. That could be sports. As Nelson Mandela once said, "Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire."
- Uganda: Nakaayi Skips Indoors to Focus On Olympicsby Monitor on 23/01/2021 at 08:48
[Monitor] World 800m champion Halimah Nakaayi and her team have intensified focus on preps for the Tokyo Olympic Games where she bids to win Uganda's first medal in middle distance.
- Africa: Beaten Cranes Leave Progress At CHAN to Last Gameby Monitor on 23/01/2021 at 08:42
[Monitor] By Andrew Mwanguhya
- Nigeria: Osimhen Returns to Training After 79 Daysby Premium Times on 23/01/2021 at 08:39
[Premium Times] Osimhen is resuming training after recovering from COVID-19 and shoulder injury
- Africa: Stars in Must Win Duel Vs Namibiaby Daily News on 23/01/2021 at 07:03
[Daily News] Taifa Stars face a must win task against Namibia to rekindle their hopes of reaching into the quarterfinals of the progressing Africa Nations Championship (CHAN) in Cameroon tonight.
- Africa: Uganda Stunned By Debutantes Togo in CHAN Thrillerby Capital FM on 23/01/2021 at 07:02
[Capital FM] Duala, Cameroon -- Debutantes Togo stunned Uganda 2-1 in Group C of the African Nations Championship (CHAN) match of stunning goals at the tournament in Cameroon on Friday.
- Nigeria: Basketball Federation in Sponsorship Talks for 2021 Seasonby This Day on 23/01/2021 at 06:51
[This Day] Amidst global challenges as occasioned by Covid-19, the Nigeria Basketball Federation is in deep talks with sponsors of the domestic leagues in its quest to kick start the 2021 league season.
- Nigeria: Covd-19 Crisis Forces Suspension of 2021 Port-Harcourt Polo Tourneyby Daily Trust on 22/01/2021 at 12:42
[Daily Trust] The resurgence in cases of the deadly coronavirus in the country has taken its toll on the prestigious Niger Delta Polo Festival forcing the organizers to call off the 2021 edition of the annual polo fiesta.
- Kenya: Vihiga United Dare in-Form Gor Mahiaby Nation on 22/01/2021 at 12:05
[Nation] Vihiga United coach Sammy Okoth is eyeing an upset when they take on record champions Gor Mahia in a BetKing Premier League match on Saturday.
- Malawi: Opportunity for Malawi Youths to Play Football in Belgium, Netherlandsby Nyasa Times on 22/01/2021 at 11:48
[Nyasa Times] Malawian youth footballers have a big chance to play in youth football leagues of Belgium and Netherlands.
- Tanzania: Rally Behind Taifa Stars, Turning Tables At CHANby Daily News on 22/01/2021 at 11:02
[Daily News] TANZANIAN envoys in African Nations Championship (Chan) must beat Namibia and Guinea in their second and third group D matches if they want to progress to the quarter final stage and it is very possible with determination and vigilance.
- Tanzania: Yanga Break Ice On Coach Mwambusi Exitby Daily News on 22/01/2021 at 11:02
[Daily News] YOUNG Africans have confirmed that Assistant Coach Juma Mwambusi has requested them to take a break from his coaching responsibilities on health grounds.
- Tanzania: Tplb Amends League Fixtureby Daily News on 22/01/2021 at 11:02
[Daily News] THE Tanzania Premier League Board (TPLB) has notified clubs to make good preparations and be ready for the top flight league which officially resumes on February 13th this year.
- Tanzania: Tanzanian Riders Stamp Authority in Classic Raceby Daily News on 22/01/2021 at 11:02
[Daily News] CYCLING coach Godfrey Jacks said he is satisfied with the performance for the Matambuu team of Tanzania in the Gatamaiyu Forest Classic race staged in Nairobi, Kenya over the weekend.
- Tanzania: Promote Major Leagues, Make Them Competitiveby Daily News on 22/01/2021 at 11:02
[Daily News] WITH the Covid-19 scare now a history, attendance at matches that don't involve three Dar es Salaam giants, Simba, Young Africans and Azam, has been disgustingly poor, a big promotion of all games is an ultimate solution.
- Tanzania: TFF Commends Clinic Aimed for Serengeti Boysby Daily News on 22/01/2021 at 11:02
[Daily News] The Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) has described the football clinic they run at Sokoine Memorial Stadium in Mbeya to get players to form Serengeti Boys (Under17) team as very successful.
- South Africa: Meticulous Rassie Erasmus Is the Right Man to Lead Rugby On Covid's Frontlineby Daily Maverick on 22/01/2021 at 10:55
[Daily Maverick] The national director of rugby has personal experience of the effects of Covid-19 on the body, but also insight into how the pandemic is crippling rugby as his department tries to save the future of the sport.
- Botswana: Motor Sport Growth Gains Momentumby Botswana Daily News on 22/01/2021 at 10:38
[Botswana Daily News] Gaborone -- Motor sport has shown significance growth through the performance of Ross Branch during the just ended Dakar Rally 2021.
- Nigeria: Nigeria's Football Family Mourning As Coach Joe Erico Dies At 72by This Day on 22/01/2021 at 09:09
[This Day] The Nigerian football family was again thrown into mourning yesterday following the news of the death of former national team goalkeeper and one-time Assistant Coach of the Super Eagles, Joseph Bassey Eric (a.k.a Joe Erico).
- Malawi: Nyamilandu Encourages Football Fraternity Not to Dampen Their Spiritsby Nyasa Times on 22/01/2021 at 08:25
[Nyasa Times] Football Association of Malawi (FAM) president Walter Nyamilandu says the country is presently faced with serious uncertain times that challenge everyone and urges the public to unreservedly support the public health Covid-19 preventive measures as prescribed by the Ministry of Health and World Health Organisation.
- Malawi: Chitipa Utd to Take Advantage of League Suspensionby Nyasa Times on 22/01/2021 at 08:25
[Nyasa Times] Chitipa United Football Club which is anchoring the TNM Super League log table seeks to take advantage of the three-week suspension of the league to iron out some of its problems.
- Africa: When Football Clubs Are Less Successful, Fans Are More Loyal to Each Otherby The Conversation Africa on 22/01/2021 at 07:47
[The Conversation Africa] Football fans tend to be highly loyal to their group, just as the kin groups of our ancestral past would have been. This intense state of belonging, when a person feels as one with their group, is called identity fusion.
- Kenya: I Am Not a Racist, Says City Stars Coach Alagicby Nation on 22/01/2021 at 05:56
[Nation] Nairobi City Stars coach Sanjin Alagic has strongly denied claims that he made racial remarks against a Vihiga United player in their 1-1 draw in a BetKing Premier League contest on December 23, 2020 at Utalii grounds.
- Rwanda/Morocco: CHAN 2020 - Amavubi Face Morocco in Crucial Clashby New Times on 22/01/2021 at 05:44
[New Times] There will be a lot at stake, particularly for Rwanda, when Amavubi face holders Morocco in their second Group C game at the ongoing African Nations Championship (CHAN) finals in Douala, Cameroon, on Friday night.
- Kenya: Wazito Keen to Build Momentum in Title Raceby Nation on 22/01/2021 at 05:41
[Nation] Wazito coach Francis Kimanzi will be looking to continue his winning streak in the BetKing Premier League when they host Nzoia Sugar on Friday.
- Kenya: 2021 Karate Calendar to Begin With Trainingby Nation on 22/01/2021 at 05:40
[Nation] The 2021 Japan Karate Association of Kenya (JKA-Kenya) calendar will kick off on January 25 at Goan Gymkhana Club in Nairobi with a joint training of all grades.
- Rwanda: Top Rwandan Swimmers Land Fina Scholarships in Russiaby New Times on 22/01/2021 at 05:40
[New Times] Rwanda's top two swimmers Is'haq Irankunda and Eloi Maniraguha have been awarded a one-year scholarship by the world swimming governing body (FINA) to train at the High-Performance Swimming Centre in Russia.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”3″ maximgwidth=”100″]