AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Mali/Gambia: Match Facts - Gambia V Maliby CAF on 16/01/2022 at 10:09
[CAF] After two identical 1-0 victories in the opening match day, Gambia and Mali enter the second round of Group F matches with high hopes of another win that could see them paving the way towards the next round in style.
- Africa: Review of Afcon First-Round Matches - Hitches, Glitches and, of Course, a Little Soccerby Daily Maverick on 16/01/2022 at 10:03
[Daily Maverick] The first round of matches in the group stage of the delayed 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) delivered major talking points.
- Egypt/Guinea Bissau: Egypt Beat Guinea Bissau and Rekindle Hopeby CAF on 16/01/2022 at 09:59
[CAF] A goal from captain Mohamed Salah (69') gave Egypt victory over Guinea-Bissau in the second round of Group D of the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations, Cameroon 2021.
- Mauritania/Tunisia: Match Facts - Tunisia V Mauritaniaby CAF on 16/01/2022 at 09:58
[CAF] After disappointing identical 1-0 defeats to Mali and Gambia respectively, Tunisia and Mauritania go to TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations Group F Match Day 2 with no room for error.
- South Africa: Springboard to Future Success - Proteas Ramp Up Intensity Ahead of Odi Showdown With Indiaby Daily Maverick on 16/01/2022 at 09:58
[Daily Maverick] Limited-overs captain Temba Bavuma promises that, as confidence builds, big results will come.
- Nigeria/Sudan: Super Eagles See Off Sudan to Progress to the Last 16by CAF on 16/01/2022 at 09:55
[CAF] The Super Eagles of Nigeria progressed to the last 16 of the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations, Cameroon 2021 with 3-1 victory over Sudan in Group D.
- Zimbabwe: Kirsty Coventry Under Fire Over All-White Hockey Teamby New Zimbabwe on 16/01/2022 at 09:25
[New Zimbabwe] YOUTH, Sports, Arts and Recreation minister Kirsty Coventry has come under fire from stakeholders following the selection of all white senior women's hockey team to represent Zimbabwe in the Africa Cup of Nations in Accra, Ghana.
- Zimbabwe: Mapeza Shifts Blame On Playersby New Zimbabwe on 16/01/2022 at 09:20
[New Zimbabwe] WARRIORS coach Norman Mapeza has shifted the blame on his players after the senior national team became the first side to crash out of the Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) on Friday night.
- Kenya: Mwalala Keen to Break 'Nairobi Dominance' As Homeboyz Hunt for Titleby Capital FM on 16/01/2022 at 09:05
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The last team from outside the capital city to win the FKF Premier League title was in 2010, when Ulinzi Stars edged Gor Mahia in an epic battle to win their fourth league crown.
- Kenya: Aakif Virani Named Motorsport Personality of the Year 2021by Capital FM on 16/01/2022 at 09:05
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Division One Champion Aakif Virani beat closest challenger Carl 'Flash' Tundo to be crowned the 2021 Kenya Motorsport Personality of the year during a colourful ceremony held at the WRC Safari Rally secretariat in Kasarani.
- Kenya: World Record Achievable After Boston Marathon, Says In Form Jepchirchirby Capital FM on 15/01/2022 at 12:55
[Capital FM] Kapsabet -- After displaying an outstanding season, Olympic champion Peres Jepchirchir believes the coveted women's marathon world record could be within a striking distance after her debut in the Boston Marathon on April 18.
- Ghana/Gabon: Allevinah Denies Black Stars Victory, Ugly Scenes Ensueby Premium Times on 15/01/2022 at 12:18
[Premium Times] Ghana conceded a late goal that dims their chance of getting to the second round
- Nigeria: Commonwealth Games - Judo Federation Postpones Trials to Februaryby Premium Times on 15/01/2022 at 11:11
[Premium Times] The shift in date is to accommodate the zonal eliminations of the upcoming NUGA Games.
- Nigeria/Sudan: Afcon 2021 - Iwobi, Aribo Fired Up for Sudan Clashby Premium Times on 15/01/2022 at 11:06
[Premium Times] The players seek another positive result after the bright start recorded against Egypt
- Nigeria/Sudan: Afcon 2021 - Nigeria V Sudan: Three Mistakes Super Eagles Must Avoidby Premium Times on 15/01/2022 at 11:03
[Premium Times] There are almost 100 places between Nigeria and Sudan in the FIFA ranking
- Egypt: Soccer Star Aboutrika's Homophobic Rant Diminishes His Imageby New Frame on 15/01/2022 at 08:49
[New Frame] Mohamed Aboutrika and Mohamed Salah command great respect and adoration in Egypt, the Arab world and the sporting fraternity at large. But they don't always use that power for good.
- Nigeria: Grassroot Sports, Avenue for Talent Hunt - Uzodinmaby Daily Trust on 14/01/2022 at 13:11
[Daily Trust] Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma Imo State has described grassroots sports as a veritable avenue for talent hunt.
- Tanzania: Barakat - Simba Queens' Nigerian Eyes 2022 Titleby Daily News on 14/01/2022 at 13:09
[Daily News] NIGERIAN international and Simba queens FC prolific striker Olaiya Barakat said she targets to win her maiden Women Premier League title with the team this season.
- Tanzania: Upgrade Mapinduzi Cup to a Regional Statusby Daily News on 14/01/2022 at 13:09
[Daily News] WITH improved sponsorships and a high level of competition, Mapinduzi Cup football championship has now developed to a big club level tournament in East Africa.
- Tanzania: Mtibwa, Ruvu Light Up League Restart Todayby Daily News on 14/01/2022 at 13:09
[Daily News] The 12th round of NBC Premier League opens its showdown today with Ruvu Shooting hosting Mtibwa Sugar in a solo fixture at Mabatini ground in Mlandizi.
- Tanzania: Yanga Wary of Coastal 'Hoodoo'by Daily News on 14/01/2022 at 13:09
[Daily News] LEADERS Young Africans have stepped up drills ahead of their tricky Premier League match against Coastal Union at Mkwakwani Stadium in Tanga tomorrow.
- Nigeria: LMC Refuses Sunshine Stars' Request to Return to Akureby Daily Trust on 14/01/2022 at 12:06
[Daily Trust] Sunshine Stars request for approval to return to the Akure Township Stadium for its home matches was declined by the League Management Company (LMC).
- Nigeria: NFF Says Awaziem Not Down With Covid-19 Virusby Daily Trust on 14/01/2022 at 12:05
[Daily Trust] The Super Eagles Media Officer, Babafemi Raji, has rejected claims in some quarters that defender Chidozie Awaziem who has not been seen with his teammates has contracted the COVID-19 virus.
- Algeria: Algeria Believe Their Afcon Dreams Can Come Trueby New Frame on 14/01/2022 at 11:23
[New Frame] 'Why not win it?' seems to be the squad's motto for every game. This spirit is instilled by their coach, who believes in his players and entrusts them with the task for which he has amply prepared them.
- Africa: Afcon 2021 Tunisia Vs Mali Game - CAF Homologate Result As 1-0 in Favour of Maliby Tunis Afrique Presse on 14/01/2022 at 10:50
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The Organising Committee of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON 2021) decided to homologate the Tunisia Vs Mali game result as 1-0 in favour of Mali.
- Africa: Support Stars to Make Nation Proudby Ghanaian Times on 14/01/2022 at 09:28
[Ghanaian Times] Ghana's Black Stars will be in battle with the Panthers of Gabon in a crucial Group C clash at the ongoing AFCON competition in Cameroon today.
- Burkina Faso/Cape Verde: Bande's Winning Goal Helps Stallions Sink Blue Sharks at AFCONby CAF on 14/01/2022 at 04:14
[CAF] Burkina Faso forward Boureima Bande scored with his chest to help the Stallions beat Cape Verde in Group A.
- Ethiopia/Cameroon: Ruthless Cameroon Beat Ethiopia to Book Last 16 Placeby CAF on 14/01/2022 at 04:11
[CAF] Indomitable Lions of Cameroon became the first team to book their place in the knockout stage of the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations Cameroon 2021 following their 4-1 thrashing of Ethiopia at Olembe Stadium in Yaoundé.
- Nigeria: Man Charged For Allegedly Supplying Drugs to Athlete Blessing Okagbareby Premium Times on 13/01/2022 at 10:16
[Premium Times] The FBI revealed encrypted messages exchanged between the defendant and Okagbare.
- Cameroon: Gunfire Ahead of AFCON Games in Restive Anglophone Regionby allAfrica on 12/01/2022 at 15:03
[allAfrica] There have been reports that the Malian team has suspended training in the restive south West region of Buea after sporadic shooting this morning between the military and separatists fighters. The team was training at the Molyko stadium in Buea.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”3″ maximgwidth=”100″]