Central African proverbs and sayings, from communities in Cameroon, Central African republic, Congo, Chad, Gabon, Angola, Burundi, Rwanda … Feel free to suggest or submit more via the forum, which will then be added to the list.
- It is better to irrigate all seeds, because you do not know which one will bear fruits first.
Community/language of origin: Kirundi
- A fowl shuns the poisonous
In original language: Ci linga usumba osanji yi ci.
Community/language of origin: Kimbundu
- The fruits of blessings grow on trees of hardship.
In original language: Imbuto y’umugisha yera ku giti cy’umuruho.
Community/language of origin: Kinyarwanda
- The one who eats has tasted the hardship of labor.
Community/language of origin: Unknown
Country: D.R. Congo
Do you have any proverbs you would like to share?
Send it to us via the contact form and better still, register and share it in the Forums => https://www.habariportal.com/forums/ . After a quick registration and subsequent approval of your account, log in and post it in the Proverbs & sayings section …
- If possible the proverb not only in English but original language as well
- A short explanation of its meaning
- Please include the community or tribe where this proverb is from