U.S., Canada and Africa news headlines aggregated from diverse sources by all Africa.com
AllAfrica News: United States, Canada and Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Rwanda: Army, Nebraska National Guard Sign Cooperation Deal on 13/12/2019 at 06:11
[New Times] Rwanda Defence Force and the Nebraska National Guard on Thursday signed a Defense Department's State Partnership Program (SPP) in Kigali, on Thursday.
- South Sudan: U.S. Financial Restrictions Hit Security Officials on 12/12/2019 at 12:29
[Nation] The US government is imposing financial restrictions on five South Sudanese security officials accused of kidnapping and torturing activists in Kenya.
- Nigeria: U.S. Seizes Jet Belonging to Nigerian Over Fraud on 12/12/2019 at 12:15
[This Day] A jet belonging to an unidentified Nigerian was on Tuesday seized by the United States federal agents at the Peachtree DeKalb Airport, Georgia, United States.
- Somalia: U.S. Welcomes the Agreement Govt and ASWJ on 12/12/2019 at 12:03
[Dalsan Radio] He said the United States is committed to supporting these efforts and ensuring their implementation for the peace and stability of Somalia.
- Zambia: U.S. Bullying of Zambia Over Homosexuality a Recurring Tactic on 12/12/2019 at 10:15
[CAJ News] Lusaka -THE diplomatic tiff between Zambia and the United States of America (USA) over the sentencing of two men for homosexuality highlights the tendency by US envoys to interfere in host countries' domestic affairs, undermining their independence as well as bullying them into submission with the threat of cutting aid.
- Gambia: U.S. High School Diploma Program for the Gambia in 2020 on 12/12/2019 at 10:02
[The Point] Banjul American International School (BAIS) is opening a full U.S. High School Diploma program in September 2020. This will be the first school offering the U.S. High School option in The Gambia. An information meeting will be held for all interested parents and students on Tuesday, January 7th 2020 at 7 pm at the school campus in Fajara.
- East Africa: Troika Statement on the Resumption of Peace Talks With Sudan Armed Opposition Groups on 12/12/2019 at 08:27
[State Department] On December 10 the various Sudanese armed opposition groups met in Juba to resume peace talks. The success of these talks will be critical in Sudan's journey towards ensuring lasting peace. The United States, the United Kingdom, and Norway (the Troika) welcome the resumption of these talks. It is our sincere hope that all interested stakeholders will join these talks and show a renewed spirit of cooperation, pragmatism, and realism to ensure these negotiations succeed. This is what the people of Suda
- South Sudan: Despite Govt Denial, U.S. Sanctions Officials Over Missing Politicians on 12/12/2019 at 08:00
[VOA] The U.S. Treasury has imposed sanctions on five South Sudanese nationals for their alleged roles in the abduction and execution of two prominent critics of President Salva Kiir's government nearly three years ago.
- Nigeria: Four Nigerians, 11 Others Charged With $18 Million Cyber Fraud in U.S. on 12/12/2019 at 07:25
[Premium Times] Four months after the United States Department of Justice (DoJ) charged 77 Nigerians with conspiracy to commit fraud, conspiracy to launder money, and aggravated identity theft, at least another four Nigerians were among 15 defendants charged on Tuesday for an alleged $18 million cyber and bank fraud at the Manhattan Federal Court, New York.
- Nigeria: U.S. Seizes Jet Allegedly Belonging to Nigerian Involved in Fraud Scheme on 12/12/2019 at 05:48
[Vanguard] The United States Federal agent on Tuesday seized a jet allegedly belonging to a Nigerian charged in a multimillion-dollar international fraud scheme.
- Cameroon: Universities to Track Atrocities in Anglophone Region on 12/12/2019 at 04:23
[Deutsche Welle] A Canadian university has set up the Database of Atrocities for a part of Cameroon where those seeking independence are facing the wrath of the government. The intiative is intended to prompt the world to act.
- South Sudan: More U.S. Action After Ambassador Withdrawn From Juba on 11/12/2019 at 11:16
[East African] The US government is imposing financial restrictions on five South Sudanese security officials accused of kidnapping and torturing activists on Kenyan soil.
- Liberia: Milton Jones Wins Second MVP Award in U.S. on 11/12/2019 at 10:02
[Observer] Nation One Academy's student-athlete, Milton Jones, had another remarkable moment worth celebrating at the Fay High School annual awards ceremony on November 30, 2019 in Boston, United States of America.
- Sudan: Council of Ministers Hears Briefing On Hamdouk's Visit to Washington on 11/12/2019 at 09:10
[SNA] Khartoum -The Council of Ministers , in its regular sitting Tuesday which was chaired by Dr Abdalla Hamdouk, the prime minister Tuesday , listened to a briefing on Hamdouk's visit to Washington which was successful and laid base for new Sudan's relations with the world after a long-time disruption caused by adoption of the former defunct regime of bad foreign policies.
- Sudan: Council of Movements Welcomes U.S. Step of Promoting Diplomatic Representation on 11/12/2019 at 08:49
[SNA] Khartoum -Council of Movements Signatory to Darfur Peace welcomed step made by the United States for promoting the diplomatic representation and naming its ambassador to Sudan , describing the step as important and represents concern and support to government of the revolution.
- Kenya: U.S. Ambassador Tours Eliud Kipchoge's Training Camp on 11/12/2019 at 07:45
[Nation] The United States of America has pledged to continue collaborating with Kenyans to boost integrity in sports.
- Nigeria: Violence Not an Option, U.S. Right Group Tells Nigerian Youths on 11/12/2019 at 06:36
[Vanguard] A United States-based Human Right Movement, the A.D. King Foundation on Tuesday, advised Nigerian youths not to lose hope in the transformation of Nigeria, saying violence should not be an option.
- East Africa: Sudan Participates in Talks On Renaissance Dam in Washington on 11/12/2019 at 04:50
[SNA] Washington -Sudan delegation has participated in the discussions between the Foreign and Irrigation Ministers of Sudan, Ethiopia and Egypt which were hosted by the US Treasury in Washington on Monday to assess the results of the technical negotiations for the Ethiopian Renaissance Dam that took place in Cairo and Addis Ababa.
- Malawi: New USAID, UKAID Partnership to Boost Performance of 20 District Councils on 10/12/2019 at 13:44
[Nyasa Times] The government of Malawi has launched a major new partnership between 20 district councils and the Local Government Accountability and Performance (LGAP) project, which is co-financed by USAID and UKAID.
- Africa: The Power of the Black Working Class in the U.S. on 10/12/2019 at 10:56
[New Frame] Over the past 400 years, black workers have played a vital role in shaping the US's political economy. To understand America, we must understand the black working class.
- Liberia: U.S. Peace Corps Leave Liberia on 10/12/2019 at 10:38
[Observer] ... As Embassy suspends non-immigrant visa (NIV) operations
- Liberia: U.S Suspends Non-Immigrant Visa on 10/12/2019 at 10:12
[New Dawn] The United States Embassy in Liberia has announced the suspension of the issuant of its Non Immigrant Visa to applicants residing in Liberia.
- Sudan: 'New Beginning in U.S.-Sudan Relations' - PM on 10/12/2019 at 09:22
[Radio Dabanga] Khartoum -At a press conference upon his return from the USA, Prime Minister Abdallah Hamdok said that his six-day visit led to "a new beginning" in relations between the USA and Sudan.
- Kenya: Cheyenne Woods Pleased With Vipingo Stay on 10/12/2019 at 06:18
[Capital FM] Vipingo Ridge -Tiger Woods' niece, Cheyenne Woods -arguably the most popular name among Kenyan fans who followed the Magical Kenya Ladies Open says she enjoyed her stay at Vipingo and looks forward to seeing more of the country's attractions in the days to come.
- Rwanda: RDF, Nebraska National Guard Form Partnership on 10/12/2019 at 05:23
[New Times] Leaders of the Rwanda Defence Force (RDF) and the Nebraska National Guard of the US will launch partnership by signing a Memorandum of Understanding, Thursday 12 December in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Sudan: PM Calls His Country a 'Success Story in the Making' on 10/12/2019 at 05:10
[VOA] Washington -During his recent visit to Washington, Sudan's Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok said one goal looms above all others as he leads the country's transitional government: bringing peace to the war-ravaged nation.
- Africa: Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam - Joint Statement on 10/12/2019 at 04:33
[U.S. Treasury] Washington -The Ministers of Foreign Affairs of Egypt, Ethiopia and Sudan appreciate the observer role of the United States and the World Bank. They noted the progress achieved in the technical meetings among the Ministers of Water Resources in Addis Ababa and in Cairo.
- Sudan: Sudan's Prime Minister Hamdok 'Optimistic' After U.S. Meetings on 09/12/2019 at 13:22
[Radio Dabanga] Washington -Prime Minister Hamdok has expressed optimism about overcoming the difficulties faced by Sudan after a series of successful meetings during his visit to the USA.
- Sudan: American Ambassador Coming to Town on 09/12/2019 at 10:21
[SudaNow] For quite a long time US policy towards Sudan has been influenced to a large extent by lobby groups like the Black Caucus, the Evangelicals, various human rights NGOs and the professionals like career diplomats were more or less left in the cold.
- Kenya: U.S. Reveals Why It Cut Funding for HIV on 09/12/2019 at 07:44
[Nation] The United States has for the first time explained why it has cut health funding to the Kenyan government, saying that the move was not malicious but driven by programmes and data.