Africa Top News headlines aggregated from BBC Africa News.
BBC News - Africa BBC News - Africa
- Searching for my roots in an Algerian cemeteryon 28/03/2023 at 02:37
Journalist Maher Mezahi visits his family graveyard and reflects on its impact on his identity.
- Man uses bare hands to rescue trapped DRC minerson 27/03/2023 at 22:04
Authorities say nine men survived a collapsed gold mine in South Kivu.
- Kenya's Azimio protests: Hundreds storm farm of ex-President Uhuru Kenyattaon 27/03/2023 at 18:15
The attack on Uhuru Kenyatta's farm appears to be in retaliation for opposition protests.
- Walid Regragui: Morocco must end 47-year Afcon wait before they can be world 'kings'on 27/03/2023 at 17:15
Morocco head coach Walid Regragui says Africa Cup of Nations win must come first before the Atlas Lions look to conquer the world.
- Kamala Harris Africa trip: Can US charm offensive woo continent from China?on 26/03/2023 at 14:38
US Vice-President Kamala Harris embarks on a tour of the continent amid fierce competition for influence.
- Tunisia migrants: At least 29 die off coaston 26/03/2023 at 13:53
The sub-Saharan African migrants were trying to cross the Mediterranean to reach Italy.
- Paul Rusesabagina: Hotel Rwanda hero set freeon 25/03/2023 at 05:24
Paul Rusesabagina, played in the 2004 movie by Don Cheadle, was credited with saving 1,200 people.
- Angola's 1977 massacre: Tragic twist for orphans of mass killingson 25/03/2023 at 01:21
The government said it had found their parents' remains but other research raised fresh questions.
- Somalia’s all-women media team breaking the stereotypeson 23/03/2023 at 16:20
Meet Somalia's all-female media team which fights and highlights the stereotypes female journalists are facing.
- Nigerian street trader trafficked to UK in kidney donor ploton 23/03/2023 at 14:49
The young man was brought to the UK to provide a kidney for the sick daughter of a Nigerian senator.
- What is the Marburg virus and how dangerous is it?on 23/03/2023 at 11:18
Tanzania is the latest African country to have an outbreak of the highly-infectious Marburg virus.
- Inside Somalia's hidden world of sex workon 23/03/2023 at 00:51
Two Somali sex workers describe how they were drawn into the dangerous illegal underground scene.
- France and Africa: Is it the end of the relationship?on 22/03/2023 at 10:52
Is it the end of the relationship between France and its ex-African colonies?
- Malawi cannabis: Farmers' high hopes fail to materialiseon 22/03/2023 at 00:40
Small-scale growers are empty handed after forking out large sums for equipment and training.
- Cheers and applause as Uganda passes new bill banning identifying as LGBTon 21/03/2023 at 22:34
Uganda's parliament drafts new law that criminalises identifying as LGBT in the country.
- The South African choir that performed for Queen Victoriaon 21/03/2023 at 01:14
The group of South African singers wowed 19th Century British audiences but also faced discrimination.
- Cyclone Freddy: Malawi reels in the aftermath of the tropical stormon 19/03/2023 at 14:45
Malawi has declared 14 days of mourning following the devastating impact of Cyclone Freddy.
- Kenya's plan to curb alcohol abuse: One pub per townon 19/03/2023 at 02:55
The deputy president has suggested a radical step to reduce alcohol abuse - closing nearly all pubs.
- Cyclone Freddy in Malawi: Searching for my daughter-in-law in the mudon 17/03/2023 at 23:54
Rescue teams continue to look for victims after Cyclone Freddy's destructive path through Malawi.
- Kamaru Usman v Leon Edwards: The 'Nigerian Nightmare' aims to regain the title at UFC 286on 17/03/2023 at 19:46
Nigeria's Kamaru Usman aims to regain his UFC welterweight title when he fights Leon Edwards for the third time.
- Kenya: How Twala women in Laikipia have turned a cactus into biogas profiton 17/03/2023 at 16:21
Twala women in Laikipia, Kenya have turned a thorny issue into a source of profit and empowerment.
- Freddy: The deadly cyclone that lasted more than a monthon 17/03/2023 at 12:53
Cyclone Freddy is one of the world's longest-lasting storms - why was it so bad?
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”2″ maximgwidth=”100″]