Africa Top News headlines aggregated from BBC Africa News.
BBC News - Africa BBC News - Africa
- Why $30m didn't protect Nigerian pupils after Chibokon 13/04/2021 at 23:09
The 2014 student abductions led to a plan backed by the UK but little has come of it seven years on.
- Kenyan could run as an independent at Olympicson 13/04/2021 at 14:03
Sprinter Ferdinand Omanyala is considering racing as a neutral athlete at the Olympics if he is not named in the Kenyan team for Tokyo.
- The coastal town tackling Tunisia's football bosson 13/04/2021 at 08:59
Tunisia football boss Wadie Jary has knowingly misled sport's highest legal body, suspended club Chebba FC complains.
- Saving the kelp forest that stars in My Octopus Teacheron 12/04/2021 at 23:07
The makers of the Bafta-winning documentary want to preserve the underwater ecosystem it features.
- Ghana's farmers eye sweet success from chocolateon 10/04/2021 at 23:25
Ghana is the world's second largest cocoa producer but sees little of the profits from chocolate - for now.
- South African artists struggle with Covid theatre closureson 09/04/2021 at 23:51
The permanent closure of a top venue symbolises the struggle many performers are facing.
- Antiretrovirals: Plight of HIV patients over ARV drug shortage in Kenyaon 09/04/2021 at 09:51
A tax dispute has led to a shortage of antiretroviral (ARV) drugs and HIV testing kits in Kenya.
- Letter from Africa: Kenyans protest over growing debton 07/04/2021 at 23:38
Kenyans urge potential lenders to stop giving the government money over fears of growing debt.
- SGBV in Africa: What is victim blaming and why does it persist?on 07/04/2021 at 11:34
Victim blaming continues to trap survivors of sexual and gender based violence in a cycle of trauma.
- Nigeria: A fashion designer's challenge to wear an Ankara gown on her wedding day.on 07/04/2021 at 07:29
In a bid to represent African culture, Chioma Inyang set out to wear an Ankara-styled gown on her wedding day.
- The sailor living alone on an abandoned cargo shipon 05/04/2021 at 23:02
Seafarer Mohammed Aisha has been living on an abandoned cargo ship for four years, part of that time completely on his own.
- Covid in Kenya: The woman who refuses to be defeated by the viruson 04/04/2021 at 23:09
Kenyan Josephine Muchilwa lost her chef's job and then her business but is now trying something else.
- Mozambique Palma attack: How people tried to flee the assaulton 03/04/2021 at 23:15
Survivors and their family members recount what happened when Islamist militants targeted Palma.
- Marwa Elselehdar: 'I was blamed for blocking the Suez Canal'on 03/04/2021 at 23:01
Egypt's pioneering ship captain has been targeted over false rumours about her role in the incident.
- The women fighting South Africa's 'infodemic'on 02/04/2021 at 23:55
South Africa has faced a wave of Covid misinformation, but volunteers are fighting back.
- Mona Eltahawy on Nawal El Saadawi’s legacy amongst ‘feminist giants’on 02/04/2021 at 07:18
Mona Eltahawy says that Nawal El Saadawi's legacy continues in Africa's long tradition of "feminist giants".
- Lupus: The disease with a thousand faceson 01/04/2021 at 07:00
Lupus symptoms vary from person to person which is why it's referred to as a ‘disease with 1000 faces’.
- How satellite images are helping one country hand out cashon 31/03/2021 at 23:41
Togo has found a new way to send emergency cash to people struggling in the pandemic.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”2″ maximgwidth=”100″]