Africa Top News headlines aggregated from BBC Africa News.
BBC News - Africa BBC News - Africa
- South Africa's military ends hijab ban for Muslimson 28/01/2021 at 12:50
Maj Fatima Isaacs led a three-year legal battle for her religious right to wear a headscarf.
- African Nations Championship: Guinea and Zambia complete quarter-final line-upon 28/01/2021 at 09:41
Guinea score late to earn a quarter-final spot at the African Nations Championship (CHAN) as Zambia also progress.
- Ethiopia's Tigray crisis: US calls for Eritrea troops to withdrawon 27/01/2021 at 17:40
"Credible reports" show they were involved in human rights abuses, the state department said.
- Hogging Covid vaccines endangers all nations, warns South Africa experton 27/01/2021 at 17:02
No countries are safe until all are vaccinated, a leading Covid-19 adviser in South Africa says.
- Africa's free-trade area: What difference will it make?on 27/01/2021 at 08:32
The deal aims to increase the relatively low trade between African countries.
- Kobe Bryant: NBA legend's legacy one year onon 26/01/2021 at 17:27
African basketball stars discuss Kobe Bryant's legacy one year since his death in a helicopter crash.
- The solar solutions helping Zambia's economyon 26/01/2021 at 04:22
Foreign investment into solar products are helping to plug Zambia's power shortage problems.
- Hope and fear as Somalia’s civil war turns 30on 26/01/2021 at 00:21
The BBC's Andrew Harding has returned to Mogadishu to see what hopes people have for peace.
- Protecting the last wild lions in Africaon 25/01/2021 at 08:04
Photographer George Logan highlights the decline of wild lions using conceptual images.
- Ethiopia's Tigray conflict: 'My wife died giving birth to twins while we hid'on 25/01/2021 at 00:09
A father tells the BBC his tragic story of fleeing the conflict in Ethiopia's Tigray region.
- Detective Jane Mugo: Meet Kenya's 'spy queen'on 25/01/2021 at 00:01
BBC Africa Eye looks at the inside story of Detective Jane Mugo, the woman they call Kenya’s "spy queen".
- Egypt's dreams of democracy still alive?on 25/01/2021 at 00:01
It's been 10 years since Egyptians took to the streets to unseat their longest-serving President, Hosni Mubarak.
- Tunisians question whether life is better after Arab Springon 24/01/2021 at 00:21
Ten years after ousting their strongman leader, some say the new system isn't working.
- Uganda's Yoweri Museveni overcomes Bobi Wine challenge - for nowon 23/01/2021 at 00:42
President Yoweri Museveni sees off another challenger despite the expectation surrounding Bobi Wine.
- Africa's long wait for the Covid-19 vaccineon 22/01/2021 at 01:04
Africa will have to wait "weeks if not months" before getting WHO-approved vaccines, officials say.
- Africa's week in pictures: 15 - 21 January 2021on 22/01/2021 at 01:00
A selection of the week's best photos from across the continent and beyond.
- The vehicle that got a village smilingon 22/01/2021 at 00:24
When her friends died in childbirth, a Nigerian woman hatched a plan to make a difference.
- Race in South Africa: 'We haven't learnt we are human beings first'on 21/01/2021 at 00:05
A teacher was charged with fraud for describing himself as "African".
- Namibia SGBV: Shannon Wasserfal's death sparks protests against femicideon 19/01/2021 at 09:44
The death of Shannon Wasserfal sparked protests in Namibia against sex and gender based violence.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”2″ maximgwidth=”100″]