Africa Top News headlines aggregated from BBC Africa News.
BBC News - Africa BBC News - Africa
- Five African music stars to look out for on 07/12/2019 at 01:13
Global interest in African music has never been higher but who are the stars of the future?
- Indian Ocean Dipole: What is it and why is it linked to floods and bushfires? on 07/12/2019 at 01:01
A climate system in the Indian Ocean, known as the dipole, is behind extreme weather events in East Africa and Australia.
- Yinka Ilori: My Nigerian narrative of art and design in London on 07/12/2019 at 00:11
Yinka Ilori is a London-based artist whose technicolour work is inspired by his Nigerian heritage.
- Omoyele Sowore: Nigeria journalist detained hours after release on 06/12/2019 at 15:29
His detention by security services comes after a court ordered his release on Thursday.
- Ivory Coast's Serge Aurier says Jose Mourinho has lifted spirits at Spurs on 06/12/2019 at 13:58
Ivory Coast defender, Serge Aurier, believes Mourinho's move to Spurs has seen a winning mentality return to the club.
- UK court dismisses Taylor ex-wife's torture case on 06/12/2019 at 13:32
The ex-wife of former Liberian president Charles Taylor was facing charges over a string of offences.
- Mike Sonko: Nairobi governor arrested over Kenya corruption scandal on 06/12/2019 at 11:24
Mike Sonko is a divisive politician known for his love of gold jewellery and clothing.
- Burkina Faso crisis: 'Soldiers killed seven members of my family' on 06/12/2019 at 00:01
Djibril says soldiers in Burkina Faso targeted his family in their fight against Islamist militants.
- East Africa hit by deadly weather phenomenon on 05/12/2019 at 20:41
Tropical storms are expected to hit East Africa late on Thursday and Friday, in areas which have already been affected by heavy rain.
- Nigeria's Leon Balogun says fight against racism is a collective responsibility on 05/12/2019 at 11:50
Nigeria defender Leon Balogun insists the battle against racism is a collective responsibility and more 'extreme punishments' are needed.
- Kenya pollution: How air sensors are helping people fight pollution on 05/12/2019 at 00:21
Kenyan John Kieti campaigned to stop a factory belching out toxic fumes by sharing pollution data.
- Air pollution in Nairobi leaves Kenyan children struggling to breathe on 04/12/2019 at 18:14
Parents in Nairobi say high air pollution levels are putting their children's lives at risk.
- Dambe: Ancient African combat sport is a YouTube phenomenon on 04/12/2019 at 00:01
Dambe is traditionally practised by Hausa butchers, but its popularity has grown recently.
- Why the floods in East Africa are so bad on 02/12/2019 at 17:22
Rain-triggered disasters have killed at least 250 people and affected some three million people across East Africa.
- East Africa floods: Trapped Kenyan fisherman rescued on 02/12/2019 at 16:43
A Kenyan fisherman is airlifted from an island where he was marooned since Friday because of heavy flooding.
- Somalia: What does the future hold for my country? on 02/12/2019 at 00:01
Somali journalist Jamal Osman has watched his country being torn apart by civil war for three decades.
- 'Masturbation photos' prompt Tunisia's #MeToo anger on 01/12/2019 at 00:26
Outrage over the case involving an MP has led to an outpouring of stories about sexual abuse and harassment
- Is DR Congo the deadliest place in the world to fly? on 30/11/2019 at 05:27
The country has a notorious air-safety record - but is it the worst?
- Lesotho: Why a dispute over mohair led to a parliamentary fist-fight on 29/11/2019 at 18:24
You might not expect a debate over new regulations for the mohair trade to ignite strong passions.
- Zimbabwe health crisis: 'My cousin died as the doctors are all on strike' on 29/11/2019 at 00:32
Health staff cannot afford to work, the government is now firing them amid what some call a "silent genocide".
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”2″ maximgwidth=”100″]