Africa Top News headlines aggregated from BBC Africa News.
BBC News - Africa BBC News - Africa
- Afcon 2021: Equatorial Guinea stun holders Algeriaon 16/01/2022 at 21:02
Equatorial Guinea stun Algeria to leave the defending champions on the brink of a group-stage exit from the Africa Cup of Nations.
- Afcon 2021: Sierra Leone snatch late draw against Ivory Coaston 16/01/2022 at 18:33
Sierra Leone's Alhadji Kamara scores a dramatic injury-time equaliser to grab a 2-2 draw against Ivory Coast in Douala.
- Afcon 2021: Tunisia bounce back to thrash Mauritaniaon 16/01/2022 at 17:55
Tunisia bounce back from their controversial opening defeat at the Africa Cup of Nations by brushing aside Mauritania 4-0 in Group F.
- Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta: Ousted Mali president dies aged 76on 16/01/2022 at 16:54
Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta was forced from power in 2020 after protests over security, economy and elections.
- Afcon 2021: The Gambia and Mali close in on last 16 after drawon 16/01/2022 at 15:23
The Gambia and Mali are both on the brink of the last 16 at the Africa Cup of Nations after they play out a 1-1 draw in Group F.
- Mohamed Ibrahim Moalimuu: Somali spokesman injured in Mogadishuon 16/01/2022 at 12:47
Former BBC journalist Mohamed Ibrahim Moalimuu was targeted by terrorists, the prime minister says.
- Crystal Asige: How glaucoma stole my sighton 16/01/2022 at 11:23
Kenya singer and songwriter Crystal Asige shares her journey with an eye condition called Glaucoma.
- Kenyan vigilantes taking on avocado gangson 16/01/2022 at 00:38
Cartels have begun to target the lucrative crop and farmers are arming themselves.
- The inventor inspired by a near-death experienceon 16/01/2022 at 00:04
He nearly died after being given fake medicines. Now, his invention can spot them.
- Afcon 2021: Mohamed Salah gives Egypt vital win over Guinea-Bissauon 15/01/2022 at 21:14
Mohamed Salah scores the only goal against Guinea-Bissau to kick-start Egypt's Africa Cup of Nations campaign.
- Afcon 2021: Nigeria cruise into last 16 after beating Sudanon 15/01/2022 at 18:16
Nigeria book their spot in the last 16 at the Africa Cup of Nations after cruising to a 3-1 victory over Sudan in Group D.
- Afcon 2021: Ghana's Benjamin Tetteh and Mali's El Bilal Toure handed banson 15/01/2022 at 17:45
Ghana forward Benjamin Tetteh may not feature again at the Africa Cup of Nations after being handed a three-match ban for his part in a melee against Gabon.
- Afcon 2021: Watching Premier League aided Sierra Leone keeperon 15/01/2022 at 14:53
Sierra Leone's Mohamed Nbalie Kamara says watching the Premier League helped him keep a clean sheet against Algeria at the Nations Cup.
- Afcon 2021: Gabon coach has no problem with controversial equaliser against Ghanaon 15/01/2022 at 12:57
Gabon coach Patrice Neveu has no problem with his side's controversial late equaliser against Ghana at the Africa Cup of Nations.
- Gabon's Aubameyang 'has heart lesions'on 15/01/2022 at 11:59
Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang misses Gabon's Africa Cup of Nations draw with Ghana after scans reveal "heart lesions".
- Letter from Africa: Desmond Tutu's funeral re-imagined Ghana-styleon 15/01/2022 at 02:03
Ghanaians were shocked by the archbishop's modest funeral and speedy burial, writes Elizabeth Ohene.
- Afcon 2021: Malawi overcome Zimbabwe to boost last 16 hopeson 14/01/2022 at 18:49
Gabadinho Mhango scores twice as Malawi come back to beat Zimbabwe 2-1 and boost their hopes of reaching the last 16 at the Africa Cup of Nations.
- Africa's week in pictures: 7-13 January 2022on 14/01/2022 at 00:40
A selection of the best photos from across the African continent this week.
- Kenya Power in the spotlight after nationwide blackouton 13/01/2022 at 14:18
Kenyans spent several hours with electricity this week, what are the underlying causes?
- Growing up behind bars in Kenya: 'Children believe prison is home'on 13/01/2022 at 13:58
In Kenya, around 200 children are currently held in confinement with their mothers who are serving prison sentences.
- Seychelles: The island nation hunting for a missing $50mon 12/01/2022 at 00:28
Six of Seychelles' most prominent citizens face charges amid a government crackdown on corruption.
- How old Ugandan negatives are bringing families back to lifeon 11/01/2022 at 00:14
The restored archive of a rural Ugandan photographer is helping people reconnect with their past.
- How KFC in Kenya got fried over its chip shortageon 08/01/2022 at 00:00
Kenyans called for a KFC boycott after it was discovered that its fries were imported from Egypt.
- Ethiopia civil war: Tigray hospital running out of food for starving childrenon 06/01/2022 at 14:20
The hospital treating Surafeal in Ethiopia's Tigray region is also running out of food.
- Africa's lost 'Motown' years rediscoveredon 04/01/2022 at 00:02
African music from the 1980s is being digitised thanks to a young Parisian producer.
- South Africa's parliament building on fire againon 03/01/2022 at 20:22
One day after a fire at the parliament building in Cape Town, crews are tackling another blaze.
- Kora: The 'sacred' instrument of storytellerson 03/01/2022 at 11:43
Kadialy Kouyate is a Senegalese kora player teaching the only university-led course in the UK.
- Desmond Tutu funeral: Anti-apartheid campaigner remembered in Cape Townon 01/01/2022 at 12:17
The anti-apartheid campaigner and Nobel Peace Prize winner died last Sunday, aged 90.
- Desmond Tutu: Mourners queue to pay respects as body lies in stateon 30/12/2021 at 19:51
The Nobel Peace Prize winner's body will lie in state in a simple coffin for two days.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”2″ maximgwidth=”100″]