Africa Top News headlines aggregated from BBC Africa News.
BBC News - Africa BBC News - Africa
- Victor Osimhen and Napoli: 'The love for him is fake in Italy'on 30/09/2023 at 08:15
Napoli said they "never meant to offend or mock" Victor Osimhen in a social media post but stopped short of publicly apologising to him.
- Migrants celebrate and dance after being rescuedon 30/09/2023 at 04:01
Male migrants from Syria, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Egypt danced after being rescued off the coast of Libya.
- Six dead and 15 trapped in Zimbabwe gold mine collapseon 30/09/2023 at 02:52
Rescue efforts are under way to reach those who became trapped when a shaft at a gold mine collapsed.
- Sudan conflict: Living in Cairo, longing for Omdurmanon 29/09/2023 at 23:34
The BBC's Mohamed Osman writes about his emotional return after war forced him to flee.
- Marathon record breaker Tigst Assefa, her coach and experts on historic runon 29/09/2023 at 17:11
After smashing the world record in Berlin, Ethiopia's Tigst Assefa, her coach and marathon experts answer three key questions on the evolution of the event.
- Pastor Daniel: Claims that a Christian preacher has the power to tame lions are falseon 29/09/2023 at 15:13
The viral video has spread to many countries in Africa, but does not show a church pastor taming lions.
- Niger attack: Soldiers killed by hundreds of jihadists in Kandadjion 29/09/2023 at 11:21
Jihadist attacks have intensified across Niger since the military seized power in July.
- Eswatini election: The vote in a kingdom where parties are bannedon 29/09/2023 at 10:34
Voting is under way in Eswatini, but in Africa's last absolute monarchy, MPs have little power.
- South Africa floods: Watch the aftermath of deadly floods in Western Capeon 28/09/2023 at 18:40
At least 11 people killed after flooding in South Africa's Africa's Western Cape province, including Cape Town.
- Haiti crisis: Can Kenyan police officers defeat the gangs?on 28/09/2023 at 13:09
The East African nation has pledged 1,000 officers but many question their suitability.
- Kenya promises to end gang warfare and restore peace in Haition 27/09/2023 at 14:08
The Kenyan government has offered 1000 police officers to lead a multinational force to Haiti to tackle the ongoing gang warfare.
- 'France takes us for idiots' - Inside coup-hit Nigeron 26/09/2023 at 14:42
The BBC gains access to the West African country which is among the world's most deadly for jihadist attacks.
- MohBad: How the death of an Afrobeats star sparked protests in Nigeriaon 26/09/2023 at 14:11
The death of popular 27-year-old singer MohBad has sparked protests in Nigeria.
- Morocco earthquake: Sisters' nightmares and a plea for lipstickon 23/09/2023 at 02:17
Two sisters tell the BBC how the earthquake in Morocco has left them traumatised and anxious.
- Westgate mall shooting: Why do Kenya's Muslims feel targeted?on 22/09/2023 at 10:14
Ever since al-Shabab attacked the Westgate shopping mall, Kenya's Somali community has felt targeted by security forces.
- Despite risks fish farms are booming in Africaon 21/09/2023 at 23:29
Farming fish has seen rapid growth in Africa but it can be an expensive, high-risk operation.
- Guinean cycles across six countries for spot at Egypt's Al-Azhar Universityon 21/09/2023 at 10:03
The 25-year-old travelled for four months from Guinea to reach top university Al-Azhar in Egypt.
- Westgate attack: Kenyan survivors recount 10 years of painon 21/09/2023 at 07:28
Ten years since the Westgate shopping mall attack remember the day when at least 67 people were killed.
- Quobna Cugoano: London church honours Ghanaian-born freed slave and abolitioniston 20/09/2023 at 01:24
Quobna Cugoano was captured by slavers aged 13 but later played a big part in the UK abolition movement.
- Inside South Africa's Operation Dudula: 'Why we hate foreigners'on 17/09/2023 at 23:16
BBC Africa Eye gains rare access to Operation Dudula, South Africa's prominent anti-migrant movement.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”2″ maximgwidth=”100″]