Africa Top News headlines aggregated from BBC Africa News.
BBC News - Africa BBC News - Africa
- Ivory Coast's ex-President Gbagbo to return home after ICC acquittalon 17/06/2021 at 07:06
Laurent Gbagbo was taken to the ICC in 2011 on charges of crimes against humanity.
- Why what's happening in Ethiopia matters for Africaon 17/06/2021 at 03:05
Famine conditions and insecurity in Tigray as well as upcoming elections affect the future of Ethiopia.
- Tigray war: Walking three days to find a hospitalon 16/06/2021 at 23:13
People's lives in northern Ethiopia are in tatters as they deal with famine in the ruins of a war zone.
- Botswana diamond could be world's third largeston 16/06/2021 at 22:03
The "rare and extraordinary" gem weighs 1,098 carats and was unveiled by diamond firm, Debswana.
- Africa's Covid patients 'dying from lack of oxygen'on 16/06/2021 at 20:25
Health agencies and medics tells the BBC of a growing crisis facing low-income African nations.
- Somalia sack coach after less than three weekson 16/06/2021 at 08:30
The Somali Football Federation sacks coach Abdellatif Saleft after less than three weeks in charge and hours before a friendly against Djibouti.
- Tracking change in Ethiopia and the challenges aheadon 16/06/2021 at 00:32
The BBC charts the dramatic changes and challenges facing the country as it goes to the polls.
- ‘Diamonds' in KZN: Unidentified stones spark South Africa rushon 15/06/2021 at 10:24
Many of those digging in KwaHlathi village in South Africa believe the stones are precious jewels.
- Goma volcano: ‘I don't know what happened to my family.’on 15/06/2021 at 05:46
Several children are missing after becoming separated from their family while fleeing the lava flows.
- Ethiopia's election 2021: A quick guideon 14/06/2021 at 23:42
Prime Minister and Nobel laureate Abiy Ahmed faces his first electoral test since taking office.
- Ethiopia's Abiy Ahmed: The Nobel Prize winner who went to waron 14/06/2021 at 08:14
The Tigray fighting has shattered the overseas reputation of Ethiopia's Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed.
- Allied Democratic Forces: The Ugandan rebels working with IS in DR Congoon 13/06/2021 at 23:14
The activity of the Allied Democratic Forces has recently taken on a more global jihadist dimension.
- Ethiopian migrants face robbery, extortion and starvationon 13/06/2021 at 23:06
Every year thousands of migrants risk it all on the perilous journey from Ethiopia to Saudi Arabia.
- Pan-African Parliament: Punches, kicks and death threatson 11/06/2021 at 23:34
MPs brawled after failing to agree on a new president, showing how elusive political unity remains.
- Nigeria Twitter: How the ban is affecting small businesseson 11/06/2021 at 21:43
Some Nigerian entrepreneurs who use Twitter to promote their businesses are recording reduced sales.
- South Africa weightlifting: 'If I get bad grades I have to do a set of squats'on 11/06/2021 at 06:06
Soweto Weightlifting Club encourages its lifters to stay off the streets and to advance academically.
- How can you tell the difference between real and fake medicines?on 10/06/2021 at 08:02
We look up close at some real and fake anti-malarial drugs that were bought in Nigeria.
- 'I was assaulted by Kenyan avocado farm guard'on 09/06/2021 at 23:53
Kakuzi farm is suing the Human Rights Commission over what it says are false and untested allegations of abuse.
- Nigeria's Twitter ban: The people risking arrest to tweeton 08/06/2021 at 21:16
Many people are circumventing the ban, despite government threats to arrest and prosecute tweeters.
- Ethiopian elections 2021: Fact-checking Abiy's recordon 08/06/2021 at 01:33
Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed is facing his first major electoral test. But what has he achieved?
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”2″ maximgwidth=”100″]