Africa Top News headlines aggregated from BBC Africa News.
BBC News - Africa BBC News - Africa
- 'Diamond' Niyonsaba lauded upon return to Burundion 22/09/2021 at 16:31
Francine Niyonsaba is lauded by a large crowd as the athlete returns to Burundi after her Diamond League title and world record.
- Mary Keitany: Kenyan world record holder retireson 22/09/2021 at 12:53
Kenya's Mary Keitany, who holds the word record for a women-only marathon, retires from competing at the age of 39 because of a back injury.
- Samuel Eto'o announces candidacy for presidency of Cameroon football federationon 21/09/2021 at 20:22
Former Cameroon international Samuel Eto'o is to stand as a candidate in the race for the presidency of his country's football federation (Fecafoot).
- Paul Rusesabagina: From Hotel Rwanda hero to convicted terroriston 20/09/2021 at 11:09
Paul Rusesabagina, who was portrayed in Hotel Rwanda, has gone from national hero to enemy of the state.
- South African whistle-blower: I don't feel safeon 20/09/2021 at 02:02
Mosilo Mothepu has paid a heavy price for speaking out about corruption in her firm.
- Street dreams of Nairobi dance crew hoping to beat the oddson 19/09/2021 at 23:05
A group of street dancers in Nairobi, Kenya, struggle against the odds to become celebrities.
- Germaine Acogny: 'The mother of contemporary African dance'on 19/09/2021 at 07:45
Germaine Acogny has recently been awarded the prestigious Golden Lion award at the Venice Biennale Dance festival. But what impact has she had on African contemporary dance?
- Ethiopia: Fact-checking misleading images about hunger in Amharaon 19/09/2021 at 01:14
Food shortages are worsening in Ethiopia but some images online are not what they claim to be.
- The link between climate change, seaweed and ice creamon 18/09/2021 at 23:07
Seaweed production has been affected by warming seas – this is how farmers are adapting.
- Kenya's CBC education reform: How scarecrows are terrifying parentson 18/09/2021 at 01:14
A new school curriculum means challenging tasks end up being performed by parents not their children.
- Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Algeria's longest-serving president dieson 18/09/2021 at 00:06
The former president, whose decades-long rule sparked massive protests, has died aged 84.
- Turkana: The front line of climate changeon 17/09/2021 at 11:49
There are few places in the world where the consequences of a changing climate are as plain to see as in northern Kenya.
- Kenyan blogger: 'I thought I may never make it out of Qatar'on 16/09/2021 at 18:31
A Kenyan blogger who wrote about working conditions in Qatar was thrown into solitary confinement, given a huge fine and deported.
- On the trail of fake medicine smugglers in Beninon 15/09/2021 at 23:04
Since the beginning of the pandemic, there’s been an increase in counterfeit drugs around the world.
- What's gone wrong with the 'War on Terror' in Africa?on 13/09/2021 at 23:13
Twenty years after the US 'War on Terror' began, Islamist movements have spread across Africa.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”2″ maximgwidth=”100″]