Southern African News aggregated from diverse sources, including Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa & other regional newspapers.
AllAfrica News: Southern Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- South Africa: UCT's Sustainability Response in an Era of Droughts, Rolling Blackoutson 27/03/2023 at 14:10
[UCT] As multiple crises converge on the environment and people, rapid responses have been the order of the day - and the University of Cape Town (UCT) has not been spared.
- Africa: Namibia's Sports Minister Disappointed Over Rules Targetting Women Athletes with High Testosterone Levelsby [email protected] (New Era) on 27/03/2023 at 13:19
[New Era] Sports Minister Agnes Tjongarero has expressed disappointment with the World Athletics (WA) over its new rule, banning athletes with high levels of testosterone from competing.
- Namibia: Trade Ministry Seeks Private Operator for Bush Processing Plantby [email protected] (New Era) on 27/03/2023 at 12:56
[New Era] The trade and industrialisation ministry (MIT), in collaboration with the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO), has invited interest from national, regional and continental private entities to operate an invader bush processing plant.
- Namibia: Health Services Brought Closerby [email protected] (New Era) on 27/03/2023 at 12:36
[New Era] Iipanda Yamiti residents in the Omusati region will no longer have to travel vast distances to Oshikuku, Oshakati and Outapi for basic health services.
- Namibia: No Common Ground On Farm 37 ...Only Two Communal Toilets for 50 Familiesby [email protected] (New Era) on 27/03/2023 at 12:35
[New Era] Walvis Bay -- Discussions around Farm 37, which has been touted as a possible solution to Walvis Bay's housing crisis, reached boiling point on Thursday.
- Angola/Ghana: Stars Target Double in Luanda Todayon 27/03/2023 at 12:18
[Ghanaian Times] As massively predicted, the Black Antelopes of Angola gave Ghana's Black Stars a good run for their money in the third-round tie of the 2024 Nations Cup qualifiers at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi, last Thursday.
- Zimbabwe: God Is in It - Says Chamisa After Al Jazeera Expose', As Followers Demand Moreon 27/03/2023 at 12:08
[New Zimbabwe] CITIZENS Coalition for Change (CCC) President Nelson Chamisa's 'God Is In It' mantra has riled some of his supporters who have demanded that he do more than just bank on Jehovah's intervention in the Zimbabwean crisis.
- Zimbabwe: Disqualified Zanu-PF Kwekwe Central Parliamentary Aspirant Says He Harbours No Ill Feelings, Vows to Support Rivalon 27/03/2023 at 12:08
[New Zimbabwe] A parliamentary aspirant for Kwekwe Central who was disqualified in Zanu-PF's primary elections on Saturday has said he respects the party's decision and has since thrown his weight behind his rival.
- Zimbabwe: Exposed Uebert Angel Breaks Silence, Reveals Calls to Mnangagwa's Wife, Son Were Recorded During Al Jazeera Exposéon 27/03/2023 at 12:06
[New Zimbabwe] President Emmerson Mnangagwa's ambassador-at-large Uebert Angel has revealed Al Jazeera recorded his telephone conversation with the state leader's wife and one of his sons during in its blockbuster exposé on money-laundering and gold smuggling activities.
- South Africa: Concourt Ruling on Water Rights a Victory for Farmerson 27/03/2023 at 11:58
[DA] South African farmers have registered a significant victory over water rights use after the Constitutional Court ruled that water rights holders are entitled to transfer such rights in accordance with the provisions of the National Water Act. In 2013, the Department of Water and Sanitation issued a circular barring farmers from transferring and trading in water use rights. The alienation of water use entitlement and lawful transfer of such ownership to a third party has been contentious for some time.
- Zimbabwe: High Court Dismisses Kamambo's Bid for Freedomon 27/03/2023 at 11:56
[New Zimbabwe] Suspended ZIFA president Felton Kamambo's bid to have his bribery charges quashed has suffered a blow following a High Court ruling that he must stand trial over the matter.
- Zimbabwe: Miners Federation Distances Rushwaya From Circulating 'Gold Mafia' Documentary Audioon 27/03/2023 at 11:55
[New Zimbabwe] The Zimbabwe Miners Federation (ZMF) has distanced its president, Henrietta Rushwaya from an audio circulating on social media platforms disguised as a response to the recently screened AL Jazeera "Gold Mafia" documentary.
- Mali: Kidnapped South African Paramedic's Family Renews Calls For His Releaseon 27/03/2023 at 11:39
[allAfrica] The family of Gerco van Deventer held hostage by jihadis in Mali for more than five years have launched a fresh appeal for his release, days after a French journalist was freed.
- Namibia/Cameroon: Warriors Put Song Under Pressureby [email protected] (Namibian) on 27/03/2023 at 10:24
[Namibian] THE Brave Warriors may yet get Cameroon coach Rigobert Song fired after "stealing a point" in Yaounde following a 1-1 stalemate on Friday night.
- Namibia: Erongo Wins Amateur Boxing Champs for Fifth Timeby [email protected] (Namibian) on 27/03/2023 at 10:22
[Namibian] THE 2023 National Amateur Boxing Championships concluded on Saturday, with the Erongo region taking its fifth consecutive win.
- Mozambique: In Municipal Elections Top Priority for Frelimoby [email protected] (AIM) on 27/03/2023 at 08:46
[AIM] Maputo -- The Central Committee of Mozambique's ruling Frelimo Party ended a two day meeting on Saturday night, with the party's leadership declaring that the top priority must be preparations to ensure a decisive victory in the municipal elections scheduled for 11 October.
- Mozambique: 2,000 Hectares Lost in Manicaby [email protected] (AIM) on 27/03/2023 at 08:43
[AIM] Maputo -- The floods brought by tropical cyclone Freddy to the central Mozambican province of Manica have caused the loss of almost 2,000 hectares of crops.
- Zimbabwe: Opposition Leader Ngarivhume Promises Protests After Al Jazeera Blockbusteron 27/03/2023 at 07:27
[New Zimbabwe] OPPOSITION Transform Zimbabwe (TZ) leader Jacob Ngarivhume has promised a week of demonstrations at police stations across the country in the aftermath of Al Jazeera's Gold Mafia release.
- Liberia/South Africa: It's Do or Die for Bafana Bafana When They Face Liberia in Monroviaon 27/03/2023 at 07:05
[Daily Maverick] It won't be easy to trump the Lone Stars on home soil -- especially considering that Bafana Bafana failed to do so on their own turf.
- South Africa: Land Equity a Hot Topic At the Conference On South Africa's Constitutionon 27/03/2023 at 07:04
[Daily Maverick] The National Conference on the Constitution held between 22 and 24 March 2023 grappled with the question of land rights, land reform and restoration that is not much closer to being resolved than it was 30 years ago.
- South Africa: Reserve Bank Expected to Hike Interest Rates Againon 27/03/2023 at 06:59
[Daily Maverick] It would be the ninth consecutive hike since November 2021, adding a cumulative 400 basis points since then and taking the repo rate to 7.50% and the prime lending rate to 11.0%.
- South Africa: Millions Paid to Buy Alternative Power Sources for Ministers - South African News Briefs - March 27, 2023on 27/03/2023 at 06:34
[allAfrica] Cape Town --
- South Africa: Condolences for Eastern Cape Flood Victimson 27/03/2023 at 06:31
[SAnews.gov.za] OR Tambo District Municipality Acting Executive Mayor, Thokozile Sokanyile, has sent her heartfelt condolences to the families of three people who lost their lives during torrential rains in the Eastern Cape.
- South Africa: Basic Education Minister Questions Details of Child's Death In School Pit Toileton 27/03/2023 at 06:06
[Daily Maverick] While the Department of Basic Education has admitted that not enough has been done to eradicate pit toilets and provide sustainable school sanitation, it says how Langalam Viki allegedly ended up in the tank of a senior toilet not appropriate for her remains a mystery that's under investigation by the police.
- South Africa: Proteas Cricketers Stun West Indies With T20 Record Chaseby [email protected] (Scrolla) on 27/03/2023 at 06:01
[Scrolla] The Proteas delivered a brilliant run chase in front of a Centurion faithful that certainly would not have expected to see 500+ runs on Sunday afternoon.
- Zimbabwe: Don't Vote for Those Dogs - Zapu Chair Says to Supporterson 27/03/2023 at 05:54
[New Zimbabwe] Opposition Zapu Chairperson John Dlamini has urged people living in Matabeleland not to vote for what he described as dogs who have failed to develop the predominantly Ndebele-speaking provinces.
- Zimbabwe: Business Mogul Rudland Threatens to Sue Al Jazeera, Demands Public Apologyon 27/03/2023 at 05:52
[New Zimbabwe] Multi-millionaire businessman Simon Rudland, who was cited as the biggest funder of gold smuggling activities in Zimbabwe during an Al Jazeera investigation, has demanded an apology from the station and indicated he will be suing.
- Zimbabwe: Chinotimba, Nduma and 3 Ministers Fall in Zanu-PF Primarieson 27/03/2023 at 05:11
[New Zimbabwe] THREE ministers were among the big name losers as results started trickling from the Zanu PF primary elections held over the weekend.
- Zimbabwe: Chaos! Zanu-PF Officials Caught With Box Full of Filled-in Ballot Paperson 27/03/2023 at 05:08
[New Zimbabwe] Spread This News
- Africa: Investing in a Pan-African Genome Initiative Would Provide Great Returns for Humanityon 26/03/2023 at 17:19
[Daily Maverick] African genomes carry more variations than European genomes because they have a longer evolutionary history, and thus they offer more insights into potential new therapeutic targets for detecting and treating rare diseases.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”11″ maximgwidth=”100″]