Central African News Headlines aggregated from diverse sources, including Congolese, Rwandan, Burundi, Angolan, Namibian, Cameroonian, Chadian, Central African and Gabonese newspapers.
AllAfrica News: Central Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Africa: Namibia's Sports Minister Disappointed Over Rules Targetting Women Athletes with High Testosterone Levelsby [email protected] (New Era) on 27/03/2023 at 13:19
[New Era] Sports Minister Agnes Tjongarero has expressed disappointment with the World Athletics (WA) over its new rule, banning athletes with high levels of testosterone from competing.
- Congo-Kinshasa: DR Congo Qualify for 2023 Women's Afrobasket Finalson 27/03/2023 at 12:53
[New Times] The Democratic Republic of Congo on Saturday night booked their ticket to the 2023 FIBA Women's AfroBasket finals due in Kigali from July 26 to August 6 at BK Arena.
- Angola/Ghana: Stars Target Double in Luanda Todayon 27/03/2023 at 12:18
[Ghanaian Times] As massively predicted, the Black Antelopes of Angola gave Ghana's Black Stars a good run for their money in the third-round tie of the 2024 Nations Cup qualifiers at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi, last Thursday.
- Rwanda: Cricket - Nhamburo Confident As Rwanda Begins Nigeria T20 Title Defenseon 27/03/2023 at 11:22
[New Times] Leonard Nhamburo will be hoping to help Rwanda women win the Nigeria T20 Invitational Women's Cricket tournament for the second time in a row.
- Rwanda/Benin: Ferrer Sees No Home Advantage in Playing Benin Behind Closed Doorson 27/03/2023 at 10:56
[New Times] Rwanda national team head coach Carlos Alos Ferrer insists that hosting Benin behind closed doors won't be helping his team at all.
- Rwanda: Handball - Rwanda U19 to Face Burundi in World Champs Buildup Gameson 27/03/2023 at 10:33
[New Times] Rwanda U19 will play two buildup matches against neighbors Burundi on April 1 and 2 as part of the pair's preparations for the upcoming 2023 IHF Men's Youth (U19) World Championship that will take place in Croatia from August 2-13.
- Rwanda: Basketball League Returns On April 21on 27/03/2023 at 10:32
[New Times] The second round of the Rwanda basketball league will start on April 21, local basketball governing body (FERWABA) has announced.
- Namibia/Cameroon: Warriors Put Song Under Pressureby [email protected] (Namibian) on 27/03/2023 at 10:24
[Namibian] THE Brave Warriors may yet get Cameroon coach Rigobert Song fired after "stealing a point" in Yaounde following a 1-1 stalemate on Friday night.
- Central Africa: Decade After Takeover, Justice Still Neededby [email protected] (HRW) on 27/03/2023 at 10:19
[HRW] On March 24, 2013, an alliance of rebel groups known as the Seleka took control of Bangui, the capital of the Central African Republic. By then they had also seized control of most of the country's provinces and had overthrown President François Bozizé.
- Africa: TotalEnergies AFCON Qualifier - CAR Stun Madagascaron 27/03/2023 at 10:17
[CAF] Central African Republic secured their first victory of the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations, Côte d'Ivoire 2023 qualifiers by defeating Madagascar 3-0 in Antananarivo on Thursday.
- Rwanda: Mukansanga Scoops Top Continental Awardon 27/03/2023 at 07:55
[New Times] Rwandan international referee, Salma Rhadia Mukansanga, on Saturday, March 25, received the Forty under 40 Africa Award in the sports category in an awarding ceremony held in Sandton City, South Africa.
- Rwanda: Kalisa Returns After Six-Week Injury Lay Offon 27/03/2023 at 07:55
[New Times] Rwanda international Sven Kalisa has returned to training after six weeks in the treatment room with an injury.
- Rwanda: How 'The Woman in Me' Premiere Unfoldedon 27/03/2023 at 07:55
[New Times] Under the leadership and guidance of Eric Kabera, Kwetu Film Institute alongside Rwanda Cinema Center produced and brought to life a documentary film titled "The Woman in Me".
- Africa: Gabon Edge Out Cameroon to Draw First Blood in TotalEnergies Afcon U23 Raceon 27/03/2023 at 07:36
[CAF] Gabon drew first blood against Cameroon, beating the Indomitable Cubs 1-0 in the first leg of the qualifiers for the 2023 TotalEnergies Under-23 Africa Cup of Nations, in the final round of qualification matches.
- Rwanda: Rwanda First African Country to Fully Integrate Drone Technology in Fighting Malariaon 27/03/2023 at 06:32
[New Times] In a world still grappling with malaria elimination, Rwanda was the first country to integrate and deploy drones in the most malaria endemic zones of the country for an accelerated outcome.
- Rwanda: Longer Maternity Leave Sparks Public Debateon 27/03/2023 at 06:32
[New Times] Working mothers are leaving their babies to domestic workers soon after three months of maternity leave elapse, MP Frank Habineza said, proposing that such a leave should be doubled for better child care.
- Rwanda: Teachers Decry Lack of Books on Genocide Studieson 27/03/2023 at 06:31
[New Times] Teachers have expressed their frustration over the lack of books on the history of the Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda. This history has been taught in primary and secondary schools for almost eight years, but history teachers have faced difficulties in implementing the program due to a shortage of resources.
- Rwanda: Rwanda Among Countries With Cheapest Electricity Tariffs - Reporton 27/03/2023 at 06:31
[New Times] Rwanda has been listed as one of the 30 countries globally with the cheapest household electricity prices, according to a report released earlier this month by Statista.com, an online platform specialised in market and consumer data. The other African countries on the list include Ghana, South Africa, and Kenya.
- Africa: Joint Forces Kill DR Congo Rebels in Surprise Attackon 27/03/2023 at 06:12
[Nile Post] The joint forces of UPDF and the Congolese army, FARDC have announced that they have killed at least 20 ADF rebels in Eastern DR Congo.
- Central African Republic: Situation in Central African Republic Worrisome, Research Group Saysby [email protected] (VOA) on 27/03/2023 at 05:06
[VOA] Nairobi, Kenya -- Nearly two hundred people demonstrated this week in support of Russia and China in the Central African Republic after nine Chinese workers were killed by gunmen in an attack.
- West Africa: Cameroon, Gabon Reinforce Travel Restrictions After Equatorial Guinea Confirms Marburg Casesby [email protected] (VOA) on 27/03/2023 at 05:04
[VOA] Yaounde, Cameroon -- Cameroon and Gabon have stepped up border security after neighboring Equatorial Guinea confirmed a spreading Marburg virus has killed at least nine people. Despite the controls, people are still traveling across the porous borders, raising fears the virus that causes hemorrhagic fever could spread.
- Chad: Chad's President Signs Pardon for 380 Rebels Sentenced to Life in Prisonon 26/03/2023 at 17:22
[RFI] A group of 380 rebels handed life sentences over the 2021 death of former ruler Idriss Deby Itno have been pardoned, a statement from the president's office said Saturday.
- Rwanda: How High School Students Are Creating Projects That Solve Community Problemson 25/03/2023 at 16:41
[New Times] In today's society where communities increasingly face complex challenges, some young students are taking the initiative to directly address issues.
- Rwanda: No Place for Political Violence in Rwanda, Says U.S. After Rusesabagina Releaseon 25/03/2023 at 10:55
[New Times] The US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has welcomed the release of Paul Rusesabagina by the Government of Rwanda.
- Rwanda: 'Hotel Rwanda' Hero Paul Rusesabagina Released From Prisonby [email protected] (VOA) on 25/03/2023 at 10:17
[VOA] Paul Rusesabagina has been released from a Rwandan prison, according to U.S. officials, after the Rwandan government commuted his prison sentence following diplomatic efforts by the United States.
- Congo-Kinshasa: DR Congo Govt Surprises With Cabinet Reshuffle Months Before Pollson 24/03/2023 at 14:06
[allAfrica] The President of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Félix Tshisekedi, announced a Cabinet reshuffle on the evening of Thursday, March 23.
- Central Africa: Central African States Want to Dump Colonial Currencyon 24/03/2023 at 12:27
[allAfrica] Cape Town -- The Economic and Monetary Community of Central Africa (CEMAC) has taken a decision to stop using the Franc CFA (FCFA). They were expected to announce some currency changes, but instead opted for a complete change of the name.
- Uganda: Uganda Starts Exports of Army Uniform to Equatorial Guineaon 24/03/2023 at 08:42
[Independent (Kampala)] Entebbe -- The Minister of Defence and Veterans Affairs Vincent Bamulangaki Ssempijja today flagged off the export of military consignments to the Republic of Equatorial Guinea at Entebbe Airbase. The consignment included 5,400 Cartons of Armed Forces Uniforms and accessories manufactured by Southern Range Nyanza Ltd (Nytil), Jinja-Uganda.
- Africa: U.S. Turns Spotlight on Russian Paramilitary Group Wagner's Africa Activitieson 24/03/2023 at 08:13
[allAfrica] Cape Town -- The activities in Africa of Russia's Wagner Group, the private paramilitary group which deploys mercenaries to support the Kremlin's foreign policy objectives, are coming under increased American scrutiny as the United States, Russia and China compete for strategic advantage on the continent.
- Chad: Rebels Sentenced to Life Imprisonment for 2021 Killing of President Idriss Débyon 23/03/2023 at 10:49
[allAfrica] Cape Town -- More than 400 rebels accused of killing Chad's former president Idriss Déby Itno, 69, on April 20, 2021 - days after he was re-elected for a sixth term as president - have been sentenced to life in prison. The rebels were convicted of terrorism, using child soldiers and undermining Chad's integrity and security, an appeals court ruled in a closed hearing on Tuesday, March 21, 2023.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”12″ maximgwidth=”100″]