Central African News Headlines aggregated from diverse sources, including Congolese, Rwandan, Burundi, Angolan, Namibian, Cameroonian, Chadian, Central African and Gabonese newspapers.
AllAfrica News: Central Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Chad: Chad Awaits Presidential Election Resultby DW on 13/04/2021 at 14:27
[DW] Votes are being counted in Chad's presidential election, which is widely expected to give incumbent Idris Deby a sixth term.
- Angola: Angola Optimistic About Future of Oil Sectorby ANGOP on 13/04/2021 at 14:25
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Angolan minister of Mineral Resources, Oil and Gas, Diamantino Azevedo, reiterated, on Monday, optimism about the future of the oil sector in Angola, which presents itself with "great" potential.
- Tanzania: UN Experts Deplore Rights Violations Against Burundi Refugeesby OHCHR on 13/04/2021 at 13:22
[OHCHR] Geneva -- Arbitrary arrests and enforced disappearances have allegedly been carried out by the Tanzanian police and intelligence services in cooperation with the Burundian intelligence services, the experts said.
- Rwanda: Why Rwanda's Weekly Coffee Export Revenues Droppedby New Times on 13/04/2021 at 12:25
[New Times] Rwanda's weekly coffee export revenues dropped by 672 per cent in the week ending April 11, after prices on the world markets plunged.
- Zimbabwe: Rwandan Refugees in Zimbabwe Seek Resettlementby East African on 13/04/2021 at 12:15
[East African] A group of Rwandan refugees living in Zimbabwe are refusing to be repatriated, five years after losing their refugee status.
- Angola: Aipex Records Over U.S.$3 Billion Investment in Zeeby ANGOP on 13/04/2021 at 11:35
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The Agency for Private Investment and Export Promotion (AIPEX), over the last three years, has recorded private investment of around US$3.492 billion in different projects in the Luanda-Bengo Special Economic Zone (ZEE), said its chairperson, Henrique da Silva.
- Cameroon: Olympics Intercontinental Play-Offs - Decisive Match for Lionessesby Cameroon Tribune on 13/04/2021 at 10:58
[Cameroon Tribune] Today's encounter is crucial for the Lionesses, as they must win convincing to secure a ticket for the Olympic Games.
- Cameroon: Diaspora Investment Support Programme - Committee Evaluates Performanceby Cameroon Tribune on 13/04/2021 at 10:58
[Cameroon Tribune] Promoting the growth of entrepreneurs and the development of the country remain fundamental objectives of the programme.
- Cameroon: Akwaya - Military Hands Over Reconstructed Bridgesby Cameroon Tribune on 13/04/2021 at 10:58
[Cameroon Tribune] The bridges were reportedly earlier destroyed by armed separatist fighters.
- Cameroon: Bamenda - Ultra-Modern DDR Centre Ready for Useby Cameroon Tribune on 13/04/2021 at 10:58
[Cameroon Tribune] Equipment worth about FCFA 700 million expected for centre to open doors to repentant ex-combatants.
- Cameroon: Commitment Taken, Promised Fulfilledby Cameroon Tribune on 13/04/2021 at 10:57
[Cameroon Tribune] China's first consignment of Coronavirus vaccine donation arrived in Cameroon on April 11, 2021and vaccination began the following day
- Angola: Parliament to Discuss Role of Mediaby ANGOP on 13/04/2021 at 10:30
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The role of the Media in consolidating the democratic rule of law will be debated at the next ordinary plenary meeting of the National Assembly (AN), set for 22 April.
- Rwanda: Genocide Survivor Seeks to Expose Deniers in New Bookby New Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:39
[New Times] In a bid to counter deniers of the Genocide against the Tutsi, Judence Kayitesi, a Genocide survivor residing in Germany since 2010, is set to release an English translation of her book 'A Broken Life'.
- Rwanda: Nyanza Memorial Garden to Be Completed By July 4by New Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:39
[New Times] The final works of constructing 'Jardin de la Mémoire' (Garden of Memory) in honour of victims of the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi will be completed within 100 days of the 27th commemoration.
- Rwanda: Ramadan Begins on April 13 as Mufti Sounds Covid-19 Warningby New Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:39
[New Times] Muslims in Rwanda and the rest of the world will begin the holy fasting month of Ramadan on Tuesday, April 13, the Mufti of Rwanda, Sheikh Salim Hitimana has said.
- Rwanda: Normal Rainfall Expected in the Next 10 Daysby New Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:39
[New Times] Most parts of Rwanda will experience normal rains associated with thunder and moderate wind until April 20, according to the forecast from Rwanda Meteorology Agency.
- Rwanda: Kagame Rallies Leaders on Vaccine Manufacturingby New Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:39
[New Times] Kagame highlighted that there is a company that is capable of this technique, citing that it is ready and willing just as Moderna and Pfizer have been doing.
- Rwanda: Rwanda, Germany Sign Rwf90 Billion Financing Agreementsby New Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:39
[New Times] Rwandan has secured ?78 million (Approx.Rwf90 billion) grant from Germany to support decentralization, good governance, export promotion and vocational training
- Rwanda: Rwanda to Get Over $42 Million Debt Relief From IMFby New Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:39
[New Times] Rwanda is set to benefit from a $42.76 million debt service relief from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for an initial period of six months, the Fund said in a statement.
- Angola: President Praises Kimbanguista Commitment in Building Infrastructuresby ANGOP on 13/04/2021 at 09:33
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The President of the Republic, João Lourenço, praised this Sunday (11), in Luanda, the bet of the Kimbanguista Church in the construction of social infrastructures in the fields of education and health, in favour of the communities.
- Angola: Government, Unfao Mobilise Resources to Tackle Locust Swarmsby ANGOP on 13/04/2021 at 09:33
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The fight against the plague of locusts affecting the southern region of Angola will involve airborne resources to spray the affected regions with insecticides, the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) said, adding to the efforts of the Angolan government.
- Angola: Covid-19 - Angola Reports 168 Recoveries, 126 New Infectionsby ANGOP on 13/04/2021 at 09:33
[ANGOP] Luanda -- At least 168 patients recovered, 126 new cases and three deaths are the records of the last 24 hours announced, this Sunday, by the Angolan health authorities.
- Central African Republic: Why Reparations Should Come Firstby JusticeInfo.net on 13/04/2021 at 08:24
[JusticeInfo.net] With a special court that has yet to open a trial and a truth commission that is not up and running, international attention on victims in the Central African Republic is waning. Since 2015, the unfulfilled promises of justice made to these victims have failed to address their daily realities and needs for immediate moral, physical, and material reparations, writes Rim El Gantri, one of the authors of a recent study by NGOs ICTJ and Cordaid.
- Congo-Kinshasa: Tshisekedi in Full Control of New Govt - Officialby Capital FM on 13/04/2021 at 07:45
[Capital FM] Kinshasa -- Felix Tshisekedi, president of the DR Congo, is in full control of a new government unveiled Monday following a four-month power struggle with his predecessor Joseph Kabila, an official announcement indicated.
- Angola: Covid-19 - Angola Registers 95 New Cases, 35 Recoveriesby ANGOP on 13/04/2021 at 07:00
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The health authorities have registered, in the last 24 hours, 95 new cases, 35 recovered patients and one death.
- Angola: State Secretary Highlights Economic Diplomacy Advantagesby ANGOP on 13/04/2021 at 07:00
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The State Secretary for International Cooperation and Communities, Domingos Vieiras Lopes, on Monday in Luanda noted the role of Angolan diplomacy in attracting foreign investors to boost the national economy.
- Angola: Congo, Kwanza Basins With Over 500 Million Barrels of Crudeby ANGOP on 13/04/2021 at 07:00
[ANGOP] Luanda -- More than 500 million barrels of oil are available in the onshore basins of Lower Congo and Kwanza, for exploration and production by possible national and foreign investors.
- Rwanda: Local e-Commerce Firm Explores Use of USSD for Ordersby New Times on 13/04/2021 at 06:04
[New Times] Local e-commerce company Safi Run is exploring the use of USSD codes as an additional means to compliment the already existing platforms that are mainly based on the internet.
- Congo-Kinshasa: President Félix Tshisekedi Names Cabinetby Nation on 13/04/2021 at 05:39
[Nation] DR Congo President Félix Tshisekedi has named a new cabinet, two months after the appointment of Prime Minister Sama Lukonde.
- Central Africa: Great Lakes Region 'On the Right Track' to Tackling Challenges - UN Envoyby UN News on 13/04/2021 at 05:07
[UN News] Despite the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, countries in Africa's Great Lakes region are "on the right track", with leaders pushing forward on political, security and economic cooperation, UN Special Envoy Huang Xia told the Security Council on Monday.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”12″ maximgwidth=”100″]