Central African News Headlines aggregated from diverse sources, including Congolese, Rwandan, Burundi, Angolan, Namibian, Cameroonian, Chadian, Central African and Gabonese newspapers.
AllAfrica News: Central Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Africa: U.S Defense Secretary Reiterates Commitment to African Partnerson 30/09/2023 at 08:07
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The United States of America (USA) is deeply committed to ensuring that Africa enjoys all the protections of international rules and standards that promote security and prosperity.
- Sudan: Sudanese Farmer Gunned-Down in Eastern Chadby [email protected] (Dabanga) on 29/09/2023 at 07:16
[Dabanga] Gaga Camp / Idrimi Camp / El Geneina -- A Sudanese refugee of the Gaga refugee camp in eastern Chad, was shot dead on Tuesday. Elsewhere in eastern Chad on the same day, Sudanese refugees in the Irdimi camp staged a protest to demand access to vital resources.
- Angola: CAF Announces 2025/2027 Can Organizerson 29/09/2023 at 07:14
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The Confederation of African Football (CAF) Wednesday named Morocco as the organizer of the2025 African Cup of Nations, while Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya will jointly host the competition in 2027.
- Angola: Angola and Egypt Strengthen Cooperation in Infrastructure Sectoron 29/09/2023 at 07:14
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Egypt aims to increase the number of companies operating in Angola in the infrastructure sector, the country's ambassador to Angola, Mohamed Safwat said Wednesday in Luanda.
- Angola: Angola Reiterates Aim to Reach 72pct Renewable Energyon 29/09/2023 at 07:14
[ANGOP] Benguela -- The Minister of Energy and Water João Baptista Borges reiterated Wednesday the Angolan government's aim to reach 72 percent of renewable energy to diversify the country's energy matrix.
- Angola: Vice President Reaffirms Improvement in Quality of Higher Educationon 29/09/2023 at 07:14
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The Vice-President of the Republic, Esperança da Costa, on Thursday reaffirmed the Executive's commitment to improving the quality of the Higher Education subsystem, putting it at the service of inclusion, innovation and sustainable development.
- Angola: Government Approves Disability Inclusion Planon 29/09/2023 at 07:14
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The Council of Ministers on Thursday approved the Plan for the Inclusion and Support of disabled People 2023-2027 (PLANIAPED 2023-2027).
- Angola: Angolan Capital Market Gains New Instrumenton 29/09/2023 at 07:14
[ANGOP] Luanda -- As of this Wednesday, the Angolan Capital Market has a new non-banking financial institution, called Standard Gestão de Activos "SGA"(Standard Assets Management), with a focus on the management and proximity of investment portfolios application, as well as providing consultancy to investors.
- Angola: Afro Cups - Angolan Football Teams Play for Group Stage Placeson 29/09/2023 at 07:14
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The four Angolan representatives in competitions under the aegis of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) will decide this weekend on qualification for the group stage of the two main club competitions.
- Gabon: Prime Minister Says Sanctions Could Be Damaging, Military Junta Needs Timeby [email protected] (VOA) on 29/09/2023 at 07:13
[VOA] Yaounde, Cameroon -- Gabon's prime minister says international sanctions and pressure for a return to constitutional order could be devastating to the country's economy. He also says the military junta needs time to carry out reforms and a national dialogue before a projected return to civilian rule.
- Congo-Kinshasa: Children Killed, Injured, Abducted, and Face Sexual Violence in Conflict - UNICEFon 29/09/2023 at 05:00
[Unicef] The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is on track to have record levels of verified grave violations against children for a third consecutive year in 2023.
- Africa: WAFCON 2024 Qualifiers: Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire Eliminatedon 28/09/2023 at 11:43
[CAF] Cameroon, four-time finalists of the TotalEnergies Women's Africa Cup of Nations, will not play in next year's tournament in Morocco after being eliminated by Kenya on Tuesday.
- Angola: Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Meetings With President of Angola João Manuel Goncalves Lourenço and Minister of Defense João Ernersto dos Santoson 28/09/2023 at 09:13
[DOD] Pentagon Press Secretary Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder provided the following readout:
- Angola: Participatory Budgeting Has the Support of Civil Society Organizationson 28/09/2023 at 07:12
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The Secretary of State for Local Authorities, Márcio Daniel, reported on Wednesday, in Luanda, that the process of collecting contributions for the Participatory Budget, being carried out in the country's 164 municipalities, has the engagement of more than 20 civil society organizations.
- Angola: Angola Diplomat Defends Strengthening Parliamentary Cooperation With Switzerlandon 28/09/2023 at 07:12
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The Ambassador of the Republic of Angola to the Swiss Confederation, Filomena Delgado, defended this Tuesday, in Bern, a greater intensification of inter-parliamentary cooperation with Switzerland.
- Angola: Algerian Ambassador Praises Cooperation Ties With Angolaon 28/09/2023 at 07:12
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Algeria's ambassador to Angola, Abdelhakim Mihoubi, expressed today, in Luanda, his country's willingness to keep strengthening the "historic" relations between the two countries, in several domains.
- Southern Africa: Angola Seeks SADC's Common Voice in New Yorkon 28/09/2023 at 07:12
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Angola defended this Tuesday, in New York, United States of America (USA), a more united front and a common voice to safeguard SADC's position on international issues, such as peace, security, sustainable development and climate change.
- Congo-Kinshasa: Portable Ultrasounds Give Pregnant Women a Ray of Hope Amid Crisis in the Democratic Republic of the Congoby [email protected] (UNFPA) on 28/09/2023 at 04:47
[UNFPA] "Most of the women here have never had an ultrasound scan in their lives - even though on average they've already given birth more than five times," said Charmante Sibamza, a midwife in Nyiragongo, in North Kivu province.
- Africa: A Dispiriting High-Level Week at the UN as Leaders Devalue Democracyon 28/09/2023 at 00:40
[CFR] Leaders devalue democracy under the guise of standing up to the West.
- Gabon: U.S. Govt Pauses Foreign Assistance Programmeson 27/09/2023 at 11:29
[State Department] The U.S. government is pausing certain foreign assistance programs benefiting the government of Gabon while we evaluate the unconstitutional intervention by members of the country's military. This interim measure is consistent with steps taken by the Economic Community of Central African States, the African Union, and other international partners, and will continue while we review the facts on the ground in Gabon. We are continuing U.S. government operational activities in Gabon, including diplomatic and
- Kenya/Cameroon: Thank You Kenyans - Starlets Emotional After Massive Support at Nyayoon 27/09/2023 at 07:35
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Harambee Starlets head coach Beldine Odemba led her players in paying glowing tributes to Kenyans who thronged the Nyayo National Stadium on Tuesday afternoon to give them support as they downed Cameroon to make the second round of the qualifiers towards next year's Women's Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON).
- Rwanda: FIBA Africa's All-Girls Youth Camp Comes to Kigalion 27/09/2023 at 06:54
[New Times] An all-girls continental youth camp (U16) organised by FIBA Africa began on Tuesday, September 26, in Kigali, bringing together youngsters from various countries to learn from experienced coaches and instructors.
- Rwanda: Six Dams to Help Cope With Climate Quirkson 27/09/2023 at 06:52
[New Times] Despite having ample water resources, Rwanda faces a significant challenge in terms of water storage capacity, as revealed by a recent report from the Rwanda Water Resources Board.
- Rwanda: As Rwanda Eyes the Election Season Party, Tshisekedi Readies the Congolese People for Business End of the Gunon 27/09/2023 at 06:51
[New Times] It's been quite an eventful seven days since I last wrote. French news magazine, Jeune Afrique, 'broke' the worst kept political secret; President Kagame would run for President next year under the RPF-Inkotanyi banner. It's the 'worst kept secret' because everyone who was in the room during the 16th RPF Congress (on April 2) knew that, by voting for him to return as party chairman, he'd also run as the party's presidential candidate in 2024.
- Rwanda: Court Remands 'Serial Killer' Dennis Kazunguon 27/09/2023 at 06:49
[New Times] The Kicukiro Primary Court on Tuesday, September 26 remanded Dennis Kazungu who is accused of murdering 14 people, 13 of whom are women for 30 days on charges that include murder, rape, robbery, forgery, and desecration of human corpses.
- Rwanda: Rwanda Business Alliance Launched in UKon 27/09/2023 at 06:48
[New Times] The Rwanda Business Alliance was last week launched in the UK with an aim to bring the Rwandan and UK business communities closer together, according to a statement from the Rwanda High Commission in this European country.
- Rwanda/Ghana: Quite Improved Rwanda Loses to Ghana in Accraon 27/09/2023 at 06:47
[New Times] Rwanda put up an improved performance in the second leg of the 2024 WAFCON qualifier against Ghana on Tuesday, September 26, at Accra Sports Stadium despite losing 5-0.
- Rwanda: Prosecution Speaks Out On Pierre Kayondo, the Genocide Suspect Arrested in Franceon 27/09/2023 at 06:44
[New Times] The National Public Prosecution Authority (NPPA) has issued a statement regarding Pierre Kayondo, a fugitive of the Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda, who was recently arrested and indicted in France.
- Angola: Economic Commission Approves New Remuneration Structureon 27/09/2023 at 06:11
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The Economic Commission of the Council of Ministers approved on Tuesday the roadmap for the implementation of the New Remuneration Architecture of Public Administration (RINAR).
- Angola: How Angola Is Tapping Space Technology for Developing Key Sectorson 27/09/2023 at 04:46
[RFI] The Angolan space agency, which was established in 2013, is using space technology to map United Nations' sutainable development goals in the country.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”12″ maximgwidth=”100″]