Central African News Headlines aggregated from diverse sources, including Congolese, Rwandan, Burundi, Angolan, Namibian, Cameroonian, Chadian, Central African and Gabonese newspapers.
AllAfrica News: Central Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Cameroon: Angola Upholds Supremacyby Cameroon Tribune on 17/06/2021 at 07:52
[Cameroon Tribune] The African champions were the first team to qualify for the semi-finals and they have equally secured a ticket for the World Cup in Spain.
- Cameroon: Star Building - Chamber of Commerce Solicits Supportby Cameroon Tribune on 17/06/2021 at 07:52
[Cameroon Tribune] Prime Minister Joseph Dion Ngute on June 15, 2021 had a working session with a delegation of officials of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Cameroon: Decentralisation - Feicom, Regional Councils Concertby Cameroon Tribune on 17/06/2021 at 07:52
[Cameroon Tribune] Partnership prospects are being examined by the institutions in an ongoing meeting in Yaounde.
- Cameroon: Diplomacy - Cameroon's Know-How Appreciatedby Cameroon Tribune on 17/06/2021 at 07:52
[Cameroon Tribune] Outgoing Acting Ambassador of the United States to Cameroon, Vernelle Trim Fitzpatrick made the remark at a farewell audience accorded her by Minister Mbella Mbella on June 15.
- Cameroon: AFCON Total Energies 2021 - CAF Maintains Cameroon's Hosting Rightsby Cameroon Tribune on 17/06/2021 at 07:52
[Cameroon Tribune] The assurance was given by the SG of the African football governing body, Veron Mosengo-Omba after a meeting with the local organising committee (COCAN) on June 15, 2021
- Cameroon: North West, South West - Commonwealth Appreciates Peace Measuresby Cameroon Tribune on 17/06/2021 at 07:52
[Cameroon Tribune] Prime Minister Joseph Dion Ngute on June 15, 2021 had an online consultation with the Secretary General of the Commonwealth, the Rt. Hon. Patricia Scotland.
- Congo-Kinshasa: Tighter Anti-Covid Measures as DR Congo Fights Third Waveby East African on 17/06/2021 at 07:45
[East African] DR Congo President Félix Tshisekedi on Tuesday re-imposed several measures aimed at combating the third wave of Covid-19 infections, which was declared on June 3.
- Cameroon: CAF Sets New Date for Afcon Draw, Reassures Cameroon Will Host Tourneyby Nation on 17/06/2021 at 05:55
[Nation] Yaounde -- The Secretary General of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) Veron Mosengo-Omba has said the delayed draws for next year's rescheduled Africa Cup of Nations will take place in Yaounde within the first 15 days of August.
- Uganda: Museveni, Tshisekedi to Launch Mpondwe Bridgeby Monitor on 16/06/2021 at 11:03
[Monitor] President Museveni and his DR Congo counterpart Felix Tshisekedi are this morning expected to officially launch Mpondwe Bridge in Kasese District.
- Rwanda: Basketball - We Shall Fight to Stay on Top, Says REG Boss Mwinukaby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 11:00
[New Times] Rwanda Energy Group (REG) head coach Henry Mwinuka is confident his side can maintain their unbeaten run to stay top of Group B during the ongoing National Basketball League.
- Rwanda: FERWACY Unveils Itineraries for 2021 Road Championshipby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 10:58
[New Times] The cycling governing body (FERWACY) has unveiled the itineraries for the upcoming 2021 Rwanda National Road Championship slated for Sunday, June 20, from which the top rider will be crowned as the best performing rider of the year.
- Rwanda: Basketball - IPRC-Huye Eye Second League Titleby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 10:56
[New Times] After a good start to the new season, IPRC-Huye women basketball team have set themselves an ambitious target of winning their second league title in history, in the 2020/2021 season.
- Rwanda: UR-Huye Students Share Lessons Learned From Catholic Parish-Turned Genocide Memorialby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 10:52
[New Times] Some 50 students from University of Rwanda-Huye campus on June 11 visited Ntarama Genocide Memorial in Bugesera where they toured the different sections of what used to be a place of worship.
- Rwanda: Commuters Urged to Be Patient as Covid-19 Disrupts Public Transportby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 10:32
[New Times] Following the enforcement of new national Covid-19 guidelines on Monday, June 15, which saw curfew time brought forward by an hour and public transport operators required not to exceed half the passenger capacity, public transport has become a nightmare for many in the City of Kigali.
- Rwanda: Covid-19 Vaccine Mixing - Where Does Rwanda Stand?by New Times on 16/06/2021 at 10:29
[New Times] Some new studies report that a combination of Covid vaccines could trigger stronger immune responses than sticking with one kind of shot. That is why countries like Canada and France allow individuals to receive the second dose of vaccine of their choice, even if it would be different from the type they received on the first dose.
- Rwanda: Covid-19 - WB Approves U.S.$150 Million for Rwandan Businessesby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 10:23
[New Times] The World Bank Group on Tuesday 15 approved $150 million to support Rwanda increase access to finance with an aim to support recovery of businesses affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Rwanda: Police FC 'Suspend' Head Coach Haringingoby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 09:48
[New Times] Police FC have suspended their head coach Francis Haringingo for the remaining league games this season.
- Rwanda: Why Rwf29 Billion Market for Fresh Produce Was Put on Holdby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 09:47
[New Times] The construction of the Kigali Wholesale Market for fresh produce has yet again been put on hold as the government continues to search for sources of financing.
- Congo-Kinshasa: DR Congo to Grace Cecafa Tourneyby Nairobi News on 16/06/2021 at 08:57
[Nairobi News] The Confederation of East and Central Africa Football Associations (Cecafa) has invited the Democratic Republic of Congo's (DRC) under 23 football team to participate in the Challenge Cup slated for next month as a guest nation.
- Rwanda: Volleyball - Rwanda Drawn in Group A at World Championshipsby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 08:56
[New Times] The national under-20 women volleyball team has been drawn in Group A, alongside Brazil, Netherlands and Dominican Republic, at the upcoming 2021 (FIVB) World Championships that runs from July 9-18.
- Rwanda: Rusesabagina Case Resumes, Prosecution Set to Ask for Penaltiesby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 08:54
[New Times] The case in which Paul Rusesabagina along with 20 others are being tried in connection to terror crimes perpetrated against Rwandan citizens is set to resume on Wednesday, June 16 at the High Court Chamber for International and Cross-Border Crimes sitting in Kigali.
- Rwanda: Kigali Named Among Top 50 Cities With Innovative Responses to Covid-19by New Times on 16/06/2021 at 08:22
[New Times] Kigali has been named among the 50 finalist cities in the 2021 Global Mayors Challenge, a global innovation competition that identifies and accelerates the most ambitious ideas developed by cities in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Rwanda: Covid-19 Spike 'Won't Derail' Phased Reopening of Gaming Industryby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 08:22
[New Times] The recent spike in Covid-19 cases, especially in the City of Kigali, will not affect a plan laid out a fortnight ago for a phased reopening of the gaming industry, it has emerged.
- Rwanda: Role of Media in UPR Process is Crucial - Busingyeby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 08:20
[New Times] Members of the media have been called to take part in the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) process, which evaluates human rights situations in countries around the globe.
- Cameroon: 31st Day of the African Child - UNICEF, MINAS Discuss Child Abuse, Exploitationby Cameroon Tribune on 16/06/2021 at 08:12
[Cameroon Tribune] Stakeholders meeting in Yaounde on June 15, 2021 also proffered solutions to the neglect of children and the violence perpetrated against them.
- Congo-Kinshasa: Radio Journalist Threatened By Soldierby RSF on 16/06/2021 at 08:04
[RSF] Reporters Without Borders (RSF) is extremely concerned to learn that a radio journalist in Ituri, one of the two provinces in the northeastern Democratic Republic of Congo that has been under a state of siege since 6 May, was threatened by a soldier in connection with his reporting. This intimidation attempt marks yet another step backwards for journalists' safety in the DRC, RSF says.
- Africa: CAF New Office in Yaoundé to Work With Cameroon in Totalenergies Afcon Preparationsby CAF on 16/06/2021 at 08:01
[CAF] CAF General Secretary, Veron Mosengo-Omba together with Minister of Sports, Prof. Narcisse Mouelle Kombi and FECAFOOT President Seidou Mbombo Njoya today, 15 June 2021 opened a new office in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
- Africa: Is the Lake Chad Basin Suffering From Too Much Attention?by ISS on 16/06/2021 at 06:42
[ISS] Responses to violent extremism in the Lake Chad Basin are growing in both number and nature. Development, peacebuilding and humanitarian projects have increased since the crisis started more than a decade ago, and yet the violence in Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Nigeria persists.
- Rwanda: Manufacturers Shelve Reusable Pads Projects as RSB 'Drags Feet' on Approvalsby New Times on 16/06/2021 at 05:17
[New Times] Local companies and non-government organisations interested in producing reusable sanitary pads say that the failure by the Rwanda Standards Board (RSB) to put in place guidelines has halted production forcing some to indefinitely abandon the idea.
- East Africa: Burundi Reopens Borders With Tanzania, Suspends Mandatory Quarantineby Nation on 15/06/2021 at 14:58
[Nation] Burundi on Monday reopened its Kobero-Kabanga and Mugina borders with Tanzania, which were closed due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”12″ maximgwidth=”100″]