Central African News Headlines aggregated from diverse sources, including Congolese, Rwandan, Burundi, Angolan, Namibian, Cameroonian, Chadian, Central African and Gabonese newspapers.
AllAfrica News: Central Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Nigeria: Malami to Represent Buhari At Rwanda's Anti-Corruption Award on 09/12/2019 at 06:22
[This Day] Abuja -The Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), will be representing President Muhammadu Buhari at the fourth edition of the Sheikh Tamim International Anti-Corruption Excellence Award ceremony holding on Monday, December 9 in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Rwanda: You Have Everything to Grow Yourself, Kagame to Young People on 09/12/2019 at 06:12
[New Times] President Kagame emphasized the idea that entrepreneurship is generally about having the right mindset.
- Rwanda: Two Late Goals Against Gasogi Power APR to Six-Point Lead on 09/12/2019 at 05:25
[New Times] With the rest of the top four teams yet to play their weekend matches, APR have opened up a six-point lead following their dramatic 3-2 win over Gasogi United at Kigali Stadium on Saturday.
- Rwanda: Handball - Police and Nairobi Water Crowned Regional Champions on 09/12/2019 at 05:25
[New Times] Rwanda's Police handball club (men) and Kenya's Nairobi Water (women) were on Saturday crowned regional champions after winning titles of the 2019 East and Central Africa Handball Federation (ECAHF) tournament in Kigali.
- Rwanda: Hillsong London Thrill Kigali Gospel Music Lovers on 09/12/2019 at 05:25
[New Times] "No concert like this has ever been here," exclaimed a reveller at the end of the Hillsong London concert.
- Rwanda: Eastern Province Wood Processors Seek Upgrade, Forestation on 09/12/2019 at 05:25
[New Times] The wood processing industry in Eastern Province is in a more peculiar situation than any other area in the country as local harvestable forests become scarce plus the rising cost of timber.
- Rwanda: Rwanda Cycling Cup - Munyaneza Wins Final Race As Uwihirwe Secures Overall Victory on 09/12/2019 at 05:25
[New Times] Renus Byiza Uhiriwe completed a historic victory as the youngster Rwanda Cycling Cup winner on Saturday, with teammate Didier Munyaneza clinching the final race of the season.
- Rwanda: Kigali Hosts Inaugural Kusi Ideas Festival on 09/12/2019 at 05:25
[New Times] Rwanda will on Sunday host the launch of the knowledge-based product known asKusi Ideas Festival, an annual international ideas conference which will be held in Kigali.
- Rwanda: Rusumo Project - Energy Ministers Want Power Plant Completion Before 2021 on 09/12/2019 at 05:15
[New Times] Although the progress of construction works of 80MW Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Project (RRFHP) are at 59 percent, Ministers in charge of Energy in Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania have rejected the suggestion of the contractors that it will be completed in July 2021.
- Rwanda: French Paper Takes Aim at Genocide Fugitives on 09/12/2019 at 05:15
[New Times] A French media publication, based in Rouen, capital of the northern French region of Normandy, and a port city on the river Seine, has put the spotlight on the activities of Rwandan genocide fugitives residing there.
- Rwanda: Rwanda, DR Congo to Vaccinate Over 700,000 People Against Ebola on 09/12/2019 at 05:15
[New Times] Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo Sunday unveiled a massive vaccination campaign against Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) for their residents who live within the vicinity of a possible Ebola outbreak.
- Rwanda: Dairy Farmers Cautioned Against Antibiotics on 09/12/2019 at 05:15
[New Times] Antibiotic residues in milk are threatening its quality and that of other dairy products as well as income of farmers who have spent resources on its production, actors in the dairy sector have said.
- Rwanda: Rwanda to Use Chinese Experts for Minerals Exploration on 09/12/2019 at 05:15
[New Times] China has dispatched mining experts to Rwanda to implement a three-year cooperative project to carry out geochemical survey to determine the full mineral potential across the country by using satellite remote sensing technology.
- Rwanda: Meteorology Agency Warns of More Heavy Rains on 09/12/2019 at 05:15
[New Times] Rwanda Meteorology Agency has warned that heavy rains could persist up to the end of December, a situation that requires all sectors to adapt to disaster effects that will come as a result.
- Rwanda: The Africa We Want for the Next 60 Years - Kusi Festival Kicks Off in Rwanda on 09/12/2019 at 05:12
[East African] This year's Kusi Ideas Festival officially kicked off this morning at the Intare Conference arena in Kigali, Rwanda, in what promises to be an illuminating discussion about the future of the continent.
- Angola: Luanda Hospitals Need 290 Units of Blood Daily on 08/12/2019 at 12:23
[ANGOP] Luanda -Luanda province has a need for 290 blood units of 450 ml of blood daily, said Friday in Luanda, the director-general of the National Blood Institute, Deodete Machado, on Friday.
- East Africa: The East African Court of Justice Throws Out Case On Nkurunziza Third Term on 08/12/2019 at 12:16
[East African] The East African Court of Justice has dismissed a case against the Burundi government which sought to block President Pierre Nkurunziza's 2015 move to vie for a third term.
- Tanzania: Blow to Northern Corridor As Tanzania Signs Deal to Link SGR to Burundi, DRC on 08/12/2019 at 09:55
[East African] Tanzania has signed an agreement to link its Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) to Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo, in a deal that gives Dar es Salaam's multi-billion-dollar project a major shot in the arm.
- Somalia: At Least 8 People Killed As Al-Shaba Attacks Bus Along Kenya-Somalia Border on 07/12/2019 at 10:22
[Dalsan Radio] Several people are feared dead after suspected Al-Shabaab militants attacked a Mandera-bound bus between Kutulo and Wargadud in Wajir County on December 6.
- Cameroon: Cameroon Asks UN, Foreign Donors to Help With Reconstruction on 07/12/2019 at 08:40
[VOA] YAOUNDE - Diplomats, U.N. agency heads, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) converged this week to discuss rebuilding towns and villages scarred by the separatist war in Cameroon.
- Cameroon: Governor Urges Proprietors to Reopen Schools on 07/12/2019 at 06:45
[Cameroon Tribune] Bernard Okalia Bilai chaired a joint meeting with stakeholders of secondary and higher education yesterday.
- Rwanda: Why It Is Museveni's Responsibility to End What He Started on 07/12/2019 at 06:32
[New Times] For anyone wanting to understand the reasons behind a conflict, a war, a standoff and the like, usually the first question to ask is: Who started it?
- Rwanda: Women and Community Ownership Have Made a Difference, Says Health Minister on 07/12/2019 at 06:32
[New Times] Rwanda is one of the few countries, globally, that are on track to achieve the 90-90-90 UNAIDS targets. Visiting Indian media personality Shobha Shukla spoke with Health minister Dr Diane Gashumba on the margins of ICASA 2019 - the 20th International Conference on AIDS and sexually transmitted infections in Africa, which will come to an end on Saturday in Kigali.
- Rwanda: Why As Kigali's Nshimiyimana Is Next in the Sack Race on 07/12/2019 at 06:32
[New Times] AS KIGALI were supposed to be one of the main challengers for the Rwanda Premier League title this season, with most pundits suggesting that they looked like a side that would finally halt the dominance of APR and Rayon Sports.
- Rwanda: Arv Access for Children 'Key to Eliminating HIV' on 07/12/2019 at 06:32
[New Times] The United Nations Programme for HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) target of ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 will remain a mirage if children and young people are not given access to Anti-retro viral treatment, medics have said.
- Rwanda: Muhanga Intermediate Court Judges Arrested for Corruption on 07/12/2019 at 06:32
[New Times] Rwanda Investigation Bureau (RIB) has arrested two Intermediate Court judges and a Registrar on suspicion of corruption.
- Rwanda: How Achievable Are the 2020 Global Goals On HIV? on 07/12/2019 at 06:32
[New Times] We are just a few days away to the year 2020, where the world will have to have achieved the 90-90-90 target that stipulates; 90 per cent of all people living with HIV will know their HIV status, 90 per cent of all people with diagnosed HIV infection will receive sustained antiretroviral therapy and 90 per cent of all people receiving antiretroviral therapy will have viral suppression.
- Rwanda: Ensure Our Laws Serve the People, Kagame to New Judiciary Leaders on 07/12/2019 at 06:32
[New Times] President Paul Kagame on Friday urged the incoming top leaders of the judiciary to uphold the rule of law in the interest of the citizens and the country, adding that it would contribute to the country's transformation.
- Africa: Act Now! Involve Young People to End HIV in Africa to Ensure No One Is Left Behind on 07/12/2019 at 05:30
[UNFPA] KIGALI, Rwanda, International Conference on AIDS and STIs in Africa (ICASA)--As the pillars of our communities, girls have the agency to bring about change for themselves and those around them, said Jeannette Kagame, Rwanda's First Lady.
- Burundi: Dozens Killed in Cibitoke Landslide on 06/12/2019 at 08:51
[East African] At least 26 people have been confirmed dead and seven others injured in a landslide in Burundi's Cibitoke province, northwest of the country.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”12″ maximgwidth=”100″]