Central African News Headlines aggregated from diverse sources, including Congolese, Rwandan, Burundi, Angolan, Namibian, Cameroonian, Chadian, Central African and Gabonese newspapers.
AllAfrica News: Central Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Congo-Kinshasa: Lakes in the Democratic Republic of Congo Are Contested Spaces. Here's Whyby The Conversation Africa on 16/01/2022 at 11:06
[The Conversation Africa] The lakes of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) play a big part in people's lives - socially, politically and economically. But lake fishing communities find themselves at the intersection of geography, war and authority, as rebel groups and conservation managers also claim spaces and resources.
- Angola: Angolan Migrants Who Fled Drought Start Return Homeby VOA on 15/01/2022 at 13:02
[VOA] Windhoek, Namibia -- Namibian authorities say thousands of Angolans who entered Namibia in the past year to escape drought back home, have been returning amid fresh rains. Authorities this month said at least 18 Angolan infants, whose parents fled hunger, died in Namibia from malnutrition.
- Ghana/Gabon: Allevinah Denies Black Stars Victory, Ugly Scenes Ensueby Premium Times on 15/01/2022 at 12:18
[Premium Times] Ghana conceded a late goal that dims their chance of getting to the second round
- Uganda: Local Youtuber Narrates His Escape to Uganda, Returnby New Times on 14/01/2022 at 11:00
[New Times] It is a few minutes past noon, on a hot Thursday in Gicumbi district, Byumba sector in the remote Nyamabuye village.
- Cameroon: A Steadier Hand Steers Cameroon's Resurgenceby New Frame on 14/01/2022 at 10:58
[New Frame] The past decade has been topsy-turvy for Cameroonian football, but the Indomitable Lions can return to the top of African football now that their manager shuffle seems to have ended.
- Africa: Match Facts - Gabon V Ghanaby CAF on 14/01/2022 at 07:57
[CAF] Gabon faces Ghana as both sides go to their second match in Group C of the ongoing TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations, Cameroon 2021.
- Cameroon: 'Citizens Should Take Hate Speech Perpetrators to Court'by Cameroon Tribune on 14/01/2022 at 07:34
[Cameroon Tribune] Professor Elvis Ngolle Ngolle, Political Scientist.
- Cameroon: Incest - Family Rape Keeps Increasing!by Cameroon Tribune on 14/01/2022 at 07:34
[Cameroon Tribune] Authorities say it is time for victims to speak out so that the perpetrators face the law.
- Tunisia/Cameroon: Mali-Tunisia - Mali Picks Three Pointsby Cameroon Tribune on 14/01/2022 at 07:34
[Cameroon Tribune] The lone goal gave the advantage to Mali in a match that the referee unexpectedly ended at the 89th minute prompting a protest from Tunisia.
- Cameroon/Ethiopia: Cameroon-Ethiopia - Lions Seek Early Qualificationby Cameroon Tribune on 14/01/2022 at 07:34
[Cameroon Tribune] If they win their second group game against the Walya today at the Olembe stadium, the team will get the necessary points to sail to the round of 16.
- Cameroon: Hate Speech - Law Provides Heavy Sanctionsby Cameroon Tribune on 14/01/2022 at 07:34
[Cameroon Tribune] The penal code clearly outlines punishment for anyone guilty of propagating hate speech.
- Ethiopia/Cameroon: Ruthless Cameroon Beat Ethiopia to Book Last 16 Placeby CAF on 14/01/2022 at 04:11
[CAF] Indomitable Lions of Cameroon became the first team to book their place in the knockout stage of the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations Cameroon 2021 following their 4-1 thrashing of Ethiopia at Olembe Stadium in Yaoundé.
- Rwanda: Covid-19 - Restrictions On Concerts Relaxedby New Times on 13/01/2022 at 16:56
[New Times] Rwanda Development Board (RDB) has approved the resumption of concerts among other new guidelines following recent cabinet resolutions, according to a statement issued on Thursday January 13.
- Africa: Cote d'Ivoire Muscle Past Equatorial Guinea At Cup of Nationsby RFI on 13/01/2022 at 08:51
[RFI] Cote D'Ivoire seized temporary command of Group E on Wednesday night with a robust 1-0 victory over Equatorial Guinea.
- Africa: Ghanaian Coach Takes Milo to Task ... but Tips Stars to Beat Gabonby Ghanaian Times on 13/01/2022 at 08:41
[Ghanaian Times] A Liberia-based Ghanaian coach, Samuel Quaye, has said the Black Stars, would have to put in a lot more energy in their next Group C game against Gabon.
- Rwanda: Rwandan Firms Look to Diversify Into New Overseas Marketsby New Times on 13/01/2022 at 07:44
[New Times] A delegation of 56 Rwandan business leaders visited the Central African Republic (CAR) last April and soon after formed a company, the Investissement Futur de l'Afrique (IFA) Ltd, as they looked to tap into opportunities there.
- Rwanda: African Startups Raise $5 Billion As Global Investors Show Confidence in Continentby New Times on 13/01/2022 at 07:44
[New Times] Investments in African firms across different sectors doubled in 2021 as global investors sought to tap into the growing opportunities on the continent.
- Rwanda: Ferwahand Elections to Be Held On March 5by New Times on 13/01/2022 at 07:44
[New Times] The Rwanda Handball Federation (Ferwahand) will hold their general assembly on March 5, with elections for a new executive committee topping the day's agenda.
- Rwanda: Basketball - Reg Begin Preps for Bal 2022by New Times on 13/01/2022 at 07:44
[New Times] Rwanda Energy Group (REG) basketball, Rwanda's representatives in the second edition of the Basketball Africa League (BAL), have started preparations for the tournament that gets underway in March.
- Rwanda: Four Dangerous Attacking Duos in 2021/22 Rwanda Premier Leagueby New Times on 13/01/2022 at 07:44
[New Times] With the title race for the 2021/22 Rwanda Premier League looking wide open, some clubs are thriving in the topflight league after investing millions of Rwandan francs in building their attacking departments.
- Rwanda: China to Donate 4 Million Doses of Covid-19 Vaccines to Rwandaby New Times on 13/01/2022 at 06:41
[New Times] China will donate at least four million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine to Rwanda this year, according to information from the Chinese Embassy.
- Cameroon: Opposition Senator Abducted and Murdered in English-Speaking Regionby RFI on 13/01/2022 at 06:00
[RFI] Action in Group F got underway in Limbé on Wednesday under the shadow of possible separatist violence after the body of the opposition senator Henry Kemende was found in the North West Region - one of the Anglophone provinces in Cameroon where conflict has raged between armed secessionists and government forces.
- Cameroon: Opposition Senator Shot Dead in Anglophone Regionby DW on 13/01/2022 at 05:36
[DW] A prominent lawyer and opposition lawmaker was shot dead by suspected separatist fighters in Cameroon's restive English-speaking North West region.
- Cote d'Ivoire/Equatorial Guinea: Gradel Leads Cote d'Ivoire to Victory in AFCON Group Eby CAF on 13/01/2022 at 04:44
[CAF] All eyes were on Group E once again as Cote d'Ivoire played out an entertaining match against Equatorial Guinea in their opening fixture of the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations at the Japoma Stadium in Douala on Wednesday.
- Cameroon: Gunfire Ahead of AFCON Games in Restive Anglophone Regionby allAfrica on 12/01/2022 at 15:03
[allAfrica] There have been reports that the Malian team has suspended training in the restive south West region of Buea after sporadic shooting this morning between the military and separatists fighters. The team was training at the Molyko stadium in Buea.
- Niger: Bitter Christmas in Niger for the International Justice Statelessby JusticeInfo.net on 12/01/2022 at 07:56
[JusticeInfo.net] Arusha -- Even in their worst nightmares, the eight Rwandans never imagined being in a worse dead-end than the one they were living in Arusha. Although they were acquitted or released years ago from the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR), no country wanted them. These famous stateless were no longer expecting much when suddenly they were given three days to pack their bags. Niger would take them in! But nothing went as planned...
- Rwanda: Ur Students in Campaign to Fight Stunting in Bureraby New Times on 12/01/2022 at 05:57
[New Times] Students from the University of Rwanda (UR)'s School of Public Health have started a three-day campaign in Burera District in a bid to increase community's awareness about the benefits of healthy nutrition.
- Kenya: Andre Cassa Mbungo - the Rwandan Coach Taking Kenyan League By Stormby New Times on 12/01/2022 at 05:57
[New Times] Rwandan gaffer Andre Cassa Mbungo seems to have finally arrived. The experienced trainer is currently carving a niche for himself at Kenyan side Bandari FC and he is on the front-line in their quest to lift the long elusive league title.
- Rwanda: Experts Call for Awareness On Safe Disposal of Face Masksby New Times on 12/01/2022 at 05:57
[New Times] Face masks are essential for controlling the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic and they have become an everyday accessory.
- East Africa: Burundi and Rwanda On a Reconciliation Pathby ISS on 12/01/2022 at 05:51
[ISS] As insecurity in the Great Lakes deepens, the commitment of both countries' leaders to normalise relations is a positive step.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”12″ maximgwidth=”100″]