Central African News Headlines aggregated from diverse sources, including Congolese, Rwandan, Burundi, Angolan, Namibian, Cameroonian, Chadian, Central African and Gabonese newspapers.
AllAfrica News: Central Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Rwanda: Put Citizens' Interests Before Self, Senate Caucus Told on 19/01/2020 at 21:06
[New Times] François Ngarambe, the Secretary-General of the ruling Rwanda Patriotic Front (RPF-Inkotanyi), has told senators affiliated to the party to always put people's interests above their own.
- Rwanda: Rayon Thrash Espoir to Cut Gap On APR to Four Points on 19/01/2020 at 11:52
[New Times] RAYON Sports returned to their winning ways with a thumping 3-0 win over Espoir on Saturday as they cut the gap on Rwanda Premier League leaders APR to four points.
- Rwanda: Sports Ministry Tips Team Rwanda for Amissa Bongo Glory on 19/01/2020 at 11:39
[New Times] The Permanent Secretary at the Ministry for Sports, Didier Shema Maboko, has tipped Team Rwanda to shine at the 2020 La Tropicale Amissa Bongo race, which gets underway Monday.
- Angola: Lourenço Reiterates Measures to Attract Investments on 18/01/2020 at 21:54
[ANGOP] Luanda -Angolan president, João Lourenço, Friday reiterated the continuation of the measures to make the investment processes easier in the country, with aim to attract all sorts of investors to an economy being quickly and positively restructured.
- Angola: South Korea Reiterates Support for Angola Education Sector on 18/01/2020 at 21:51
[ANGOP] Ndalatando -The ambassador of the Republic of South Korea accredited to Angola, Kim Chang Sik, said this Saturday, in Ndalatando, that his country will continue to support education projects underway in Angola, within the scope of bilateral cooperation.
- Angola: Over Five Million Children Get Polio Vaccine on 18/01/2020 at 21:50
[ANGOP] Luanda -At least five million children were vaccinated in the country in 2019 to fight poliomyelitis during the campaigns promoted by the Ministry of Health, said last Friday in Luanda, the minister Sílvia Lutucuta.
- Rwanda: Sets Aside U.S.$10 Million for CHOGM Sprucing of Kigali on 18/01/2020 at 13:46
[East African] Rwanda is pulling all stops in its preparations to host the 26th Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) slated for June 22 to 27. The biennial summit was last held in East Africa in 2007 in Kampala.
- East Africa: Rwandan Soaps Top Watch List on 18/01/2020 at 13:40
[East African] Despite being relatively new and still developing, Rwandan content creators have established a niche in TV soap opera production, and are increasingly taking up space on local channels.
- Tanzania: Azam to Sponsor Rwanda Top Flight Side Sc Kiyovu on 18/01/2020 at 12:18
[Daily News] TANZANIAN pay television Company Azam TV has agreed to sponsor Rwanda Premier League side SC Kiyovu to a tune of Rwf1132 million over the next four years.
- Angola: Diamond Projects Generate Over Thousand Jobs on 18/01/2020 at 11:11
[ANGOP] Dundo -More than a thousand jobs will be generated with the entry into operation, in the next four months, of three new diamond projects in the province of Lunda Norte, announced today, Friday, the chairman of the board of Endiama, Ganga Júnior.
- Rwanda: Rwanda Opens New Embassy in Rabat on 17/01/2020 at 13:22
[Rwanda Govt] Wednesday, 15 January 2020 - A Rwandan embassy was officially inaugurated in Rabat, Morocco. The ceremony was graced by Minister of State in charge of the East African Community, Amb. Olivier Nduhungirehe and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, African cooperation and Moroccan people living abroad, Mr. Nasser Bourita.
- Tanzania: Illegal Entry Lands Three Burundi Nationals in Jail on 17/01/2020 at 12:21
[Daily News] THREE Burundians have been sentenced to two years in jail each after they failed to pay a fine of 700,000/- each. The three have been convicted of illegal entry into the country via Lake Tanganyika.
- Cameroon: Inclusive Government on 17/01/2020 at 09:50
[Cameroon Tribune] The wait for the first government of "Greater Opportunities" is now history. The men and women expected to assist President Paul Biya deliver on his campaign promises have been unveiled. Hence, exit speculations on who could be where in the Mr Biya's starting line-up.
- Angola: Reintegration of Khoisan People in Cuando Cubango Highlighted on 17/01/2020 at 08:51
[ANGOP] Menongue -The south-eastern Cuando Cubango Province's vice governor for political, social and economic sector, Carla Cativa, last Wednesday highlighted the partnership between the government and non-governmental organizations in supporting the Khoisan community.
- Congo-Kinshasa: Mistrust Provokes Attack on Red Cross Volunteers in Ebola-Affected Community on 17/01/2020 at 08:50
[VOA] The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies says that community mistrust was the cause of an attack on Red Cross volunteers in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo this week. The attack took place during a burial service for an Ebola victim in Ituri province.
- Rwanda: Mashami to Stay on as Amavubi Head Coach on 17/01/2020 at 08:12
[New Times] RWANDA Football Federation (Ferwafa) has confirmed that Vincent Mashami will stay on as head coach of the senior men's football team, Amavubi, after his current contract ran out in November.
- Rwanda: APR Seal Massive Four-Year Sponsorship Deal With Azam on 17/01/2020 at 08:11
[New Times] APR FC have struck a huge shirt sponsorship deal with Azam Group worth Rwf57 million a year.
- Angola: Angola Praises Efforts for Stability in DRC on 17/01/2020 at 07:33
[ANGOP] Luanda -Angola on Tuesday in New York, USA, defended the efforts of the government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) towards reconciliation and stability in that African country, as well as the promotion of cooperation and regional integration.
- Angola: MPLA Vice President Welcomes Open Society Representative on 17/01/2020 at 07:10
[ANGOP] Luanda -MPLA Vice-President Luísa Damião received this Thursday, in Luanda, the Executive Director of the Open Society Foundation for Africa, Sinphosami Malunga, with whom she analyzed aspects related to the operation of the organization in Angola.
- Angola: MED Holds First General Education Meeting on 17/01/2020 at 07:09
[ANGOP] Luanda -The Ministry of Education (MED) holds on Friday, in Luanda, the first meeting of general education, with the purpose of promoting an evaluation of the methodologies of the teaching and learning process.
- Angola: Commission Analyses Environmental Program on 17/01/2020 at 06:54
[ANGOP] Luanda -The Committee on Social Policy of the Council of Ministers on Thursday assessed the National Program for Environmental Quality, which aims to improve the living quality of people in urban, periurban and rural areas.
- Angola: Army Commander Defends Greater Interaction With Population on 17/01/2020 at 06:53
[ANGOP] Huambo -Army Commander General Gouveia João de Sá Miranda said Thursday in Huambo that the improvement of forms of interaction with the population through participation in social activities, with emphasis on natural and other disasters sports, still deserve special attention from the branch.
- Rwanda: Nyanza High Court to Rule on Competence to Try Nsabimana on 17/01/2020 at 06:16
[New Times] The High Court Chamber for International Crimes in Nyanza District is expected to decide today on whether terror suspect Callixte Nsabimana will be tried in a civilian or military court.
- Rwanda: Govt to Repossess Idle Farms in Eastern Province on 17/01/2020 at 06:16
[New Times] People who own tracts of land they received over ten years ago during the land redistribution exercise in Eastern Province and have not put that land to use are likely to lose it next month.
- Rwanda: Airtel-Tigo Rebrands, Launches New Campaign on 17/01/2020 at 06:16
[New Times] As it celebrates its eighth anniversary in the Rwanda market, Airtel, the Indian-based telecom giant has acquired a 12-year unified license to operate as Airtel Rwanda, after operating for two years as Airtel-Tigo.
- Rwanda: GBV - the Silent Menace of Trauma Among Victims on 17/01/2020 at 06:16
[New Times] In a slum perched on a slope just below Mount Kigali, is a tiny two-bedroomed tin-roofed house among many similar ones.
- Rwanda: Weather Agency Warns of 'Above Average' Rain on 17/01/2020 at 06:16
[New Times] Southwestern Rwanda is predicted to receive more rains in the first three months of the year than the previous years, according to the latest national seasonal forecast.
- Rwanda: Court Rejects Terror Suspects' Bail Appeal on 17/01/2020 at 06:16
[New Times] Nyarugenge Intermediate Court has rejected a bail appeal filed by four men suspected of plotting terror activities on Rwandan territory through an Islamic fundamentalist movement.
- Burundi: EU Parliament Calls for Release of Burundi Journalists on 16/01/2020 at 13:38
[HRW] The European Parliament today adopted a resolution condemning the continued deterioration of the human rights situation in Burundi ahead of the May 2020 elections. It also called on authorities to drop charges and immediately and unconditionally release four journalists working for Iwacu, one of the country's last remaining independent newspapers, and all others arrested for exercising their fundamental rights.
- Angola: Former Combatants Get Houses on 16/01/2020 at 11:57
[ANGOP] Moçamedes -At least fifty-four former combatants and veterans of the homeland in Namibe province benefited today (Wednesday) from residences located in the centralities of 5 de Abril and Praia Amélia, as part of the program to improve the living conditions of the assisted.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”12″ maximgwidth=”100″]