Tanzania-related News aggregated from different sources.
AllAfrica News: Tanzania All Africa, All the Time.
- Tanzania Taps Solar Energy to Boost Youth Employmenton 28/09/2023 at 10:03
[Daily News] Arusha -- ARUSHA: MORE than 200 young people from four regions have been trained in renewable energy skills to help them secure employment in the environment-friendly sources of fuel.
- How Tanzania, China Ties Spearhead Socio-Economic Developmenton 28/09/2023 at 10:03
[Daily News] DAR ES SALAAM: AS Tanzania and China mark 60th anniversary of diplomatic ties next year, the two countries boast of comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership, which has contributed immensely to the socio-economic development of its people.
- Reflections On President Suluhu Hassan's Directives to 'Stop Hijacking' the Constitutional Debateon 28/09/2023 at 10:03
[Daily News] REFLECTIONS on President Samia's directives to 'stop hijacking' the constitutional debate "Stop hijacking the constitutional debate" so ordered President Samia Suluhu Hassan, in a powerful speech addressing the 'National Political Council' and other democracy stakeholders, in Dar es Salaam on Monday, 11th September, 2023.
- Afcon 2027 - CAF Snubs Nigeria, Gives Hosting Right to Kenya-Uganda-Tanzaniaon 28/09/2023 at 05:29
[Premium Times] CAF's decision many believe is a wakeup call to Nigeria that a lot still needs to be done in terms of the provision of top-notch sporting facilities and general infrastructure as a whole
- CAF Awards AFCON 2025 to Morocco and AFCON 2027 to Kenya, Tanzania and Ugandaon 28/09/2023 at 04:23
[CAF] The Confédération Africaine de Football ("CAF"), today awarded the Africa Cup of Nations ("AFCON") 2025 to Morocco and the AFCON 2027 to Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Kenya Wins Bid to Host 2027 Africa Cup of Nations With Uganda, Tanzaniaon 27/09/2023 at 12:31
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The East Africa Pamoja Bid by Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania to bring the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations to the region has been successful, with the CAF Executive Committee voting for the three countries to host the tournament.
- President Suluhu Awards Twiga Stars for Winon 27/09/2023 at 11:41
[Daily News] President Samia Suluhu Hassan hailed the Senior Women's Team (Twiga Stars) for winning their game against Ivory Coast. The Head of State also awarded Twiga Stars 10m/-.
- Tanzanian Brothers Advance to America's Got Talent Grand Finalson 27/09/2023 at 06:20
[allAfrica] Two Tanzanian performing artists, known as the Ramadhani Brothers, Fadhili, 26, and Ibrahim, 36, have advanced to the grand finals of the America's Got Talent (AGT) TV show.
- Zanzibar, Chinese Institutions Sign Partnership Agreementson 27/09/2023 at 06:09
[Daily News] ZANZIBAR: SEVERAL institutions from China, including the Weihai City and Shandong Province, have signed Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) with Zanzibar City and some Isles' ministries for capacity building, trade and other areas of development between the two countries.
- Ministry Secures Permit for 51 Job Slots in Health Cadreson 27/09/2023 at 06:09
[Daily News] Zanzibar -- PRESIDENT's Office, Regional Administration, Local Governments and Special Departments has secured permits for 51 job slots in the health cadres to address manpower shortage in the special departments' health facilities.
- Provide Loans to Miners, Minister Mavunde Callson 27/09/2023 at 06:09
[Daily News] GEITA: MINERALS Minister Mr Anthony Mavunde has challenged the GF Trucks & Equipment Ltd to continue extending its scope in serving miners, saying the latter is capable of taking equipment from the company on loans and repaying on time.
- Government Impresses U.S. Ambassador Over Researches On Diseaseson 27/09/2023 at 06:09
[Daily News] Zanzibar -- ZANZIBAR: THE US Ambassador to Tanzania, Mr Michael Battle has hailed the Public Health Laboratory Ivo de Carneri (PHL-IdC) that is located at Wawi area in South Pemba, for a good performance and progress in diseases research.
- Mwinyi Irked With Skyrocketing Prices of Essential Commoditieson 26/09/2023 at 18:03
[Daily News] ZANZIBAR: PRESIDENT Hussein Ali Mwinyi has expressed dismay over an increase of prices of essential commodities in Zanzibar, arguing that the hike has no justification because there are no changes in taxes.
- Lawyer Suffers Defeat in Petition to Challenge Law School Resultson 26/09/2023 at 18:02
[Daily News] DAR ES SALAAM: LAWYER Alexander Barunguza has suffered another defeat in his constitutional petition challenging poor results he got in two courses at the Law School of Tanzania.
- President Samia Dissolves REA Board, Makes New Appointmentson 26/09/2023 at 18:01
[Daily News] DAR ES SALAAM President Samia Suluhu Hassan has dissolved the Rural Electrification Authority (REA)'s Board of Directors.
- Vodacom Shareholders to Pocket 22.3bn/ - in Dividendson 26/09/2023 at 11:40
[Daily News] DAR ES SALAAM: Vodacom Tanzania is set to pay 22.3bn/- to its equity shareholders for the financial period ending March this year following an impressive performance.
- TPC Wins Appeal Against Former Driverson 26/09/2023 at 11:39
[Daily News] DAR ES SALAAM: THE Tanzania Posts Corporation (TPC) has won its appeal in the case involving their two former drivers, Salehe Komba and Revocatus Rukonge, who were terminated from employment for possessing Standard Seven and Vocational Training driving certificates.
- TBs Launches Quality Awards to Enhance Innovationon 26/09/2023 at 06:58
[Daily News] DAR ES SALAAM: IN an effort to boost the production of high-quality commodities in the country, Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) has launched the quality awards for 2023 to enhance innovation in the manufacturing industry.
- Mainland Spices Farmers Off to Zanzibar for Study Touton 26/09/2023 at 06:58
[Daily News] Zanzibar -- ZANZIBAR: MOROGORO and Tanga may be having more cloves and spices than Zanzibar, a status that prompted farmers from the two regions to collaborate with their counterparts from the Isles in search for markets for their produce.
- Mwinyi Vows to Beat 300,000 Jobs Targeton 26/09/2023 at 06:53
[Daily News] Zanzibar -- ZANZIBAR: ZANZIBAR President Dr Hussein Mwinyi has said that it is possible to create about 300,000 jobs before 2025 in the Islands.
- Beyond Cotton Project Concludes Training With Farmers in Tanzania - WFPon 25/09/2023 at 12:41
[Daily News] BETWEEN 8 and 22 September, a delegation made up of technical staff from the World Food Programme (WFP) Centre of Excellence against Hunger Brazil, the Federal University of Campina Grande and the Brazilian Cooperation Agency (ABC, in Portuguese) conducted a technical mission to Tanzania.
- NSSF Records Massive Achievements in Mining Sectoron 25/09/2023 at 12:41
[Daily News] Geita -- GEITA: THE National Social Security Fund (NSSF) said on Sunday that in the last financial year it collected contributions of approximately 56bn/- from Geita Region, mainly from the mining sector.
- Precision Air to Introduce New Aviation Subjectson 25/09/2023 at 12:41
[Daily News] TANZANIA : PRECISION Air plans to introduce three new courses at its training centre including pilot simulators training in efforts to produce more competent professionals to benefit the aviation sector and the economy.
- EAC Urged to Establish Strategic Partnerson 25/09/2023 at 12:41
[Daily News] Arusha -- TANZANIA: THE tenth Edition of the East Africa Internet Governance Forum (EA-IGF) has called on Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) experts in the region to take proactive steps towards ensuring that the internet continues to be a force for positive change in the region.
- How Nest Will Reform Public Procurementon 25/09/2023 at 10:02
[Daily News] THE Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) has detailed how the newly designed National e-Procurement System of Tanzania (NeST) will bring major transformation in the country's public procurement.
- Tanzania Fast-Tracks Regulations for Mineral Refiningon 25/09/2023 at 09:34
[Daily News] Geita -- GEITA : DEPUTY Prime Minister Doto Biteko has ordered speedy formulation of new regulations in the mineral refining industry.
- Magdalena Shatters National Recordon 25/09/2023 at 06:51
[Daily News] Tanzanian marathoner, Magdalena Shauri has broken the Women's National marathon record held by Banuelia Mrashani by six minutes when she finished third in the Berlin Marathon early on Sunday.
- Spain Expresses Interest in SGR Financingon 25/09/2023 at 05:10
[Daily News] Madrid -- SPAIN, Madrid : SPAIN, through its Export Credit +Agency (ECA), has expressed an interest in financing the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) construction project by providing loans, loan guarantees and insurance to the country's companies that will build the railway from Makutupora to Mwanza and from Tabora - Morogoro to Malagarasi.
- 276bn/ - to Transform Cities Infrastructureon 25/09/2023 at 05:10
[Daily News] TANZANIA : THE government has signed contracts worth 276.2bn/- for execution of the first tier of the Tanzania Cities Transforming Infrastructure and Competitiveness (TACTIC) project in 12 cities.
- First Energy Efficiency Action Plan Implementation At Final Stageson 25/09/2023 at 05:10
[Daily News] THE government in collaboration with the European Union (EU) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is finalising implementation of Tanzania's first Energy Efficiency Action Plan project.