Tanzania-related News aggregated from different sources.
AllAfrica News: Tanzania All Africa, All the Time.
- Tanzania Has Completed Payment for Three New Planes, Says PMby Citizen on 13/04/2021 at 18:16
[Citizen] The government of Tanzania has on Tuesday April 13 said it has completed payments for the purchase of three new planes.
- Diamond Plutinumz and His Multimillion Endorsement Dealsby Citizen on 13/04/2021 at 18:16
[Citizen] Diamond Platnumz over the weekend announced he had signed $5 million Distribution deal with African music streaming App, Mziiki, for his record label, WCB.
- Russia Suspends Regular Flights to Tanzania and Turkeyby Citizen on 13/04/2021 at 18:16
[Citizen] Russia's Government has on Monday announced the suspension of flights between Russia and Tanzania, with effect from April 15 to June 1, due to the status of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Mo Dewji Cries Foul Over Fcc's Directive to Restart Negotiationsby Citizen on 13/04/2021 at 18:16
[Citizen] Simba SC board chairman Mohammed Dewji aka Mo has expressed disappointment over the Fair Competition Commission's latest move to restart negotiation regarding Simba Sports Club transformation.
- TRA Promises Action On Mbowe Tax Allegationsby Citizen on 13/04/2021 at 18:16
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- The Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) yesterday said it will look into claims made by the Chadema national chairman Freeman Mbowe on confiscation of his bank accounts to cover over Sh2 billion in taxes due on his companies.
- UN Experts Deplore Rights Violations Against Burundi Refugeesby OHCHR on 13/04/2021 at 13:22
[OHCHR] Geneva -- Arbitrary arrests and enforced disappearances have allegedly been carried out by the Tanzanian police and intelligence services in cooperation with the Burundian intelligence services, the experts said.
- Minister Promises to Work On 'Journalists Detention' Claimby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 12:25
[Daily News] The Minister of Information Culture, Arts and Sports, Innocent Bashungwa has asked media stakeholders to stay calm as his Ministry is closely following the incident of detaining journalists in Dar es Salaam.
- Support President Samia in Steering State-Clergyby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 10:10
[Daily News] TANZANIANS have been urged to support and pray for President Samia Suluhu Hassan as she steers the country in the next four years.
- Ministry Commends Simba for 'Visit Tanzania' Campaignby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 10:10
[Daily News] MINISTER for Natural Resources and Tourism Damas Ndumbaro has commended Simba SC for being at the forefront of promoting tourist attractions in the country through the so called "Visit Tanzania" logo on their CAF Champions League jerseys. In addition to applauding Simba for their effort in promoting tourism, he has provided an opportunity for other clubs to participate in stimulating the country's tourism.
- Crdb Organises Portfolio Investment Seminarby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 10:10
[Daily News] CRDB Bank plans to conduct a virtual training on portfolio and direct investment this Saturday to educate masses on the opportunity arising from the area. The training came at a time when some researches largely show that the education helps to increase people's participation in development activities and contributes to the economic growth.
- Cag Report Faults Heslb Deductionby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 09:52
[Daily News] THE Controller and Auditor General (CAG) has found out that the deductions carried out by Higher Education Students' Loans Board (HESLB), are too high and violate the recovery of Debts Act.
- Private Sector Players Hail Samia's Stance On Taxby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 09:52
[Daily News] PRIVATE sector players have hailed President Samia Suluhu Hassan's directives to tax collectors to operate in a professional way and expand the tax base.
- Aar Set to Close Operations in Tanzaniaby Monitor on 13/04/2021 at 09:15
[Monitor] AAR Healthcare, which also has operation in Uganda is set to exit Tanzania due to reduced visitor numbers to its eight clinics and financial troubles worsened by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Hoima-Tanga Pipeline Construction Starts This Monthby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 09:05
[Daily News] The construction of a major crude oil pipeline from Hoima in Uganda to Tanga in Tanzania will begin this month, (April 2021), instead of July 2021 for a period of three years the parliament was told on Monday.
- New Crude Oil Pipeline Deals Signed, Production for 2025by Monitor on 13/04/2021 at 09:02
[Monitor] The chief executive of French oil giant, Total SE, yesterday described as a "momentous occasion in history" the signing in Kampala of the three agreements for development of the proposed East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP).
- Zitto Kabwe Exhorts Samia to Build Strong Institutionsby Citizen on 13/04/2021 at 08:44
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- The ACT-Wazalendo political party yesterday called on President Samia Suluhu Hassan to do her utmost in building effective accountability systems and institutions. By doing so, the country would make significant strides in development.
- Experts - Why Tanzania Urgently Needs Public Liability Insuranceby Citizen on 13/04/2021 at 08:34
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- Reports that at least 45 people died in a stampede when Dar es Salaam residents paid their last respects to former President John Magufuli last month have rekindled calls for mandatory public liability cover.
- Villagers Along Lake Victoria Lament Over Plastic Wasteby Citizen on 13/04/2021 at 07:22
[Citizen] Sengerema -- In Chifunfu Village along the shores of Lake Victoria, life looks pretty busy.
- Entrepreneurs Urged to Invest in Cashew Processing Factoriesby Citizen on 13/04/2021 at 07:22
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- Entrepreneurs stand a chance of making up to Sh40 million in annual profit if they invest in small-scale cashew nut processing factories, sectoral stakeholders were told at the weekend.
- Dse Turnover Falls As Tcc Steals the Showby Citizen on 13/04/2021 at 07:22
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- Tanzania Cigarette Company (TCC) stole the show at the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) last week as investors' appetite in the cigarette maker remain bullish despite last year's loss.
- Airtel Money to Disburse 1.8bn/ - to Customersby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 07:05
[Daily News] AIRTEL Tanzania is set to distribute 1.8bn/- to AirtelMoney customers as interest for their loyalty to its mobile phone money service.
- Court Ordered to Expedite Hearing 150m/ - Compensation Suitby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 07:05
[Daily News] THE Court of Appeal has ordered the High Court to expedite the hearing of the tenyear old suit lodged by Christian Makondoro, demanding 150m/- compensation from the Inspector General of Police and the Attorney General for, among others, malicious prosecution.
- Keep Off Divisive Politics, Mbowe Toldby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 07:05
[Daily News] THE Tanzania Peace Foundation has accused Chama Cha Demokrasia na Maendeleo (Chadema) Chairperson Mr Freeman Mbowe of sowing seeds of 'divisive politics' as the country ushers in a new dawn under President Samia Suluhu Hassan.
- Mega Project Planned to End Water Blues in Southern Regionsby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 07:05
[Daily News] WATER shortage in the southern regions of the country is set to end once-and-for-all following a mega project to tap water from Ruvuma River.
- Agriculture Ministry to Focus On Irrigation Schemesby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 07:05
[Daily News] NEXT year's budget of the Ministry of Agriculture will focus on investing on irrigation schemes and seed production, according to Deputy Minister Hussein Bashe.
- Sign Language Education to Get Push, Bunge Toldby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 07:05
[Daily News] IN efforts to achieve inclusive education, the provision of sign language education would soon start from primary to secondary schools.
- Samia Reign Excites Mwinyiby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 07:05
[Daily News] FORMER President Ali Hassan Mwinyi has praised President Samia Suluhu Hassan for a perfect start to her reign, and assured her full support from the country's former leaders.
- People in Areas Repossessed By Tpdf to Be Compensatedby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 07:05
[Daily News] GOVERNMENT has vowed to pay all pending compensations to citizens who have been evacuated from areas under the Tanzania People's Defence Forces (TPDF).
- New Public Health Centres to Be Fully Equippedby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 07:05
[Daily News] GOVERNMENT has assured that during the next financial year it would allocate funds for equipping all newly-built public health centres with required facilities.
- Floods Kill Three As Tma Warns of Heavy Rainsby Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 07:05
[Daily News] THREE people have passed away after being swept by flooding rain waters in Tarime District, Mara Region over the weekend.