Tanzania-related News aggregated from different sources.
AllAfrica News: Tanzania All Africa, All the Time.
- Tanzania Securities Limited Recommends Jatu Share Saleby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:54
[Daily News] JATU Plc has only one class of ordinary shares authorised and issued. There are no preferential shares. Currently, it has a total authorised share capital of 125bn/-, consisting of 250 million ordinary shares at a nominal value of 500/- per share.
- Dse to Remain Vibrant Backed By Banking, Cement Sectorsby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:54
[Daily News] IN the coming week, we still prospect that the market will remain vibrant going forward specifically on the banking sector and Cement sector as we have seen the previous week's top counters coming from those sectors. The market will remain active during the week and mainly from the top local active counters.
- Dse, Crdb Appreciation Pushes Up Tanzania Share Indexby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:54
[Daily News] CRDB and DSE were a positive effect on the Tanzania Share Index (TSI) while the cross listed counters pulled down the All Share Index (DSEI). The TSI gained 19.61 points during the week that ended on 15th January 2021, to close at 3,513.49 points.
- Invest Heavily in Education, Zanzibaris Toldby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:54
[Daily News] ZANZIBAR Second-Vice-President Hemed Suleiman Abdulla has called on parents to invest heavily in education so that their children in future have better lives.
- Nyamirembe Port in Chato Now Ready for Useby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:54
[Daily News] THE newly rehabilitated Chato-based Nyamirembe Port is ready for use since last week, with Tanzania Authority Port (TPA) Lake Zone Manager, Doreen Minja inviting potential investors to utilise the opportunity.
- I Will Improve My Career At Simba, Says Chikwendeby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:54
[Daily News] THE newly signed Simba attacker Perfect Chikwende said the existing competition in the team will help to improve his career.
- Two to Three Accidents Occur Daily in Lake Victoria - Officerby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:54
[Daily News] AN average of two to three accidents occur daily in Lake Victoria (Tanzania) every day and cost lives, a rescue officer has said.
- Financial Sector Fears Impact of New Covid-19 Variantby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:54
[Daily News] THIS reflection sets out some interests for debate on the reaction of financial sector overseers to the coronavirus pandemic threat and mounting concern of the new United Kingdom, South Africa and Brazil variant covid-19, considered to be more transmissible than the previous one whose impact on the economy could be disastrous.
- Stars Ready to Demolish Zambiaby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:54
[Daily News] TAIFA Stars are ready to play their first match in the unfolding Africa Nations Championship (CHAN) finals as they face Zambia at Limbe Omnisport Stadium in Cameroon on Tuesday.
- Hard Question - Who Should Own GMOs Seed Companies?by Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:53
[Daily News] ON the dawn of 15th January 2021, Tanzanians woke up to news over the Ministry of Agriculture's decision to suspend all the research and trials on drought - tolerant Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) that have been taking place at Makutupora Research Centre in Dodoma and TARI Mikocheni in Dar es Salaam.
- Kenya, Uganda, Tz Ready for Kabaddi Tourneyby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:53
[Daily News] EAST African Community (EAC) countries Kenya, Uganda and hosts Tanzania are among nine countries that have so far confirmed their participation at the forth-coming Africa Kabaddi Championship.
- Govt Asked to Address Shortages of Nurses, Midwivesby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:53
[Daily News] THE Tanzania National Nurses Association (Tanna) has appealed to the government to recruit more nurses and midwives to address personnel shortages at public health facilities across the country.
- Development Policies, Projects Impress Senior Govt Officialsby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 08:53
[Daily News] THE implementation of various development policies and projects in the country has impressed a forum of Directors in-charge of Policy and Planning (DPP) units in the government.
- Magufuli Orders Renovation of Ubungo Schoolby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 07:24
[Daily News] President John Magufuli has ordered Ubungo District leaders to put their house in order by ensuring that Barango Primary School, where pupils sit on the floor, is immediately renovated.
- JPM Drums for Skilled Labourby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 06:40
[Daily News] Government's initiative of building more Vocational Education Training Centres (VETA) is aimed at supporting the country's industrialisation drive, President John Magufuli said here on Monday.
- Mwinyi Promises Raising Universal Pension Schemeby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 06:40
[Daily News] THE number of pensioners in Zanzibar Universal Scheme (ZUPS) may increase with raised monthly payments they get, should the economy fully recover after Covid-19 crisis.
- Appeal's Court Orders Release of Suspected Poacherby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 06:40
[Daily News] THE Court of Appeal has ordered the immediate release from prison of one suspected poacher, Petro Kilo Kinangai, who was sentenced to 20 year imprisonment for unlawful possession of two elephant tusks, which are government trophies, valued at 29.17m/-.
- British Envoy Hails JPM's Education Projectby Daily News on 19/01/2021 at 06:40
[Daily News] THE British High Commissioner to Tanzania David Concar has commended President John Magufuli for the country's notable progress achieved in the education sector since he ascended to power in 2015
- Magufuli's Eye On World Food Security in Post Covid-19 Eraby Citizen on 18/01/2021 at 18:36
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- President John Magufuli on Monday, January 18, reiterated his call for the country to increase food production, predicting that the world will experience food scarcity this year due to the impacts of Covid-19.
- Multichoice Tanzania Unveils New Promo for DStv Customersby Citizen on 18/01/2021 at 18:36
[Citizen] MultiChoice Tanzania has launched a mouthwatering upgrade offer dubbed "Panda Tukupandishe". This offer gives all active and disconnected DStv Bomba, Family and Compact customers a chance to pay and get to view programming on higher package within 48 hours at no extra cost.
- Half of Form Four 2020 Scored Division Four in National Examsby Citizen on 18/01/2021 at 18:36
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- The National Form Four results which were announced on January 15, show a pass rate of 5.19 percent, half of the number of candidates who wrote the exams either got Division IV.
- Speaker of Parliament Job Ndugai Forms 17 Parliamentary Committeesby Citizen on 18/01/2021 at 18:36
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- The Speaker of the National Assembly, Job Ndugai today, January 18, has appointed 17 members of the Standing Committees of the National Assembly.
- Enhancing Intra-African Tourism the Way Forwardby Citizen on 18/01/2021 at 13:00
[Citizen] Our lead story in yesterday's Life Style Magazine was on a subject-matter that is fast catching on in our part of the world: intra-African tourism. Titled 'A traveller's dream to make intra-Africa travel easy,' the article explored the tourism industry in general - doing so with considerable cooperation from a 20-year veteran of the travel and tourism business, one Ms Leina Lemomo.
- Magufuli to Launch Massive Projects in Kageraby Daily News on 18/01/2021 at 12:57
[Daily News] Bukoba -- Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Information, Culture, Arts and Sports Dr Hassan Abbasi has said that President John Magufuli's two-day visit in Kagera Region clearly demonstrates that the major role of bringing development to the people keeps gaining pace.
- Municipal Council Hailed for Environmental Conservationby Daily News on 18/01/2021 at 10:28
[Daily News] THE Moshi Municipal Council (MMC) has been commended for implementing strategies aimed at improving the environment and sanitation, leading the council to win awards related to sanitation inside and outside the country, almost every year, in recent years.
- President Magufuli Congratulates Museveni, Kenya's State House Deletes Messageby Citizen on 18/01/2021 at 10:18
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- President John Magufuli has congratulated his Ugandan counterpart Yoweri Museveni following his win in the just concluded polls which he won by 58 per cent beating Bobi Wine who got 34 per cent of the votes.
- President Magufuli Calls for Increased Food Productionby Citizen on 18/01/2021 at 10:18
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- President John Magufuli has on Sunday, January 17called on Tanzanians to work hard in the fields in order to increase agricultural production especially food crops and turn the country supplier of consumables in the region.
- Govt Uplifts Domestic Tourismby Daily News on 18/01/2021 at 10:03
[Daily News] IF travelling long distances in search of tourist attractions deters you from doing domestic tourism, the challenge may soon be over as the government moves to decentralize tourism centres.
- Mwinyi Appeals for Support to Curb Corruptionby Daily News on 18/01/2021 at 10:03
[Daily News] ZANZIBAR President Hussein Mwinyi has reiterated his call to members of the public to support him to end corruption and violence against children and women in Zanzibar.
- Sumbawanga Floods - 107 Houses, Their Walls, Roofs Damagedby Daily News on 18/01/2021 at 09:48
[Daily News] FLOODS are being reported in some parts of the country, and this could be a result of global warming and climate change.