Tanzania-related News aggregated from different sources.
AllAfrica News: Tanzania All Africa, All the Time.
- Condolences Pour in for Mufuruki, Body Expected Today on 09/12/2019 at 06:15
[Daily News] AS the year 2019 comes to an end, it will certainly leave an indelible mark to the business community, entrepreneurs and Tanzanians in general after the Angel of Death robbed them of a widely recognised smart and talented businessman, Ali Mufuruki (61).
- Millionaire Ali Mufuruki Succumbed to Pneumonia - Family Friend on 09/12/2019 at 06:13
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Tanzania's dollar millionaire, who passed on on Saturday night, succumbed to pneumonia, a family friend said on Sunday, December 08, 2019.
- Death Robs Country of Its Dollar Millionaires, Gifted Brains on 09/12/2019 at 06:09
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -The year 2019 will go into history books as a year of bad luck to members of the business community.
- Abdallah Strike Soars Kenya Over Tanzania on 09/12/2019 at 05:25
[Capital FM] Kampala -Harambee Stars started their CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup title defense with a hard earned 1-0 victory over Tanzania in their Group B opening match at the Lugogo Complex on Sunday evening.
- Tanzanian Dollar Millionaire Ali Mufuruki Dies in South Africa on 08/12/2019 at 12:26
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -One of Tanzania's dollar millionaires and chairman for Infotech Investment Group, Ali Mufuruki, is no more.
- All Eyes On Ex-PM Sumaye After Ditching Chadema on 08/12/2019 at 12:07
[East African] All options are now open for Frederick Sumaye, 69, Tanzania's former prime minister-turned opposition politician after ditching the main opposition Chama cha Demokrasia na Maendeleo (Chadema).
- Tanzania Can Protest but Retain Its Court Membership on 08/12/2019 at 10:28
[East African] In a development that is as puzzling as it is disturbing, it emerged this week that Tanzania has withdrawn from the African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights (AfCHPR); a charter it ratified in March 2010.
- Tanzania Sets in Motion Its Exit From Rights Court on 08/12/2019 at 09:59
[East African] Tanzania's decision to withdraw from the African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights (AfCHPR) effectively locks out its citizens and civil society groups from accessing justice, analysts have cautioned.
- Blow to Northern Corridor As Tanzania Signs Deal to Link SGR to Burundi, DRC on 08/12/2019 at 09:55
[East African] Tanzania has signed an agreement to link its Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) to Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo, in a deal that gives Dar es Salaam's multi-billion-dollar project a major shot in the arm.
- Airport Project Given Priority, House Told on 07/12/2019 at 10:02
[Daily News] THE Minister for Finance and Planning, Mr Mohamed Ramia Abdiwawa, says the government had been prompted to reallocate funds to ensure the ongoing construction of Terminal III at the Zanzibar airport was complete.
- Road Accidents, GBV, Drug Abuse Decried on 07/12/2019 at 10:02
[Daily News] THE Second Vice-President, Ambassador Seif Ali Iddi on Friday told the House that Zanzibar was still facing serious social problems that had to be addressed collectively.
- 18.8m Out of 28.7m Register SIM Cards on 07/12/2019 at 08:31
[Daily News] AS the deadline for biometric registration of SIM cards looms on December 31, this year, available figures show that 18.8 million out of 28.7 million SIM cards were registered biometrically as of December 4, this year.
- Tanzania Hasn't Quit African Court on 07/12/2019 at 08:30
[Daily News] TANZANIA has maintained that it has not withdrawn from the African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights (AfCHPR).
- Delayed Project Infuriates Magufuli on 07/12/2019 at 08:30
[Daily News] DELAYS in the expansion project for Chato district hospital on Friday angered President John Magufuli after learning that the government had already disbursed the funds since last July.
- Tanzania Rally to Wind Up 2020 ARC Season in September on 07/12/2019 at 06:39
[Daily News] THE 2020 Africa Rally Championship (ARC) has been confirmed; maintaining a seven rounds calendar for next season with Tanzania Rally will wind the season later in September.
- Africa's Rights Court Suffers Setback As Tanzania Blocks Cases on 06/12/2019 at 13:14
[Deutsche Welle] Tanzania plans to stop individuals and NGOs from filing cases at Africa's human rights court. The move could restrict chances of getting justice for human rights abuses - and cut the court's effectiveness, experts say.
- Girls Who Escaped FGM Reunite With Their Families After Two Years on 06/12/2019 at 11:27
[Daily News] FIVE girls who were sheltered at Hope for Girls and Women Tanz ania (HGWT) centre in Serengeti District for two years, after escaping from the Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) ritual have finally rejoined their families.
- Health Experts Trumpet Use of New Arv Drug on 06/12/2019 at 11:27
[Daily News] TREATMENT to HIV patients has recorded a tremendous milestone, with the new Anti-Retroviral (ARV) drug proving to be able to suppress viral load within six months, with fewer or no side effects at all.
- Warning As Heavy Rains Hit Dar on 06/12/2019 at 11:24
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Tanzania's weather watchdog has renewed its alert over heavy rains which may have disastrous impact.
- Massive Reforms Up Drug Safety on 06/12/2019 at 11:16
[Daily News] THE quality and safety of medicines in the country have improved by more than 96 per cent over the past four years, according to Medicine and Medical Devices Authority (TMDA) Acting Director-General Mr Adam Fimbo.
- Special Land Zone Set Up in Morogoro on 06/12/2019 at 11:11
[Daily News] THE government has established a special zone for land issues in Morogoro, a move expected to end land disputes in the region.
- Meat Consumers Told to Consider Animal Welfare on 06/12/2019 at 10:27
[Daily News] A study has unveiled the likely health risks for meat consumers in Tanzania for failure to consider the animal welfare and food safety.
- CSOs Root for More Awareness to Curb GBV on 06/12/2019 at 10:27
[Daily News] CIVIL Society Organisations (CSOs) have said more focus on public education is needed for members of the public to be aware of the introduced national plan of action (NPA-VAWC) to end violence against women and children.
- Tanzania Revenue Authority - E-Tax Stamps Up Collections By 34pc On Products on 06/12/2019 at 09:11
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) says collections of excise duty and Value Added Tax (VAT) on various products have improved since the introduction of the Electronic Tax Stamp (ETS).
- Zanzibar Ag Denies Act's Claims of 2020 Election 'Plot' on 06/12/2019 at 09:11
[Citizen] Zanzibar -Zanzibar Attorney General Said Hassan Said has distanced his office from an alleged plot to change the law and block members of the main opposition party in the Isles from contesting in next year's General Election.
- CCM Warns Cadres Over Early Campaigns on 06/12/2019 at 09:11
[Citizen] Pemba -The ruling party, CCM, secretary general, Dr Bashiru Ally, has warned members of the party's women wing against participating in what he termed as premature campaigns ahead of 2020 general election.
- Brewer Moves to Curb Boda Boda Accidents, Fatalities on 06/12/2019 at 09:01
[Daily News] SERENGETI Breweries Limited (SBL) has extended responsible drinking campaign to reach motorcyclists, 'boda boda riders' among the road users most prone to fatalities caused by drink-drive.
- Procure Cotton, Apparel Within EA, Says Minister on 06/12/2019 at 09:00
[Daily News] A new dawn is unfolding in East Africa as ministers approve a final draft that calls on states to procure cotton and apparel from textiles and fabric industries within the region.
- TTCL NBC Team Up for Mobile Banking on 06/12/2019 at 08:58
[Daily News] TTCL Corporation and the National Bank of Commerce (NBC) have teamed up to offer financial services that will minimize transaction costs to their customers who use mobile money in accessing bank services.
- Tanzania Win Copa Africa Cup on 06/12/2019 at 08:33
[Nation] Tanzania were on Thursday crowned the 2019 Copa Coca Cola Under 16 Africa Cup champions after they outclassed Zimbabwe 6-2 in the final at the M-Pesa Foundation Academy in Thika.