Tanzania-related News aggregated from different sources.
AllAfrica News: Tanzania All Africa, All the Time.
- Air Tanzania Plane Seized in Canada Released on 13/12/2019 at 06:55
[East African] gTanzanian President John Magufuli has announced that national carrier Air Tanzania's aircraft Bombardier Q400 that was impounded in Canada in November before it could be delivered has been released.
- Junior Starlets Seek Redemption Against Tanzania on 13/12/2019 at 06:37
[Nation] Kenya will be looking to bounce back to winning ways when they play Tanzania in their third match of the Cecafa Under-17 Women's Challenge Cup at Njeru Technical Centre in Jinja on Friday.
- Two New Shows Set to Premiere On Maisha Magic East in 2020 on 13/12/2019 at 05:27
[Citizen] Nairobi -Maisha Magic East has announced the expected premiere of two new, riveting shows, the documentary series Maisha Mkanda and Kina, an exciting new drama.
- Magufuli Shuts Down Another Outlet for Dissent on 13/12/2019 at 04:58
[African Arguments] The essentials: Tanzanian President John Magufuli's campaign to restrict critics or even potential critics of his administration has continued with his efforts to block individuals and NGOs from directly filing cases against his government to the African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights.
- Seized Plane Set to Fly Back Soon on 12/12/2019 at 17:17
[Daily News] TANZANIANS will, anytime soon, welcome their Bombardier Q400 back to the country after its release in Canada.
- Jumeme Electrifies Over 5,000 Households on 12/12/2019 at 12:52
[Daily News] MORE than 5,000 households in Ukara Island, Ukerewe District in Mwanza Region have benefited from the first phase of a solar project 'Micro Power Economy, Tanzania Roll-out' implemented by JUMEME Rural Power Supply Limited.
- Zanzibar Expect Tough Duel Against Stars on 12/12/2019 at 12:43
[Capital FM] Nairobi -Zanzibar head coach Suleiman 'Morocco' Hemedi expects a tough duel against Kenya's Harambee Stars when they meet in a crucial 2019 CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup Group B final match at the Lugogo Complex on Saturday afternoon.
- Air Tanzania Plane Seized in Canada Finally Released on 12/12/2019 at 10:16
[Citizen] Mwanza -President John Magufuli has today announced that national carrier- Air Tanzania's aircraft Bombardier Q400 that was impounded in Canada in November before it could be delivered has been released.
- Women Lagging in Use of Solar Power on 12/12/2019 at 10:16
[Citizen] Arusha -Rural women in Tanzania have taken back stage in solar energy use because they cannot access loans to buy the required appliances.
- Relatives Go to Pick Up Prisoner Who 'Rejected' Amnesty on 12/12/2019 at 10:16
[Citizen] Mbeya -Relatives turned up to pick up Mr Merad Abraham, one of the 5,533 prisoners freed on presidential amnesty who refused to leave prison.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport Needs More Airlines Not a Third Cargo Handler on 12/12/2019 at 10:16
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Competition remains sharp in the ground handling business even as the authorities are looking to licensing one more operator at the Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA).
- All Singita Grumeti's Received Black Rhino Cope With Ecosystem on 12/12/2019 at 10:12
[Daily News] THE once critically endangered Rhinos relocated from a South African game farm to Singita Grumeti ecosystem in September, this year are now freely roaming in their new habitat.
- Simba Appoint Belgian Trainer Vandenbroeck As New Boss on 12/12/2019 at 10:12
[Daily News] SIMBA have announced Belgian trainer Sven Ludwig Vandenbroeck as their new Head Coach, replacing sacked Patrick Aussems.
- Tanzania Held By Burundi in U - 1 7 Cecafa Tourney on 12/12/2019 at 10:12
[Daily News] TANZANIA and Burundi fought to a 3- 3 draw in a thrilling match of the CECAFA Under-17 Women football tournament at FUFA Technical Centre in Njeru, Uganda on Wednesday.
- Minister Launches Decentralisation Birth Registration System on 12/12/2019 at 10:12
[Daily News] THE Minister for Constitutional and Legal Affairs, Dr Augustine Mahiga, yesterday launched practical implementation of decentralisation birth registration system in Morogoro and Coast regions, calling upon the public to recognise the importance of the documents.
- EALA Demands Updates On Integration Pillars on 12/12/2019 at 10:12
[Daily News] THE East African Community (EAC) Council of Ministers has been tasked to furnish the East African Legislative Assembly (EALA) with comprehensive reports on regular basis about implementation of pillars of integration.
- Unwritten Biography of First President of Tanzania Mwalimu Nyerere - 3 on 12/12/2019 at 10:11
[Daily News] ON Monday of this week December 9, 2019, Tanzanians across the country duly celebrated the 58th anniversary of former Tanganyika's independence (now Mainland Tanzania).
- Burundian refugees face pressure to leave the country on 12/12/2019 at 10:10
[HRW] Nairobi -The fear of violence, arrest, and deportation is driving many of the 163,000 Burundian refugees and asylum seekers in Tanzania out of the country. Tanzanian authorities have also made it very difficult for the United Nations refugee agency to properly check whether hundreds of refugees' recent decision to return to Burundi was voluntary.
- Wildebeest Migration Tops Attractions Lo on 12/12/2019 at 10:03
[Daily News] TANZANIA has once again stole the limelight in the world tourism after the great wildebeest migration topped Africa's most amazing tourist attractions to visit in 2020.
- Striking Balance Between Human Rights, African Cultural Values on 12/12/2019 at 10:03
[Daily News] AS the dust is settling after the fourth African Judicial Dialogue that took place at Munyonyo in U ganda recently, legal practitioners begin to look on how to put in practice deliberations of the meeting.
- EALA Thrash Uganda in Volleyball on 12/12/2019 at 10:03
[Daily News] EAST African Legislatives Assembly (EALA) volleyball men's team recorded a big comeback to beat Uganda by 3-2 sets in the ongoing East African Community (EAC) Inter-Parliamentary Games.
- Human Rights Status Superb, Chrgg Says on 12/12/2019 at 10:03
[Daily News] AS Tanzania yesterday marked the National Day for Integrity and Human Rights, the status of Human Rights in the country is superb, the Chairman of the Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance (CHRGG), Judge (rtd) Mathew Mwaimu, has said.
- TPA Eyes Efficiency in New Ports Plot on 12/12/2019 at 07:51
[Daily News] THE Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) is planning to categorise and classify all its existing ports, a process that will enable the authority to have regional and district terminals in areas with major water bodies.
- Former TFF President Jamal Malinzi Found Guilty of Forgery, Fined Sh500,000 on 12/12/2019 at 07:32
[Citizen] Former Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) President Jamal Malinzi has been found guilty of forgery by the Kisutu Magistrate Court in Dar es Salaam.
- Over U.S.$26 Million Paid to Coast Cashew Farmers on 12/12/2019 at 07:26
[Daily News] THE government has paid 60.6bn/-to cashewnuts farmers in Coast Region in the last season 2018/2019 as others wait for the completion of verification exercise to get paid.
- Taha Works On New EU Safety Standards on 12/12/2019 at 06:29
[Daily News] TANZANIA Horticultural Association (TAHA) is working overtime to ensure local fresh produce exporters conform to European Union (EU)'s new safety standards.
- Pay Taxes to Enable Govt Provide Essential Services on 12/12/2019 at 06:28
[Daily News] RIGHT from the onset of our country's political independence in 1961, disease was one of the three critical enemies that the leadership cited as one of the most critical.
- Keep Emotions Away From Business Affairs Says Mohammed Dewji on 11/12/2019 at 14:16
[Citizen] Kampala -Mr Mohammed Dewji's ideas and experience regarding building a business empire are compelling.
- Chadema Youth Council Elects Pambalu As New Chairman on 11/12/2019 at 14:15
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -John Pambalu, has been elected as the new chairman of the Chadema Youth Council (Bavicha) after winning 150 votes beating competition from two other opponents.
- Tanzania Starts Using Effective HIV Drug on 11/12/2019 at 12:43
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Tanzania has started using Dolutegravir 'DGT', the new and most effective drug in suppressing HIV/Aids in the human body.