Africa and Europe in the news, aggregated from diverse sources by allAfrica.com.
AllAfrica News: Europe and Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Sudan: Tawer Lauds Sudanese-German Relations on 19/01/2020 at 20:53
[SNA] Khartoum -Member of the Transitional Sovereign Council, Prof. Siddig Tawer, has lauded the historical relations between Sudan and Germany.
- Tunisia: Govt Turns Down Invitation to Participate in Berlin Conference On Libya on 18/01/2020 at 20:41
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis -Tunisia has turned down the invitation to participate in the Berlin Conference scheduled for Sunday, January 19, while expressing its thanks and consideration for the invitation sent Friday by German Chancellor Angela Merkel to President Kais Saied.
- Rwanda: Sets Aside U.S.$10 Million for CHOGM Sprucing of Kigali on 18/01/2020 at 13:46
[East African] Rwanda is pulling all stops in its preparations to host the 26th Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) slated for June 22 to 27. The biennial summit was last held in East Africa in 2007 in Kampala.
- Zimbabwe: Musona Eager to Impress At New Belgian Club on 18/01/2020 at 13:00
[New Zimbabwe] ZIMBABWE Warriors captain Knowledge Musona will be seeking a positive start to life at his new club KAS Eupen when they face second placed Charleroi in a Belgian Pro League Saturday.
- Kenya: Kipchoge, Bekele Renew Rivalry in London on 17/01/2020 at 12:43
[Capital FM] Nairobi -The gladiatorial match-up the whole world has been waiting for - Eliud Kipchoge versus Kenenisa Bekele - is on and will take place on 26 April at the 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon.
- Kenya: World Braces for Kipchoge Versus Bekele Battle in London on 17/01/2020 at 12:40
[Nation] An epic battle is in the offing when world marathon record holder Eliud Kipchoge takes on rival Kenenisa Bekele at the London Marathon in April.
- Zimbabwe: Tourism Takes Marketing Efforts to Fitur on 17/01/2020 at 11:33
[263Chat] As the world converges at the Spanish International Tourism Trade Fair, FITUR in Madrid, Spain from 22 - 26 January 2020, Zimbabwe will be among the 10 487 exhibitors from 165 countries.
- Zimbabwe: Mnangagwa Sanctions Excuse Is Nonsense - EU on 17/01/2020 at 10:19
[263Chat] The European Union (EU) ambassador to Zimbabwe, Timo Olkkonen has described as 'nonsense' President Emmerson Mnangagwa's proposition that sanctions are impeding on the country's economic progress.
- Zimbabwe: Govt Plays Down UK-Africa Summit Snub on 17/01/2020 at 10:18
[New Zimbabwe] The Zimbabwe government has played down its apparent snub by British authorities who have overlooked Harare among those invited to next week's UK-Africa Summit set for London.
- Gambia: Minister Tangara Receives Letters of Credence of New Turkish Ambassador on 17/01/2020 at 09:53
[The Point] The Honourable Minister of Foreign Affairs, International Cooperation and Gambians Abroad, Dr. Mamadou Tangara, on Tuesday 14th January 2020 received the new Ambassador of the Republic of Turkey, His Excellency Tolga Bermek who, presented to the Foreign Minister copies of his Letters of Credence.
- Kenya: More UK Investments Boon to Kenyans on 17/01/2020 at 09:47
[Nation] On Monday, the United Kingdom government will host the first UK-Africa Investment Summit, where government and business leaders, as well as innovators, entrepreneurs and investors, will discuss investment opportunities and partnerships in Africa.
- Sudan: Sudan, Poland Reviews Means of Cooperation in Energy Fields on 17/01/2020 at 09:44
[SNA] Khartoum -The Minister of Energy and Mining Eng. Adel Ali Ibrahim has discussed with the Consul of the Republic of Poland to Sudan, in the presence of the representative of the Polish KGHM Company, ways of cooperation between the two countries in the field of gold, iron and coal mining. The Minister said that they hoped that cooperation between Sudan and Poland would witness significant investments on the ground, reviewing investment opportunities in the energy and mining sector and the possibilities of exchanging e
- Zimbabwe: Adama, Gueye, Ayew, Nakamba and the Aston Villa Connection on 17/01/2020 at 09:39
[The Herald] ONE of the top African experts on the English Premiership says the journey travelled by Idrissa Gueye, Adama Traore and Jordan Ayew should provide caution against quickly dismissing Marvelous Nakamba as a flop.
- Sudan: Faisal Receives Ambassador of Poland on 17/01/2020 at 09:38
[SNA] Khartoum -The Minister of Culture and Information, Faisal Mohammed Salih, received, Thursday, Poland ambassador to Khartoum and discussed with him the joint cooperation between two sides in different sectors including media, high education and heritage , as well as, r strengthening relations between two countries.
- Gambia: Foreign Minister Receives Copies of Letters of Credence of New Turkish Ambassador on 17/01/2020 at 09:15
[Foroyaa] The Honourable Minister of Foreign Affairs, International Cooperation and Gambians Abroad, Dr. Mamadou Tangara, on Tuesday 14th January 2020 received the new Ambassador of the Republic of Turkey, His Excellency Tolga Bermek who, presented to the Foreign Minister copies of his Letters of Credence.
- Zimbabwe: EU Raises U.S.$18,7 Million for Drought Relief on 17/01/2020 at 08:29
[The Herald] The European Union (EU) has mobilised US$18,7 million for emergency food support for vulnerable people in Zimbabwe to improve nutrition, access to basic health care and provision of potable water.
- Kenya: Visiting UK Secretary of State Tours Diageo Investment in Kisumu on 17/01/2020 at 06:34
[Capital FM] Kisumu -UK Secretary of State for International Development Rt. Honourable Alok Sharma has lauded Diageo's Sh14 billion investment at the Kisumu Brewery, noting created over 100,000 direct and indirect jobs, half of which have been taken up by women.
- Burundi: EU Parliament Calls for Release of Burundi Journalists on 16/01/2020 at 13:38
[HRW] The European Parliament today adopted a resolution condemning the continued deterioration of the human rights situation in Burundi ahead of the May 2020 elections. It also called on authorities to drop charges and immediately and unconditionally release four journalists working for Iwacu, one of the country's last remaining independent newspapers, and all others arrested for exercising their fundamental rights.
- Africa: Upping Its Stake in Multi-Player Field on 16/01/2020 at 12:39
[AfricaFocus] The Russia-Africa summit in Sochi, Russia in late October 2019 prompted a flurry of news coverage, highlighting such headline figures as sales agreements amounting to more than $12 billion. But it was not clear how much this was a real sign of significant expansion of Russian influence or primarily a public relations gloss on more limited involvement. Among the more analytical articles covering the summit was a well-informed article by Joe Penney in Passblue on October 28, which noted that "While many memo
- Zimbabwe: Rushesha Signs Professional Contract With Swansea on 16/01/2020 at 11:51
[The Herald] Zimbabwean-born teenage sensation Tivonge Rushesha has signed his first professional contract with Swansea City, which will keep him at the club until the summer of 2022.
- Zimbabwe: Rushesha Aims for the Stars on 16/01/2020 at 11:34
[The Herald] Zimbabwe senior national football team target Tivonge Rushesha is looking at breaking into the first team at Swansea City after he recently signed his first professional contract with the Welsh club.
- Zimbabwe: Almiron Shows Why Nakamba Needs Love on 16/01/2020 at 11:05
[The Herald] Robson Sharuko, Senior Sports Editor
- Ghana: Foreign Minister Urges Closer Collaboration Between Ghana, Turkey on 16/01/2020 at 09:25
[Ghanaian Times] The Minister of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration, Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey has advocated more collaboration between Ghanaian and Turkish parliamentarians.
- Zimbabwe: Zimbabwean Pharmacist Saving Thousands of Lives in Australia's Wildfires on 16/01/2020 at 08:44
[New Zimbabwe] Australian based Zimbabwean pharmacist, Emmanuel Pasura has jumped to the rescue of thousands Mallacoota Town residents affected by ravaging wildfires in the resort town offering them medical treatment.
- Algeria: Italian Prime Minister On Visit to Algiers Thursday on 16/01/2020 at 08:36
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte will pay Thursday a working visit to Algiers in which he will hold talks with Prime Minister Abdelaziz Djerad and will be received by President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune, said Wednesday a communiqué of Foreign Affairs Ministry.
- Tunisia: MPs Protest Against Ghannouchi's Latest Visit to Turkey on 16/01/2020 at 08:34
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -All MPs, with the exception of those from Ennahdha movement, protested during the evening Parliament's plenary against the recent visit of Rached Ghannouchi to Turkey.
- Nigeria: Buhari Leads Nigerian Delegation to UK-Africa Investment Summit on 16/01/2020 at 06:37
[This Day] President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to lead the Nigerian delegate to the UK-Africa Investment Summit, holding in London next week Monday.
- Libya: Libya, International Community Seek Peace At Berlin Conference on 15/01/2020 at 14:17
[Deutsche Welle] The recent Libya peace talks in Moscow were a failure. A new attempt is scheduled to take place in Berlin. The situation is complicated: All parties involved have their own interests at heart.
- Liberia: Ex-Rebel Commander Accused of War Crimes Rearrested in France on 15/01/2020 at 09:26
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -A former commander of the defunct United Liberation Movement for Democracy in Liberia (ULIMO) has been arrested again, after being released in September last year from pre-trial detention in France, where he was being held for committing war crimes during the Liberian Civil War.
- West Africa: West African Leaders, France Vow New Fight on Terrorism on 15/01/2020 at 08:22
[VOA] A surge of terrorist violence in Africa's Sahel region is forcing West African nations to reconsider their strategy and unify military forces. Leaders invited by French President Emmanuel Macron to a G5 summit in the southern French city of Pau on Monday agreed to pursue their engagements with France - and put aside their differences with the former colonial power -- to fight against jihadism.