Africa and Europe in the news, aggregated from diverse sources by allAfrica.com.
AllAfrica News: Europe and Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Congo-Kinshasa: Mixed-Race Children Taken From Belgian Congo Mothers Sue for Crimes Against Humanityby VOA on 22/10/2021 at 08:52
[VOA] A group of mixed race women who were abducted as children by state officials in what was then Belgian Congo is suing the Belgian state for crimes against humanity. As Henry Ridgwell reports, the case comes as Belgium struggles to reconcile with its brutal colonial past.
- Liberia: UK Looks Forward to Welcoming Liberia's Delegation to COP26by New Dawn on 22/10/2021 at 08:27
[New Dawn] Unveils Presidency Program to drive global climate ambition at the Glasgow Summit
- Tunisia: European Parliament Adopts Resolution On Tunisiaby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/10/2021 at 08:13
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The European Parliament adopted Thursday afternoon, the resolution on the situation in Tunisia by 534 votes for, 45 against and 106 abstentions.
- Gambia: VP Touray Receives Queen's Batonby The Point on 22/10/2021 at 08:06
[The Point] Vice President Dr Isatou Touray yesterday received the Queen's Barton at States House on behalf of President Adama Barrow.
- Tanzania: Tanzania, France Pledge Stronger Ties in Key Areasby Citizen on 22/10/2021 at 07:07
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- Tanzania and France yesterday expressed their commitment to cementing trade and economic ties on a win-win basis.
- Egypt: Egypt, Slovenia Discuss Reinforcing Tiesby Egypt Online on 21/10/2021 at 13:13
[Egypt Online] Egypt and Slovenia's top diplomats held Wednesday a new round of political consultations at the Foreign Ministry headquarters that touched on boosting bilateral ties.
- Nigeria: Minister, Naccima Woo Turkish Investors to Nigeriaby This Day on 21/10/2021 at 12:16
[This Day] Minister of Trade, Industry and Investment, Mr. Niyi Adebayo and the Nigerian Association of Chambers Of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA) have called on Turkish nationals and business owners to increase their investments in the country.
- Nigeria: Security, Trade Take Centre Stage in Nigeria, Turkey Agreementsby This Day on 21/10/2021 at 12:15
[This Day] Abuja -- The need to improve security and trade between Nigeria and Turkey formed the highlight of the bilateral agreements signed yesterday in Abuja between President Muhammadu Buhari and his Turkish counterpart, Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- Ghana: GTP, B5 Plus Support Queen's Baton Relay Committeeby Ghanaian Times on 21/10/2021 at 11:56
[Ghanaian Times] Two companies - GTP and B5 Plus Limited have made cash donations to the Ghana Queen's Baton Relay Planning Committee, to support the organization of the Queen's Baton Relay event scheduled for October 25-26.
- Egypt: The 9th Trilateral Summit Between Egypt, Greece, and Cyprus in Athensby Egypt Online on 21/10/2021 at 08:32
[Egypt Online] President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi arrived on Tuesday morning 19/10/2021 in the Greek capital, Athens, to participate in the 9th Trilateral Summit between Egypt, Greece, and Cyprus, within the framework of tripartite cooperation mechanism that was launched in 2014.
- Eritrea: Seminar to Nationals in Scandinavian Countries and Switzerlandby Shabait on 21/10/2021 at 08:27
[Shabait] Mr. Osman Saleh, Minister of Foreign Affairs, conducted a seminar on 16 October in Stockholm to Eritrean nationals in the Scandinavian countries focusing on the objective situation in the homeland as well as diplomatic engagements with neighboring countries and beyond.
- Gambia: Top London MET. Officers Recognise Role of Senegambiansby The Point on 21/10/2021 at 08:22
[The Point] Top members of the London Metropolitan Police have once again acknowledged the role of Senegambians for their "positive input and constructive participation" in various networking and interacting projects organised by the force.
- Gambia: Jallow, Barrow Score for Respective European Clubsby The Point on 21/10/2021 at 08:22
[The Point] Some of the Gambian players that are playing their trades in Europe over the weekend scored for their respective European topflight clubs.
- Tanzania: France Launches New Direct Flight From Paris to Zanzibarby Citizen on 20/10/2021 at 16:12
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- France yesterday launched a new flight that will see passengers travel direct from the French capital Paris to Tanzania's archipelago Zanzibar.
- Somalia: Somalia And Serbia to Sign Trade Pactby Dalsan Radio on 20/10/2021 at 13:38
[Dalsan Radio] The Minister of Trade, Tourism, and Telecommunications of the Republic of Serbia Ms.Tatjana Matić receive her in Belgrade the Minister of Commerce and Industry of the Federal Republic of Somalia, Hon. Khalifa Abdi Omar.
- Somalia: State Minister for Foreign Affairs Receives Copy of the Credentials of Sweden Ambassador to Somaliaby Dalsan Radio on 20/10/2021 at 09:10
[Dalsan Radio] The State Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Mr Balal Mohamed Osman, received on Monday in the capital Mogadishu a copy of the credentials of Mr Per Lindgärde, the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Sweden to the Federal Republic of Somalia.
- Egypt: Address By President Sisi During Press Conference of Tripartite Cooperation Mechanism Summitby Egypt Online on 20/10/2021 at 08:25
[Egypt Online] In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
- Tunisia: Jerandi, Minister of State At German Federal Foreign Office Discuss Political Developments in Tunisiasieby Tunis Afrique Presse on 20/10/2021 at 08:24
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Minister of Foreign Affairs, Migration and Tunisians Abroad, Othman Jerandi and Minister of State at the German Federal Foreign Office Niels Annen discussed, Tuesday, prospects for cooperation and partnership between the two countries and developments in Tunisia and the region.
- Egypt: Sisi Back Home After Participating in Tripartite Summit in Athensby Egypt Online on 20/10/2021 at 08:06
[Egypt Online] President Abdel Fattah El Sisi returned home after participating in a tripartite summit in Athens, which brought together the leaders of Egypt, Greece and Cyprus, Presidential Spokesman Bassam Rady said.
- Egypt: Sisi Lauds Progress in Tripartite Cooperation Mechanism With Cyprus, Greeceby Egypt Online on 20/10/2021 at 08:06
[Egypt Online] The Egyptian-Greek-Cypriot summit discussed on Tuesday 19/10/2021 aspects of cooperation between the three countries within the framework of the tripartite cooperation mechanism, with a special focus on its success in periodical consultations and close coordination regarding regional and international files of impact on all peoples in the region.
- Egypt: President El-Sisi Meets With Greek PMby Egypt Online on 20/10/2021 at 08:06
[Egypt Online] The Spokesman for the Egyptian Presidency stated that President El-Sisi began his visit to Greece by meeting Prime Minister of Greece Kyriakos Mitsotakis.
- Egypt: President El-Sisi's Speech At the Joint Press Conference With Greek PM and Cypriot Presidentby Egypt Online on 20/10/2021 at 07:41
[Egypt Online] The President's Speeches
- Cameroon: Cameroon-Serbia - Reinforcing Cooperation Tiesby Cameroon Tribune on 20/10/2021 at 07:39
[Cameroon Tribune] An audience between the two Ministers of External Relations held recently focused on enhancing bilateral relations as concerns developmental projects between the two parties.
- Kenya: Nandi Seek Koitalel Samoei's Skull, Artefactsby Nation on 20/10/2021 at 06:28
[Nation] A petition for the British to return the skull of legendary Nandi leader Koitalel Samoei and the quest for Sh20 billion compensation for atrocities committed when colonialists crushed the Nandi resistance will feature in today's anniversary celebrations.
- Africa: Turkey Frees Ugandan Blogger Who Had 'Killed' President Museveniby East African on 19/10/2021 at 13:44
[East African] Turkish authorities have released a Ugandan opposition supporter suspected of spreading rumours that President Yoweri Museveni had died earlier this year.
- Tunisia: Germany's Niels Annen On Visit to Tunisia On October 19-20by Tunis Afrique Presse on 19/10/2021 at 13:27
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Minister of State at the German Federal Foreign Office Niels Annen is paying an official visit to Tunisia on October 19-20.
- Egypt: Sisi Arrives in Athens for Summit With Greek, Cypriot Leadersby Egypt Online on 19/10/2021 at 13:22
[Egypt Online] President Abdel Fattah El Sisi arrived in Athens Tuesday to attend a trilateral summit with the leaders of Greece and Cyprus.
- Egypt: Sisi Arrives At Venue of Summit With Greek, Cypriot Leadersby Egypt Online on 19/10/2021 at 13:22
[Egypt Online] President Abdel Fattah El Sisi arrived at the venue of a trilateral summit to be held with the leaders of Greece and Cyprus Tuesday.
- Rwanda: Rwandan Players Abroad - Rwatubyaye Nets Winner as Bizimana, Mukunzi Shineby New Times on 19/10/2021 at 08:44
[New Times] Clubs around the globe returned to action after last week's international break. A host of Rwandan players who ply their trade outside the country featured for their respective teams whereas some were not involved at all.
- Congo-Kinshasa: Congo Métis - 'Children of Sin' Confront the Belgian Stateby JusticeInfo.net on 18/10/2021 at 12:45
[JusticeInfo.net] Léa, Monique, Noëlle, Simone and Marie-José were victims of systematic segregation, as were 15,000 other mixed-race children, when Congo was a Belgian colony. The five women living in Belgium and France who were born in the Congo are demanding reparations from the Belgian state, and the recognition of a "crime against humanity".