Africa and Europe in the news, aggregated from diverse sources by allAfrica.com.
AllAfrica News: Europe and Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Tanzania: Russia Suspends Regular Flights to Tanzania and Turkeyby Citizen on 13/04/2021 at 18:16
[Citizen] Russia's Government has on Monday announced the suspension of flights between Russia and Tanzania, with effect from April 15 to June 1, due to the status of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Morocco: Morocco Begins Association Process Within New EU Program 'Horizon Europe'by MAP on 13/04/2021 at 15:57
[MAP] Rabat -- Morocco has started its association process within the European Union's program "Horizon Europe", under the new European programming 2021-2027, as part of the strengthening of relations of cooperation between the two sides.
- Africa: Fare Thee Well, 'Dook Edinboro!'by Ghanaian Times on 13/04/2021 at 11:14
[Ghanaian Times] No - "the ravens of the sky" have not been transmogrified into the Duke of Edinburgh. The story of the birds will be continued next week.
- Rwanda: Rwanda, Germany Sign Rwf90 Billion Financing Agreementsby New Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:39
[New Times] Rwandan has secured ?78 million (Approx.Rwf90 billion) grant from Germany to support decentralization, good governance, export promotion and vocational training
- Liberia: Liberia Consoles Britain Over Prince Philip's Deathby New Dawn on 13/04/2021 at 08:53
[New Dawn] President George Manneh Weah has sent a condolence message to the Government and people of the Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Following the death of His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth and Baron Greenwich.
- Liberia: European Union Delegation Gives Ex-Convicts a New Beginningby FrontPageAfrica on 13/04/2021 at 08:47
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- Two former prisoners convicted for the alleged commission of the crime rape in Kakata, Margibi County have testified to the adequate acquisition of tailoring skills, which have immensely contributed to their transformation, under the European Union Delegation to Liberia's funded Strengthening Democracy and Respect for Fundamental Human Rights of Prisoners program.
- Kenya: Kenya Added on List of Designated States for Mandatory Quarantine in Irelandby Capital FM on 13/04/2021 at 07:45
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Kenya has been added to the list of designated states for mandatory hotel quarantine in Ireland due to the increased infections of COVID-19.
- Kenya: Where Is Ireland? Kenyans Ask After Being Added to Quarantine Listby Nairobi News on 13/04/2021 at 07:35
[Nairobi News] Kenya has been added to a list of states in whose travellers will have to undergo a mandatory hotel quarantine in Ireland.
- Somalia: EU and AU Want Urgent Solution to Political Crisisby Capital FM on 13/04/2021 at 05:28
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- International players among them the African and European Union have called for an urgent solution to the current political stalemate in Somalia over delayed elections.
- East Africa: French, Chinese Oil Firms Agree Controversial Pipeline Deal With Uganda,Tanzaniaby RFI on 13/04/2021 at 04:55
[RFI] The Ugandan and Tanzanian governments have signed a series of agreements with oil companies Total of France and the Chinese National Offshore Oil Corporation. The deal paves the way for the construction of a pipeline to carry crude oil from Uganda to a Tanzanian port on the Indian Ocean. French and Ugandan environmental action groups have confirmed they will continue legal action against the project which they claim will cause major human and environmental problems.
- Kenya: Ireland Adds Kenya to List of Designated States for Mandatory Hotel Quarantineby East African on 12/04/2021 at 16:30
[East African] Kenya has been added to the list of designated states for mandatory hotel quarantine in Ireland leaving Uganda as the only country in East Africa which has not been listed among states which require mandatory hotel quarantine in Ireland.
- South Africa: President Cyril Ramaphosa Sends Condolences to the British Royal Familyby Govt of SA on 12/04/2021 at 10:35
[Govt of SA] Message of condolence on the passing of His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- East Africa: EAC to Tap From German Hannover Trade Fairby Daily News on 12/04/2021 at 09:15
[Daily News] THE East African region is gearing to tap into opportunities emerging from the upcoming German Hannover trade fair (Hannover Messe), slated for the 12th -16th April this year.
- Rwanda: Rwanda Condoles UK Over Death of Prince Philipby New Times on 12/04/2021 at 09:10
[New Times] Rwanda has joined the rest of the world to send messages of solidarity to the United Kingdom following the death of Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, husband of Queen Elizabeth II who died Friday aged 99.
- Kenya: Kenyatta Mourns Prince Phillipby Nairobi News on 12/04/2021 at 08:43
[Nairobi News] President Uhuru Kenyatta has joined other world leaders in mourning Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburg, who died on Friday.
- Sudan: Sudan Sends Condolences to Queen Elizabeth After Death of Prince Philipby Radio Dabanga on 12/04/2021 at 08:41
[Radio Dabanga] Khartoum -- The Chairman of Sudan's Transitional Sovereignty Council, Lt Gen Abdelfattah El Burhan, has conveyed a message of condolence to Queen Elizabeth II of England on the death of her consort Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh.
- Kenya: Kenya-UK Travel Ban 'To Bite for Short Time'by Nation on 12/04/2021 at 08:37
[Nation] Kenya and the UK expect business disruption after the travel bans kicked in yesterday, but officials say it may not last long.
- Kenya: Kenyan Musician Lioness Afreeka Setting Trends in Swedenby Nation on 12/04/2021 at 08:37
[Nation] Sweden- based Kenyan artiste Lioness Afreeka has been on a mission to not only popularise her music in the diaspora but also to promote Kenyan and East African artistes.
- South Africa: Former British High Commissioner Nigel Casey Notes 'Real Revival' of Political Relations With South Africaby Daily Maverick on 12/04/2021 at 08:14
[Daily Maverick] After facing challenges such as Covid-19 and Brexit during his time in SA, the British High Commissioner is back in Britain, where he is ready for a new role heading a directorate in the Foreign Office.
- Rwanda: In the Washington Post, Baldwin Justifies UK and U.S. Politicisation of the Genocide Against the Tutsiby New Times on 12/04/2021 at 07:37
[New Times] On the 7th of April 2021, as Rwandans were commemorating the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi, US and UK officials engaged in a sordid competition of genocide denial by issuing shameful statements found here and here in which the victims and the historical truth of what happened twenty-seven years ago were erased.
- Angola: Angolan President Sends Condolences to Queen Elizabeth IIby ANGOP on 12/04/2021 at 07:11
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Angolan President João Lourenço Friday sent his condolences to the Queen Elizabeth II on the death of her husband the Prince Philip Duke of Edinburg, expressing, on behalf of the Angolan People and on his own, the deepest sympathies.
- East Africa: Turkey's Cosy Relationship With Somalia May Have an Underbellyby Daily Maverick on 12/04/2021 at 06:36
[Daily Maverick] Turkey sees Somalia as a strategic bridgehead to the Horn of Africa and beyond, but for this to become a reality, political stability in the country has to be restored. Turkey's attempts to rebuild the Somali Defence Force without a guiding national political framework is tantamount to taking a journey without a roadmap.
- Malawi: Malawi Leader Mourns Britain's Prince Philip - Chakwera Sends Deepest Sympathies to the Queenby Nyasa Times on 12/04/2021 at 06:36
[Nyasa Times] Malawian President Lazarus Chakwera has offered his country's deepest sympathies and condolences to Queen Elizabeth II on the passing of Prince Philip who died at Windsor Castle on Friday, aged 99 years--two months short of clocking 100 years.
- Kenya: Kenyan Duo Wins Xiamen Siena Marathon in Italyby Nation on 12/04/2021 at 05:41
[Nation] Debutant Eric Kiptanui and Angela Tanui bagged victory in Xiamen Siena Marathon in Italy on Sunday.
- Africa: UK Covid-19 'Red List' Dominated By African Nations, Raising Concernby Nation on 12/04/2021 at 05:39
[Nation] The list of the 39 countries on the United Kingdom's restricted travel list that now includes Kenya is dominated by nations in Africa and South America.
- Gambia: Dembo Darboe's Brace Secures Shakhtyor Convincing Winby The Point on 10/04/2021 at 08:06
[The Point] Gambian midfielder, Dembo Darboe scored two fantastic goals (brace) for his Belarusian First Division League side FC Shakhtyor Soligorsk during their 4-0 home win over FC Isloch in their week-three fixture of the Belarusian Premier League played at the Stadyen Shakhtsyor on Saturday.
- Liberia: President Weah Consoles Royal Family Over Death of Prince Philipby Govt of Liberia on 10/04/2021 at 06:57
[Govt of Liberia] Monrovia, Liberia - President George Manneh Weah has extended heartfelt sympathy to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom and all nations of the Commonwealth following the death of the Queen's husband, Prince Philip. The Prince, officially titled the Duke of Edinburgh, died on April 9, 2021 at the age of 99. President Weah extolled the crucial role the Prince played alongside Queen Elizabeth in helping steer global affairs, while leading the people of the UK. The President said Liberia fondl
- Liberia: EU Disburses U.S.$199m to IMF Liberia to Benefitby NEWS on 09/04/2021 at 10:15
[NEWS] The International Monetary Fund (IMF) Monday, April 5, 2021, received the European Union (EU)'s contribution of SDR 141 million (equivalent to EUR  million or US$ million) to the Catastrophe Containment and Relief Trust (CCRT), which provides grants for debt service relief to countries hit by catastrophic events, including public health disasters such as COVID-19, a statement has said.
- Rwanda: Renewed Call for UK to Pursue Genocide Suspectsby New Times on 09/04/2021 at 07:54
[New Times] The High Commissioner for Rwanda to the United Kingdom (UK), Yamina Karitanyi, has called on the UK to bring to book the five genocide suspects who have been roaming freely in the European country for the last 13 years.
- Chad: Coronation, Not an Election in Chadby allAfrica on 08/04/2021 at 22:02
[allAfrica] After 30 years in power, Chad's brutal ruler Idris Déby Itno is just coming into his own. With elections on April 11 in his oil rich, yet crushingly impoverished country, he is offering a masterclass in how to not just win an election but crush an opposition, dispirit a population, and seduce foreign backers so completely that his tenure as president is assured for years to come.