Africa and Europe in the news, aggregated from diverse sources by allAfrica.com.
AllAfrica News: Europe and Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Malawi: Britain Cautions Govt On Appointment of Financial Intelligence Authority Director on 06/12/2019 at 12:53
[Nyasa Times] Malawi government has been asked to follow the law in replacing Financial Intelligence Authority (FIA) director general Atuweni Juwayeyi Agbermodji whose contract expired.
- Kenya: Swedish Teen on Top at Kenya Ladies Open on 06/12/2019 at 08:35
[Nation] Sweden's 18-year-old Julia Engstrom produced a solid round of five under par 67 to claim a one shot lead going into Friday's second round of the Magical Kenya Ladies Open tournament at the PGA Baobab course Vipingo.
- Kenya: Blomqvist Carries Slim Classic Rally Lead to Final Day on 06/12/2019 at 08:35
[Nation] Stiq Blomqvist and his navigator Jorgen Fornander need to stay calm as they seek to secure victory in the East African Safari Classic Rally with just a day left before the end of the marathon event.
- Kenya: Engstrom Storms to Vipingo Ridge Summit on 06/12/2019 at 08:22
[Capital FM] Vipingo Ridge -Sweden's Julia Engstrom shot an impeccable round of 67 on the first day of the Magical Kenya Ladies Open on Thursday to emerge overnight leader with a one-shot lead.
- Kenya: Liz Young Ecstatic After Day One Performance on 06/12/2019 at 08:22
[Capital FM] Vipingo Ridge -England's Liz Young opened up her Magical Kenya Ladies Open campaign with a superb round of 68 to emerge Club house Leaderon the opening day of the Ladies European Tour in Vipingo Ridge on Thursday.
- Kenya: Blomqvist Maintains EA Classic Rally Lead on 06/12/2019 at 08:22
[Capital FM] Mombasa -Sweden's Stig Blomqvist maintained his overall lead with one day to go in the ongoing East African Classic Safari Rally, despite second placed Austrian Kris Rosenberger putting up a spirited fight at the top of the table after day eight of the competition.
- Zimbabwe: British MPs Plot Zimbabwe Commonwealth Ban on 06/12/2019 at 07:52
[Zimbabwe Independent] Concervatives in the House of Commons are lobbying the UK government to block Zimbabwe's bid to rejoin the Commonwealth citing Harare's chequered property and human rights record, a move that is likely to frustrate President Emmerson Mnangagwa ahead of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (Chogm) in Rwanda next year.
- South Africa: Brexit Will Affect SA's Stock Markets in Unpredictable Ways on 06/12/2019 at 07:34
[Daily Maverick] The European Commission is tightening up the trading rules of the EU's securities market. It is an attempt to close up any potential loopholes for regulatory arbitrage that could become apparent when the UK takes its Brexit from the union and returns to the laws of its own land. Regulators have become increasingly concerned that foreign financial firms will try to exploit the differences in "equivalence provisions" between the two jurisdictions. But what the rules are, and who they apply to, is anybody's g
- Nigeria: UK Trains Staff of Standards Organizations, Signs MOU With Nigeria on 06/12/2019 at 06:30
[Daily Trust] The UK Government has trained Nigerian Standards Agencies on standards development from the 3rd to the 5th of December, 2019.
- Rwanda: PSG Reveals Why They Chose to Work With Rwanda on 06/12/2019 at 06:15
[New Times] Officials from French football club, Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) have said that the decision to pursue the recently signed three-year sponsorship deal was informed by Rwanda's attributes driven by innovation and youth-focused.
- Kenya: Chapa Dimba Prospect Itching for Spain Trip on 05/12/2019 at 13:01
[Nation] Abdalla Maro, who turns out for Garissa-based side Berlin FC, won the Golden Boot award after emerging top scorer during the North Eastern Region Chapa Dimba na Safaricom finals last week.
- Rwanda: Rwanda - PSG Deal - How Social Media Reacted to the Partnership on 05/12/2019 at 12:53
[New Times] Rwanda and French Football club Paris Saint Germain (PSG) on Wednesday announced a three-year sponsorship deal. This was Rwanda's second partnership deal with a football club following on a three year deal with Arsenal FC last year.
- Somalia: Somali Foreign Minister Hosts a Dinner in Honor of a Swedish Delegation on 05/12/2019 at 12:32
[Shabelle] The Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, H.E. Amb. Ahmed Isse Awad, held a dinner banquet in Mogadishu on Tuesday evening (December 03) in honor of a Swedish delegation from Folke Bernadotte Academy (FBA) which is carrying out intensive training programs for Somali diplomats in Mogadishu and Stockholm.
- Libya: France Drops Plan to Give Boats to Libya on 05/12/2019 at 09:09
[HRW] France's decision last week to withdraw its offer of six boats to the Libyan Coast Guard is good news, as Libya could have used this "gift" to subject even more migrants and refugees to serious abuses in Libya.
- South Africa: Tight Schedule for 2021 British and Irish Lions in South Africa on 05/12/2019 at 08:33
[Daily Maverick] The 2021 British and Irish Lions tour to South Africa, the fourteenth since 1891 and the third in the professional era, will have the fewest games ever as the increasingly crowded international schedule puts the squeeze on the last great rugby adventure.
- Botswana: EU Ambassadors Appreciate Kgotla System on 05/12/2019 at 08:31
[Botswana Daily News] Maun -A delegation from the European Union (EU) has hailed the Batawana royal family for upholding Tswana traditions and culture.
- Malawi: CSOs Demand Funding Loss and Damage Due Emissions on 05/12/2019 at 08:17
[Malawi News Agency] Madrid -Civil Societies at the ongoing Cop25 meeting in Madrid, Spain have strongly come out demanding wealthy countries such as America and the European Union (EU) to have a lion's share in financing Loss and Damage due to emissions.
- Kenya: Sweden's Blomqvist Takes Classic Rally Lead on 05/12/2019 at 06:36
[Nation] Former East African Safari Classic Rally champion Stiq Blomqvist of Sweden has now taken the lead in a Porsche.
- Kenya: Marcelo Ready for 'Exciting Times' With AIK on 05/12/2019 at 05:42
[Capital FM] Nairobi -Harambee Stars left back Erick Ouma has finally earned his big break into a competitive European league after penning a five-year contract with Swedish top tier side AIK Fotboll after spending one season with third tier side Vasalund IF.
- Nigeria: Brexit Will Not Affect Nigerian Students Negatively, Says UK Varsity Don on 05/12/2019 at 05:38
[This Day] Abuja -Nigerians having doubts over tuition but intending to study in the United Kingdom can now heave a sigh of relief, as the controversial Brexit will be in their favour in terms of the cost of quality education.
- Rwanda: How Local Brands Will Benefit From the PSG Deal on 05/12/2019 at 05:26
[New Times] Rwandan brands are upbeat on the opportunities that will stem from the newly signed partnership agreement between the government and French football club, Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).
- Namibia: German Embassy Supports Pionier Boys' School in Windhoek on 04/12/2019 at 15:36
[New Era] Windhoek -Orgill van Wyk and Benneth Sankwasa, the school principal and hostel superintendent of Pionier Boys' School, signed a grant contract with Ambassador Herbert Beck. The school in Windhoek receives financial support amounting to N$62 098.16, which will be used to purchase a solar system for warm water supply for the school hostel. The donation is made available through the micro-project fund of the Embassy.
- Angola: Angolan Delegation Presents Economic Reforms in Germany on 04/12/2019 at 14:04
[ANGOP] Luanda -An Angolan multi-sector delegation introduced the country's transparency-oriented economic policies and reforms on Tuesday in Germany.
- Western Sahara: Aminatou to Swedish Parliament - 'Your Decision to Recognize Sadr Delighted Us, but Failing to Implement It Was Regrettable' on 04/12/2019 at 12:51
[SPS] Stockholm (Sweden) -Saharawi human rights defender and winner of 2019 Rights Livelihood Awar, Mrs. Aminatou Haidar, emphasized in the Swedish Parliament on Monday that the Parliament's decision to recognize the Saharawi Republic in 2012 was delightful but failing to implement it by the Swedish government in 2016 was regrettable.
- Rwanda: French Football Giants PSG to Promote Brand Rwanda on 04/12/2019 at 12:43
[New Times] Following a successful partnership with Arsenal, Rwanda has now signed a deal with French football club, Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), arguably the most successful club in French history.
- Rwanda: 10 Things to Know About Rwanda-PSG Deal on 04/12/2019 at 12:43
[New Times] Rwanda and French Football club Paris Saint Germain (PSG) have announced a three-year sponsorship deal. This is the second partnership deal with a football club following on a three year deal with Arsenal FC in May 2018.
- Liberia: Barca Fan Club Launched in Liberia on 04/12/2019 at 12:21
[Observer] An official fan club of supporters, sympathizers and admirers of Spanish football team, Football Club (FC) Barcelona, was over the weekend launched in Paynesville.
- Africa: France Supporting Terrorism in Africa? on 04/12/2019 at 11:01
[Ghanaian Times] France has for many years pursued a shady foreign policy in Africa by sometimes cooperating with terrorists and gangsters to achieve its goals.
- Sierra Leone: EU Film Festival Attracts More Than 2,000 Viewers on 04/12/2019 at 09:57
[Concord] A film festival organized by the European Union in collaboration with the Sierra Leone Film Guild and Freetown Media Center attracted more than 2,000 viewers including pupils, university students, film makers and casts in Freetown, Bo, Kenema and Makeni.
- Zimbabwe: Political Parties Welcome UN Official's Call for Removal of Sanctions on 04/12/2019 at 08:32
[The Herald] Political parties have welcomed a high-ranking United Nations official's call for the immediate removal of sanctions imposed on Zimbabwe by some Western countries.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”6″ maximgwidth=”100″]