AllAfrica News: Latest All Africa, All the Time.
- South Africa: Twelve Years of Load Shedding - Written, Starring & Directed By the ANC on 09/12/2019 at 07:33
[Daily Maverick] The ANC will no doubt deny that it can be held responsible for load shedding and it will explain how mistakes were made. But it has not, as far as is known, closed down Chancellor House. It has not even subjected the culprits for Eskom's diabolical decline, including Jacob Zuma, to any disciplinary processes. Where the Eskom disaster is concerned, the ANC has done... nothing.
- Zimbabwe: State Withdraws Anti-Govt Plot Charges Against Opposition MPs on 09/12/2019 at 07:30
[New Zimbabwe] The State has withdrawn subversion charges pressed against two MDC Kwekwe legislators for lack of evidence to institute trial proceedings.
- West Africa: West Africa Single Currency - a Journey to Nowhere? on 09/12/2019 at 07:25
[This Day] Obinna Chima wonders if West African countries can ever meet the target of adopting a single currency in the region, especially with January 2020 no longer achievable
- Zimbabwe: Teacher Caught Up in August 1 Shootings Sues Army on 09/12/2019 at 07:25
[New Zimbabwe] A Zimbabwean schoolteacher has taken the Justice Minister and the army commander to court to pursue over $400 000 in terms of damage for injuries suffered when he got shot by soldiers during the August 1, 2018 post-election violence in Harare.
- Zimbabwe: Firm Struggles to Export U.S.$750 000 Cotton Due to Permit Issuance Delays on 09/12/2019 at 07:22
[New Zimbabwe] Zimbabwe's second largest local cotton firm, Southern Cotton Company (SCC) says it is holding on to cotton lint worth US$750 000 which is long overdue for exportation owing to the time-consuming process of getting export licences from government.
- Southern Africa: South Africa-Financed Bridges Commissioned in Zimbabwe on 09/12/2019 at 07:22
[CAJ News] Chimanimani -South Africa has spent R59 million to construct bridges in Zimbabwean communities left stranded by the deadly Cyclone Idai early this year.
- Kenya: Broke Gor Mahia Coach on the Verge of Leaving the Club on 09/12/2019 at 06:51
[Nairobi News] Gor Mahia coach Steven Polack is contemplating leaving the club due to what he says is a very hard working condition occasioned by the tough financial constraints currently bedeviling the reigning Kenya Premier League champions.
- Nigeria: Orji Kalu Will Receive Full Salaries, Allowances in Prison - Senate on 09/12/2019 at 06:35
[Premium Times] The convicted Chief Whip of the Senate, Orji Kalu, will continue to receive his salaries and all other entitlements while in prison, the Senate has said.
- Africa: Africa Needs to Work Together to Achieve Progress - Kagame on 09/12/2019 at 06:30
[New Times] President Paul Kagame on Sunday told participants gathered at the inaugural 'Kusi Ideas Festival' that it was important for Africa to work together as one continent if it is to achieve the progress people aspire to have.
- Africa: Artists Reclaim Homeland With Touring Exhibition on 09/12/2019 at 06:29
[VOA] Dakar -Berlin, Paris and London are common destinations for African artists seeking to establish their careers and build name recognition. But as they focus their attention on the West, they risk being forgotten at home. Such was the inspiration behind a traveling exhibition making its way across Africa.
- Kenya: Heavy Security at Milimani Court as Sonko Set to Appear on 09/12/2019 at 06:26
[Capital FM] There was heavy security at the Milimani Law Courts in Nairobi where Governor Mike Sonko was set to face corruption and assault charges on Monday morning.
- Tanzania: Millionaire Ali Mufuruki Succumbed to Pneumonia - Family Friend on 09/12/2019 at 06:13
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Tanzania's dollar millionaire, who passed on on Saturday night, succumbed to pneumonia, a family friend said on Sunday, December 08, 2019.
- South Africa: Ruling Party Says Not Aware of Former President Zuma Being Ill on 09/12/2019 at 05:55
[News24Wire] It seems the ANC is just as surprised as most people by news reports that former president Jacob Zuma had taken ill and is undergoing treatment in Cuba.
- Nigeria: Nigeria to Unveil New Visa Regime This Year - Official on 09/12/2019 at 05:45
[Premium Times] The Comptroller General (CGI) of Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Muhammad Babandede, says the federal government plans to introduce a new visa regime to boost the economy.
- Africa: Plan With Us, Not for Us, Say Poor Communities On Climate Protection on 09/12/2019 at 05:10
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] From young "climate warriors" planning to improve Lagos slums with solar lighting and cleaner drains, to Bangladeshi researchers working with vulnerable villagers at risk from rising seas, poor communities are generating a huge amount of knowledge on how to live better on a warming planet.
- Africa: Reinhard Bonnke, German Evangelist Who Inspired Millions, Dies At 79 on 09/12/2019 at 04:49
[Deutsche Welle] Reinhard Bonnke's ministry claims he converted tens of millions in Africa to Christianity. Leaders in Africa paid tribute to the late evangelist, including Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari.
- West Africa: Runaway Warming Could Sink Fishing and Reef Tourism, Researchers Warn on 09/12/2019 at 04:43
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] London -Reef tourism, a nearly $36-billion-a-year industry today, could see more than 90% losses by 2100, ocean experts warn
- South Africa: South Africa's Zozibini Tunzi is Miss Universe 2019! on 09/12/2019 at 04:29
[allAfrica] Cape Town -South Africa's Zozibini Tunzi has been crowned Miss Universe 2019.
- Sudan: Prime Minister Promises "Sudan will never be the same again" on 08/12/2019 at 15:31
[Atlantic Council] Washington, DC -Sudanese Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok became the first Sudanese leader to travel to Washington, DC in more than thirty years, seeking to win more international support for his transitional government as it tries to guide Sudan towards democracy.
- Kenya: Kipchoge Awarded Honorary Doctorate Degree for Contribution to Sports on 08/12/2019 at 12:34
[Nairobi News] Olympic marathon champion and world record holder Eliud Kipchoge was on Friday conferred with an honorary doctorate degree by Laikipia University during the institution's 7th graduation ceremony.
- Uganda: Death Toll in Bundibugyo Floods Jumps to 22, Several Missing on 08/12/2019 at 12:33
[Monitor] The search and rescue team in the western district of Bundibugyo have recovered 10 more bodies following heavy rains that have cause floods and landslides in the area. This brings the total number of bodies recovered so far to 22 as more people are still missing.
- Uganda: Bugisu Landslides - More Bodies Recovered As Toll Increases to 13 on 08/12/2019 at 12:31
[Monitor] Eight more bodies have been recovered in Bududa and Sironko districts following landslides in Bugisu sub-region triggered by heavy rains, bringing the death toll so far to 13.
- South Africa: Trapped Gold Miners Found Dead in South Africa on 08/12/2019 at 12:29
[News24Wire] The final casualty in the Tau Lekoa mine disaster near Orkney, North West, has been located and was being retrieved, Village Main Reef Limited confirmed on Sunday.
- Tanzania: Tanzanian Dollar Millionaire Ali Mufuruki Dies in South Africa on 08/12/2019 at 12:26
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -One of Tanzania's dollar millionaires and chairman for Infotech Investment Group, Ali Mufuruki, is no more.
- East Africa: The East African Court of Justice Throws Out Case On Nkurunziza Third Term on 08/12/2019 at 12:16
[East African] The East African Court of Justice has dismissed a case against the Burundi government which sought to block President Pierre Nkurunziza's 2015 move to vie for a third term.
- Nigeria: U.S. Expresses 'Deep Concern' About Sowore's Arrest on 08/12/2019 at 12:13
[Premium Times] The U.S. government has said it is 'deeply concerned' by the rearrest of Omoyele Sowore by the State Security Service (SSS).
- East Africa: Germany Gives U.$,128 Million for East Africa's Health on 08/12/2019 at 12:12
[East African] The East African Community Secretariat has signed an agreement that will see the German government fund health and education programmes in the region to the tune of $128 million.
- South Sudan: South Sudan Talks Hit a Deadlock Over States and Boundaries on 08/12/2019 at 12:03
[East African] The government of Juba has thrown a spanner in the works by proposing that the contested number of states--one of the impediments to the formation of transitional government--be increased to 40 or even 55, throwing away everything put on the table so far. The negotiations are now deadlocked.
- Zimbabwe: Mnangagwa Threatens to 'Deal' With Doctors on 08/12/2019 at 10:44
[Zimbabwe Standard] President Emmerson Mnangagwa yesterday threatened to "deal" with striking doctors, claiming they were being paid by unknown organisations to continue with their job boycott.
- Tanzania: Blow to Northern Corridor As Tanzania Signs Deal to Link SGR to Burundi, DRC on 08/12/2019 at 09:55
[East African] Tanzania has signed an agreement to link its Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) to Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo, in a deal that gives Dar es Salaam's multi-billion-dollar project a major shot in the arm.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”16″ maximgwidth=”100″]