AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- South Africa: The Name of the Game Is Tennis for a Group of Youngsters in Rural Limpopoby Daily Maverick on 22/09/2021 at 15:50
[Daily Maverick] The youngsters of Thomo in Limpopo may have a holey net, no shoes, only one tennis ball and a few old rackets, but they are determined to play tennis - the game they love.
- Namibia: Nampower to Sponsor Disabled Athletes Categories At Upcoming Sports Awardsby Namibia Economist on 22/09/2021 at 15:34
[Namibia Economist] NamPower has pledged a total of N$300,000 to sponsor the categories of athletes with disabilities at the upcoming Namibia Annual Sports Awards.
- Namibia: Fistball Action Returns This Weekend After 5-Month Breakby Namibia Economist on 22/09/2021 at 15:33
[Namibia Economist] After five months of non-activity, the Bank Windhoek Fistball League returns with the Playoffs on Saturday, 25 September, 8:30 at the Sport Klub Windhoek (SKW) Fistball Arena in Windhoek.
- South Africa: Banyana Banyana Emerge Victorious in Aisha Buhari Cupby SAFA on 22/09/2021 at 14:30
[SAFA] Nigeria... ... ... ... .. (0)2 (Vivian Ikechukwu 46', 53')
- Ghana: Ashgold Pres, CEO Charged for Match Manipulationby Ghanaian Times on 22/09/2021 at 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] The President of Ashantigold SC KwakuFrimpong and the Chief Executive Officer of the Club Emmanuel Frimpong have both been charged on three counts of misconduct for match manipulation in their 2020/21 Ghana Premier League Week 34 match against Inter Allies at the Obuasi Len Clay Stadium on July 17, 2021.
- Ghana: GT Olympics to Improve On Performance - Fianooby Ghanaian Times on 22/09/2021 at 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] Ghana's 'Wonder Club' Accra Great Olympics are seeking to churn out a more compelling performance and better placement on the log this season.
- Cameroon/Ghana: Ghana Beat Cameroon in Aisha Buhari Cupby Ghanaian Times on 22/09/2021 at 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] Two second half goals from Princella Adobea and Vivian Adjei Konadu propelled Ghana to a 2-0 win over Cameroon in their second Group B game to end the Aisha Buhari tournament.
- Nigeria/South Africa: Banyana Banyana Emerge Victorious in Nigeriaby SAnews.gov.za on 22/09/2021 at 13:41
[SAnews.gov.za] Minister of Sport, Arts and Culture Nathi Mthetwa has congratulated senior national women's football side, Banyana Banyana, on their victory in the first ever Aisha Buhari football cup.
- Namibia: Nangolo to Headline Next Month's AC Boxing Bonanzaby New Era on 22/09/2021 at 13:34
[New Era] Local boxing prospect Flame 'Special One' Nangolo will next month seek to maintain his perfect winning streak when he takes on Gustaf Petrus in the main fight of the AC Boxing Promotions bonanza set for the Nampower Convention Centre in the capital. The upcoming bonanza, which was officially launched yesterday in Windhoek by AC Boxing Promotions founder Imms Moses, will take place on 9 October and will see a line-up of some of the country's top promising talents in action.
- Namibia: Khuse FC Determined to Reach the Semisby New Era on 22/09/2021 at 13:10
[New Era] Oshana-based Khuse FC is one of eight teams that booked their ticket to the quarterfinals of the MTC NFA Cup - and team manager David Tutaleni is determined to reach the semi-finals of the tournament. Khuse, who plays in the Second Division, will face Namibia Premier Football League campaigners, Civics, in the quarterfinals set for the Tsumeb Oscar Norich Stadium on Saturday at 14h00.
- Kenya: Odibets Gifts Ferdinand Omanyala Brand New Carby Capital FM on 22/09/2021 at 12:51
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Sprint sensation Ferdinand Omanyala has been gifted a brand-new car by betting firm Odibets as a reward for breaking the African 100 metres record last weekend at the Kip Keino Classic.
- Kenya: Shujaa Coach Simiyu Out to Go One Better in Edmonton 7sby Capital FM on 22/09/2021 at 12:51
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- After registering an impressive performance in Vancouver 7s, the national men's sevens team will be aiming to go one better when they tackle a manageable Pool B of this weekend's Edmonton 7s in Canada.
- Namibia: Mboma Scoops Top Ranking As Season Endsby New Era on 22/09/2021 at 12:47
[New Era] In its latest global rankings, World Athletics has ranked Namibia's Tokyo Olympics silver medallist Christine Mboma as the number one athlete in the 200m event, finishing well ahead of Olympics double champion Elaine Thompson-Herah of Jamaica. The 18-year-old Mboma, who recently claimed the 2021 Diamond League and World U/20 Championships 200m crowns, finished top of this season's world rankings with 1 455 points - and saw Jamaica's Shericka Jackson finishing in second place with 1407 points.
- Namibia: Johannes Received With Hero's Welcomeby New Era on 22/09/2021 at 12:45
[New Era] Residents of the Ohangwena region came out in large numbers yesterday to welcome home local up-andcoming sprinter Epifania Johannes with her two silver medals won at the International Schools Sport Federation U15 Sports Games that took place in Serbia recently.
- Kenya: Marathon Queen Mary Keitany Retiresby Nation on 22/09/2021 at 12:44
[Nation] Kenyan running great Mary Keitany has announced her retirement from athletics.
- Cameroon: Samuel Eto'o to Vie for Football Federation Presidential Seatby Nation on 22/09/2021 at 12:44
[Nation] Yaounde -- Four-time African player of the year, Samuel Eto'o Fils has declared his interest in the presidency of the Cameroon Football Federation, Fecafoot.
- Kenya: Skipper Ouma Rallies Her Troops Ahead of Crunch Afrobasket Tieby Nation on 22/09/2021 at 12:44
[Nation] Kenya Lionesses captain Rose Ouma has urged her compatriots to bring their A game against Mozambique during their quarterfinal qualifier at the ongoing Fiba AfroBasket Championships in Yaounde, Cameroon on Wednesday at 7pm EAT.
- Kenya: AFC Leopards Promote Five Players From Youth Teamby Nation on 22/09/2021 at 12:43
[Nation] AFC Leopards have promoted five players from their junior team ahead of the 2021/2022 Football Kenya Federation Premier League (FKF-PL) scheduled to kick off this weekend.
- Liberia: Montserrado District Tournament Enters Semifinalby FrontPageAfrica on 22/09/2021 at 11:50
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- The 2021 Montserrado county district league has reach it semi-final after entertaining match in the quarterfinals.
- Liberia: Ezekiel Doekpa Takes Charge of Lofa County Kickball Teamby FrontPageAfrica on 22/09/2021 at 11:49
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- Lofa County sports steering committee has appointed Ezekiel Sunday Doekpa as head coach of the county kickball team for the upcoming national county sports meet.
- Lesotho: Govt Rewards Athlete Khotleleby Lesotho Times on 22/09/2021 at 10:24
[Lesotho Times] The government has pledged to reward Lesotho's only athlete in the just ended Paralympics, Litsitso Khotlele, with M20 000 for her efforts during the games.
- Lesotho: Cosmos Academy Out to Revive Tennisby Lesotho Times on 22/09/2021 at 10:17
[Lesotho Times] COSMOS Tennis Academy co-founder, Rantsane Monare, is out to revive the sport which has been on a downward spiral in the last few years.
- Lesotho: Makhakhe Crashes Out of Jozi Openby Lesotho Times on 22/09/2021 at 10:15
[Lesotho Times] Tennis sensation, Neo Makhakhe, crashed out of the ongoing Jozi Open Tournament after losing 2-1 to South African, Da-Niel Kotze, on Sunday.
- Lesotho: Elections Are Done, Now to the Real Workby Lesotho Times on 22/09/2021 at 10:13
[Lesotho Times] The Lesotho Football Association (LeFA) held its presidential elections last weekend and president Salemane Phafane retained his post for the fifth time in a row.
- Kenya: Young Stars Stirring Fresh Interest in Sporting Activitiesby Nation on 22/09/2021 at 09:34
[Nation] Kenya witnessed Ferdinard Omanyala, the newest athletics 100 metres sensation of the season, being unveiled last Saturday during the second Kip Keino Classic World Athletics Continental Tour.
- Kenya: KRU Question Choice of World Cup Qualifiers Venueby Nation on 22/09/2021 at 09:33
[Nation] Kenya has strongly protested Rugby Africa's decision to host the 2023 Paris Rugby World Cup Africa qualifiers in France next year.
- Zimbabwe: Rejuvenated Zim Striker Macauley Bonne Earns Coach's Plauditsby New Zimbabwe on 22/09/2021 at 08:19
[New Zimbabwe] QUEENS Park Rangers manager Mark Warburton is pleased with the progress made by Zimbabwean striker Macauley Bonne during his loan spell at Ipswich Town - and has not ruled out bringing him back to the Championship club earlier than planned.
- Zimbabwe: Sables to Play Rugby World Cup Qualifiers in France Next Yearby New Zimbabwe on 22/09/2021 at 08:14
[New Zimbabwe] ZIMBABWE'S national rugby team, the Sables, will join seven other African countries in the continental qualifiers for the 2023 Rugby World Cup which will be staged as a knockout tournament in France in July next year.
- Zimbabwe: Nakamba Braces for Epic CR7 Showdownby The Herald on 22/09/2021 at 08:09
[The Herald] IT all started with Marshall Munetsi coming up face-to-face with the great Lionel Messi in a French Ligue 1 match, at Stade Auguste-Delaune II, on August 29.
- Namibia: Cricketers Off to World Cupby Namibian on 22/09/2021 at 08:05
[Namibian] ANTICIPATION for Namibia's first-ever appearance at the T20 Cricket World Cup is growing, after the national team, the Eagles, were officially sent off at a glittering function on Monday night.