AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Africa: Chiyangwa Pledges Cosafa Backing for Motsepeby The Herald on 28/01/2021 at 14:29
[The Herald] COSAFA president Phillip Chiyangwa has said that the region will back South African billionaire owner of Mamelodi Sundowns Football Club, Patrice Motsepe, to run for the CAF presidency in March this year.
- Zimbabwe: Naaz Suspend Cross Country Eventsby The Herald on 28/01/2021 at 13:31
[The Herald] THE National Athletics Association of Zimbabwe have suspended all cross country events for this season.
- Southern Africa: Zambia Seal CHAN Quarterfinal Place With Namibia Drawby Cosafa on 28/01/2021 at 13:30
[Cosafa] Zambia sealed their place in the quarterfinals of the African Nations Championship following a 0-0 draw with COSAFA rivals Namibia in their final Group D clash on Wednesday.
- Kenya: FKF Boss Cleared to Contest FIFA Postby Nation on 28/01/2021 at 13:26
[Nation] Football Kenya Federation (FKF) president Nick Mwendwa's candidature for the position of Fifa Council member has been approved.
- Malawi: Volleyball Association of Malawi for Visionary Regional Leadersby Nyasa Times on 28/01/2021 at 13:21
[Nyasa Times] The Volleyball Association of Malawi (VAM) has said it wants visionary leaders in its regional leagues.
- Rwanda/Guinea: CHAN 2020 - Rwanda to Face Guinea in Last Eightby New Times on 28/01/2021 at 12:53
[New Times] The national football team, Amavubi, will take on Guinea in the quarter-finals of the ongoing 6th African Nations Championship (CHAN) in Cameroon.
- Rwanda: Kiyovu Defender Irambona Ruled Out for Six Monthsby New Times on 28/01/2021 at 12:47
[New Times] Sports club Kiyovu left-back Eric Irambona is expected to be out of action for at least six months after undergoing a successful ankle surgery.
- Namibia: Full Calendar for African Rugbyby Namibian on 28/01/2021 at 12:44
[Namibian] RUGBY Africa has announced a full programme of continental tournaments for the coming year, subject to change due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
- Kenya: Kenya Morans Receive Wamukota Boostby Nation on 28/01/2021 at 12:37
[Nation] Centre Bush Wamukota has finally linked up with the Kenya national basketball team, Morans ahead of the final round of Afrobasket Group B qualifiers set for Yaounde, Cameroon next month.
- Rwanda: Amavubi's Journey to the CHAN 2020 Quarterfinalsby New Times on 28/01/2021 at 12:36
[New Times] The day the national team, Amavubi, flew to Cameroon to take part in the ongoing 2020 African Nations Championships (CHAN), very few Rwandans were confident that a qualification from their Group C opponents was possible.
- South Africa: Proteas Women Whitewash Pakistan in One Day International Seriesby Daily Maverick on 28/01/2021 at 11:31
[Daily Maverick] It was not a classic display for the Proteas women, but they sealed a convincing 3-0 victory over Pakistan in the One Day International series. Now they shift the focus to the T20 series against the same opposition.
- Kenya: Tetu Youths Earn a Living From Playing Poolby Capital FM on 28/01/2021 at 11:21
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- A pool playing based company has formed youth hubs in a bid to ensure young generation gets employment through the game.
- Kenya: Gor Mahia Smack Zoo to Bounce Back to Winning Waysby Capital FM on 28/01/2021 at 11:21
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Gor Mahia bounced back to winning ways in the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Premier League after beating Zoo Kericho 3-0 at the Kasarani Stadium on Wednesday evening.
- Kenya: Federations Receive Kit for Athletes From NOC-Kby Capital FM on 28/01/2021 at 11:21
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The National Olympic Committee of Kenya (NOC-K) has began an exercise to distribute training and competition kit to national federations.
- Kenya: Indiza Out to Bag Maximum Points in Nyali Safari Tour Legby Capital FM on 28/01/2021 at 11:21
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Long-hitting golfer Dismas Indiza will be out to bag maximum points in the seventh leg of the 2020/21 Safari Tour Golf Series scheduled for this weekend at the Nyali Golf and Country Club.
- Kenya: Vaz Pinto Asks for Patience as Gor Look to Bounce Backby Capital FM on 28/01/2021 at 11:21
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- New Gor Mahia head coach Carlos Manuel Vaz Pinto has asked for patience from the K'Ogalo faithful as he looks to put the side's Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Betking Premier League campaign back on track.
- Kenya/Rwanda: Tuyisenge Named Man of the Match as Rwanda Progress to CHAN Quartersby Capital FM on 28/01/2021 at 11:08
[Capital FM] Limbe -- Former Gor Mahia striker Jacques Tuyisenge was named man of the match after scoring one of the goals as Rwanda came twice from a goal down to beat Togo 3-2 and qualify for the quarter finals of the African Nations Championship (CHAN) in Cameroon on Tuesday.
- Rwanda: CHAN 2020 - Sugira Delighted With Winning Goal, Keen to Improve On Fitnessby New Times on 28/01/2021 at 11:03
[New Times] Ernest Sugira is still reveling after scoring the winning goal in Rwanda's 3-2 victory over Togo on Tuesday, January 26 as the Amavubi qualified for the quarterfinals of the 2020 African Nations Championship in Cameroon.
- Rwanda: Basketball - Rwanda Ups Preps Ahead of Afrobasket Qualifiersby New Times on 28/01/2021 at 10:51
[New Times] The national basketball team head coach Henry Mwinuka is taking the team through intensive drills as he seeks to change the team's fortunes after a poor run in the first window of the Afrobasket qualifiers last year.
- Africa: FIFA Clears Way for CAF Presidential Pollsby CAJ News on 28/01/2021 at 10:35
[CAJ News] Cairo -- THE Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA) has cleared all four candidates aspiring for the position as president of the Confederation of African Football (CAF).
- Namibia/Zambia: Zambia Seek CHAN Quarterfinal Berth Against Cosafa Rivals Namibiaby Cosafa on 28/01/2021 at 10:33
[Cosafa] Zambia will be looking to qualify to the quarterfinals of the ongoing African Nations Championship (CHAN) when they face Namibia at Limbe Stadium on Wednesday.
- Liberia: Liberia Football Association to Kick-Off Us$1.4m Headquarters Projectby FrontPageAfrica on 28/01/2021 at 10:04
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- The Liberia Football Association (LFA) will shortly kick-off its headquarters project on the Samuel Kanyon Doe (SKD) Boulevard.
- Zimbabwe: FC Platinum Bolsters Squadby New Zimbabwe on 28/01/2021 at 09:26
[New Zimbabwe] Zimbabwe champions FC Platinum have bolstered their squad ahead of their CAF Confederation campaign after resigning veteran striker Donald Ngoma in addition to the capture of former Dynamos defender Blessing Moyo.
- Gambia: Bubacarr Sanneh Returns to AGF Aarhusby The Point on 28/01/2021 at 08:51
[The Point] Scorpions defender Bubacarr Sanneh has returned to Denmark to join Superliga side AGF Aarhus on loan from Belgian side Anderlecht until the end of the season.
- Gambia: I'm Impressed With My Team's Performance - Says Coach Kebbehby The Point on 28/01/2021 at 08:50
[The Point] Head coach of Gamtel FC, Gim Kebbeh has said that he was impressed with his team's performance despite their 1-0 defeat to Real De Banjul in their week-two fixture of the 2020-2021 Gambia Football Federation (GFF) Division One League played at the National Technical Training Centre in Yundum on Saturday.
- Gambia: Hawks Squander Another Vital Points in 1st Division Leagueby The Point on 28/01/2021 at 08:50
[The Point] Hawks on Saturday squandered another significant three points in the ongoing Gambia Football Federation (GFF) Division One League season after losing to The Gambia Armed Forces 2-0 in their week-two tie played at the Independence Stadium in Bakau.
- Zimbabwe: Athletes Ready for Dubai Grand Prixby The Herald on 28/01/2021 at 08:42
[The Herald] Zimbabwe's chef de mission for the Tokyo Paralympics Games, Ignatius Vambe, says they are confident some of their athletes will qualify for the world's biggest sporting event.
- Zimbabwe: Nakamba Linked With Surprise Valencia Moveby New Zimbabwe on 28/01/2021 at 08:25
[New Zimbabwe] Warriors midfielder Marvelous Nakamba has been linked with a surprise transfer from Aston Villa in the current transfer window, with struggling Spanish LaLiga side Valencia reportedly weighing a move for his services.
- Zimbabwe: Condolences Pour in for Layby The Herald on 28/01/2021 at 08:23
[The Herald] Sports Reporter
- Zimbabwe: Anti-Graft Body Revive Probe Into Football Body's U.S.$740,000 Transferby The Herald on 28/01/2021 at 08:23
[The Herald] Senior Sports Reporter