AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Zimbabwe/South Africa: Pitso Mosimane Praises Kaitano Tembo After South Africa PSL Milestoneby New Zimbabwe on 13/04/2021 at 12:45
[New Zimbabwe] Respected South African coach Pitso Mosimane has showered praises at Kaitano Tembo after the former Zimbabwe international recently reached a century of matches in charge at South African topflight club SuperSport United.
- Malawi: Boxing Champion Phiri Seeks Audience With President Chakweraby Nyasa Times on 13/04/2021 at 12:03
[Nyasa Times] The newly crowned Africa's lightweight World Boxing Federation (WBF) champion, Hannock Phiri, has said he would want to have an audience with President Lazarus Chakwera at State House just as was the case with the Malawi National Football Team when it qualified for the Africa Cup of Nations.
- Liberia: Sports Minister Wants 'Sports Development Tax' Levied On Some Consumer Goodsby FrontPageAfrica on 13/04/2021 at 11:10
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- In a move to develop sports throughout Liberia Youth and Sports Minister D. Zeogar Wilson says there is the need to have a sport development tax on certain commodities imported in Liberia including alcohol beverages and cigarettes.
- Liberia: 'LBA Must Take Preventative Measures' - Flames Presidentby FrontPageAfrica on 13/04/2021 at 11:10
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- The president of Flames Basketball side Calvin Diggs is calling on the Liberia Basketball Association (LBA) to take preventative measures to stop spectators from disrupting games at the Sports Commission on Broad Street.
- Cameroon: Olympics Intercontinental Play-Offs - Decisive Match for Lionessesby Cameroon Tribune on 13/04/2021 at 10:58
[Cameroon Tribune] Today's encounter is crucial for the Lionesses, as they must win convincing to secure a ticket for the Olympic Games.
- Zimbabwe: Zim Rugby Player Chibuwe Makes His Debut in Europeby The Herald on 13/04/2021 at 10:56
[The Herald] ZIMBABWE international rugby player Ngoni Chibuwe says he is happy to have played his first game for his Europe-based side Steaua Bucharest in Romania over the weekend.
- Kenya/Uganda: How Harambee Stars Duo Lit Up Ugandan Footballby Nation on 13/04/2021 at 10:45
[Nation] A number of foreign footballers have played in Ugandan topflight or Ugandan clubs and some for even the Cranes team.
- Zimbabwe: National Junior Championships On the Cardsby The Herald on 13/04/2021 at 10:30
[The Herald] Junior athletes looking at competing at this year's World Under-20 Athletics Championships in August will have a chance to attain the qualifying times when they compete in the National Junior Championships set for April 25 in Bulawayo.
- Zimbabwe: Muzinda's Professional Journey in Full Motionby The Herald on 13/04/2021 at 10:14
[The Herald] Sports Editor
- Zimbabwe: Rufaro Stadium Investor Runs Into Brickwallby The Herald on 13/04/2021 at 10:14
[The Herald] Sports Reporter
- Zimbabwe: Athletics Still Optimistic of Olympics Qualificationby The Herald on 13/04/2021 at 10:14
[The Herald] Senior Sports Reporter
- Zimbabwe: Ngezi Reshuffle Managementby The Herald on 13/04/2021 at 10:14
[The Herald] Sports Reporter
- Zimbabwe: Grand Victory, Great Campaignby The Herald on 13/04/2021 at 10:14
[The Herald] Senior Sports Editor
- Namibia: BA Blasting Win T20 Titleby Namibian on 13/04/2021 at 09:39
[Namibian] BA Blasting won the Richelieu Franchise T20 final in emphatic style when they beat King Price Kings by 54 runs in Sunday's final.
- Ghana: NSA Boss Justifies Large Number of Sports Federationsby Ghanaian Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:37
[Ghanaian Times] Director General of the National Sports Authority (NSA) Professor Peter Twumasi has defended the large number of sports federations in the country.
- Ghana: WPL - Police Ladies Deepen Woes of Thunder Queensby Ghanaian Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:37
[Ghanaian Times] Police Ladies began the second round of the Ghana Women's Premier League (WPL) with an emphatic 3-1 away victory over Thunder Queens at the Tema Community 8 Park on match day eight on Saturday.
- Ghana: Court Dismisses Contempt Application Against Kumasi Club Chairmanby Ghanaian Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:37
[Ghanaian Times] The High Court, Kumasi, has dismissed an application for contempt brought against the chairman of the Kumasi Club Limited, Richard Owusu Nyarko.
- Ghana: Kotoko Win, Hearts Loseby Ghanaian Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:36
[Ghanaian Times] Asante Kotoko climbed to the summit of the Ghana Premier League (GPL) after beating Berekum Chelsea 2-0 yesterday in a match week 19 fixture at the Len Clay Stadium.
- Ghana: Legon Cities Halt Oly's Runby Ghanaian Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:36
[Ghanaian Times] Legon Cities pulled a 2-0 stunning victory over high-flying Accra Great Olympics at the Accra Sports Stadium in a match day 19 fixture to boost their survival hopes in the Ghana Premier League (GPL).
- Ghana: Liberty Whip Sharks At Sogakopeby Ghanaian Times on 13/04/2021 at 09:36
[Ghanaian Times] Liberty Professionals put their troubles behind them to beat Elmina Sharks 4-0 on match day 19 of the Ghana Premier League at the Red Bull arena in Sogakope on Saturday.
- Namibia: De Lange Comes Out Trumpsby Namibian on 13/04/2021 at 09:26
[Namibian] TRISTAN de Lange was in fine form on Saturday when he won the Elite Men's race at the Nedbank Cross Country UCI race at Farm Windhoek.
- Zimbabwe: Cricket Prodigy Gets Coach's Plauditsby The Herald on 13/04/2021 at 08:49
[The Herald] Senior Sports Reporter
- Liberia: Heaven Eleven FC Remain Unbeatenby FrontPageAfrica on 13/04/2021 at 08:48
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- Run away Liberia Football Association Second Division league leaders FC Heaven Eleven continued their perfect start of the season on Friday, April 9, 2021 with a 2-3 win away from home over Mighty Blue Angels FC at the refurbished Tusa Field in Gardnerville.
- Liberia: Liberian Born Mohammed Kamara Wants Insurance Before Playing for Lone Starby FrontPageAfrica on 13/04/2021 at 08:47
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- Young Liberian born forward Mohammed Kamara has requested insurance from the Liberia Football Association or the government before playing for the Lone Star of Liberia.
- Liberia: Determine Girls Title Celebration Delayed By Ambassadors FCby FrontPageAfrica on 13/04/2021 at 08:47
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- Determine Girls will have to wait up to April 17, 2021 to be crowned Champions of the Orange Liberia Football Association (LFA) women's League, following a disappointing 1-1 draw against Ambassadors FC at the Nancy B. Doe Sports Stadium in Kakata on Saturday.
- Botswana: Ralebala BFL Chairpersonby Botswana Daily News on 13/04/2021 at 08:39
[Botswana Daily News] Gaborone -- Businessman and Masitaoka Football Club director, Aryl Ralebala is the new Botswana Football League (BFL) chairperson.
- Kenya: Tusker Assistant Coach Okere Appointed Harambee Starlets Head Coachby Capital FM on 13/04/2021 at 07:45
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Football Kenya Federation has appointed Charles Okere as the new head coach of the national women's football team, Harambee Starlets.
- Kenya: Kenya's Tanui Breaks Italian All-Comers' Record At Xiamen Marathon in Sienaby Capital FM on 13/04/2021 at 07:45
[Capital FM] Siena -- Kenya's Angela Tanui and Eric Kiptanui claimed victory at the Xiamen Marathon and Tuscany Camp Global Elite Race in Siena on Sunday, with Tanui breaking the Italian all-comers' record with 2:20:08 at the specially-organised elite-only event.
- Kenya: Up to 90 Vantage Media Points to Be Set Up in Kenya's WRC Safari Rallyby Capital FM on 13/04/2021 at 07:44
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The WRC Safari Rally will feature 90 vantage media points to ensure that every piece of action in the scenic route is captured for the benefit of many rally enthusiasts who will be watching from the comfort of their homes around the globe.
- Uganda: Cranes Captain Onyango Retires From International Footballby Nation on 13/04/2021 at 05:43
[Nation] Uganda Cranes captain Denis Onyango has retired from international football after over 16 years of service.