AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Kenya: U-20 Rugby Star Brighetti Will Now Play for Italy on 19/01/2020 at 21:21
[Nation] Kenya Under-20 back Michele Brighetti has ditched Kenya for Italy.
- Kenya: Busia Sound Warning Shot to Opponents Ahead of Championship on 19/01/2020 at 20:50
[Nation] Athletics Kenya Busia County vice chairperson, Ann Otiti has warned other counties to expect a bruising battle in the regional cross country athletic championship to be held at Masinde Muliro University in Kakamega this weekend.
- Kenya: Fast-Rising Kiprop Wins Nyandarua Cross Country on 19/01/2020 at 20:49
[Nation] Youngster Emmanuel Kiprop on Sunday won the senior men's race during Athletics Kenya (AK) Nyandarua County Cross Country Championship in Ol Kalou.
- Uganda: All or Nothing for Canons, City Oilers in Decisive Game Seven on 19/01/2020 at 16:18
[Observer] On two different occasions this week, during games five and six of the National Basketball League playoff finals, the championship trophy and medals have had to be returned to the locker.
- Kenya: Nation FC Bow Out of FKF Cup on 19/01/2020 at 12:58
[Nation] Debutants Nation FC were eliminated from the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Cup by Jericho Revelation going down 3-1 in a match played under sweltering heat at the Camp Toyoyo grounds in Nairobi on Sunday.
- Kenya: Ulinzi Youth Down Jysa on 19/01/2020 at 12:56
[Nation] Ulinzi Youth are the new boys' champions in the Central region Chapa Dimba na Safaricom football tournament.
- Rwanda: Rayon Thrash Espoir to Cut Gap On APR to Four Points on 19/01/2020 at 11:52
[New Times] RAYON Sports returned to their winning ways with a thumping 3-0 win over Espoir on Saturday as they cut the gap on Rwanda Premier League leaders APR to four points.
- Rwanda: Sports Ministry Tips Team Rwanda for Amissa Bongo Glory on 19/01/2020 at 11:39
[New Times] The Permanent Secretary at the Ministry for Sports, Didier Shema Maboko, has tipped Team Rwanda to shine at the 2020 La Tropicale Amissa Bongo race, which gets underway Monday.
- Malawi/Zimbabwe: Malawi Women U-20 in Late Equaliser Against Zimbabwe on 19/01/2020 at 11:21
[Nyasa Times] Malawi Under-20 Women's National Football team came from behind with a Yamikani Mhango's late equaliser against Zimbabwe on Saturday at Kamuzu Stadium in Blantyre.
- Kenya: Taifa Open Karate Tourney Starts in Mombasa on 18/01/2020 at 23:28
[Nation] The Taifa Open Karate Individual Championship got off to a good start at Greenwood Academy in Mombasa on Saturday with youngsters fighting for slots in the Dubai International tournament.
- Kenya: Falling Waters Sink Karima Queens in Nanyuki on 18/01/2020 at 13:03
[Nation] Falling Waters from Laikipia on Saturday kept alive their dream of retaining the Chapa Dimba na Safaricom Central region girl's title after they thumped Nyeri's Karima Queens 12-0 to reach the final.
- Zimbabwe: Musona Eager to Impress At New Belgian Club on 18/01/2020 at 13:00
[New Zimbabwe] ZIMBABWE Warriors captain Knowledge Musona will be seeking a positive start to life at his new club KAS Eupen when they face second placed Charleroi in a Belgian Pro League Saturday.
- Tanzania: Tanzania Eye Perfect FIFA U-20 Women Qualifiers Start on 18/01/2020 at 11:31
[Daily News] NATIONAL Under-20 players have said they are ready and vowed to with the first leg of FIFA U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers clash against Uganda tomorrow.
- Ghana: Kotoko to Vent Spleen On Dwarfs on 18/01/2020 at 10:34
[Ghanaian Times] Premier League strugglers, Dwarfs will be in hot waters tomorrow when they play as guests of Kumasi Asante Kotoko in a fifth week Ghana Premier League clash at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium.
- Ghana: Gusa Games End Today on 18/01/2020 at 10:19
[Ghanaian Times] After over two weeks of excitement, the curtains will be drawn on the 26th Ghana Universities Sports Association (GUSA) Games today at the University of Ghana (UG), Legon.
- South Africa: 'If There's One Cyclist Who Can Come Back, It's Nic Dlamini' on 17/01/2020 at 14:53
[Daily Maverick] The year has begun with concerns about when Nic Dlamini will return to professional cycling while he waits for his broken arm to heal after a physical altercation with rangers, and also with the spotlight on South African National Parks (SANParks) amid complaints about abuse and poor training.
- South Africa: Zangqa Takes Kings Coaching Reins in Stormers Friendly on 17/01/2020 at 14:47
[News24Wire] Port Elizabeth -Vuyo Zangqa will take charge of the Southern Kings as head coach when the PRO14 franchise clashes with the Stormers in a friendly match in Knysna on Friday night (19:00 kick-off).
- South Africa: Rabada Banned for Wanderers Test After Root Celebration on 17/01/2020 at 14:14
[News24Wire] Cape Town -South Africa's Kagiso Rabada will miss the fourth Test against England at Wanderers after being docked one demerit point for his celebrations in dismissing England captain Joe Root on Thursday.
- South Africa: Proteas Bowlers Impress On Dead St George's Pitch on 17/01/2020 at 13:52
[Daily Maverick] The Proteas toiled on dead pitch after captain Faf du Plessis lost his sixth toss in a row and England unsurprisingly chose to bat at St George's Park on Thursday, 16 January 2020.
- Tanzania: Aston Villa Hoping to Sign Genk Striker Mbwana Samatta for £10m on 17/01/2020 at 13:24
[Citizen] London -Aston Villa are hoping to complete a £10m deal for Genk striker Mbwana Samatta as manager Dean Smith moves to strengthen his attacking options, reports the BBC.
- Tanzania: What Could Stop Mbwana Samatta's Move to Aston Villa on 17/01/2020 at 13:24
[Citizen] London -Reports in Belgium have stated that Aston Villa have arranged an £8.5 million deal to bring Tanzanian forward Mbwana Ally Samatta to the club from Jupiler Pro side Racing Club Genk.
- Kenya: Kipchoge, Bekele Renew Rivalry in London on 17/01/2020 at 12:43
[Capital FM] Nairobi -The gladiatorial match-up the whole world has been waiting for - Eliud Kipchoge versus Kenenisa Bekele - is on and will take place on 26 April at the 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon.
- Kenya: World Braces for Kipchoge Versus Bekele Battle in London on 17/01/2020 at 12:40
[Nation] An epic battle is in the offing when world marathon record holder Eliud Kipchoge takes on rival Kenenisa Bekele at the London Marathon in April.
- Zimbabwe: Hopeful Dynamos Kicks Off 2020 Season Preps on 17/01/2020 at 11:33
[263Chat] Harare giants, Dynamos will kick-start their 2020 Castle Lager Premier Soccer League (PSL) season preparations on Monday with the club leaders hopeful of returning smiles on the faces of club faithfuls.
- Nigeria: Barcelona, Liverpool, Tottenham - Garba Lawal Warns Osimhen to Look Well Before Leaping on 17/01/2020 at 10:33
[Daily Trust] A former Super Eagles utility player, Garba Lawal has warned Lille of France striker, Victor Osimhen to be careful to avoid any hasty decision now that he is being courted by some of the top clubs in Europe.
- South Africa: All Change and No Change in South African Cricket on 17/01/2020 at 08:35
[New Frame] Race and class dynamics continue to dominate the sport while Cricket South Africa still has no discernible plan to transform the game and promote black players.
- South Africa: Finding Answers to What Makes - or Breaks - Young Cricketers on 17/01/2020 at 08:02
[The Conversation Africa] Most of South Africa's top players, such as the champion batsman and former national captain AB de Villiers, come from privileged, or relatively privileged, white backgrounds.
- South Sudan: Ex-NBA Star Foots Bill for South Sudan on 17/01/2020 at 06:23
[Nation] South Sudan basketball team are enjoying every moment of their stay in Nairobi courtesy of former NBA star Luol Deng who has broken the bank for the team.
- Kenya: Kipchoge Discusses Track Races as Mo Farah Lands in Iten on 17/01/2020 at 06:11
[Nation] Despite the country's embarrassment of talent in distance running, it's a bizarre fact that Kenya has won the Olympic gold medal only once each in the 5,000 and 10,000 metres races.
- Kenya: Kipchoge to Battle Messi for Top Sports Award on 17/01/2020 at 04:24
[Nation] World marathon record holder Eliud Kipchoge has yet again been nominated for the 2019 Laureus Sportsman of the year award.