AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Ghana: Hearts Coach Koopman Wants to Sign New Strikeron 29/09/2023 at 10:48
[Ghanaian Times] Accra Hearts of Oak Head Coach, Martin Koopman, is hoping to sign another striker to strengthen the attacking department of the team,and complement the efforts of Congolese forward,KashalaWanet.
- Ghana/Namibia: Black Queens Book Namibia Date ...After 12-0 Mauling of Rwanda in Two Legson 29/09/2023 at 10:48
[Ghanaian Times] Ghana's female senior national team, the Black Queens, yesterday completed a 12-0 aggregate victory over the 'She-Amavubis' of Rwanda in the second leg of their 2024 Women's Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON) qualifiers played at the Accra Sports Stadium.
- Ghana: Don't Lose Confidence in Team ...Coach Ogum Tells Kotoko Fanson 29/09/2023 at 10:48
[Ghanaian Times] Kumasi Asante Kotoko Head Coach, Dr Prosper NartehOgum, has asked followers of the club not to lose confidence in the team after recording unimpressive outcomes in their opening games of the 2023/24 bePawa Ghana Premier League.
- Ghana: Alan Pledges to Invest in Sports Facilitieson 29/09/2023 at 10:48
[Ghanaian Times] Alan Kyerematen has pledged to oversee investment in the construction of 'world-class' sports facilities in Ghana if elected as President in the 2024 general elections.
- Nigeria: Napoli Finally Opens Up Over Osimhen's TikTok Videoon 29/09/2023 at 09:44
[Daily Trust] Serie A champions, Napoli, has finally spoken about a TikTok video it posted on their official page which has been generating reactions in Italy and across the world.
- Nigeria: TikTok Saga - Napoli Refuse to Apologise to Osimhenon 29/09/2023 at 09:44
[Premium Times] Instead of apologising to Osimhen, the club only explained they never had any intention to offend Osimhen with the soft contents.
- Nigeria: Govt Steps Into Osimhen's Napoli Adversityon 29/09/2023 at 09:40
[Daily Trust] The Federal Government of Nigeria yesterday said it would reach out to the government of Italy, Napoli and Osimhen over the issues he is having with his club.
- Botswana: Masisi Hails Botswana Afcon Bid Commiteeon 29/09/2023 at 07:16
[Botswana Daily News] Gaborone -- President Dr Mokgweetsi Masisi has extolled Botswana's efforts in putting the bid to host the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2027 finals.
- Angola: CAF Announces 2025/2027 Can Organizerson 29/09/2023 at 07:14
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The Confederation of African Football (CAF) Wednesday named Morocco as the organizer of the2025 African Cup of Nations, while Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya will jointly host the competition in 2027.
- Angola: Afro Cups - Angolan Football Teams Play for Group Stage Placeson 29/09/2023 at 07:14
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The four Angolan representatives in competitions under the aegis of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) will decide this weekend on qualification for the group stage of the two main club competitions.
- Nigeria: Nigeria's Sports Minister 'Intervenes' in Osimhen, Amusan's Caseson 29/09/2023 at 04:46
[Premium Times] The Minister said he was saddened by the developments surrounding Osimhen and Amusan, and that he was committed to establishing the facts of the matter.
- Mali: Salif Keïta, the Defiant Malian Football Legend Who Created History On and Off the Fieldon 29/09/2023 at 04:41
[The Conversation Africa] Former Malian footballer Salif "Domingo" Këita, who passed away on 2 September in Bamako, embodied a crucial moment in the history of African football, helping shape its relationship with the world. His influence was also felt in Europe, when he helped shine a light on the rights of French footballers at a critical time.
- Morocco/Nigeria: Why Nigeria Lost 2025 Afcon Bid to Moroccoon 28/09/2023 at 12:39
[Daily Trust] Nigeria's joint bid with the Republic of Benin has failed to sail through as the Confederation of African Football (CAF) announced Morocco as the host for the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) while Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania have been named joint hosts of the 2027 tournament.
- Uganda: Our Bid for Afcon 2027 Was the Most Attractive, Says Musevenion 28/09/2023 at 12:06
[Nile Post] President Museveni has congratulated the country, Kenya and Tanzania for winning the rights to jointly host the 2027 edition of the Africa Cup of Nations .
- Uganda: Govt Unveils Plan to Boost Education, Well Being Through National Sports Policyon 28/09/2023 at 12:06
[Nile Post] In a bid to bolster education and promote physical well-being among the youth, the Ugandan government has introduced a groundbreaking National Physical Education and Sports Policy.
- Africa: WAFCON 2024 Qualifiers: Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire Eliminatedon 28/09/2023 at 11:43
[CAF] Cameroon, four-time finalists of the TotalEnergies Women's Africa Cup of Nations, will not play in next year's tournament in Morocco after being eliminated by Kenya on Tuesday.
- Liberia/Cape Verde: Cape Verde Eliminates Liberia From AFWON Qualifierson 28/09/2023 at 10:05
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- Liberians walked from the Samuel K. Doe sports complex on Tuesday with disappointment Tuesday, following the female national team elimination from the African Women's Nations cup qualifiers.
- Liberia: Liberia Chess Federation Wins Gold and Bronze At the 2nd Accra Classicon 28/09/2023 at 10:05
[FrontPageAfrica] Paynesville City -- Liberia Chess Federation has won gold and bronze in the Blitz and classic categories of the Accra Classic tournament in Ghana.
- Liberia: Nimely Eyes Uzbekistan Top Scorer Awardon 28/09/2023 at 10:05
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- Liberian international striker Sylnavus Nimely is said to make name for himself in the Uzbekistan Super league with his unending impressive form.
- Namibia: Namibia, Uruguay Braced for World Cup 'Final' ...As End of 2023 Journey Beckonsby [email protected] (New Era) on 28/09/2023 at 07:15
[New Era] Rugby World Cup minnows Namibia and Uruguay clash in Lyon today in their own personal 'final', where the winner takes home the glory and the loser faces four years of frustration.
- Namibia: Backs to the Wall Against Uruguayby [email protected] (Namibian) on 28/09/2023 at 07:08
[Namibian] Namibia will have their backs to the wall when they take on Uruguay in their final Rugby World Cup match in Lyon tonight.
- South Africa: Pollard Steps in Against Tongaby [email protected] (Scrolla) on 28/09/2023 at 05:22
[Scrolla] The smart money had it that Manie Libbok would come on at the start of the Springboks' match against Tonga on Sunday and Handré Pollard would be eased in sometime during the second half but Rassie Erasmus and Jacques Nienaber have taken the opposite route.
- South Africa: Downs March On As Chiefs Edge Sekhukhuneby [email protected] (Scrolla) on 28/09/2023 at 05:18
[Scrolla] Mamelodi Sundowns avoided their first defeat of the season after coming from behind to force a 3-1 victory over Stellenbosch at Lucas Moripe Stadium on Wednesday.
- Africa: TECNO Mobile Becomes One of the Official Sponsors of Africa Cup of Nations Côte d'Ivoire 2023on 27/09/2023 at 13:03
[CAF] The Confédération Africaine de Football ("CAF") and global technology company TECNO Mobile concluded an Agreement in terms of which TECNO Mobile becomes one of the Official Sponsors of the TotalEnergies CAF Africa Cup of Nations Côte d'Ivoire 2023.
- Botswana: Orapa Half Marathon to Support Nkoboloon 27/09/2023 at 12:40
[Botswana Daily News] Gaborone -- Former national team 400m star, Onkabetse Nkobolo will enjoy a stipend of P2 000 monthly for a period of 12 months, courtesy of Orapa athletics cubs through its annual flagship event, Orapa Half Marathon.
- Africa: Kenya Wins Bid to Host 2027 Africa Cup of Nations With Uganda, Tanzaniaon 27/09/2023 at 12:31
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The East Africa Pamoja Bid by Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania to bring the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations to the region has been successful, with the CAF Executive Committee voting for the three countries to host the tournament.
- Tanzania/Cote d'Ivoire: President Suluhu Awards Twiga Stars for Winon 27/09/2023 at 11:41
[Daily News] President Samia Suluhu Hassan hailed the Senior Women's Team (Twiga Stars) for winning their game against Ivory Coast. The Head of State also awarded Twiga Stars 10m/-.
- Uganda: 2023 Standard Chartered Cup Launched and Liverpool Legend Steve Mcmanaman Slated to Grace the 6th Edition of the Popular Futsal Tournamenton 27/09/2023 at 11:07
[Nile Post] Standard Chartered Uganda has today launched the 6th edition of its Standard Chartered Cup - futsal tournament. The 2023 Standard Chartered Cup tournament was announced at a press conference held at the Bank's Head Quarters at Speke Road.
- Africa: Senegal Through to Second Round of TotalEnergies WAFCOM Qualifierson 27/09/2023 at 09:38
[CAF] Senegal have secured their place in the second round of the TotalEnergies CAF Women's Africa Cup of Nations, Morocco 2024 Qualifiers after a hard fought 2-1 away victory over Mozambique.
- Kenya/Cameroon: Thank You Kenyans - Starlets Emotional After Massive Support at Nyayoon 27/09/2023 at 07:35
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Harambee Starlets head coach Beldine Odemba led her players in paying glowing tributes to Kenyans who thronged the Nyayo National Stadium on Tuesday afternoon to give them support as they downed Cameroon to make the second round of the qualifiers towards next year's Women's Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON).