AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Nigeria: Lagos Bubbles As Tokyo Olympics National Trials Take Centre Stageby Daily Trust on 17/06/2021 at 08:25
[Daily Trust] Nigeria's contingent to the delayed Games of the XXXII Olympics in Tokyo will be determined today when Lagos hosts the 2021 National Championships and Invitational Relays.
- Nigeria: Lagos Agog As Tokyo 2020 Olympics Trials Beginsby Leadership on 17/06/2021 at 08:14
[Leadership] The atmosphere around the Yabatech Sports Complex is already tensed as the 2021 National Championships and Invitational Relays kicks start today, June 17.
- Nigeria: SWAN Smart City Set to Birth in Abuja As Sports Writers Partner Armyby Leadership on 17/06/2021 at 08:14
[Leadership] FCT chapter of the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN) is to partner the Nigeria Army's owned Post-Service Housing Development Limited (PHDL) to provide affordable housing space for its members.
- Zimbabwe: Relief for Low-Risk Sport Codesby The Herald on 17/06/2021 at 08:07
[The Herald] THERE was relief for 24 low-risk sport codes, including cricket, after the Sports Commission gave them the greenlight, to resume their activities.
- Cameroon: Angola Upholds Supremacyby Cameroon Tribune on 17/06/2021 at 07:52
[Cameroon Tribune] The African champions were the first team to qualify for the semi-finals and they have equally secured a ticket for the World Cup in Spain.
- Cameroon: AFCON Total Energies 2021 - CAF Maintains Cameroon's Hosting Rightsby Cameroon Tribune on 17/06/2021 at 07:52
[Cameroon Tribune] The assurance was given by the SG of the African football governing body, Veron Mosengo-Omba after a meeting with the local organising committee (COCAN) on June 15, 2021
- Zimbabwe: Ray of Hope for Bangladesh Tourby The Herald on 17/06/2021 at 07:46
[The Herald] A RAY of hope has filtered through the Zimbabwe Cricket corridors as they believe they will be able to host Bangladesh, in a bilateral series, later this month.
- Zimbabwe: FC Platinum Set for Another Champs League Danceby The Herald on 17/06/2021 at 07:46
[The Herald] FC Platinum are set for their sixth CAF Champions League appearance after ZIFA gave the side the nod to represent the nation in the next edition of Africa's premier inter-club competition.
- Namibia: Namibians' European Adventure Continuesby Namibian on 17/06/2021 at 07:33
[Namibian] NAMIBIAN athletics stars Christine Mboma and Beatrice Masilingi will be in action at two different meetings in Europe this weekend.
- Botswana: Bfl to Unveil Sponsors, Partners Julyby Botswana Daily News on 17/06/2021 at 06:59
[Botswana Daily News] Gaborone -- Botswana Football League (BFL) chief executive officer, Solomon Ramochotlhwane, says the league will unveil sponsors and partners next month.
- Africa: Tanzania to Host Africa Kabaddi Championshipby Daily News on 17/06/2021 at 06:56
[Daily News] TANZANIA is expected to host the Africa Kabaddi Championship 2021 tournament, which will take place in Dar es Salaam from 29th June to July 5th, this year.
- Tanzania: TFF Presidency - Hawa Mniga, Mgeusa Cleared to Challenge Kariaby Daily News on 17/06/2021 at 06:56
[Daily News] The Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) Election Committee has approved three candidates for the presidency of the Tanzania's football governing body.
- Nigeria: Rivers United FC Manager, Eguma, Kidnapped By Unknown Gunmenby This Day on 17/06/2021 at 06:45
[This Day] The insecurity in the land has crept into the country's football scene following the kidnapping of Rivers United FC Manager, Stanley Eguma by unknown gunmen on Tuesday.
- Nigeria: Remembering Nigeria's Afcon 1994 Super Squadby Premium Times on 17/06/2021 at 06:21
[Premium Times] This was the first time Nigeria was winning the prestigious silverware away from home.
- Nigeria: Kick-Boxing Champion Usman Receives Rousing Reception in Beninby Premium Times on 17/06/2021 at 06:21
[Premium Times] Mr Usman said he had been away from Nigeria for more than 20 years and it was nice to be back home.
- Cameroon: CAF Sets New Date for Afcon Draw, Reassures Cameroon Will Host Tourneyby Nation on 17/06/2021 at 05:55
[Nation] Yaounde -- The Secretary General of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) Veron Mosengo-Omba has said the delayed draws for next year's rescheduled Africa Cup of Nations will take place in Yaounde within the first 15 days of August.
- Kenya: NSL - Shabana Close the Gap on Top Teamsby Nation on 17/06/2021 at 05:55
[Nation] Coach Robert Ojienda stretched his unbeaten record to six matches when he led Shabana to a comfortable 2-0 win over Silibwet FC on Wednesday in round 23 of the Betika National Super League (BNSL).
- Kenya: Gor Down Mathare United as KCB Regain Top Spotby Nation on 17/06/2021 at 05:55
[Nation] Reigning champions Gor Mahia kept the pressure on the top three teams in the Football Kenya Federation Premier League after edging out bottom-placed Mathare United 1-0 at Ruaraka grounds on Wednesday.
- Kenya: AFC Leopards Snatch Crucial Point Away to Sofapakaby Nation on 17/06/2021 at 05:55
[Nation] AFC Leopards came from behind to hold Sofapaka FC to a 2-2 draw in their FKF Premier League match at Dawson Mwanyumba Stadium in Wundanyi on Wednesday.
- Kenya: Wazito End Skid With Kariobangi Sharks Win at Utaliiby Nation on 17/06/2021 at 05:55
[Nation] Wazito on Wednesday ended a five-match winless run with a deserved 2-0 win over struggling Kariobangi Sharks in the Football Kenya Federation Premier League (FKF-PL) at Utalii Sports Club in Nairobi.
- Kenya: Foreign-Based Athletes Ready for Olympic Trialsby Nation on 17/06/2021 at 05:55
[Nation] Foreign-based Kenyan athletes have jetted in for the Tokyo Olympic trials that start Thursday at the Moi International Sports Centre, Kasarani.
- Kenya: KPA Teams Continue to Shine in Malawi Tourby Nation on 17/06/2021 at 05:54
[Nation] Blantyre -- KPA men and women's teams continued with their winning ways at the ongoing Malawi Annual International basketball tournament at Malawi University of Health Science arena in Blantyre on Tuesday night.
- Tunisia: 22nd Arab Senior Athletics Championship (20km Race Walk) - Tunisian Raouf Redissi and Chahinez Nasri Bag Goldby Tunis Afrique Presse on 16/06/2021 at 12:20
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Tunisian Raouf Redissi snatched on Wednesday the gold medal at the 20km race walk at day 1 of the 22nd edition of the Arab Senior Athletics Championship (men and women), organised in Rades.
- Tanzania: Mara Powers Into Umitashumta Semisby Daily News on 16/06/2021 at 08:46
[Daily News] MARA region Tuesday cruised into the semifinals of the Inter -Primary Schools Games with a bang after a 5-0 victory over Geita in girls' category football quarterfinals game.
- Kenya: Safari Rally a Gift, and a Break From Daily Depressing Newsby Nation on 16/06/2021 at 08:32
[Nation] A high sense of the task ahead has gripped Kenyans eight days before the start of the eagerly awaited World Rally Championship Safari Rally from June 24-27, reputedly the biggest international sporting event on the continent since the 2010 Fifa World Cup in South Africa.
- Zimbabwe: Musona Feature Under the Spotlightby The Herald on 16/06/2021 at 08:00
[The Herald] Warriors' skipper Knowledge Musona's future is again under the spotlight at Belgian giants Anderlecht.
- Zimbabwe: Cheetahs Set to Leave for Monacoby The Herald on 16/06/2021 at 08:00
[The Herald] THE Cheetahs are expected to leave the country this morning ahead of this weekend World Rugby Sevens Olympic Games Repechage tournament in Monaco, France.
- Namibia: Uefa Coaching Course Concludesby Namibian on 16/06/2021 at 07:52
[Namibian] The Uefa-NFA basic coaching course that started on 8 June with Uefa instructor Hesterine De Reus at the Namibia Football Association (NFA), concluded last Thursday, with all 27 participants awarded with certificates.
- Namibia: Warriors Need Funds for Cosafa Cupby Namibian on 16/06/2021 at 07:50
[Namibian] The Brave Warriors have provisionally been entered to compete in next month's Cosafa Cup, although their participation will depend on the government's financial assistance.
- Zimbabwe: Yogi Death a Blow to Warriorsby The Herald on 16/06/2021 at 07:43
[The Herald] Sports Reporter