AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Namibia: MTC Netball Premiership Set for Resumptionby New Era on 30/06/2022 at 13:38
[New Era] The next round of matches in the MTC Netball Premier League is scheduled to resume on 16 July, with the country's topflight campaigners expected to bring nothing but thrilling action back to the courts.
- Zimbabwe: Raza Set to Join Chevrons Campby The Herald on 30/06/2022 at 12:36
[The Herald] FRESH from adding another feather in his cap after winning the Amana Group II Bangabandhu Rajshahi T20 Cricket tournament in Bangladesh, Zimbabwe all-rounder Sikandar Raza is expected to join the national cricket team camp in Bulawayo for the T20 World Cup qualifiers.
- Zimbabwe: Sakunda's Dembare Mediation Hits a Snag?by The Herald on 30/06/2022 at 12:36
[The Herald] THE mediation efforts by Dynamos' principal sponsors Sakunda Holdings are likely to yield no result as the warring parties in the long-standing ownership and shareholder wrangles remain poles apart.
- Zimbabwe: Zimbabwe Now in Bulawayo Ahead of T20 World Cup Qualifierby New Zimbabwe on 30/06/2022 at 12:26
[New Zimbabwe] The Zimbabwe Senior Men's National Cricket Team arrived in Bulawayo on Wednesday to get their final preparations underway ahead of the ICC Men's T20 World Cup Qualifier B 2022 scheduled for 11-17 July.
- Ghana: Hearts Must Recognize Club's Legends - Amankwa Mirekuby Ghanaian Times on 30/06/2022 at 12:24
[Ghanaian Times] Former skipper of Hearts of Oak, Amankwah Mireku, is unhappy at the constant ignorance and lack of recognition for the clubs' legends in major functions of the club.
- Ghana: GTF to Regularize Officiatingby Ghanaian Times on 30/06/2022 at 12:23
[Ghanaian Times] The Ghana Tennis Federation (GTF) as part of efforts to streamline tennis activities in the country (professional or recreational), has started the process of regularizing officiating.
- Ghana: GAF Athletics Team Shines in PAAG Championshipby Ghanaian Times on 30/06/2022 at 12:23
[Ghanaian Times] The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) athletics team put out a marvelous display in the just-ended Past Athletics Association of Ghana (PAAG) Invitational Championship 2022, held at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi on June 24-25, 2022.
- Ghana: GHALCA Asked to Open Flagship Tourney to 'Top 6'by Ghanaian Times on 30/06/2022 at 12:19
[Ghanaian Times] The Communications Director of Hearts of Oak, Kwame Opare Addo, has asked the leadership of the Ghana League Clubs Association (GHALCA) to open the annual top four pre-season tournament to cover the top six teams of the Ghana Premier League (GPL).
- Ghana: Tafo Win 2022 MTN Ashantifest Soccer Tourneyby Ghanaian Times on 30/06/2022 at 12:19
[Ghanaian Times] Tafo thrashed Asokwa 4-1 to win the 2022 MTN Ashantifest Community Soccer Tournament played at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium on Sunday.
- Ghana: British High Commission, Onions FC in Fun Gameby Ghanaian Times on 30/06/2022 at 12:19
[Ghanaian Times] The British High Commission staff in Accra on Monday faced off with Onions Football Club Fadama,at the Fadama Astro Turf in a move to foster friendship.
- Tunisia: Para-Athletics/Tunis Grand Prix - Tunisia in Lead With 34 Medals, Including 17 Goldby Tunis Afrique Presse on 30/06/2022 at 12:13
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- (TAP) Tunisia topped the medal table of the Tunis Para Athletics Grand Prix with 34 medals (17 gold, 11 silver and 6 bronze), at the end of the three-day competition.
- Zimbabwe: Athletes Brace for Econet Victoria Falls Marathonby The Herald on 30/06/2022 at 12:02
[The Herald] IT'S just a few days to go before the Econet Victoria Falls Marathon takes place and local athletes are looking forward to another exciting edition of this international road running event.
- Zimbabwe: 60 Karatekas for Kwekwe Tourneyby The Herald on 30/06/2022 at 12:02
[The Herald] AFTER a two-year Covid-19-induced interruption, the annual Kwekwe Invitational Karate tournament makes a return with over 60 athletes expected to compete for prizes at Queens Sports Club in Kwekwe on Saturday.
- Zimbabwe: No Place for Mighty Warriors At Awconby The Herald on 30/06/2022 at 12:02
[The Herald] MIGHTY Warriors regional rivals Banyana Banyana and Zambia will be aiming for the Africa Women Cup of Nations title when the 14th edition of the continental show-piece gets underway this weekend in Morocco.
- Zimbabwe: Truant Zifa CEO Faces Disciplinary Hearingby The Herald on 30/06/2022 at 12:02
[The Herald] ZIFA are mooting internal disciplinary processes to deal with truant chief executive officer Joseph Mamutse who has been AWOL for nearly two months.
- Nigeria: How Rivers United Became NPFL Champions - Stanley Egumaby Premium Times on 30/06/2022 at 11:33
[Premium Times] When Rivers United beat Enyimba in Aba and Katsina United in Katsina, Eguma realised his side could become champions.
- Zimbabwe: Poor Results, Infighting Dent Masvingo United's Hope of PSL Returnby New Zimbabwe on 30/06/2022 at 10:33
[New Zimbabwe] FORMER Premier Soccer League (PSL) side, Masvingo United Football Club (FC) are literally out of the race to secure the Eastern Region Soccer League (ERSL) sole ticket into the topflight.
- Guinea Bissau/Gambia: Gambia CHAN Team Set for CHAN Qualifiers Against G/Bissau Next Monthby The Point on 30/06/2022 at 09:23
[The Point] The Gambia CHAN team is ready for their 2023 CHAN qualifiers against Guinea Bissau next month.
- Gambia: Gunjur Utd Pommel Medical FC to Reach Ff Cup Quarterfinalsby The Point on 30/06/2022 at 09:23
[The Point] Gunjur United on Monday pummeled Medical FC 4-0 in their round of 16 fixture played at the Independence Stadium in Bakau to reach the quarterfinals of the 2021-2022 Gambia Football Federation (GFF) FF Cup competition.
- Nigeria: NPFL - Kano State Appoints Acting Chairman for Kano Pillarsby Premium Times on 30/06/2022 at 09:22
[Premium Times] The Acting Chairman's appointment is with immediate effect as he takes over from the expelled Surajo Yahaya.
- Seychelles: More Sports Tourism Sites Need to Be Developed in Seychelles, Investment Minister Saysby Seychelles News Agency on 30/06/2022 at 09:17
[Seychelles News Agency] A number of sites have been identified in Seychelles to build facilities for sports tourism activities as part of the government's plan to diversify the tourism industry, a top official recently.
- Nigeria: We're Ready for Super Falcons - Mokokaby Vanguard on 30/06/2022 at 08:53
[Vanguard] Rodney Mokoka, Banyana Banyana team Doctor has confirmed that there are no injuries or any medical conditions within the squad and all the players are fit to take on rivals Super Falcons and other teams in the CAF Women Cup of Nations in Morocco.
- Tanzania: Tz Ladies Eye Coastal Open Re-Conquestby Daily News on 30/06/2022 at 07:26
[Daily News] TANZANIAN golfers have been invited to this year Kenyan Ladies Coast Open Golf Championship which has now turned into a five-course marathon.
- Tanzania: Simba Lift Lid On Manojlovic Contractby Daily News on 30/06/2022 at 07:26
[Daily News] SIMBA said the one-year contract given to new Head Coach Zoran Manojlovic has an option to be extended basing on the performance he is set to have at the helm of the club.
- Tanzania: Zanzibar First Lady Uses Sports to Promote Use of Efdby Daily News on 30/06/2022 at 07:26
[Daily News] ZANZIBAR's First Lady Mama Mariam Mwinyi has led her monthly physical exercises, an opportunity she used to call on traders registered to use the Electronic Fiscal Devices (EFD) to do so as it aims at improving revenue collection for development.
- Tanzania: Stars' Dismas Joins Belgium Pro Leagueby Daily News on 30/06/2022 at 07:26
[Daily News] TAIFA Stars midfielder Novatus Dismas has become the third Tanzanian feature into Belgium Jupiler League next season after joining SV Zulte Waregem from Israel's Maccabi Tel Aviv.
- Rwanda: Rachid Kalisa Delighted After Stunning Strike Against APRby New Times on 30/06/2022 at 06:45
[New Times] After a long layoff due to injury, AS Kigali midfielder Rashid Kalisa is delighted that his lone strike was enough to propel his side to the Peace Cup trophy on Tuesday evening.
- Rwanda: Striker Onana Opens Up About Injury-Ravaged First Season at Rayonby New Times on 30/06/2022 at 06:45
[New Times] Rayon Sports striker, Willy Essomba Onana, who suffered serious injuries in his first season at Rayon Sports, has poured cold water on reports that he could terminate his contract and look for a new team.
- Rwanda: National Road Cycling Championship Returnsby New Times on 30/06/2022 at 06:45
[New Times] After being postponed at the last minute last year due to the covid-19 pandemic, the National Road Championship is finally back to the streets this weekend.
- Rwanda: Peace Cup - Four Things We Learned From AS Kigali Winby New Times on 30/06/2022 at 06:45
[New Times] AS Kigali defeated city rivals APR FC 1-0 on Tuesday evening in the final of the 2021/22 Rwanda Peace Cup at the Kigali stadium in Nyamirambo.