AllAfrica News Headlines aggregated and updated from different new sources across the web.
AllAfrica News: Latest All Africa, All the Time.
- Liberia: Between the Lines of U.S. Warning to 'Those Undermining Democracy in Liberia'by [email protected] (Observer) on 30/09/2023 at 09:41
[Observer] America has spoken, threatening to impose visa restrictions "for those undermining democracy in Liberia."
- Liberia: Supreme Court Demands a Copy of 'Final Voter Roll'by [email protected] (Observer) on 30/09/2023 at 09:39
[Observer] .... As Associate Justice Wolokollie it reserves ruling in a request for a writ of Writ of Mandamus filed by the Unity Party and the Liberian People's Party.
- Nigeria: Inadequate Cardiovascular Checks Gives Rise to Hypertension, Stroke - Govton 30/09/2023 at 09:06
[Premium Times] Statistics from the World Health Organisation (WHO) show that Cardiovascular Diseases are the foremost cause of death globally, taking an estimated 17.9 million lives each year.
- Zimbabwe: Mnangagwa Exempts State Firms From Public Procurement Scrutinyon 30/09/2023 at 08:33
[New Zimbabwe] PRESIDENT Emmerson Mnangagwa has moved to shield selected state firms placed under the Mutapa Investment Fund (MIF) from being subject to the public procurement regulations.
- Zimbabwe: Dubai Firm Gives Govt S.$1.5 Billion for Green House Gas Reductionon 30/09/2023 at 08:33
[New Zimbabwe] United Arab Emirates (UAE) based Global Carbon Investments (GCI) has entered into a US$1.5 billion deal with Zimbabwe's Environment Ministry for climate related ventures that will ensure the country ensures reduction of forest emissions.
- Tunisia: 'Irregular Migration Is an Inhuman Scourge Which Requires Realistic and Comprehensive Approach'on 30/09/2023 at 08:01
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Interior Minister Kamel Feki, said, on Friday in Palermo that irregular migration is an "inhuman" scourge which should be addressed according to "a realistic, comprehensive and multidimensional approach."
- Kenya: Safaricom Picks New Company Secretary As Kathryne Maundu Resignson 30/09/2023 at 07:53
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Linda Mesa Wambani will, from tomorrow, be the new Safaricom Company Secretary following the resignation of Kathryne Maundu.
- Ethiopia: Hospital Stepping Up to Preserve Nation's Medical Historyon 30/09/2023 at 07:52
[Ethiopian Herald] In a significant step towards preserving Ethiopia's medical history, Alert Comprehensive Specialized Hospital convened a fruitful discussion forum with the Japanese Sasakawa Health Foundation on September 27, 2023.
- Ethiopia: U.S. Lauds Ethiopia's Transitional Justice Effortson 30/09/2023 at 07:51
[Ethiopian Herald] The U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken applauded government's endeavor to ensure transitional justice in Ethiopia.
- Ethiopia: Unesco Heritage Sites Inspiring Tourism Revolutionon 30/09/2023 at 07:44
[Ethiopian Herald] When United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) enlisted 12 heritages in its first version sites in 1978, Ethiopia was amongst the seven countries including Canada, the U.S., Senegal, among others, which inscribed two heritages. In fact, the world heritages list has over 1,000 sites across the world now.
- Sudan: U.S. Announces Sanctions on Former Sudan Foreign Minister Ali Kartion 29/09/2023 at 15:41
[allAfrica] Harare -- The U.S. State Department has announced sanctions on Ali Karti, the former foreign minister of Sudan, accusing him of thwarting efforts to end the civil war there.
- Uganda: Private-Sector Tourism Players Raise Red Flags On Persistent Government Underfunding of the Sectoron 29/09/2023 at 14:09
[Nile Post] Persistent funding gaps by the Government of its Tourism Development Programme (FY 20/21 to FY 24/25) are slowing down the sector's post-Covid-19 recovery and if not urgently addressed, Uganda risks failing to meet all of the programme's targets, Herbert Byaruhanga the President of the Confederation of Uganda Tourism Associations (COUTA), has warned.
- Uganda: How Service Cops' Digital Platform, Schoolpay Is Digitising Education System, One School At a Timeon 29/09/2023 at 14:09
[Nile Post] SchoolPay, a digital school management and payments platform, is a brainchild of Service Cops, a Ugandan technology company with a presence in the Great African Lakes region.
- Uganda: South African Chef Keletso Set to Whisk up Culinary Magic for Singleton Chef Versus Event This Saturdayon 29/09/2023 at 14:09
[Nile Post] This Saturday, September 30th at Salama Springs in Bugolobi, the Singleton Chef Versus showdown promises an exceptional fusion of flavours and fine dining.
- Uganda: Fally Ipupa Arrives in Uganda Ahead of Arua and Kampala Concerts This Weekendon 29/09/2023 at 14:09
[Nile Post] The wait is over, the main man is here, and everything is set for celebrated Congolese Artist Fally Ipupa to rock his Ugandan fans at two shows.
- Uganda: Turkish Tour Operators Thrilled By Uganda's Tourist Attractionson 29/09/2023 at 14:09
[Nile Post] A group of 20 guests from the Republic of Turkiye are currently on familiarisation trip to Uganda to visit the country's tourist attractions.
- Liberia: 'We Can't Stop This Election'by [email protected] (New Dawn) on 29/09/2023 at 14:00
[New Dawn] --Chief Justice tells political parties
- Egypt: Egypt Election Authority Denies Violations, Favoritism in Presidential Candidates' Endorsement Processon 29/09/2023 at 13:55
[Egypt Online] The Egyptian National Election Authority (NEA) has denied the occurrence of any violations, favouritism, or mistreatment of any individual at the notarization offices responsible for issuing endorsement forms for prospective candidates in the upcoming presidential elections.
- Liberia: Boakai Clarifies Recent Statementby [email protected] (New Republic) on 29/09/2023 at 13:46
[New Republic] Opposition Unity Party political leader, Amb. Joseph Nyumah Boakai has refuted various reports circulating in the media of recent that, "Liberia will go back to the dark days."
- Liberia: Nimbaians Give Weah Hopeby [email protected] (New Republic) on 29/09/2023 at 13:46
[New Republic] With just eleven days for the conduct of the Presidential and Legislative Elections in the country, President George M. Weah is leaving no stone unturned as he continues to move in all the trenches of Liberia to woo voters for his reelection bid.
- Africa: Science Skepticism Fuels Vaccine Hesitancy, Climate Denialon 29/09/2023 at 13:36
[allAfrica] Climate change and vaccine hesitancy pose serious threats to public health
- Liberia: Us Visa Restrictions On Democracy Underminersby [email protected] (New Dawn) on 29/09/2023 at 13:23
[New Dawn] -to include family members
- Liberia: UL & Spanish Envoy Discuss Strong Collaborationby [email protected] (New Dawn) on 29/09/2023 at 13:23
[New Dawn] --As parties considered teaching Spanish at UL
- Southern Africa: Avian Flu Threatens to Send Chicken, Egg Prices Soaringon 29/09/2023 at 13:21
[allAfrica] Harare -- South African consumers will have to put up with higher chicken meat and egg prices as the industry confronts its worst highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) epidemic to date, according to economists and industry insiders.
- Nigeria: Lagos Shuts Popular Ladipo Market Over Filthy Environmenton 29/09/2023 at 12:55
[Vanguard] Lagos State Government has ordered the immediate closure of Ladipo Market, Mushin, over alleged environmental infractions including, reckless waste disposal, unhygienic premises, and non payment of waste bills, among others.
- Sudan: Reports About RSF Expanding Combat Scope in Darfurby [email protected] (Dabanga) on 29/09/2023 at 12:52
[Dabanga] Nyala / El Fasher / London -- According to the Darfur Bar Association (DBA), the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) are reinforcing their combat capabilities in Sudan's already war-torn western region. The lawyers warn of more tribal violence in the region. The United Arab Emirates allegedly continues to send arms to the militia. People in North Darfur fear clashes between the RSF and the Darfur Joint Protection Force.
- Libya: People in Libya Need Long-Term Support to Recover From Floodson 29/09/2023 at 12:26
[Islamic Relief] Although the flood waters have receded, tens of thousands of lives continue to be devastated by this month's floods in eastern Libya.
- Africa: Popularity of Coups Means Democracy Failing in Africa - Goodluck Jonathanon 29/09/2023 at 11:01
[Leadership] Former president Goodluck Jonathan has called on African leaders to identify gaps and seek to understand why democracy has failed to guarantee peace and economic growth for their citizens.
- Nigeria: Govt Tells Unions Why They Can't Go on Planned Strikeon 29/09/2023 at 10:59
[Vanguard] Abuja -- The Federal Government yesterday asked the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, and its Trade Union Congress of Nigeria, TUC, counterpart, to shelve their planned nationwide indefinite strike from October 3, saying going ahead with the proposed industrial action will amount to a gross violation of a subsisting court injunction.
- Africa: Going Nowhere Slowly At the UN General Assembly's Annual Debateon 29/09/2023 at 10:02
[ISS] At this critical juncture in world affairs, the general debate should have featured more solutions and better leadership.