AllAfrica News Headlines aggregated and updated from different new sources across the web.
AllAfrica News: Latest All Africa, All the Time.
- Mauritius: War in Ukraine - Why Mauritius is taking a hard line against Russiaon 28/03/2023 at 02:21
[L'Express] Last week the Mauritian government and opposition parties snubbed an invitation from the Russian government to attend a meeting of African parliamentarians in Moscow. Diplomatically, Port-Louis seems to be taking a harder line against Russia than either India or many African states, which have traditionally moored Mauritian foreign policy. So why is Mauritius looking more hawkish on the Russian-Ukrainian war?
- West Africa: "State-Citizen partnership crucial for development in West Africa", says Dr Abdel- Fatau Musahby [email protected] (WANEP) on 27/03/2023 at 16:57
[WANEP] Ambassador Abdel-Fatau Musah, ECOWAS Commissioner for Political Affairs, Peace, and Security, has called on West African nations and their heads to build a strong and cordial partnership with their citizens to ensure trust and cooperation and to foster long-term peace and development in the region.
- Kenya: Raila Leads Azimio Demonstrations in Kawangware, Kibraon 27/03/2023 at 15:01
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Azimio La Umoja One Kenya Leader Raila Odinga Monday led demonstrations in Kawangware and Kibra to push President William Ruto's administration to address the high cost of living and electoral reforms.
- Kenya: Hight Court to Rule On Legality of Azimio Demonstrations Tomorrowon 27/03/2023 at 15:01
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The High Court will on Tuesday make ruling on whether the demonstrations by the Azimio La Umoja coalition party are legal.
- Kenya: Transport CS Appoints New Kenya Railways Chairon 27/03/2023 at 14:56
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Transport Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen has appointed Muhumed Abdi Mohamed as the new chairman of the Kenya Railways Corporation (KRC).
- Kenya: No Handshake, Tuko On, Mondays and Thursdays - Railaon 27/03/2023 at 14:43
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Azimio La Umoja One Kenya Leader Raila Odinga has asserted that the coalition's demonstrations are still on despite police officers cordoning the Nairobi Central Business District where the protests are initiated to commence.
- South Africa: UCT's Sustainability Response in an Era of Droughts, Rolling Blackoutson 27/03/2023 at 14:10
[UCT] As multiple crises converge on the environment and people, rapid responses have been the order of the day - and the University of Cape Town (UCT) has not been spared.
- Somalia: Somaliland Says Run Out of Patience and Will Attack Las Anodon 27/03/2023 at 14:09
[Shabelle] Hargeisa -- The breakaway Somaliland military said that they will carry out an all-out offensive against the SSC-Khatumo forces to retake control of the town of Lasanod.
- Africa: Namibia's Sports Minister Disappointed Over Rules Targetting Women Athletes with High Testosterone Levelsby [email protected] (New Era) on 27/03/2023 at 13:19
[New Era] Sports Minister Agnes Tjongarero has expressed disappointment with the World Athletics (WA) over its new rule, banning athletes with high levels of testosterone from competing.
- Mali: Kidnapped South African Paramedic's Family Renews Calls For His Releaseon 27/03/2023 at 11:39
[allAfrica] The family of Gerco van Deventer held hostage by jihadis in Mali for more than five years have launched a fresh appeal for his release, days after a French journalist was freed.
- Nigeria: 51,828 Boko Haram Fighters, Family Members Surrender in 18 Months - Army Chiefon 27/03/2023 at 11:33
[This Day] Benin City -- The Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Lucky Irabor, has disclosed that between July 2021 and May 2022, about 51,828 Boko Haram fighters and their family members had surrendered to the federal government
- Tunisia: 29 Migrant Bodies Recovered Off Tunisian Coastby [email protected] (VOA) on 27/03/2023 at 10:57
[VOA] The bodies of at least 29 people, many of them sub-Saharan Africans, were recovered from the Mediterranean Sea over the weekend off the coast of Tunisia, according to the Tunisian National Guard. Eleven people were rescued.
- Central Africa: Decade After Takeover, Justice Still Neededby [email protected] (HRW) on 27/03/2023 at 10:19
[HRW] On March 24, 2013, an alliance of rebel groups known as the Seleka took control of Bangui, the capital of the Central African Republic. By then they had also seized control of most of the country's provinces and had overthrown President François Bozizé.
- Nigeria: Nigerians Now Go for Cheap Brands to Cut Coston 27/03/2023 at 09:59
[Vanguard] The saying; 'Cut your coat according to your cloth', has become the order of the day in the everyday lives of Nigerians.
- Nigeria: Nigerians Tasked to Embrace Blue Economy for Job Creationon 27/03/2023 at 08:28
[This Day] Uyo -- Nigerians have been urged to embrace blue economy as it remains the available option that can address the problem of unemployment in the country.
- Zimbabwe: Opposition Leader Ngarivhume Promises Protests After Al Jazeera Blockbusteron 27/03/2023 at 07:27
[New Zimbabwe] OPPOSITION Transform Zimbabwe (TZ) leader Jacob Ngarivhume has promised a week of demonstrations at police stations across the country in the aftermath of Al Jazeera's Gold Mafia release.
- Nigeria: Again, Gombe State Best In Ease of Doing Businesson 27/03/2023 at 07:19
[Leadership] The Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC) has released the second edition of the Subnational Ease of Doing Business Report for 2023 with Gombe State leading the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
- Nigeria: Headwinds From Trapped Funds, Litigation May Hinder Nigeria Air's Takeoffon 27/03/2023 at 07:16
[Leadership] The plan by the federal government to commence the operation of Nigeria Air before the end of the President Muhammadu Buhari's administration has received condemnations from stakeholders in the nation's aviation industry who said the airline may not fly before May 29, 2023, unless certain things are put in place.
- Africa: Egypt's Diplomatic Campaign Against GERD Is a Threat to Africa's Progresson 27/03/2023 at 06:47
[Nile Post] As Ethiopia continues to receive applause from the rest of the countries in Africa, for singlehandedly (without foreign funding) together with its people, constructing a $5-billion mega-power plant, the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD), Egypt is doubling on efforts to fail it.
- Nigeria: 2023 Elections, Divisive Politics, and National Reconciliationon 27/03/2023 at 06:42
[Premium Times] Some religious elite, including religious leaders, turned the presidential election into a struggle between the forces of good and evil.
- Kenya: Heighted Security in Nairobi Ahead of Azimio Protestson 27/03/2023 at 06:38
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- There is heightened security in Nairobi's Central Business District (CBD) amid anticipated protests from the Azimio la Umoja one Kenya opposition coalition.
- South Africa: Millions Paid to Buy Alternative Power Sources for Ministers - South African News Briefs - March 27, 2023on 27/03/2023 at 06:34
[allAfrica] Cape Town --
- Rwanda: Rwanda First African Country to Fully Integrate Drone Technology in Fighting Malariaon 27/03/2023 at 06:32
[New Times] In a world still grappling with malaria elimination, Rwanda was the first country to integrate and deploy drones in the most malaria endemic zones of the country for an accelerated outcome.
- Rwanda: Longer Maternity Leave Sparks Public Debateon 27/03/2023 at 06:32
[New Times] Working mothers are leaving their babies to domestic workers soon after three months of maternity leave elapse, MP Frank Habineza said, proposing that such a leave should be doubled for better child care.
- Tanzania: Ministry Announces 1bn/ - Award Packed for Local Researcherson 27/03/2023 at 06:17
[Daily News] Dodoma -- MINISTER for Education, Science and Technology, Prof Adolf Mkenda has announced a 1bn/- award for local researchers in higher learning institutions who will emerge winners in the publication of natural science, mathematics, medicine, health and allied science features with a unique taste.
- Tanzania: Minister Says Blue Economy Is 'Game Changer' for Zanzibarison 27/03/2023 at 06:12
[Daily News] THE State Minister, Office of the Second Vice-President (Policy, Coordination and House of Representatives) Mr Hamza Hassan Juma has said that majority of Zanzibaris are set to benefit from the ongoing implementation of the blue economy agenda.
- Africa: Joint Forces Kill DR Congo Rebels in Surprise Attackon 27/03/2023 at 06:12
[Nile Post] The joint forces of UPDF and the Congolese army, FARDC have announced that they have killed at least 20 ADF rebels in Eastern DR Congo.
- South Africa: Proteas Cricketers Stun West Indies With T20 Record Chaseby [email protected] (Scrolla) on 27/03/2023 at 06:01
[Scrolla] The Proteas delivered a brilliant run chase in front of a Centurion faithful that certainly would not have expected to see 500+ runs on Sunday afternoon.
- Kenya: Kenya Railways Suspends Operations Over Looming Protestson 27/03/2023 at 05:46
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Kenya Railways has suspended all its operations ahead of Monday's anti-government protests.
- Zimbabwe: Chaos! Zanu-PF Officials Caught With Box Full of Filled-in Ballot Paperson 27/03/2023 at 05:08
[New Zimbabwe] Spread This News