Africa Business Headlines aggregated from diverse sources across the web, including local newspapers.
AllAfrica News: Economy, Business and Finance All Africa, All the Time.
- Tanzania: President to Grace Uhuru Torch Race Climax in Kageraby Daily News on 07/10/2022 at 08:57
[Daily News] PRESIDENT Samia Suluhu Hassan will grace the climax of the Uhuru Torch race to be staged in at the national level on October 14th, this year at Kaitaba Stadium in Kagera Region.
- Tanzania: Govt, Doha Sign Deal to Boost Trade, Investmentsby Daily News on 07/10/2022 at 08:54
[Daily News] President Samia Suluhu Hassan has witnessed the signing of a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding between the chambers of Commerce of Qatar, Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar aiming at strengthening trade and investment relations.
- Ghana: DBG, Girsal to Train Staff of Financial Institutions On Agric-Financingby Ghanaian Times on 07/10/2022 at 08:45
[Ghanaian Times] Efforts to boost agriculture financing in the country has received a boost as Development Bank Ghana (DBG) joins forces with Ghana Incentive-Based Risk Sharing for Agricultural Lending (GIRSAL) to train staff of financial institutions on agriculture financing.
- Ghana: Boost for Exporters, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises... As Alibaba.com Enters Ghanaian Marketby Ghanaian Times on 07/10/2022 at 08:37
[Ghanaian Times] Global technology company, Alibaba.com has signed a Channel Partnership agreement with World Trade Centre Accra, a member of the Strategic Initiatives Limited Group.
- Ghana: Plan for Sustainable, Affordable Energy Sources - Energy Ministerby Ghanaian Times on 07/10/2022 at 08:34
[Ghanaian Times] African states must plan around energy sources that will be available in the next two to three decades and start investing in the development of them in line with the continent's energy transition agenda, the Minister of Energy, Dr Matthew OpokuPrempeh, has said.
- Ghana: Investments in the Oil and Gas Sector Will Be Protected-Deputy Energy Minister to Oil and Gas Investorsby GhanaToday on 07/10/2022 at 08:34
[GhanaToday] The Deputy Minister for Energy, Dr Mohammed Amin Adam, has encouraged international oil companies to consider investing in Ghana's available oil blocks.
- Ghana: Tighten Energy Sector Cybersecurity Space - Energy Ministerby GhanaToday on 07/10/2022 at 08:34
[GhanaToday] The Minister for Energy, Dr Matthew Opoku Prempeh, has urged agencies in the energy sector to secure their cyber environments.
- Ghana: Cocoa Price Increased By 21 Percentby GhanaToday on 07/10/2022 at 08:34
[GhanaToday] The government has increased the producer price of cocoa by 21% from GHC10,560 to GHC12,800.00 per tonne with effect from Friday, 14th October 2022.
- Ghana: World Bank Classifies Ghana As High Debt Distressed Country ... Debt to GDP to Hit 104 Percentby Ghanaian Times on 07/10/2022 at 08:33
[Ghanaian Times] The World Bank has classified Ghana as a high debt distress country as it projects the nation's debt to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of 104.6 per cent by the end of 2022.
- Nigeria: Domestic Airfares Rise 77 Percent, As Delta, Adamawa Travellers Pay Highest - NBSby Vanguard on 07/10/2022 at 07:03
[Vanguard] The average fare paid by air passengers for a specified single route journey increased by N28,236 to N65,042, Year-on-Year, YoY, as at August 2022, the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, has said. This is a 77 per cent increase from N36,805 paid by passengers in the corresponding period of August 2021.
- Nigeria: Travellers Groan As More Foreign Airlines Introduce Restrictionsby Vanguard on 07/10/2022 at 07:03
[Vanguard] ... NCAA yet to sanction airlines selling tickets in dollars
- Africa: WTO Anticipates Sharp Slowdown in World Trade Growth in 2023by UN News on 07/10/2022 at 06:42
[UN News] Trade growth is expected to lose momentum in the second half of this year and remain subdued in 2023, as the global economy sustains multiple shocks, such as ripple effects from the war in Ukraine, the latest forecast from the World Trade Organization (WTO) has revealed.
- Nigeria: New Nigerian Carrier, ValueJet, Announces Inaugural Flightby This Day on 07/10/2022 at 06:35
[This Day] ValueJet has announced that it would open its booking portal and would start flight operations from Monday, October 10, 2022 with flights to Abuja, Port Harcourt, Asaba and Jos daily and plans to increase routes and frequency when its fourth and fifth aircraft arrive.
- Nigeria: Despite Economic Hardship, Airfares Hike, Nigeria Records High Outbound Flightsby This Day on 07/10/2022 at 06:35
[This Day] Despite the outrageous fares that foreign airlines charge Nigerian passengers, coupled with the economic hardship in the country, Nigeria still records high outbound flights, THISDAY investigation has revealed.
- Nigeria: Google Spends 20% of $1bn On African Projects, Begins First Cloud Regionby This Day on 07/10/2022 at 06:35
[This Day] One year after Google announced its five-year plan for African projects that would gulp $1 billion, the technology company has said that it had already spent over 20 per cent of the budget, which covers the establishment of its first cloud region in Africa.
- Nigeria: How Illegal Export Line Connecting High Sea Was Undetected for Nine Years - NNPCby This Day on 07/10/2022 at 06:34
[This Day] In a shocking revelation, the Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC), Mallam Mele Kyari, has narrated how an illegal oil pipeline connecting directly to the high sea was recently discovered.
- Nigeria: Fuel Scarcity - Lokoja Flood Cuts Off Tankers Supplying Abuja, Othersby Daily Trust on 07/10/2022 at 06:03
[Daily Trust] The Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) has said that the current petrol scarcity in Abuja and other states in the North is caused by flooding in Lokoja, Kogi State.
- Nigeria: Ending Extreme Poverty By 2030 Not Feasible - World Bankby Daily Trust on 07/10/2022 at 06:03
[Daily Trust] The target of eradicating extreme poverty by the year 2030 is no longer feasible, the World Bank, arguably the chief driver of the global process, has declared.
- Nigeria: IMF, World Bank Rely On Us for Data - NBSby Daily Trust on 07/10/2022 at 05:45
[Daily Trust] The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has said it produces quality, objective and independent data that has made development organisations to depend on it for data indicators concerning Nigeria.
- Nigeria: As Countries End Oil Funding, Nigeria Deepens Energy Transitionby Daily Trust on 07/10/2022 at 05:45
[Daily Trust] As developed countries plan to cut funding for oil and gas, Nigeria, a fossil fuel-dependent country, may be affected as it weighs actions for the energy transition plan.
- Nigeria: Experts React Over $10bn Diaspora Remittance in 6 Monthsby Daily Trust on 07/10/2022 at 05:45
[Daily Trust] Experts have said diaspora remittances will help reduce the pressure on the Naira and boost the economy.
- Zimbabwe: Zimbabwean Authorities Charge Journalist Hope Chizuzu Under Cybercrime Lawby CPJ on 07/10/2022 at 05:18
[CPJ] Lusaka -- Zimbabwean authorities should immediately drop charges against sports freelancer journalist Hope Chizuzu, return his electronic devices, and allow him to carry out his work freely, the Committee to Protect Journalists said Thursday.
- Eritrea: Is Eritrea Open for Foreign Direct Investment?by The Exchange on 07/10/2022 at 05:17
[The Exchange] Eritrea has historically struggled to attract large investments because of its unfavourable business climate including corruption, strong state control over currencies, legal uncertainty, an arbitrary judicial system, and a low-skilled labour force drained by mass migration.
- Congo-Kinshasa: Fresh Boost to Inga Damby The Exchange on 07/10/2022 at 05:07
[The Exchange] The US$80 billion Grand Inga Dam project, including transmission lines to send electricity across Africa and Europe, is touted as having the potential to supply green electricity to the entire sub-Saharan region.
- Nigeria: Buhari Visits Freed Kaduna Train Passengersby Premium Times on 07/10/2022 at 04:20
[Premium Times] The remaining 23 victims of the Kaduna train attack were released on Wednesday.
- Nigeria: Nigeria, Others Need 9% GDP Growth Annually to Beat Extreme Poverty, World Bank Saysby Premium Times on 07/10/2022 at 04:20
[Premium Times] The bank doubts that is possible, saying it is unlikely the world will meet the goal of ending extreme poverty in 2030.
- Nigeria: State Oil Firm Says Illegal Pipeline Operated Off Forcados for Nine Yearsby Premium Times on 07/10/2022 at 04:20
[Premium Times] The Forcados terminal is operated by Shell. A spokesperson for the company could not be reached as the known phone line did not connect.
- Tunisia: Geothermal Early Vegetables Production in Gabes Estimated At 30 Thousand Tonnes #AfricaClimateCrisisby Tunis Afrique Presse on 06/10/2022 at 13:06
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The perimeters irrigated under greenhouse by geothermal water in the governorate of Gabes intended for the cultivation of early vegetables reached during this agricultural season 153 ha, whose production was estimated at 29,933 thousand tonnes, according to a document published by the local authority for agricultural development.
- Kenya: Safaricom Ethiopia Launches Operations in Addis Abababy Capital FM on 06/10/2022 at 12:25
[Capital FM] Safaricom Ethiopia has begun its telecommunication services in Ethiopia, opening a huge market opportunity for the Kenyan unit Safaricom.
- Kenya: Ruto in Ethiopia for Safaricom Launch and Talks With Abiyby Capital FM on 06/10/2022 at 12:25
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- President William Ruto arrived in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Thursday for the launch of Safaricom operations as well as hold talks with his host Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”4″ maximgwidth=”100″]