Norh African News aggregated from diverse sources by AllAfrica.com, including Egyptian, Tunisian, Libyan, Algerian, Mauritanian, Moroccan, Sudanese & other regional newspapers.
AllAfrica News: North Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Angola/Tunisia: Angola Beat Tunisia, Qualify for African Finalby ANGOP on 17/06/2021 at 09:05
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The Angolan senior female handball team qualified, this Wednesday, for the final of the African championship of the category being held in Cameroon, after defeating Tunisia by 27-23, following extra time.
- Tunisia: Eleven Prison Inmates Sit for Baccalaurate Exam - Ministerby Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 08:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Eleven prison inmates are sitting for the baccalaureate exam that began Wednesday, said acting Minister of Justice Hasna Ben Slimane.
- Tunisia: Italy Provides Tunisia €200 Millionby Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 08:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] / Maroua Ben Abdennebi) -- Italy will provide Tunisia ?200 million, ?50 million in grant and ?150-million in loan at a preferential rate to finance development projects and economic recovery, under a memorandum of understanding signed Wednesday in Rome.
- Angola: African Women's Handball Championship - Semi-Finals - Tunisia Eliminated By Angola After Extra Timeby Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 08:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Tunisia women's handball team were eliminated in the semi-finals of the African Women's Handball Championship after losing in extra time to Angola's 23-27 (full-time 22-22) on Wednesday afternoon in Yaoundé.
- Tunisia: Birmingham Tournament (Doubles) - Ons Jabeur and Australian Ellen Perez Advance to Quarter-Finalsby Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 08:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- World's 24th Tunisian Ons Jabeur has qualified for the quarter-finals of the Birmingham Tournament in doubles.
- Tunisia: Importance of Consultation Between Govt and UGTT to Overcome Social and Economic Difficulties Under Focusby Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 08:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The importance of joint work between the government and Tunisian General Labour Union (UGTT) was the focus of the meeting held Wednesday between Prime Minister Hichem Mechichi and UGTT Secretary-General Noureddine Taboubi.
- Tunisia: 109th Session of ILC - Majoul Calls for International Action Plan to Support SMEs in Response to Pandemicby Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 08:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- President of the Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade and Handicrafts (UTICA) Samir Majoul, on Wednesday, called on the international labour organisation (ILO) and international financial institutions to develop and international action plan to help SMEs to overcome the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and regain their financial balance.
- Tunisia: Jerandi Meets in Doha With His Kuwaiti Counterpartby Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 08:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Minister of Foreign Affairs, Migration and Tunisians Abroad, Othman Jerandi, met with Kuwaiti Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of State for State Cabinet Affairs, Ahmed Nasser Al-Mohammed Al-Sabah.
- Tunisia: Tunisia to Present Set of Projects for Funding At Lyon's 'Pollutec' October 12-15by Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 08:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Tunisia will present at the Environment & Energy Technologies Trade Show - Pollutec due October 12-15 in Lyon a set of environment projects to donors, co-ordinator of Tunisia's participation in the show Chokri Nsib said Wednesday.
- Tunisia: France-Tunisia Virtual Business Meetings, June 24, 2021 - Entrepreneurs At Heart of Recoveryby Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 08:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Virtual business meetings France-Tunisia 2021, will be organised on June 24, 2021, by Business France. They are open to all French and Tunisian companies, the French Embassy in Tunis said on Wednesday.
- Tunisia: Covid - 19 - Japanese Donation to Beef Up Vaccine Cold-Storage Equipmentby Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 08:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Tunisia took delivery of a Japanese donation consisting of top-notch COVID-19 vaccine cold-storage equipment.
- Egypt: Shoukry Holds Talks With FM of Luxembourgby Egypt Online on 17/06/2021 at 08:10
[Egypt Online] Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry held talks here on Wednesday 16/6 with his counterpart from Luxembourg Jean Asselborn, currently visiting Egypt.
- Libya: IOM and UNHCR Condemn the Return of Migrants and Refugees to Libyaby UNHCR on 17/06/2021 at 08:02
[UNHCR] Joint UNHCR/IOM press release
- Tunisia: Covid-19 - Sousse Sees Surge in Number of Fatalities and Infectionsby Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 07:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Four Coronavirus-related fatalities and 175 more infections from 656 conducted tests were reported in the last 24 hours in the governorate of Sousse, according to an updated report released Wednesday by the local health directorate.
- Tunisia: 836 Undocumented Migrants Reach Italy in H1 of June - FTDESby Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 07:55
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- 836 undocumented migrants reached the Italian coasts during the first 15 days of June, against 596 last May.
- Tunisia: Covid-19 - Infection Caseload Surges in Medenineby Tunis Afrique Presse on 17/06/2021 at 07:32
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- 53 COVID-19 infections had been reported in the past 24 hours in Medenine governorate, taking the infection caseload to 15,928, including 14,797 recoveries and 646 deaths, Preventive Health Director Zayed El Anz stated to TAP Wednesday.
- Egypt: Health Minister Probes With WHO Director Issues of Mutual Concernby Egypt Online on 17/06/2021 at 07:31
[Egypt Online] Egyptian Minister of Health Hala Zayed met with Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus at the headquarters of WHO in Geneva during her visit to Switzerland.
- Egypt: Egypt Hands Over Public Prosecution's Documents in Regeni Murder Case to Italyby Egypt Online on 17/06/2021 at 07:31
[Egypt Online] Prosecutor General Hamada el Sawy handed over on Tuesday 15/6/2021 to Italian Ambassador to Egypt Giampaolo Cantini two copies of the Public Prosecution's documents in the Giulio Regeni's murder case.
- Egypt: Preparations Underway for First Egypt-S. Sudan Higher Committee Sessionby Egypt Online on 17/06/2021 at 07:31
[Egypt Online] The International Cooperation Ministry on Wednesday 16/6/2021 organized a coordination meeting of the Egyptian ministries and departments concerned with cooperation with South Sudan.
- Algeria: Ruling Party Wins Parliamentary Poll With Record Low Turnoutby RFI on 17/06/2021 at 05:28
[RFI] Algeria's long-dominant National Liberation Front (FLN) won weekend parliamentary elections, but with a significantly reduced number of seats and with the country's lowest ever turnout at 23 percent, the electoral board said Tuesday.
- Ethiopia: Ethiopia Rejects Arab League Resolution Backing Egypt to Take GERD Meeting to UNSCby Addis Standard on 16/06/2021 at 12:58
[Addis Standard] Addis Abeba -- Ethiopia has "rejected in its entirety" a resolution by the Executive Council of the League of Arab States backing Egypt's position in calling for the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) to intervene to push Ethiopia to sign a binding agreement on the GERD negotiations before Ethiopia began the second filling of the mega day this summer.
- Tunisia: 22nd Arab Senior Athletics Championship (20km Race Walk) - Tunisian Raouf Redissi and Chahinez Nasri Bag Goldby Tunis Afrique Presse on 16/06/2021 at 12:20
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Tunisian Raouf Redissi snatched on Wednesday the gold medal at the 20km race walk at day 1 of the 22nd edition of the Arab Senior Athletics Championship (men and women), organised in Rades.
- Tunisia: Over 146,000 Candidates Sit for Baccalaureate Exam Starting Wednesdayby Tunis Afrique Presse on 16/06/2021 at 09:44
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- A total of 146,129 candidates on Wednesday started sitting for the main session of the baccalaureate exam, which will last until June 23.
- Tunisia: President Saied Arrives in Romeby Tunis Afrique Presse on 16/06/2021 at 09:44
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- (TAP correspondent Maroua Ben Abdennebi) - President Kais Saied on Wednesday arrived to the Rome Ciampino Airport on a two-day official visit, at the invitation of his Italian counterpart Serjio Mattarella.
- Egypt: First 'Fly Dubai' Flight Arrives in Sharm El Sheikhby Egypt Online on 16/06/2021 at 09:13
[Egypt Online] The first flight of Fly Dubai, a Dubai-based airline, landed on Tuesday 15/6/2021 at Sharm El Sheikh International Airport at 6:00 pm.
- Egypt: Egypt Reports 609 New Coronavirus Cases, 37 Deathsby Egypt Online on 16/06/2021 at 09:11
[Egypt Online] The Health Ministry said on Tuesday 15/6/2021 that 609 new coronavirus cases were detected, upping the total number of confirmed cases since the outbreak of COVID-19 in the country to 274,404.
- Egypt: Sisi Approves Law On Minimum Periodic Allowanceby Egypt Online on 16/06/2021 at 09:11
[Egypt Online] President Abdel Fattah El Sisi has signed Law No. 69 of 2021 setting a minimum periodic allowance for those subject to the civil service law and those who are not addressed by the same law.
- Egypt: Egypt Calls For Addressing Water Scarcity Problems to Achieve Sustainable Developmentby Egypt Online on 16/06/2021 at 09:11
[Egypt Online] PermanentRepresentative of Egypt to the United Nations in New York Mohamed Idriss saidthat during a high-level dialogue at the United Nations on desertification,land degradation and drought, Egypt shed light on its efforts to address allthese environmental challenges.
- Egypt: Defense Min. Probes Cooperation With U.S. CENTCOM Chiefby Egypt Online on 16/06/2021 at 09:10
[Egypt Online] Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Minister of Defense and Military Production Gen. Mohammed Zaki met on Tuesday 15/6/2021 commander of the US Central Command (CENTCOM) Gen. Kenneth McKenzie and his accompanying delegation.
- Egypt: Actress Amina Khalil Named Honorary Ambassador of UNFPAby Egypt Online on 16/06/2021 at 06:39
[Egypt Online] The UNPopulation Fund (UNFPA) in Egypt has named actress Amina Khalil as HonoraryAmbassador, praising her for being an advocate for women's and girls' rights, including the right to reproductive health, and extolling her impressive career and talent.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”10″ maximgwidth=”100″]