Norh African News aggregated from diverse sources by AllAfrica.com, including Egyptian, Tunisian, Libyan, Algerian, Mauritanian, Moroccan, Sudanese & other regional newspapers.
AllAfrica News: North Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Tunisia: 438 Posts Offered By Canadian Enterprises in Quebec Days in Tunisiaby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 14:36
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The 3rd edition of Quebec Days in Tunisia started on September 20 and are due to last till October 6, with the participation of 44 enterprises.
- Egypt: Cabinet Holds Weekly Meeting Under PMby Egypt Online on 22/09/2021 at 13:58
[Egypt Online] The Cabinet held its weekly meeting on Wednesday under Prime Minister Moustafa Madbouli to discuss political, economic and social files.
- Egypt: Saudi King Offers Condolences to President Sisi for Tantawi's Deathby Egypt Online on 22/09/2021 at 13:58
[Egypt Online] King Salman bin Abdel Aziz offered his condolences to President Abdel Fattah El Sisi for the death of former defense and military production minister Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi.
- Egypt: Egypt Reports 688 Coronavirus Cases, 24 Deathsby Egypt Online on 22/09/2021 at 13:58
[Egypt Online] The Health Ministry said that 688 new coronavirus cases were detected in Egypt over the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of infections to 298,296.
- Egypt: President El-Sisi Mourns the Passing of Field Marshal Mohammed Hussein Tantawyby Egypt Online on 22/09/2021 at 13:58
[Egypt Online] Egypt has lost a man amongst the most loyal of its sons and an emblematic military symbol who dedicated his life to serving his nation for more than half a century- Field Marshal Mohammed Hussein Tantawy, former Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces and former Minister of Defense and Military Production.
- Egypt: President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi Declares Three-Day National Mourningby Egypt Online on 22/09/2021 at 13:58
[Egypt Online] President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi has declared three days of mourning in Egypt following the death of Field Marshal Mohammed Hussein Tantawy, former Minister of Defense and Military Production and former Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.
- Egypt: Shoukry, Lebanese PM Discuss Relationsby Egypt Online on 22/09/2021 at 13:58
[Egypt Online] Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry has made a phone call with Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati during which he congratulated him on forming the new Lebanese government.
- Tunisia: Jerandi Meets With Egyptian and Serbian Counterparts in New Yorkby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 13:42
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Minister of Foreign Affairs, Migration and Tunisians Abroad Othman Jerandi on Tuesday had talks with his Egyptian and Serbian counterparts Samah Choukri and Nikola Selakovic, respectively, on the fringes of his participation in the 76th UN General Assembly (UNGA 76, September 20-27 in New York).
- Tunisia: Intensive Jab Day - 875 Thousand Citizens Invited Again Next Sundayby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 13:42
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Health Director General Faisal ben Saleh on Wednesday stated to TAP that the 875 thousand citizens who failed to show up to receive the first dose of vaccination against the coronavirus will be invited again on September 26.
- Tunisia: Ennahdha Describes As 'Dangerous' Establishment of Transitional Rulesby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 11:39
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The Ennahdha movement called "dangerous" the President of the Republic's intention to, unilaterally, institute new transitional governing rules, warning against the abrogation of the Constitution which is the "source of all legitimacy."
- Tunisia: Detention Warrant Issued Against MP Seifeddine Makhloufby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 11:39
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The military investigating judge, on Tuesday evening, issued a detention warrant against MP Seifeddine Makhlouf, said the Military Prosecutor's Office.
- Tunisia: Political Party Secretaries-General Meet UGTT's Tabboubiby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 11:39
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Secretary-General of the Tunisian General Labour Union, Noureddine Tabboubi, met Tuesday, secretaries general of the Democratic Current (Attayar), Ghazi Chaouachi, Ettakatol, Khalil Zaouia, Al Joumhouri, Issam Chebbi, and Afek Tounes, Fadhel Abdelkefi.
- Tunisia: Brazil Reports 485 Covid Deaths in 24 Hoursby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 11:36
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Brasilia/Brazil -- Brazil reported 485 new deaths from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, bringing the total toll from the coronavirus in the country to 591,440, the health ministry said on Tuesday.
- Tunisia: Covid-19 - Over 100,000 Jab Appointments Missed On Sep.21by Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 11:36
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Out of 143,849 who received text message invites on September 21, only 36,349 attended their jab appointments, according to the Health Ministry's updated figures.
- Morocco: EU, Morocco Set to Modernise Framework for Trade and Investment Relationsby MAP on 22/09/2021 at 11:27
[MAP] Brussels -- Business Europe, the Moroccan Employers' Association (CGEM) and EuroCham Morocco adopted, Tuesday, a "Pact for the modernization of trade and investment between the European Union (EU) and the Kingdom of Morocco".
- Namibia: Geingob Remembers Algeria's Bouteflikaby New Era on 22/09/2021 at 09:07
[New Era] President Hage Geingob has paid tribute to former Algerian president Abdelaziz Bouteflika who died last Friday aged 84. Bouteflika, who was the north African country's longest-serving president, was laid to rest on Sunday.
- Tunisia: Observatory for Defence of Civilian Character of State Voices Concern About Lack of New Presidential Stepsby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 08:03
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The National Observatory for the Defence of the Civilian Character of the State voiced deep concern over the lack of new presidential measures, two months after those taken on July 25.
- Tunisia: Mineral Water - Supply Moves Back to Normal but Demand Outweighs Supplyby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 08:03
[Tunis Afrique Presse] / By Amal Ben Hjiba) -- Mineral water supply moved back to normal pace but there is still imbalance between supply and demand, Communication Officer at the National Office of Spa Tourism and Hydrotherapy (French: ONTH) Moufida Ben Nasr told TAP. This follows a break in production in August as a result of sit-ins and technical failures,
- Tunisia: Health Benefits, Poor Drinking Water Quality Drive Demand for Bottled Water Higherby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 08:03
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Mineral water consumption in Tunisia is showing an upward trend with an annual 10% rise : 2,7 billion litres in 2020 from 2,2 billion litres in 2019 against 900 million litres in 2010.
- Tunisia: Nabeul Plays Host to Workshop On Tunisian-Italian Project 'Eve'by Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 08:03
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The Tunisian-Italian cooperation project between the cities of Nabeul and Sicily "EVE" "Efficacité et Valorisation des eaux d'irrigation à travers des actiones pilotes en Sicilie et Tunisie) was at the heart of a workshop held Tuesday in Nabeul.
- Tunisia: Tunisian-Libyan Economic Cooperation Council Calls On Tunisian Companies to Participate in Benghazi International Fairby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 08:03
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The Tunisian-Libyan Economic Cooperation Council called on Tunisian companies operating in various fields, Tunisian businessmen and businesswomen to participate in the international fair of Benghazi (Libya) to be held from October 17 to 21, 2021.
- Tunisia: Political Parties Express Divergent Opinions On Kais Saied's Speech in Sidi Bouzidby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 08:03
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The opinions of political parties about the content of the speech of President of the Republic Kais Saied in Sidi Bouzid are divided. While some political parties have welcomed a rectification of the revolutionary process, others have expressed concern about the transitional provisions and the fate of the 2014 constitution.
- Tunisia: Three Die of Coronavirus in Sidi Bouzid, 98 Test Positiveby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 07:33
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Three people died of the coronavirus in Sidi Bouzid during the last 24 hours, while another 98 tested positive for the virus.
- Tunisia: Tataouine - Covid-19 - 2 Deaths and 9 Cases of Infection in 24 Hoursby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 07:33
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The Regional Directorate of Health in Tataouine announced Tuesday that two more deaths as a result of the Coronavirus have been recorded in the last 24 hours, bringing the death toll in the region to 495 people since the spread of the pandemic.
- Tunisia: Tabboubi Reiterates Call for Formation of New Governmentby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 07:33
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Secretary-General of the Tunisian General Labour Union (UGTT) Noureddine Tabboubi, on Tuesday, reiterated his call for the formation of a government that will meet the economic and social challenges of the country.
- Tunisia: Fashion - 18 Tunisian Companies Participate in 'Première Vision' Trade Fair in Parisby Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 07:33
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Eighteen Tunisian companies operating in the textile and clothing sector are taking part in the "Première vision" trade fair which started on Tuesday at the Villepinte exhibition centre in Paris, and will continue until September 23.
- Tunisia: Coronavirus - Over 3 Million People Fully Vaccinated (Ministry)by Tunis Afrique Presse on 22/09/2021 at 07:29
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Health Ministry data show 3, 262,290 people were fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on September 20.
- Morocco: Detained Uyghur Man Must Not Be Sent to China - Amnesty Internationalby AI London on 22/09/2021 at 05:41
[AI London] Computer designer Idris Hasan has been held at China's request for two months China has well-documented record of persecution of Uyghurs at home and abroad "I fear that if my husband is sent back to China, I will never see him again" - wife, Zaynura
- Libya: UN Mission Concerned About Reports of No-Confidence Motion Against Unity Govtby UNSMIL on 22/09/2021 at 05:03
[UNSMIL] Tripoli -- The United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) has received, with concern s, reports that the House of Representatives (HoR) has passed a no-confidence motion against the Government of National Unity (GNU).
- Libya: UN Human Rights Council - Renew Libya Fact-Finding Mission's Mandateby HRW on 21/09/2021 at 13:15
[HRW] Geneva -- Mandate Renewal Key to Accountability for Past and Ongoing Violations in Libya
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”10″ maximgwidth=”100″]