Norh African News aggregated from diverse sources by AllAfrica.com, including Egyptian, Tunisian, Libyan, Algerian, Mauritanian, Moroccan, Sudanese & other regional newspapers.
AllAfrica News: North Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Tunisia: 'Irregular Migration Is an Inhuman Scourge Which Requires Realistic and Comprehensive Approach'on 30/09/2023 at 08:01
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Interior Minister Kamel Feki, said, on Friday in Palermo that irregular migration is an "inhuman" scourge which should be addressed according to "a realistic, comprehensive and multidimensional approach."
- Egypt: Egypt Election Authority Denies Violations, Favoritism in Presidential Candidates' Endorsement Processon 29/09/2023 at 13:55
[Egypt Online] The Egyptian National Election Authority (NEA) has denied the occurrence of any violations, favouritism, or mistreatment of any individual at the notarization offices responsible for issuing endorsement forms for prospective candidates in the upcoming presidential elections.
- Libya: People in Libya Need Long-Term Support to Recover From Floodson 29/09/2023 at 12:26
[Islamic Relief] Although the flood waters have receded, tens of thousands of lives continue to be devastated by this month's floods in eastern Libya.
- Angola: Angola and Egypt Strengthen Cooperation in Infrastructure Sectoron 29/09/2023 at 07:14
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Egypt aims to increase the number of companies operating in Angola in the infrastructure sector, the country's ambassador to Angola, Mohamed Safwat said Wednesday in Luanda.
- Libya: Libya Floods - 'Tragedy Is Not Over' Warns UNICEFon 29/09/2023 at 05:00
[UN News] More than 16,000 children are displaced in eastern Libya following Africa's deadliest storm in recorded history the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) warned on Thursday, highlighting the urgent need for psychosocial care.
- Libya: More Than 16,000 Children Are Displaced Following Libya Floods - Unicefon 29/09/2023 at 05:00
[Unicef] New York/Amman/Tripoli -- Many more remain at risk and are in need of urgent access to essential services
- West Africa: Why Morocco Is a Destination Country for Migrant Womenon 29/09/2023 at 04:39
[DW] Over the past two decades, Morocco has slowly transformed from a transit country to a destination country for sub-Saharan African migrants -- almost half of whom are women.
- Morocco/Nigeria: Why Nigeria Lost 2025 Afcon Bid to Moroccoon 28/09/2023 at 12:39
[Daily Trust] Nigeria's joint bid with the Republic of Benin has failed to sail through as the Confederation of African Football (CAF) announced Morocco as the host for the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) while Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania have been named joint hosts of the 2027 tournament.
- Tunisia: EU Commission Should Stop Ignoring Tunisia's Abuses Against Migrantsby [email protected] (HRW) on 28/09/2023 at 11:20
[HRW] Migration Control Funding Could Perpetuate Human Rights Violations
- Angola: Algerian Ambassador Praises Cooperation Ties With Angolaon 28/09/2023 at 07:12
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Algeria's ambassador to Angola, Abdelhakim Mihoubi, expressed today, in Luanda, his country's willingness to keep strengthening the "historic" relations between the two countries, in several domains.
- Africa: CAF Awards AFCON 2025 to Morocco and AFCON 2027 to Kenya, Tanzania and Ugandaon 28/09/2023 at 04:23
[CAF] The Confédération Africaine de Football ("CAF"), today awarded the Africa Cup of Nations ("AFCON") 2025 to Morocco and the AFCON 2027 to Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Morocco: Tourism Is Another Casualty of Earthquakeby [email protected] (VOA) on 27/09/2023 at 07:23
[VOA] Amizmiz, Morocco -- Just weeks ago, Abdessamad Elgzouli earned a living introducing tourists to the rugged beauty of Morocco's High Atlas Mountains and the ethnic Amazigh, or Berbers, who live here.
- Algeria: UN Rights Expert Calls On Algeria to Pardon Convicted Protesterson 27/09/2023 at 04:57
[UN News] The Algerian Government must pay urgent attention to the pattern of legal restrictions and prosecutions of individuals and associations in the North African country, a UN-appointed independent expert said on Tuesday.
- Egypt: Embattled Sisi Sets New Date For Election Amid Economic Turmoil, Renewed Crackdownon 26/09/2023 at 15:53
[allAfrica] Harare -- Egypt's presidential election will now be held in December 2023, rather than in the Spring of 2024 as previously planned. President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, who is highly likely to remain in power, announced the plan as the country faces pressure from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to devalue their currency in order to access bailout funding.
- Nigeria/Egypt: 2027 Afcon - Govt Delegation to Present Nigeria's Hosting Bid in Cairoon 26/09/2023 at 12:05
[Premium Times] Nigeria will make a 10-minute presentation to the CAF EXCO and thereafter will be allocated time to answer questions from its presentation.
- Tunisia: National Security Council Meeting Focuses On Human Trafficking, Traffic Accidents, Media Situation and Budget Financingon 26/09/2023 at 11:45
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- President of the Republic Kais Saied chaired a National Security Council meeting at Carthage Palace on Monday, during which a number of issues were discussed, including human trafficking, the increase in road accidents, the situation of the media and the medical city in Kairouan.
- Morocco: National Federation of Moroccan Scouting Participates in Arab-International Scouting Forum in Kuwaiton 26/09/2023 at 11:40
[MAP] Kuwait -- The National Federation of Moroccan Scouting participated in the Arab-International Scouting Forum "Creativity and Innovation", which was held in Kuwait on September 17-22.
- Ethiopia: Ethiopia, Egypt, Sudan Agree to Continue Negotiation On GERD Next Monthon 26/09/2023 at 07:51
[ENA] Addis Ababa -- :- Ethiopia, Egypt and Sudan have agreed to continue the trilateral negotiation on the Grand Renaissance Dam (GERD) in October 2023 in Cairo, Egypt.
- Africa: Sudan, Egypt, and Ethiopia Resume Negotiations On GERDby [email protected] (Dabanga) on 26/09/2023 at 07:26
[Dabanga] Negotiations between Sudan, Egypt, and Ethiopia on the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) resumed on Saturday. The head of the Ethiopian delegation said that the meeting will discuss outstanding issues regarding filling and operating rules, noting that the meeting is being held after the completion of the fourth filling.
- Libya: China to Start Reconstruction Work in Flood-Hit Dernaon 26/09/2023 at 07:11
[RFI] The authorities in eastern Libya want to rebuild the town of Derna as quickly as possible, nearly two weeks after a flash flood destroyed more than 20 percent of the Libyan port city. The official death toll keeps rising, passing 3,800 over the weekend.
- Morocco: Giant Sea Lizards - Fossils in Morocco Reveal the Astounding Diversity of Marine Life 66 Million Years Ago, Just Before the Asteroid Hiton 26/09/2023 at 04:36
[The Conversation Africa] Sixty-six million years ago, the Cretaceous period ended. Dinosaurs disappeared, along with around 90% of all species on Earth. The patterns and causes of this extinction have been debated since palaeontology began. Was it a slow, inevitable decline, or did the end come quickly, driven by a sudden, unpredictable disaster?
- Egypt: Stuck At the Border - Visa Restrictions Continue to Plague Sudanese Attempting to Enter Egypton 25/09/2023 at 13:06
[Ayin English] Ruba Ahmed, a young lady who used to live in the restive capital Khartoum until the war broke out in mid-April, had two goals: find a car to escape the conflict and ensure her ailing father receives treatment in neighbouring Egypt. Like millions of others who have fled the capital, it was a harrowing journey. Her father, 76 years old, had Alzheimer's disease and was struggling to breathe amidst the conflict-driven debris found in Khartoum. Ruba took three days, passing through seemingly infinite security
- Africa: GERD Tripartite Talks Kick Off in Addison 25/09/2023 at 12:39
[ENA] Addis Ababa, -- The second-round tripartite negotiations over the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) kicked off in Addis Ababa today.
- Morocco: Operation Launched to Provide Power to Camps for Quake Survivorson 25/09/2023 at 10:37
[MAP] Amizmiz -- A large-scale operation to provide power supply to accommodation camps for earthquake victims has been recently launched in the different villages and localities of Al Haouz province to improve the living conditions of the affected population.
- Western Sahara: Prime Minister of Lesotho Defends Right to Self-Determination of Sahrawion 25/09/2023 at 06:34
[SPS] New York (United Nations) -- The Prime Minister of Lesotho, Ntsokoane Samuel Matekane, defended on Friday in New York the right to self-determination and independence of the Sahrawi and Palestinian peoples.
- Tunisia: Pharmaceutical Imports Up 44 Percent Over Past Five Yearson 25/09/2023 at 06:32
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Pharmaceutical imports rose by 44% over the last five years, from TND1,228.6 million in 2018 to TND1,764 in 2022, according to a note published recently by the Central Bank of Tunisia (BCT).
- Morocco: Countries Reiterate Support to Right of Sahrawi People to Self-Determination at UN General Assemblyon 25/09/2023 at 06:23
[SPS] Algiers -- Several heads of State and Government reiterated, during the works of the 78th session of the United Nations General Assembly, in New York, the right of the Sahrawi and Palestinian peoples to self-determination and independence.
- Tunisia: Support for Vulnerable Groups in Tunisia Discussedon 25/09/2023 at 05:49
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The European Union delegation in Tunisia pointed out that support for vulnerable groups in Tunisia had been the focus of two meetings held by EU Ambassador to Tunisia with the President of the Tunisian Red Crescent and the Representative of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Tunis.
- Tunisia: Cooperation Between Tunisia, Algeria Under Review to Boost Cross-Investmentson 25/09/2023 at 05:20
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- A cooperation agreement between the Foreign Investment Promoption Agency (FIPA) and the Algerian Investment Promotion Agency (AAPI) is under review in a bid to foster relations between both agencies and encourage cross-investments between the two countries, said FIPA-Tunisia.
- Western Sahara: Use of Arbitrary Detention By Morocco Has Raised New Concernson 25/09/2023 at 04:35
[SPS] Geneva -- The French Movement against Racism and for Friendship between Peoples (MRAP) has expressed its concern over the excessive use of arbitrary detention by Morocco against Sahrawi political prisoners, calling on the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention to visit these detainees.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”10″ maximgwidth=”100″]