Norh African News aggregated from diverse sources by AllAfrica.com, including Egyptian, Tunisian, Libyan, Algerian, Mauritanian, Moroccan, Sudanese & other regional newspapers.
AllAfrica News: North Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Morocco: Namibian Top Ref to Officiate in Moroccoby New Era on 30/06/2022 at 13:24
[New Era] Namibian referee and former Brave Gladiators star player Twanyanyukwa Antsino is amongst the list of 40 top African referees selected to officiate at the 2022 Women Africa Cup of Nations, slated for Morocco from 2 to 23 July.
- Gambia: Essa Faal Condemns Brutality Meted On Migrants By Moroccan Securityby The Point on 30/06/2022 at 12:38
[The Point] Gambian international lawyer, Essa Faal, has condemned the brutality and "inhumane treatment" meted on migrants attempting to breach the metal fence at Melila to enter Spain, as was seen in a video that went viral on social media.
- Tunisia: Para-Athletics/Tunis Grand Prix - Tunisia in Lead With 34 Medals, Including 17 Goldby Tunis Afrique Presse on 30/06/2022 at 12:13
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- (TAP) Tunisia topped the medal table of the Tunis Para Athletics Grand Prix with 34 medals (17 gold, 11 silver and 6 bronze), at the end of the three-day competition.
- Libya: Twenty Migrants 'Die of Thirst' in Desert, 30 More Missing in Mediterraneanby DW on 30/06/2022 at 06:09
[DW] Libyan rescue services have recovered the bodies of 20 people in the desert near the border with Chad. The deceased were believed to have been migrants and were found around a black pickup truck about 320 kilometers (200 miles) southwest of Kufra, according to the district ambulance service.
- Egypt: Maya Morsi Wins Membership of Cedawby Egypt Online on 30/06/2022 at 05:20
[Egypt Online] Maya Morsi, head of the National Council of Women (NCW), has won the membership of the The Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) for the period of 2023-2026 after obtaining 126 votes of the elections held at the UN premises in New York.
- Morocco: South Zone Staff Headquarters in Agadir Holds Ceremony On Occasion of African Lion 2022by MAP on 30/06/2022 at 05:19
[MAP] Agadir -- A ceremony was held Wednesday at the headquarters of the Staff of the South Zone in Agadir, on the occasion of African Lion 2022, in the presence of representatives of participating countries.
- Morocco: Casablanca - Café's Pediment Collapses Leaving 3 People Deadby MAP on 30/06/2022 at 05:18
[MAP] Casablanca -- Three people lost their lives in the collapse, Wednesday night, of a café's metal pediment in Casablanca, said the Casablanca-Settat Regional Command of Civil Protection.
- Tunisia: Para-Athletics/Tunis 2022 Grand Prix (Day 2) - Tunisia On Top, Bagging 24 Medals Including 11 Goldby Tunis Afrique Presse on 29/06/2022 at 13:41
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The Tunisian para-athletes bagged 8 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze medals on the 2nd day of the Tunis Para-Athletics Grand Prix, which has been organised in Rades since June 27.
- Morocco: Morocco/Spain - Horrific Migrant Deaths At Melilla Borderby HRW on 29/06/2022 at 08:15
[HRW] Milan -- Investigate Fully, Preserve Evidence, Ensure Dignified Treatment of the Dead
- Morocco: Morocco-Spain Migrant Deaths Should Be Investigated Urgently - UN Rights Officeby UN News on 29/06/2022 at 05:37
[UN News] The deaths of at least 23 migrants seeking to reach Spanish territory from Morocco should be investigated urgently by both countries, the UN rights office, OHCHR, said on Tuesday, reacting also to reports overnight of of least 50 migrants found dead in a truck in southern Texas.
- Egypt: Healthtech Startup Vezeeta Cuts 10% of 500-Person Staffby TechCrunch on 29/06/2022 at 04:49
[TechCrunch] Vezeeta, a healthtech startup operating in the Middle East and Africa, reportedly laid off about 10% of its staff last week. The number of affected employees isn't known; however, multiple sources who posted the news on LinkedIn, including affected employees, revealed that up to 50 people were let go. Vezeeta has almost 500 employees, according to its LinkedIn page.
- Egypt: PM Follows Up On Executive Status of National Projectsby Egypt Online on 28/06/2022 at 12:12
[Egypt Online] Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli held a meeting Monday to follow up on the executive status of under-construction national projects nationwide.
- Libya: UN Highlights Need to Speed up Progress Towards National Electionsby UN News on 28/06/2022 at 07:35
[UN News] Leaders in Libya must resolve outstanding issues so that long-awaited presidential and parliamentary elections can finally be held, UN political affairs chief Rosemary DiCarlo told the Security Council on Monday.
- Africa: AU Calls for Investigation Into Migrant Deaths, Violence On Morocco-Spain Borderby RFI on 28/06/2022 at 06:46
[RFI] The African Union Commission chief has voiced his shock at the "violent and degrading" treatment of African migrants trying to cross from Morocco into Spanish territory after 23 people died, and has called for an investigation into the incident.
- Tunisia: Oran 2022 Mediterranean Games - Karate - Chahnaz Jemi (68 Kg) Loses in Semi-Finalsby Tunis Afrique Presse on 27/06/2022 at 15:23
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Tunisian Chahnaz Jemi (+68 kg) Monday, was defeated in the semi-finals of the karate tournament at the Oran 2022 Mediterranean Games, by her Montenegrin adversary on the decision of the referee (3-2), after finishing the bout in equality (0-0).
- Western Sahara: Moroccan Authorities Commit Serious Violations Against African Migrants Near the Spanish City of Melillaby SPS on 27/06/2022 at 05:38
[SPS] Melilla (Spain) -- The Moroccan authorities committed grave violations against African citizens as documented by videos near the Moroccan northern borders with the Spanish city of Melilla, Friday, which resulted in the killing and wounding of dozens, according to Moroccan and international media reports.
- Morocco: Activists Say Govt Used 'Unjustified' Force Against Melilla Migrantsby DW on 26/06/2022 at 11:19
[DW] A rights group on Saturday accused Morocco's security forces of using "unjustified" violence against migrants trying to force their way through a border fence between the North African country and the Spanish exclave of Melilla.
- Morocco: Fouzi Lekjaa Re-Elected President of the Royal Moroccan Football Federation for a Third Termby MAP on 25/06/2022 at 07:43
[MAP] Rabat -- Fouzi Lekjaa was re-elected president of the Royal Moroccan Football Federation (FRMF), during the elective General Assembly of the federal body, held Friday at the Mohammed VI complex in football in Maâmora (near Salé).
- Morocco: Death Toll in Attempted Storming of Mellilia Rises to 18 - Local Authoritiesby MAP on 25/06/2022 at 07:43
[MAP] Nador -- Thirteen (13) irregular migrants, who were part of the group of sub-Saharan illegal migrants who stormed the city of Mellilia on Friday, died of their wounds, bringing the death toll to 18 among the attackers, the local authorities said.
- Tunisia: Baccalaureate 2022/Main Session - General Success Rate Stands At 37.97 Percentby Tunis Afrique Presse on 24/06/2022 at 11:13
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The general success rate for the main session of the 2022 baccalaureate exam stands at 37.97%.
- Egypt: Chief of Hajj Mission - 1st Batch of Lottery Pilgrims Arrives in Saudi Arabiaby Egypt Online on 24/06/2022 at 11:10
[Egypt Online] Assistant Interior Minister and head of Egypt's official Hajj mission Alaa el Ahmadi said the first batch of lottery pilgrims arrived in Saudi Arabia's Medina.
- Algeria: President Tebboune Receives Arab League's Secretary Generalby Algerie Presse Service on 24/06/2022 at 11:03
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -- President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune received Tuesday, in Algiers, the Secretary General of the Arab League Ahmed Abou Al Gheit.
- Algeria: Government Meeting - Public Service, Labor On Agendaby Algerie Presse Service on 24/06/2022 at 11:03
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -- Prime Minister Aïmene Benabderrahmane chaired Wednesday a meeting of the government devoted to the sectors of public service, labor, employment and social security, the Prime Ministers' Office said in a statement.
- Libya: Libya - MSF Calls for Evacuation of Most Vulnerable Migrants to Safe Countriesby MSF on 24/06/2022 at 07:29
[MSF] Paris - Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) calls on European and north American states, among others, to offer protection to migrants currently trapped in Libya. There needs to be an urgent acceleration in the evacuation of the most vulnerable people by strengthening existing mechanisms and opening alternative pathways for them to leave the country.
- Libya: Out of Libya - Opening Safe Pathways for Migrants Stuck in Libyaby MSF on 24/06/2022 at 07:28
[MSF] Since the start of MSF's migration projects in Libya in 2016, we have repeatedly faced the same challenges: the impossibility of protecting migrants inside Libya, of ensuring continuity of care for serious physical and mental conditions, and of rehabilitating victims of torture. Whether inside or outside detention centres, MSF medical teams encounter migrants who are victims of and at immediate risk of trafficking, torture, sexual abuse, extortion and violence more generally.
- Morocco: Morocco-Côte d'Ivoire - 60 Years of South-South Cooperation, Integration for Sustainable Developmentby MAP on 22/06/2022 at 15:04
[MAP] Abidjan -- Morocco and Côte d'Ivoire have been cooperating for 60 years in a spirit of an economic and political partnership based on mutual respect and shared consideration, said Morocco's Ambassador to Côte d'Ivoire, Abdelmalek Kettani.
- Uganda: Ditch Europe, Start Importing Milk From Uganda, Museveni Woos Algeriaby Nile Post on 21/06/2022 at 07:12
[Nile Post] President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has met and held discussions with a Special Envoy from Algeria, Ramtane Lamamra who is also the North African country's Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- Africa: Football Chiefs Launch Poster for Women's Africa Cup of Nations in Moroccoby RFI on 21/06/2022 at 07:11
[RFI] African football bosses on Monday unveiled the poster to be displayed around cities in Morocco for the 2022 women's Africa Cup of Nations which starts on 2 July.
- South Africa/Egypt: Pitso Mosimane Considers His Options After Exit From Egyptian Giants Al Ahlyby Daily Maverick on 20/06/2022 at 06:04
[Daily Maverick] Egyptian football giants Al Ahly have parted ways with SA coach Pitso Mosimane. What does the future hold for the respected mentor?
- Libya: Groundhog Day in Libyaby ISS on 18/06/2022 at 19:13
[ISS] Once again, Libya is caught in a debilitating impasse between rival governments in Tripoli and Tobruk.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”10″ maximgwidth=”100″]