Norh African News aggregated from diverse sources by AllAfrica.com, including Egyptian, Tunisian, Libyan, Algerian, Mauritanian, Moroccan, Sudanese & other regional newspapers.
AllAfrica News: North Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Western Sahara: De Mistura Starts Visit to Sahrawi Refugee Campsby Algerie Presse Service on 16/01/2022 at 10:08
[Algerie Presse Service] SMARA (Sahrawi refugee camps)- The Personal Envoy of the United Nations Secretary-General for Western Sahara, Staffan de Mistura, began on Saturday his visit to the Sahrawi refugee camps from the province of Smara, his second visit to the region since his appointment last November.
- Algeria: President Tebboune Chairs Sunday Meeting of Council of Ministersby Algerie Presse Service on 16/01/2022 at 10:07
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -- President of the Republic, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Minister of National Defence, Abdelmadjid Tebboune, will chair Sunday a meeting of the Council of Ministers devoted to discuss the draft law on judicial division and presentations relating to several sectors, said Saturday the Presidency of the Republic in a statement.
- Tunisia: Covid-19 - Ministry of Education Reports Closure of 122 Schoolsby Tunis Afrique Presse on 16/01/2022 at 10:06
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Director General of Studies at the Ministry of Education Bouzid Nsiri said Saturday 122 schools and 373 classrooms have been shut down, in application of the health protocol because of the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Tunisia: Conect Calls for Deferring Implementation of Article 52 of Finance Act 2022by Tunis Afrique Presse on 16/01/2022 at 10:06
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The Confederation of Tunisian Citizen Enterprises (CONECT) stressed the need to postpone the implementation of the provisions of Article 52 of the Finance Act 2022, on the cancellation of VAT imposition on international companies and exporting companies.
- Tunisia: Monastir - Olive Harvest Reaches Progress Rate of 90%by Tunis Afrique Presse on 16/01/2022 at 10:06
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The rate of progress of the olive harvest has reached 90% in the governorate of Monastir where output is estimated at 49,500 tonnes, equivalent to 9,800 tonnes of olive oil, local director of plant production Mounira Gharbi Sahloul told TAP Saturday.
- Tunisia: President Kais Saied Meets Ugtt Secretary-Generalby Tunis Afrique Presse on 16/01/2022 at 10:06
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- A meeting between President Kais Saied and Secretary-General of the Tunisian General Labour Union (UGTT) Noureddine Taboubi took place on Saturday, said UGTT Deputy Secretary General Sami Tahri.
- Tunisia: President Kaïs Saïed Chairs Cabinet Meetingby Tunis Afrique Presse on 16/01/2022 at 10:06
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- President Kaïs Saïed expressed his rejection of any attempt to interfere in the internal affairs of Tunisia.
- Egypt/Guinea Bissau: Egypt Beat Guinea Bissau and Rekindle Hopeby CAF on 16/01/2022 at 09:59
[CAF] A goal from captain Mohamed Salah (69') gave Egypt victory over Guinea-Bissau in the second round of Group D of the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations, Cameroon 2021.
- Mauritania/Tunisia: Match Facts - Tunisia V Mauritaniaby CAF on 16/01/2022 at 09:58
[CAF] After disappointing identical 1-0 defeats to Mali and Gambia respectively, Tunisia and Mauritania go to TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations Group F Match Day 2 with no room for error.
- Tunisia: Cabinet Meeting Approves Decrees and Orders On Higher Education, Social Security and Social Housingby Tunis Afrique Presse on 16/01/2022 at 09:41
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The Cabinet meeting chaired by President Kais Saied at Carthage Palace Saturday approved a number of presidential decrees and orders related to higher education and social security and revision of an order on the creation of a special social housing programme.
- Egypt: Sisi Calls for Developing African Strategy to Dry Up Terrorism Financeby Egypt Online on 16/01/2022 at 09:29
[Egypt Online] President Abdel Fattah El Sisi has called for drawing up a clear-cut African strategy for eradicating extremism and terrorism and drying up their sources of financing.
- Egypt: Faculty of Dentistry Hospital At Assiut Universityby Egypt Online on 16/01/2022 at 09:29
[Egypt Online] President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi on 22/12/2021 inaugurated over video conference the Faculty of Dentistry Hospital at Assiut University. It is the largest specialized hospital in the Egyptian universities.
- Egypt: Liver and Gastroenterology Hospital of Minya Universityby Egypt Online on 16/01/2022 at 09:29
[Egypt Online] President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi on 22/12/2021 inaugurated over video conference the Liver and Gastroenterology Hospital of Minya University.
- Egypt: Egypt, UK Reaffirm Commitment to Boosting Climate Change Actionby Egypt Online on 16/01/2022 at 09:29
[Egypt Online] Egypt, UK reaffirm commitment to boosting climate change action
- Egypt: FM, Officials Receive Body of Egypt's Former Ambassador to Italyby Egypt Online on 16/01/2022 at 09:29
[Egypt Online] Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry received Saturday 15/01/2022 the body of former Egyptian ambassador in Rome Alaa Roshdi at Cairo International Airport, accompanied by some of the ministry's senior officials.
- Morocco: Man Arrested in Agadir for Alleged Involvement in Intentional Homicide, Attempted Murder of Two Foreign Nationals in Tiznit and Agadirby MAP on 16/01/2022 at 09:27
[MAP] Rabat -- Policemen on Saturday arrested in Agadir a 31-year-old man, with no criminal record, for his alleged involvement in the intentional homicide and the attempted intentional homicide of two foreign nationals in Tiznit and Agadir.
- Morocco: Rabat - Launch of 'Moroccotech' Brand to Promote Digital Sectorby MAP on 15/01/2022 at 12:59
[MAP] Rabat -- Minister Delegate to the Head of Government, in charge of Digital Transition and Administration Reform, Ghita Mezzour, announced Friday in Rabat, the launch of the initiative "MoroccoTech", the national brand to promote the Moroccan digital sector.
- Tunisia: Police Reports Drafted Against Several Demonstrators in Capital, Says Interior Ministryby Tunis Afrique Presse on 15/01/2022 at 12:03
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Police reports were drafted against several demonstrators in the capital on Friday, in accordance with the provisions of articles 312 and 313 of the penal code, after consultation with the Public Prosecutor's Office, the Ministry of the Interior said in a statement.
- Tunisia: Covid-19 - 31 Schools Closed in Ben Arous Due Coronavirusby Tunis Afrique Presse on 15/01/2022 at 11:13
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- 31 schools have been closed in the governorate of Ben Arous due to the spread of the coronavirus.
- Tunisia: Tourism Revenues Up 19% in First 10 Days of 2022 (BCT)by Tunis Afrique Presse on 15/01/2022 at 11:13
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Tunisia's tourism revenues edged up by 19% to 37.8 million dinars (MD) in the first 10 days of 2022, compared to the same period last year, according to the latest monetary and financial indicators of the Central Bank of Tunisia (BCT).
- Tunisia: Protesters Mark 2011 Uprising Despite Banby DW on 15/01/2022 at 09:03
[DW] Police fired tear gas and water cannons as demonstrators defied coronavirus restrictions and took to the streets to protest President Kais Saied's grip on power.
- Egypt: Soccer Star Aboutrika's Homophobic Rant Diminishes His Imageby New Frame on 15/01/2022 at 08:49
[New Frame] Mohamed Aboutrika and Mohamed Salah command great respect and adoration in Egypt, the Arab world and the sporting fraternity at large. But they don't always use that power for good.
- Egypt: Dairut Water Purification Plantby Egypt Online on 15/01/2022 at 08:27
[Egypt Online] President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi on 22/12/2021 inaugurated over video conference the Dairut Water Purification Plant in Assiut Governorate with a capacity of 86 thousand cubic meters per day.
- Egypt: Abu-Qurqas Water Plantby Egypt Online on 15/01/2022 at 08:27
[Egypt Online] President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi on 22/12/2021 inaugurated over video conference the Abu-Quras Water Plant in Minya Governorate with a capacity of 102/204 thousand cubic meters per day.
- Algeria: Algeria Believe Their Afcon Dreams Can Come Trueby New Frame on 14/01/2022 at 11:23
[New Frame] 'Why not win it?' seems to be the squad's motto for every game. This spirit is instilled by their coach, who believes in his players and entrusts them with the task for which he has amply prepared them.
- Tunisia: Covid-19 - Tataouine Logs 1 More Fatality and 74 Infectionsby Tunis Afrique Presse on 14/01/2022 at 10:50
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The governorate of Tataouine logged 1 more COVID-19 fatality and 74 infections, according to the local health directorate.
- Tunisia: Covid-19 - Caseload Hits 397 in Nabeul Schoolsby Tunis Afrique Presse on 14/01/2022 at 10:50
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The number of COVID-19 infections in schools reached 397 on Thursday, said Head of Preventive Healthcare in Nabeul Omar Sellimi.
- Africa: Afcon 2021 Tunisia Vs Mali Game - CAF Homologate Result As 1-0 in Favour of Maliby Tunis Afrique Presse on 14/01/2022 at 10:50
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The Organising Committee of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON 2021) decided to homologate the Tunisia Vs Mali game result as 1-0 in favour of Mali.
- Tunisia: Political and Non-Political Figures Call for Mass Demonstration On Friday, January 14by Tunis Afrique Presse on 14/01/2022 at 07:52
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Tunisian human rights defenders, political and non-political figures have called on their fellow citizens and all living forces to demonstrate massively on Friday, January 14, to defend "our freedom and our right to decide our fate", namely to live in "a democratic, pluralist and equitable Tunisia".
- Tunisia: Ennahdha Calls to Protest, Jan. 14by Tunis Afrique Presse on 13/01/2022 at 12:30
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The Ennahdha movement on Wednesday called to protest on January 14 to reaffirm rejection of the July 25 process and combat what it describes as "an emerging dictatorship."
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”10″ maximgwidth=”100″]