East Africa News aggregated from different sources, including Ugandan, Kenyan, Tanzanian, Ethiopian, Eritrean, South Sudanese, Rwandan, Burundi newspapers.
AllAfrica News: East Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Kenya: Safaricom Picks New Company Secretary As Kathryne Maundu Resignson 30/09/2023 at 07:53
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Linda Mesa Wambani will, from tomorrow, be the new Safaricom Company Secretary following the resignation of Kathryne Maundu.
- Ethiopia: Hospital Stepping Up to Preserve Nation's Medical Historyon 30/09/2023 at 07:52
[Ethiopian Herald] In a significant step towards preserving Ethiopia's medical history, Alert Comprehensive Specialized Hospital convened a fruitful discussion forum with the Japanese Sasakawa Health Foundation on September 27, 2023.
- Ethiopia: U.S. Lauds Ethiopia's Transitional Justice Effortson 30/09/2023 at 07:51
[Ethiopian Herald] The U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken applauded government's endeavor to ensure transitional justice in Ethiopia.
- Ethiopia: Unesco Heritage Sites Inspiring Tourism Revolutionon 30/09/2023 at 07:44
[Ethiopian Herald] When United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) enlisted 12 heritages in its first version sites in 1978, Ethiopia was amongst the seven countries including Canada, the U.S., Senegal, among others, which inscribed two heritages. In fact, the world heritages list has over 1,000 sites across the world now.
- Sudan: U.S. Announces Sanctions on Former Sudan Foreign Minister Ali Kartion 29/09/2023 at 15:41
[allAfrica] Harare -- The U.S. State Department has announced sanctions on Ali Karti, the former foreign minister of Sudan, accusing him of thwarting efforts to end the civil war there.
- Uganda: How Service Cops' Digital Platform, Schoolpay Is Digitising Education System, One School At a Timeon 29/09/2023 at 14:09
[Nile Post] SchoolPay, a digital school management and payments platform, is a brainchild of Service Cops, a Ugandan technology company with a presence in the Great African Lakes region.
- Uganda: Private-Sector Tourism Players Raise Red Flags On Persistent Government Underfunding of the Sectoron 29/09/2023 at 14:09
[Nile Post] Persistent funding gaps by the Government of its Tourism Development Programme (FY 20/21 to FY 24/25) are slowing down the sector's post-Covid-19 recovery and if not urgently addressed, Uganda risks failing to meet all of the programme's targets, Herbert Byaruhanga the President of the Confederation of Uganda Tourism Associations (COUTA), has warned.
- Uganda: Fally Ipupa Arrives in Uganda Ahead of Arua and Kampala Concerts This Weekendon 29/09/2023 at 14:09
[Nile Post] The wait is over, the main man is here, and everything is set for celebrated Congolese Artist Fally Ipupa to rock his Ugandan fans at two shows.
- Uganda: South African Chef Keletso Set to Whisk up Culinary Magic for Singleton Chef Versus Event This Saturdayon 29/09/2023 at 14:09
[Nile Post] This Saturday, September 30th at Salama Springs in Bugolobi, the Singleton Chef Versus showdown promises an exceptional fusion of flavours and fine dining.
- Uganda: Turkish Tour Operators Thrilled By Uganda's Tourist Attractionson 29/09/2023 at 14:09
[Nile Post] A group of 20 guests from the Republic of Turkiye are currently on familiarisation trip to Uganda to visit the country's tourist attractions.
- Sudan: Musa Hilal to Mediate Between Warring Tribes in South Darfurby [email protected] (Dabanga) on 29/09/2023 at 12:52
[Dabanga] Misteriya -- Mahameed clan chief and former Janjaweed leader Musa Hilal yesterday announced a reconciliation initiative between the Beni Halba and Salamat tribes that have been fighting each other for nearly two months.
- Sudan: Reports About RSF Expanding Combat Scope in Darfurby [email protected] (Dabanga) on 29/09/2023 at 12:52
[Dabanga] Nyala / El Fasher / London -- According to the Darfur Bar Association (DBA), the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) are reinforcing their combat capabilities in Sudan's already war-torn western region. The lawyers warn of more tribal violence in the region. The United Arab Emirates allegedly continues to send arms to the militia. People in North Darfur fear clashes between the RSF and the Darfur Joint Protection Force.
- Uganda: Mafikizolo to Perform At Pilsner's One Nation Cultural Festivalon 29/09/2023 at 09:53
[Nile Post] Pilsner Lager has announced a partnership with Kulture Klub to host the inaugural one nation festival, an event to unite Ugandans in a celebration of the rich cultural heritage across various tribes from the country.
- Uganda: Uganda Denies Sending 70 Officials to UN Assemblyon 29/09/2023 at 07:24
[Nile Post] The Ugandan government has denied that it sent over 70 officials to United Nations General Assembly.
- Uganda: Uganda's Serunjogi Appointed to Advise President Biden On Africaon 29/09/2023 at 07:24
[Nile Post] United States (US) President Biden has appointed US-based Ugandan businessman, Ham Serunjogi as a member of his inaugural Advisory Council on African Diaspora Engagement in the US.
- Uganda: Govt Allocates Additional Shillings 1 Billion Per District for Road Maintenance From Land Fundon 29/09/2023 at 07:24
[Nile Post] In a significant effort to enhance road infrastructure across the nation, the government of Uganda has allocated additional funds through the Land Fund for the maintenance of roads in every district.
- Uganda: Gen Mbadi Urges UPDF Air Force Officers to Guard Reputation of Institutionon 29/09/2023 at 07:24
[Nile Post] The Chief of Defence Force (CDF), Gen Wilson Mbadi has urged UPDF Air Force officers to desist from dangerous tendencies that can lead to damaging the reputation of the institution.
- Uganda: A Moneylender Charging an Interest of 20% Per Month? Enough Is Enough, Says Musevenion 29/09/2023 at 07:23
[Nile Post] President Museveni has directed the Ministry of Finance to issue a statutory instrument in two weeks on interest paid by borrowers to moneylenders in the country.
- Sudan: Army Chief El Burhan, Paramilitary Forces Head Dagalo Arrive in Saudi Arabiaby [email protected] (Dabanga) on 29/09/2023 at 07:20
[Dabanga] London / Port Sudan -- Lt Gen Abdelfattah El Burhan, head of Sudan's Sovereignty Council and commander of the Sudan Armed Forces (SAF) and Lt Gen Mohamed 'Hemedti' Dagalo, commander of the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) reportedly arrived in Saudi Arabia last night, raising hope for the country's population of 48 million people that the clashes may come to an end soon. A military expert explained to Radio Dabanga that the war between the SAF and the RSF cannot be resolved militarily.
- Sudan: 'Severe Overcrowding and Delays' At Passport Officesby [email protected] (Dabanga) on 29/09/2023 at 07:18
[Dabanga] El Gedaref / Kassala / El Fasher / El Fasher / El -- Residents of El Gedaref complained earlier this week of severe overcrowding in the city's passport extraction centre, leading to processing delays. Passport processing currently takes up to three weeks in El Gedaref, and over a month in Kassala.
- Sudan: Medics 'Sound the Alarm' On Cholera and Dengueby [email protected] (Dabanga) on 29/09/2023 at 07:17
[Dabanga] Sudan -- Medical professionals throughout Sudan report escalating numbers of Cholera and Dengue* fever rates, heightened by the arrival of seasonal rains and shortages in medical supplies.
- Sudan: Capital 'Under Constant Shelling', Clashes Persist in South Kordofanby [email protected] (Dabanga) on 29/09/2023 at 07:17
[Dabanga] Khartoum / Omdurman / Kadugli -- Parts of the Sudan capital, Khartoum, and its sister city Omdurman, witnessed violent clashes and heavy artillery shelling on Wednesday between the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF). In Kadugli, the army launched a new attack on SPLM-N El Hilu positions in the South Kordofan capital.
- Sudan: Climate Crisis Worsening Sudan's Instability - Expertsby [email protected] (VOA) on 29/09/2023 at 07:14
[VOA] Juba, South Sudan -- Environmental experts are ringing alarm bells, saying decades-long climate and environmental changes in Sudan have exacerbated social and political instability, fueling the monthslong conflict in the country centered around access to land, water and other vital resources.
- Uganda: Cnooc Sends Ugandan Students to China Further Their Oil and Gas Studieson 29/09/2023 at 06:38
[Nile Post] The China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) Uganda, the operator of the Kingfisher oil field in the Albertine region, has flagged off Ugandan students to China to further their studies in oil and gas .
- Uganda: Uganda Looks to Chinese Backers After Pipeline Funders Withdrawon 28/09/2023 at 14:47
[allAfrica] Harare -- Uganda is in the closing stages of talks with Chinese bankers to help fund a contentious pipeline project after some Western partners withdrew, a top official said on Wednesday, the East African reports.
- Uganda: Our Bid for Afcon 2027 Was the Most Attractive, Says Musevenion 28/09/2023 at 12:06
[Nile Post] President Museveni has congratulated the country, Kenya and Tanzania for winning the rights to jointly host the 2027 edition of the Africa Cup of Nations .
- Uganda: Govt Unveils Plan to Boost Education, Well Being Through National Sports Policyon 28/09/2023 at 12:06
[Nile Post] In a bid to bolster education and promote physical well-being among the youth, the Ugandan government has introduced a groundbreaking National Physical Education and Sports Policy.
- Uganda: Uganda's Sickle Cell Medication Crisis - a Battle for Hope and Affordabilityon 28/09/2023 at 12:06
[Nile Post] In the heart of Uganda, a silent crisis unfolds, echoing the desperate cries of those battling sickle cell disease. While the world spins forward, these warriors are forced to stand still, trapped in the unyielding grip of soaring medication costs.
- Kenya: Court Exonerates Health Care Provider, Mother Criminalised for Abortionon 28/09/2023 at 10:28
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Chief Magistrates Court in Makadara fully acquitted Samson Mwita a licensed health care provider, and Grace Wanjiku, a mother of an adolescent girl, on all charges of procuring abortion care.
- Ethiopia: UN Rights Body Should Extend Ethiopia Investigationsby [email protected] (HRW) on 28/09/2023 at 07:51
[HRW] European Union Should Lead Action to Preserve International Scrutiny of Rights Crisis
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”8″ maximgwidth=”100″]