East Africa News aggregated from different sources, including Ugandan, Kenyan, Tanzanian, Ethiopian, Eritrean, South Sudanese, Rwandan, Burundi newspapers.
AllAfrica News: East Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Mauritius: War in Ukraine - Why Mauritius is taking a hard line against Russiaon 28/03/2023 at 02:21
[L'Express] Last week the Mauritian government and opposition parties snubbed an invitation from the Russian government to attend a meeting of African parliamentarians in Moscow. Diplomatically, Port-Louis seems to be taking a harder line against Russia than either India or many African states, which have traditionally moored Mauritian foreign policy. So why is Mauritius looking more hawkish on the Russian-Ukrainian war?
- Kenya: Raila Leads Azimio Demonstrations in Kawangware, Kibraon 27/03/2023 at 15:01
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Azimio La Umoja One Kenya Leader Raila Odinga Monday led demonstrations in Kawangware and Kibra to push President William Ruto's administration to address the high cost of living and electoral reforms.
- Kenya: Hight Court to Rule On Legality of Azimio Demonstrations Tomorrowon 27/03/2023 at 15:01
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The High Court will on Tuesday make ruling on whether the demonstrations by the Azimio La Umoja coalition party are legal.
- Kenya: Transport CS Appoints New Kenya Railways Chairon 27/03/2023 at 14:56
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Transport Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen has appointed Muhumed Abdi Mohamed as the new chairman of the Kenya Railways Corporation (KRC).
- Kenya: No Handshake, Tuko On, Mondays and Thursdays - Railaon 27/03/2023 at 14:43
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Azimio La Umoja One Kenya Leader Raila Odinga has asserted that the coalition's demonstrations are still on despite police officers cordoning the Nairobi Central Business District where the protests are initiated to commence.
- Somalia: Somaliland Says Run Out of Patience and Will Attack Las Anodon 27/03/2023 at 14:09
[Shabelle] Hargeisa -- The breakaway Somaliland military said that they will carry out an all-out offensive against the SSC-Khatumo forces to retake control of the town of Lasanod.
- Somalia: Elders From Southern Somalia Visit Las Anod Frontlines On Peace Missionon 27/03/2023 at 14:08
[Shabelle] Las Anod -- The traditional elders from Southern Somalia, mainly the capital, Mogadishu arrived in Las Anod and paid a visit to the front-line zones on Monday.
- Tanzania: Key Principles Drive Sound Development of China-Tanzania and China-Africa Relationson 27/03/2023 at 13:59
[Daily News] In March 2013, Chinese President Xi Jinping came to Africa during his first overseas trip after assuming presidency, and Tanzania was his first stop in Africa.
- Mauritius: Cycle Network Project - Promotion of Cycling As an Ecological Mode of Transportation #AfricaClimateCrisison 27/03/2023 at 13:49
[Government of Mauritius] A plan for the Cycle Network Project for the regions of Beau Bassin, Rose-Hill and Ebène, aimed at promoting cycling as an ecological mode of transportation across Mauritius, was presented, today, by the Traffic Management and Road Safety Unit, at the Municipal Council of Beau Bassin/Rose-Hill.
- Africa: Namibia's Sports Minister Disappointed Over Rules Targetting Women Athletes with High Testosterone Levelsby [email protected] (New Era) on 27/03/2023 at 13:19
[New Era] Sports Minister Agnes Tjongarero has expressed disappointment with the World Athletics (WA) over its new rule, banning athletes with high levels of testosterone from competing.
- Mauritius: Minister Maneesh Gobin Meets Representatives of the International Atomic Energy Agencyon 27/03/2023 at 11:18
[Government of Mauritius] The Attorney General, Minister of Agro-Industry and Food Security, Mr. Maneesh Gobin, met on Friday 24 March 2023, a delegation from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), at the seat of his Ministry in Port-Louis.
- Kenya: Kenya's Opposition Leader Calls for Protestsby [email protected] (VOA) on 27/03/2023 at 10:57
[VOA] Nairobi and other Kenyan cities are bracing Monday for a fresh round of anti-government protests about the high cost of living under President William Ruto's government.
- Seychelles: First Breadfruit Day Organised in Seychelles, Valorising Traditional Staple Foodon 27/03/2023 at 10:01
[Seychelles News Agency] With the aim of encouraging people in Seychelles to have a breadfruit tree in their home garden to help in ensuring food security in the country, the Creative Seychelles Agency (CSA) organised the first Breadfruit Day on Saturday.
- Kenya: Police in Kisumu Take Cover as Azimio Demonstrators Hurl Stoneson 27/03/2023 at 09:14
[Capital FM] Kisumu -- Police were forced to take cover as they came under a hail of stones at the Kisumu bus terminus.
- Kenya: Nyong'o in Stand-Off With Azimio Demonstrators Who Want Access to Kisumu CBDon 27/03/2023 at 09:13
[Capital FM] Kisumu -- Kisumu Governor Anyang Nyong'o has led a handful of demonstrators from Kondele towards Nyamsaria.
- Kenya: Police Lob Teargas, in Running Battles With Azimio Demonstrators in Mathareon 27/03/2023 at 09:13
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Police on Monday hurled teargas at Azimio La Umoja One Kenya demonstrators who hurled stones at them in Mathare.
- Kenya: Kenya Prepares for Anti-Government Demonstrations As Prices Soaron 27/03/2023 at 08:34
[RFI] Kenyans were bracing on Monday for a new round of anti-government demonstrations provoked by the high cost of living, after the opposition vowed the action would go ahead despite a police ban.
- Africa: Egypt's Diplomatic Campaign Against GERD Is a Threat to Africa's Progresson 27/03/2023 at 06:47
[Nile Post] As Ethiopia continues to receive applause from the rest of the countries in Africa, for singlehandedly (without foreign funding) together with its people, constructing a $5-billion mega-power plant, the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD), Egypt is doubling on efforts to fail it.
- Kenya: Heighted Security in Nairobi Ahead of Azimio Protestson 27/03/2023 at 06:38
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- There is heightened security in Nairobi's Central Business District (CBD) amid anticipated protests from the Azimio la Umoja one Kenya opposition coalition.
- Rwanda: Rwanda First African Country to Fully Integrate Drone Technology in Fighting Malariaon 27/03/2023 at 06:32
[New Times] In a world still grappling with malaria elimination, Rwanda was the first country to integrate and deploy drones in the most malaria endemic zones of the country for an accelerated outcome.
- East Africa: Wishlist as Region Looks to Revamp Roaming Frameworkon 27/03/2023 at 06:32
[New Times] Frequent cross-border forays chasing elusive prospects led to a closer look at the roaming service. And like many roving East African Community citizens, I can vouch for the One Area Network (ONA).
- Rwanda: Longer Maternity Leave Sparks Public Debateon 27/03/2023 at 06:32
[New Times] Working mothers are leaving their babies to domestic workers soon after three months of maternity leave elapse, MP Frank Habineza said, proposing that such a leave should be doubled for better child care.
- Tanzania: Ministry Announces 1bn/ - Award Packed for Local Researcherson 27/03/2023 at 06:17
[Daily News] Dodoma -- MINISTER for Education, Science and Technology, Prof Adolf Mkenda has announced a 1bn/- award for local researchers in higher learning institutions who will emerge winners in the publication of natural science, mathematics, medicine, health and allied science features with a unique taste.
- Tanzania: PM - Govt Puts More Thrust to People-Centred Projectson 27/03/2023 at 06:17
[Daily News] Simiyu -- PRIME Minister Kassim Majaliwa has inaugurated various projects in Simiyu Region, insisting that the government will continue dishing out funds to implement projects that help to improve provision of services to the people.
- Tanzania: Julius Nyerere Airport Ushers in New Modern Restauranton 27/03/2023 at 06:17
[Daily News] THE Director General of the Tanzania Airport Authority (TAA), Mr Mussa Bura yesterday launched a new modern restaurant at the Julius Nyerere International Airport Terminal 3-an investment of 500,000 US dollars (about 1.15bn/-) made by the Sky Views Company.
- Tanzania: Govt Calls on Strong Measures to Fight Illegal Diamond Tradeon 27/03/2023 at 06:17
[Daily News] TANZANIA has called for an increased accountability, transparency and implementable measures to combat illegal diamond trade in the world.
- Tanzania: Minister Says Blue Economy Is 'Game Changer' for Zanzibarison 27/03/2023 at 06:12
[Daily News] THE State Minister, Office of the Second Vice-President (Policy, Coordination and House of Representatives) Mr Hamza Hassan Juma has said that majority of Zanzibaris are set to benefit from the ongoing implementation of the blue economy agenda.
- Africa: Joint Forces Kill DR Congo Rebels in Surprise Attackon 27/03/2023 at 06:12
[Nile Post] The joint forces of UPDF and the Congolese army, FARDC have announced that they have killed at least 20 ADF rebels in Eastern DR Congo.
- Kenya: Police Must Use All Means Including Force to Restore Sanity - Cherargeion 27/03/2023 at 06:09
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Nandi senator Samson Cherargei has urged police to use every means possible including use of force to counter Azimio protestors.
- Kenya: Kenya Railways Suspends Operations Over Looming Protestson 27/03/2023 at 05:46
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Kenya Railways has suspended all its operations ahead of Monday's anti-government protests.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”8″ maximgwidth=”100″]