East Africa News aggregated from different sources, including Ugandan, Kenyan, Tanzanian, Ethiopian, Eritrean, South Sudanese, Rwandan, Burundi newspapers.
AllAfrica News: East Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Sudan: Sudan - 5 Dead in Mass Protests Against Army Ruleby DW on 30/06/2022 at 19:40
[DW] At least five protesters were shot dead in Sudan Thursday, medics said, as huge crowds staged rallies against an October military coup.
- Sudan: U.S. Senate and House Leaders from Both Parties Press Sudan Military to Cede Powerby United States Senate on 30/06/2022 at 19:14
[United States Senate] Washington, DC -- WASHINGTON -- U.S. Senators Jim Risch (R-Idaho) and Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), ranking member and chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and U.S. Representatives Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.) and Michael McCaul (R-Texas), chairman and ranking member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, today released the below statement calling on the Sudanese military junta to cede power to civilian leaders and respect the rights of freedom of expression and peaceful protest.
- Sudan: Sudan Doctors Deplore Raids On Hospitalsby Dabanga on 30/06/2022 at 18:37
[Dabanga] Khartoum / Omdurman / Bahri -- The Unified Doctors Office in Sudan has raised the alarm after "several attempts from the security forces to attack hospitals in Khartoum state, as well as the medical staff who are working tirelessly to treat the injured during today's demonstrations."
- Sudan: First Casualties Fall As Pro-Democracy Marches of the Millions Erupt Across Sudanby Dabanga on 30/06/2022 at 18:33
[Dabanga] Khartoum / Darfur / River Nile / Red Sea State / K -- Thousands of Sudanese have answered the call of the Resistance Committees, taken to the streets of the capital Khartoum, and in towns and cities across the states of Sudan, in the June 30 Marches of the Millions, timed to mark the 33rd anniversary of the coup d'état, that toppled Sudan's last elected government, and began the Al Bashir dictatorship that would last for 30 years.
- Sudan: Pro-Democracy Movement Persists in Sudanby CFR on 30/06/2022 at 18:30
[CFR] Sudan's June 30 demonstrations reflect citizens' desire for civilian control of the state, and the junta's discomfort with expressions of popular will. The international actors involved with Sudan should take note.
- Sudan: Amid Protests, Sudan Regime Blocks Internet Assetsby Surfshark on 30/06/2022 at 15:27
[Surfshark] The internet was disrupted amid protests against military junta
- Somalia: Minister of Education Attends Paris Meetingby Shabelle on 30/06/2022 at 13:29
[Shabelle] PARIS - Somalia's Minister of Education Abdullahi Arab has attended an International Conference on the Advancement of Education which was held in Paris, the French capital.
- Mauritius: Tourists Troop Back to Mauritiusby CAJ News on 30/06/2022 at 13:09
[CAJ News] Port Louis -- Mauritius has received over 500,000 visitors since October last year when the country reopened its borders.
- Uganda: Museveni, U.S. Human Rights Activist Exchange Hot Words in Ntungamo Meetingby Nile Post on 30/06/2022 at 12:58
[Nile Post] "No one can teach me about the subject of human rights," the president told Roth
- Ethiopia: Human Rights Watch Statement to the International Commission of Human Rights Experts On Ethiopiaby HRW on 30/06/2022 at 11:05
[HRW] 50th session of the UN Human Rights Council
- South Sudan: China Aid Donates Much Needed Personal Protective Equipment to Aid COVID-19 Fightby UNHCR on 30/06/2022 at 10:46
[UNHCR] Today, China Aid has donated more than 1.3 million items of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, to support ongoing efforts in curbing the spread of COVID-19 and other contagious diseases in South Sudan.
- Somalia: Hunger Leaves Children Susceptible to Diseasesby Shabelle on 30/06/2022 at 10:03
[Shabelle] The worst ongoing drought in 40 years in war-torn Somalia has left children weak, hungry, and susceptible to diseases.
- Somalia: Bahrain Congratulates the President of the Federal Republicby Shabelle on 30/06/2022 at 10:03
[Shabelle] His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, today sent a congratulatory cable to the President of the Federal Republic of Somalia, HE Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, on Somalia's Independence Day.
- Somalia: Police Carry Out Anti-Drug Operation in Mogadishuby Shabelle on 30/06/2022 at 10:03
[Shabelle] Somali Police forces have last night carried out an operation against drug dealers and narcotic businesses in the capital, Mogadishu, authorities said.
- Somalia: PM Attends an Event for His Congratulationby Shabelle on 30/06/2022 at 10:03
[Shabelle] The Prime Minister of Somalia Hamza Abdi Barre attended last night an event organized by Somali students from Malaysia to welcome and congratulated him.
- Kenya: Police Probing Incident of Underage Child Caught on Camera Smoking Marijuanaby Capital FM on 30/06/2022 at 09:26
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The National Police Service (NPS) says it is investigating an incident where an underage child was caught n camera smoking marijuana.
- Kenya: Odinga Dismisses Claims He Orchestrated Ports Auction to UAE Companyby Capital FM on 30/06/2022 at 09:26
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Azimio la Umoja - One Kenya Alliance flag bearer Raila Odinga has distanced himself from the claims that he was part of the team that auctioned three ports.
- Kenya: Ruto to Unveil Kenya Kwanza Manifesto Anchored on Economic Renewalby Capital FM on 30/06/2022 at 09:25
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Kenya Kwanza Alliance is Thursday expected to launch its manifesto at Nairobi's Kasarani Sports Complex.
- Kenya: Karua Roots for ODM Homa Bay Gubernatorial Candidate Gladys Wangaby Capital FM on 30/06/2022 at 09:24
[Capital FM] Homa Bay -- Azimio- One Kenya coalition Presidential running mate Martha Karua has drummed up support for Homa-Bay County ODM party gubernatorial candidate Gladys Wanga saying she had the ability to transform the county.
- Kenya: Govt Asks Kenyans to Import Maize By August 6 After Tax Waiverby Capital FM on 30/06/2022 at 09:24
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The government has urged Kenyans to import maize within the stipulated period in a bid to stabilize food prices while adhering to the provisions of set guidelines on quality standards.
- Kenya: Court Issues Temporary Orders for Inclusion of Running Mate Photos on Ballotsby Capital FM on 30/06/2022 at 09:23
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) may be forced to review its formats for presidential and gubernatorial ballot papers to include images of running mates.
- Tanzania: New Fertiliser Tech to Boost Productivityby Daily News on 30/06/2022 at 09:22
[Daily News] The agriculture sector has got fresh impetus from a new fertiliser technology which is centred on environmental conservation while boosting productivity.
- Kenya: Shisha, Sex Toys and Drones Top List of Commonly Intercepted Goods at Airportby Capital FM on 30/06/2022 at 09:22
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Shisha, drones, whitening creams, and sex toys are the most commonly intercepted goods at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA).
- Uganda: Byanyima - "Government Should Explain Why Partner Is in Prison"by Nile Post on 30/06/2022 at 09:21
[Nile Post] The executive director, United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), Winnie Byanyima has said she doesn't understand why government decided to imprison her partner, Dr Kizza Besigye instead of focusing on the issues he raised.
- Uganda: Local Tourism Boosted As Roast & Rhyme Heads to Jinjaby Nile Post on 30/06/2022 at 09:21
[Nile Post] With just a few days to this year's Bell Lager and Swangz Avenue's Roast and Rhyme edition in
- Uganda: Airtel, Mbale City Authority Launch Remodeled Clock Towerby Nile Post on 30/06/2022 at 09:21
[Nile Post] Telecom giants Airtel Uganda has in partnership with with Mbale City Authority launched the remodeled Mbale Clock Tower to boost the city's look and reserve its symbolic Icon.
- Uganda: Over 1000 Youths Recruited As UPDF Concludes Exercise in Eastern Regionby Nile Post on 30/06/2022 at 09:21
[Nile Post] More than 1000 youths have been recruited by Uganda Peoples' Defence Forces (UPDF) teams in greater Eastern Uganda during the ongoing army recruitment exercise.
- Uganda: Improving Literacy Levels Key to Uganda's Development, Says Us Ambassadorby Nile Post on 30/06/2022 at 09:21
[Nile Post] The US ambassador to Uganda, Natalie Brown has stressed the need to improve literacy levels to achieve Uganda's desired goal of transforming the country into a modern economy.
- Seychelles: More Sports Tourism Sites Need to Be Developed in Seychelles, Investment Minister Saysby Seychelles News Agency on 30/06/2022 at 09:17
[Seychelles News Agency] A number of sites have been identified in Seychelles to build facilities for sports tourism activities as part of the government's plan to diversify the tourism industry, a top official recently.
- Tanzania: Patandi Teachers for Residential Training in Norwayby Daily News on 30/06/2022 at 07:26
[Daily News] SPECIAL needs education teachers at Patandi College in Arusha are set to travel to Norway for a residential training at Molde University College.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”8″ maximgwidth=”100″]