East Africa News aggregated from different sources, including Ugandan, Kenyan, Tanzanian, Ethiopian, Eritrean, South Sudanese, Rwandan, Burundi newspapers.
AllAfrica News: East Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Ethiopia: 30 Organizations Issue Appeal on Ending Violence and Famine in Tigrayby Refugees International on 22/09/2021 at 15:48
[Refugees International] As the United National General Assembly continues in New York, 30 organizations issued a joint open letter to UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and permanent representatives of Security Council member states calling on them to take urgent action to end violence and famine in Tigray, northern Ethiopia.
- Uganda: Five Ugandan Startups to Get $18,000 Funding From Jicaby Independent (Kampala) on 22/09/2021 at 14:42
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala, Uganda -- Five Ugandan startups that are ready for the next level of growth have been selected for the Next Innovation with Japan Accelerator program.
- Uganda: Uganda's Emergency Care Needs Life Supportby Independent (Kampala) on 22/09/2021 at 14:42
[Independent (Kampala)] Global Press Journal -- Around 1:40 a.m. on April 6, Richard Kabunga was walking home from a friend's housewarming party when he found a man lying unconscious outside a bar in his neighborhood.
- Tanzania: Climate Change Deserves Greater Attentionby Daily News on 22/09/2021 at 14:28
[Daily News] ATTENDING a preliminary meeting on climate change in New York, USA on Monday, President Samia Suluhu Hassan underlined the need for heightened mitigation measures to tackle the crisis.
- Tanzania: Eviction Exercise Set to Rescue Nature Reserveby Daily News on 22/09/2021 at 14:28
[Daily News] EVICTION of persons who encroached Mkingu Nature Forest Reserve (MNFR) to plant crops has started in Gonja village.
- Kenya: Drought - Lamu Herders Ask to Access Private Ranchesby Nation on 22/09/2021 at 14:23
[Nation] Pastoralist communities in Lamu County are pleading with county officials to initiate talks with ranch owners so they can be allowed to graze their livestock on private land.
- Tanzania: Director of Public Prosecutions Sets Free Lissu and Two Journalistsby Daily News on 22/09/2021 at 14:05
[Daily News] THE Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Wednesday dropped the seditious charges against Politician Tundu Lissu and three others, which were pending before the Kisutu Resident Magistrate's Court in Dar es Salaam.
- Kenya: What Kenyan Midwives Wantby Nation on 22/09/2021 at 14:02
[Nation] "Despite their life-affirming role in providing healthcare for women, midwives are the least paid healthcare workers," said Angela Nguku, founder and executive director, White Ribbon Alliance Kenya (WRA Kenya), during the launch of a report on what midwives want on September 22 in Kisumu.
- Somalia: One Dead in Marka Blastby Shabelle on 22/09/2021 at 13:47
[Shabelle] An explosion took place this morning in Marka, the capital of the Lower Shabelle region. The blast, which was said to be a landmine, reportedly took place inside a garage near the police station.
- Sudan: Sudan Government Confirms Control Over Situation..after Thwarting Coup Attemptby Ghanaian Times on 22/09/2021 at 13:43
[Ghanaian Times] The Sudanese government has confirmed control over the security situation in the capital Khartoum after foiling a coup plot, according to an official statement on Tuesday.
- Sudan: ♦ Sudan - This Week's News in Brief ♦by Radio Dabanga on 22/09/2021 at 13:28
[Radio Dabanga] Dabanga Sudan -- A compact digest of the past week's most-read highlights, from the heart of Sudan. Subscribe to receive this digest weekly in your inbox.
- Uganda: Gold Exporters Want Government to Reduce New Taxesby Monitor on 22/09/2021 at 13:06
[Monitor] Government is still engaging stakeholders, among them gold exporters, who have asked that the current tax regime on the commodity be revised downwards.
- Uganda: World Bank Discontinues Doing Business Report Over False Databy Monitor on 22/09/2021 at 13:06
[Monitor] The World Bank has discontinued publication of the annual Doing Business report over irregularities and change of submitted data for 2018 and 2020.
- Uganda: Prime Minister Nabbanja Cites Shoddy Roadworksby Monitor on 22/09/2021 at 13:06
[Monitor] The Prime Minister, Ms Robinah Nabbanja, has recommended the termination of a contract for the construction of a 40-kilometre road in Kyegegwa District, citing shoddy work.
- Kenya: Odibets Gifts Ferdinand Omanyala Brand New Carby Capital FM on 22/09/2021 at 12:51
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Sprint sensation Ferdinand Omanyala has been gifted a brand-new car by betting firm Odibets as a reward for breaking the African 100 metres record last weekend at the Kip Keino Classic.
- Kenya: Shujaa Coach Simiyu Out to Go One Better in Edmonton 7sby Capital FM on 22/09/2021 at 12:51
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- After registering an impressive performance in Vancouver 7s, the national men's sevens team will be aiming to go one better when they tackle a manageable Pool B of this weekend's Edmonton 7s in Canada.
- Kenya: Yatani Summoned Over Delayed Payment of Pension Benefits to Councilorsby Capital FM on 22/09/2021 at 12:51
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Ukur Yatani has been summoned to appear before the Senate Committee on Labour on Thursday so that he can give details on the payment of a one-off honorarium and monthly pension to the former councilors.
- Kenya: IEBC Says Sh14.4 Billion Budget Gap Could Weaken Poll Readinessby Capital FM on 22/09/2021 at 12:51
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Insufficient funding could scuttle critical preparatory activities ahead of the 2022 General Elections, electoral commission has warned.
- Kenya: Police on the Spot Over Enforced Disappearances, Arbitrary Detentionsby Capital FM on 22/09/2021 at 12:51
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Kenyan security agencies are on the spot following the recent rise in the cases of enforced disappearances and kidnappings in the country.
- Kenya: Govt Dispatches Relief Food as Part of a Sh2 Billion Drought Intervention Planby Capital FM on 22/09/2021 at 12:51
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The government on Wednesday flagged off food stuff including animal feeds to drought hit areas as part of a Sh2 billion commitment that was announced by President Uhuru Kenyatta when he declared the situation a national disaster on September 8.
- Kenya: Kebs Orders Recall of 14 Sanitizer Brands Over Noncompliance to Standardsby Capital FM on 22/09/2021 at 12:51
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Kenya Bureau of Standards on Wednesday directed manufactures of 14 hand sanitizer brands to recall them from the market after failing to meet standard requirements.
- Kenya: Magoha Taps Murgor for Suit Challenging CBC Implementationby Capital FM on 22/09/2021 at 12:51
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Education cabinet Secretary George Magoha has appointed Philip Murgor to represent him in the case contesting the implementation of the Competence Based Curriculum (CBC) following a petition filed by advocate Esther Ang'awa.
- Kenya: 21 Shortlisted for Vacant EACC Commissioner Slotsby Capital FM on 22/09/2021 at 12:51
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Public Service Commission (PSC) has shortlisted 21 candidates for the position of member of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) to fill two positions that were occasioned by the resignation of two commissioners.
- Kenya: Marathon Queen Mary Keitany Retiresby Nation on 22/09/2021 at 12:44
[Nation] Kenyan running great Mary Keitany has announced her retirement from athletics.
- Kenya: Kenya Seeks IMF Aid to Repay China Loansby Citizen on 22/09/2021 at 12:42
[Citizen] Kenya is considering using reserves from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to compensate for Chinese loans it repaid after the Treasury dropped an earlier request to defer debt payments.
- Somalia: Somaliland Representatives End Tiff, Agree On Senator Nomination Listby East African on 22/09/2021 at 11:33
[East African] Somalia's northern regions will now begin electing representatives to the Senate, after two key leaders agreed on a joint nomination for candidates.
- Tanzania: DPP Drops Sedition Charges Against Tundu Lissuby Citizen on 22/09/2021 at 10:44
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- The Kisutu Resident Magistrate's Court has dismissed a sedition case that Chadema's deputy chairman, Tundu Lissu and four others were facing.
- Rwanda: Covid-19 - Bars to Re-Open After 18 Months, Curfew Hours Reduced in Kigaliby New Times on 22/09/2021 at 07:12
[New Times] A cabinet meeting on Tuesday September 21 resolved to open bars progressively, following the reduction of Covid-19 cases in the country.
- Rwanda: School Curriculum for Autistic Children in the Offingby New Times on 22/09/2021 at 05:33
[New Times] For a very long time, Jacqueline Dushimirimana struggled to find the right school for her daughter since her condition did not allow her to follow the regular school programme.
- Tanzania: Nzasa-Kilunde-Buza Road Section Nears Completionby Daily News on 02/09/2021 at 06:30
[Daily News] REHABILITATION and upgrading of Nzasa-Kilungule- Buza road in Temeke Municipality under the Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project (DMDP) will be complete by October this year.
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”8″ maximgwidth=”100″]