East Africa News aggregated from different sources, including Ugandan, Kenyan, Tanzanian, Ethiopian, Eritrean, South Sudanese, Rwandan, Burundi newspapers.
AllAfrica News: East Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Ethiopia: Ethiopia On Edge of Humanitarian Disaster, UN Agency Saysby VOA on 16/01/2022 at 10:20
[VOA] Geneva -- The World Food Program warns Ethiopia is on the edge of a humanitarian disaster as escalating fighting in the north is preventing the delivery of needed food from reaching millions of people in battle-scarred Tigray province.
- Kenya: Kalonzo Walks Tight Rope in Ukambani Politicsby Capital FM on 16/01/2022 at 10:18
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Wiper Democratic Movement party leader Kalonzo Musyoka is a worried man.
- Nigeria/Sudan: Super Eagles See Off Sudan to Progress to the Last 16by CAF on 16/01/2022 at 09:55
[CAF] The Super Eagles of Nigeria progressed to the last 16 of the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations, Cameroon 2021 with 3-1 victory over Sudan in Group D.
- Kenya: Kenya's Diaspora Remittances Hit Record High of Sh39.7bn in Decemberby Capital FM on 16/01/2022 at 09:48
[Capital FM] Nairobi Kenya -- Diaspora remittances to Kenya hit an all-time high of USD 350.6 million(Sh39.7billion) in December, as Kenyans abroad sent home money for the festivities, the Central Bank of Kenya has revealed.
- Ethiopia: Prefabricated Houses for Broadening Housing Optionby Ethiopian Herald on 16/01/2022 at 09:47
[Ethiopian Herald] Ethiopia is the second-most populous and the least urbanized nation in Africa. Nevertheless, the growth of urbanization, along with population growth, has been increasing at an alarming rate. Hence, the growing population and rapid rate of urbanization have placed ample pressure on housing, particularly amongst the lower-income people of the cities.
- Ethiopia: Gondar Readies to Welcome Epiphany Guestsby Ethiopian Herald on 16/01/2022 at 09:47
[Ethiopian Herald] ADDIS ABABA - All the preparation has been finalized to colorfully mark the Ethiopian Epiphany (Timket) in Gondar city of the Amhara State with the great attendance of the Diaspora community, the Ministry of Tourism disclosed.
- Ethiopia: Young Entrepreneurs' Effort Is Promising to Tackle the Employment Challengeby Ethiopian Herald on 16/01/2022 at 09:47
[Ethiopian Herald] Scholars agree that young entrepreneurs can be part of the solution to the national employment challenge if they get strong support and encouragement from the government and the general public. They also recommend that there are countless ways to set up young entrepreneurs for success.
- Tanzania: Mother, Child Struck By Lightningby Daily News on 16/01/2022 at 09:43
[Daily News] A SIX months pregnant woman and her 14-year old daughter have died instantly after being struck by lightning, while other five citizens have sustained severe injuries.
- Tanzania: Form Iv Exam Results - Girls Beat Boys, Pass Rate Upby Daily News on 16/01/2022 at 09:43
[Daily News] THE National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) on Saturday released the 2021 Form Four National Examination results with girls outshining boys after grabbing eight out of ten top slots.
- Tanzania: Govt Studies Tourism Contribution in GDPby Daily News on 16/01/2022 at 09:43
[Daily News] THE Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism is conducting a study to establish the level of contribution of tourism sector into the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- Tanzania: Kalambo DC Wants Form One Pupils to Report to School On Mondayby Daily News on 16/01/2022 at 09:43
[Daily News] KALAMBO District Commissioner (DC) in Rukwa region, Ms Tano Mwela has ordered all pupils who have been selected to join Form One this year to report to their respective secondary schools on Monday as schools reopen.
- Tanzania: Miners Urged to Get Covid Vaccinationby Daily News on 16/01/2022 at 09:43
[Daily News] THE National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) has urged mine workers in the country to get vaccinated against Covid-19 because their work requires healthy people.
- Tanzania: VP Orders Waste Firm's Contract Terminationby Daily News on 16/01/2022 at 09:43
[Daily News] VICE- PRESIDENT Dr Philip Mpango has expressed dissatisfaction with the cleaning services offered by Green Waste Company in Dodoma City, ordering for termination of the company's contract due to its failure to carry out its duties effectively.
- Tanzania: PM Wants Fertiliser Demand Metby Daily News on 16/01/2022 at 09:43
[Daily News] PRIME Minister Kassim Majaliwa has instructed the Ministry of Agriculture to ensure Intracom Company and other firms produce fertilisers that meet the actual demand of farmers in the country.
- Kenya: Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Chairperson Nominee, 5 Others to Be Vetted On Feb 3by Capital FM on 16/01/2022 at 09:05
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The National Assembly is set to vet the nominee for Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) chairperson post Roseline Odhiambo-Odede on February 3.
- Kenya: M-Pesa Foundation Injects Sh 9.2mn to Boost Gatunguru Health Centre's Infrastructureby Capital FM on 16/01/2022 at 09:05
[Capital FM] Muranga -- M-PESA Foundation has funded the completion and equipping of the Gatunguru Health Centre at a cost of over KES 9.2 million. The health facility will now increase its capacity to serve as a Level 3 Health Centre and provide services to over 80 patients daily.
- Kenya: Mwalala Keen to Break 'Nairobi Dominance' As Homeboyz Hunt for Titleby Capital FM on 16/01/2022 at 09:05
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The last team from outside the capital city to win the FKF Premier League title was in 2010, when Ulinzi Stars edged Gor Mahia in an epic battle to win their fourth league crown.
- Kenya: 'You Will Have Financial Security!' Raila's Pledge to Single Mothersby Capital FM on 16/01/2022 at 09:05
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- A campaign pledge by Orange Democratic Movement Leader Raila Odinga that his government will take care of teenage and single mothers in the country was source of excitement a section of the crowd that attended Saturday's Azimio La Umoja Mega-Rally in Thika Town
- Kenya: Aakif Virani Named Motorsport Personality of the Year 2021by Capital FM on 16/01/2022 at 09:05
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Division One Champion Aakif Virani beat closest challenger Carl 'Flash' Tundo to be crowned the 2021 Kenya Motorsport Personality of the year during a colourful ceremony held at the WRC Safari Rally secretariat in Kasarani.
- Ethiopia: Amidst 'Medical Catastrophe' in Tigray, Ethiopia Accuses Who DG of 'Misconduct'by Addis Standard on 15/01/2022 at 13:03
[Addis Standard] Addis Abeba: In a letter sent to the Executive Board of the World Health Organization (WHO), Ethiopia filed its "objection against the Director-General of WHO, Dr. Tedros Adhanom" over what it said was the DG's "moral, legal and professional standing that threatened WHO's organizational integrity."
- Kenya: World Record Achievable After Boston Marathon, Says In Form Jepchirchirby Capital FM on 15/01/2022 at 12:55
[Capital FM] Kapsabet -- After displaying an outstanding season, Olympic champion Peres Jepchirchir believes the coveted women's marathon world record could be within a striking distance after her debut in the Boston Marathon on April 18.
- Ethiopia: Drought Hits More Woredas in East Showa, Hararghe Zones of Oromia Regionby Addis Standard on 15/01/2022 at 12:15
[Addis Standard] Addis Abeba -- In the Oromia region where drought and worsening food crisis is ravaging several woredas mainly in Borana and East Bale zones, more reports of drought have been coming out of the arid areas in East Showa zone's Fentale woreda, West and East Hararghe zones in Eastern Oromia.
- Kenya: Uda's Grand Plan to Protect Its Votes in August Electionby Capital FM on 15/01/2022 at 12:13
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The United Democratic Alliance (UDA) party has rolled out plans to strengthen its Grassroot Coordination team through the addition of two Polling Center Coordinators at all Polling Centers across the 47 Counties ahead of 2022 general election.
- Kenya: Ruto to Voters - Choose Wisely, You Have the Powerby Capital FM on 15/01/2022 at 11:07
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Deputy President William Ruto has urged Kenyans to support a leader who will take care of their interests.
- Nigeria/Sudan: Afcon 2021 - Iwobi, Aribo Fired Up for Sudan Clashby Premium Times on 15/01/2022 at 11:06
[Premium Times] The players seek another positive result after the bright start recorded against Egypt
- Kenya: Kenyan Domestic Workers' Doomed Voyages to the Gulfby IPS on 15/01/2022 at 11:06
[IPS] Nairobi, Kenya -- Distress calls from vulnerable Kenyan women in Saudi Arabia experiencing mistreatment and torture at the hands of their employers went from 88 in 2019/2020 to 1,025 just one year later.
- Kenya: Court Suspends Leasing of Mumias Sugar Companyby Capital FM on 15/01/2022 at 11:04
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The High Court has suspended any further leasing of Mumias Sugar Company properties pending the hearing and determination of a suit filed by aggrieved sugar cane farmers.
- Nigeria/Sudan: Afcon 2021 - Nigeria V Sudan: Three Mistakes Super Eagles Must Avoidby Premium Times on 15/01/2022 at 11:03
[Premium Times] There are almost 100 places between Nigeria and Sudan in the FIFA ranking
- Ethiopia: Ethiopia Wants WHO to Investigate Tedros Over Tigray Remarksby DW on 15/01/2022 at 09:03
[DW] Ethiopia's government has accused the head of the UN's health agency of interfering in its internal affairs. Separately, another UN body warned that the Tigray region is on "the edge of a major humanitarian disaster."
- Ethiopia: Ethiopia At Crossroads As Drone Attacks Worsen Tigray Crisisby DW on 15/01/2022 at 09:01
[DW] While drone attacks kill dozens of people in Ethiopia's northern Tigray region, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed continues to push for national dialogue to end the conflict. Will his plan succeed?
[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”8″ maximgwidth=”100″]